News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
No wonder you aren't as big a Splash fan! You were only 6 when you rode it! Then it makes sense you wouldn't remember the exit shop.
Exactly. Just curious where it is. Most things I can figure out the layout of the park from photos but this is too far zoomed in to tell which yellow building this is, I thought the only yellow building was the barn, but that's the queue, no?

JohnD

Not in 8 years
Where Splashdown Photos is shown.
1712934741120.png

Ghost93

I think Critter Co-Op has a nice ring to it, and I like the design of the sign. I just don't know how many kids know what a co-op is. I guess it could be an educational opportunity for parents to explain.

PREMiERdrum

Re: Fonting and Art Direction discrepencies

The fonting and art style on the truck, water tower, and entrance signs are decidedly Art Nouveau, which is incredibly appropriate for late-20's New Orleans. While it appears they erred towards text legibility perhaps a bit too far and away from Nouveau's more fluidic, organic shapes, it isn't out of character.

If you find some free time, the competing movements of Art Nouveau, Streamline Moderne, and traditional Art Deco throughout New Orleans architecture in the 1920s and 1930s makes for a fascinating study. Incredibly, there are still a great number of examples of each in the city.

James Alucobond

Re: Fonting and Art Direction discrepencies

The fonting and art style on the truck, water tower, and entrance signs are decidedly Art Nouveau, which is incredibly appropriate for late-20's New Orleans. While it appears they erred towards text legibility perhaps a bit too far and away from Nouveau's more fluidic, organic shapes, it isn't out of character.

If you find some free time, the competing movements of Art Nouveau, Streamline Moderne, and traditional Art Deco throughout New Orleans architecture in the 1920s and 1930s makes for a fascinating study. Incredibly, there are still a great number of examples of each in the city.
The problem is that there are more readily apparent issues with the consistency of the art nouveau elements. Yes, the lily illustration is sort of fine, and the core font is decent; however, the scroll the company name rests on does not look right for the period, and even the organic art nouveau shapes of the illustration don't have the delicate outlining I would expect. Also, the brush script text on the back of the truck and the water tower are the worst offenders to me. They evoke nothing of any style from the era, in my opinion.

Fox&Hound

So the critter co-op sells all the animal plushies and her general store will sell all the Tiana Foods branded kitchenware? Smart move. I think the critter co-op will make a ton of money. Love that they are giving names and characters to the critters and really leaning into that. It was everything I had hoped for- less salt mine and more critters.

Although, it is confusing because in the in-world movie animals acted like animals and only acted more human when Tiana was in frog form. So, I guess animals can play instruments and everyone is cool with it? Honestly, I don't care. It's adorable and I think this is exactly the direction this ride/shopping should lean into.

Getting more excited by the day!

PREMiERdrum

the brush script text on the back of the truck and the water tower are the worst offenders to me. They evoke nothing of any style from the era, in my opinion.
100% agree here, and hopefully this is a detail that can be cleaned up fairly easily (they stick out now, and will stick out worse as things around them open up).

Digital-era script fonts are the hardest to blend and should have been avoided here altogether. With this small amount of text, a weighted hand effort would have sold the whole thing.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
"Critter Coop, dad?"

"Yeah, that's where they keep the critters locked up"

Co-op, community, employee-owned... they're hitting all the cool, hip, and trendy words of the early 2010's 1930's!

"Critter Coop, dad?"

"Yeah, that's where they keep the critters locked up"

Co-op, community, employee-owned... they're hitting all the cool, hip, and trendy words of the early 2010's 1930's!
It's where Tiana's Foods sells the stuffed corpses of their critter friends!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's where Tiana's Foods sells the stuffed corpses of their critter friends!

Man, you went down a much darker path with that name than I did! πŸ˜‚

If the General Store sells kitchenwares, how well will they sell since they don't have resort package delivery anymore? "Can you store this Tiana Toaster somewhere while we ride Space Mountain?" Without actually knowing yet what that location will sell, of course. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom