News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

Could they have chosen a worse typeface? Have to be two feet from it to read it. I get what they were going for but old-skool Imagineers would have actual hand-painted script lettering.

There's nothing out of place whatsoever with the truck within the movie's time period. The Market Crash happened in 1929. The movie was 1926 and this ride has been said to be about a year after the movie, 1927 (the photo of placing the tiara atop the water tower has 1927 written on it).

Trucks like these were very much commonplace on large farms during that era. Well before that year in fact.

View attachment 777837

Out of place in Frontierland as a whole, then I agree. But since you specified the PATF movie and its time period, no it's perfectly reasonable in that context.
That looks era accurate. Tiana's looks far too modern in its execution. A better choice would have been a franken-Studebaker pickup with wooden side rails, crates of produce, a flat paint choice and the previous mentioned hand-painted signage and logo.

Tiana's truck though, it's a choice but it feels anachronistic.

Last edited:

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
1712625985804.png

That banner was removed again. Source - can't say. The Mom would get mad.

MerlinTheGoat

That looks era accurate. Tiana's looks far too modern in it's execution. A better choice would have been a franken-Studebaker pickup with wooden side rails, crates of produce, a flat paint choice and the previous mentioned hand-painted signage and logo.

Tiana's truck though, it's a choice but it feels anachronistic.
I still don't really agree. I posted a picture of a farm truck, which has the open back and wood railing. But there are also definitely delivery trucks from the 1920s that looked exceptionally close to this. Even the 1910s had some similar looking ones. This genuinely does not look out of place to me at all for a mid-late 1920s vehicle. I've got old family pictures from this era with trucks quite like this one and have seen some in person in museums. I really don't have any problem with it.
🤷‍♂️

1712625764773.jpeg

1712625774230.jpeg

mickEblu

View attachment 777991

View attachment 777991
[/QUOTE]

Looks so much better without it. Hopefully they address the the other barn next. It’s interesting if they really had to see it up to take it down. We all knew it was garbage when we first saw it on the model way back when.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
View attachment 777991

Looks so much better without it. Hopefully they address the the other barn next. It’s interesting if they really had to see it up to take it down. We all knew it was garbage when we first saw it on the model way back when.

Now if they can address the Veggie, Veggie, Fruit, Fence, The signage, barn mural placement, etc...

SuddenStorm

When they plastered this logo all over the construction walls I assumed it was a temporary placeholder in a misguided attempt to market the attraction.

1712626499144.png

But I appear to have been wrong, and it's a permanent part of the attraction. But it looks woefully out of place. It looks like cheap digital art. It should look hand drawn at minimum, due to the period the attraction takes place. I guess to me it doesn't look like a 1920s logo- it looks like a logo in the style of a 1920s logo.

MerlinTheGoat

The truck itself doesn't bother me, only the logos and script.

But the logos aren't anything new, so it's not like it's a surprise.
I agree with the logos looking bad. They actually had a somewhat more attractive looking one at one point too, which was seen on the water tower on the old 3D render for WDW's version of the ride (they ended up using the one on the DL model instead)-

1712626870224.png

Bit of a different and more elaborate design on the tiara as well.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
I agree with the logos looking bad. They actually had a somewhat more attractive looking one at one point too, which was seen on the water tower on the old 3D render for WDW's version of the ride (they ended up using the one on the DL model instead)-

View attachment 778009

Bit of a different and more elaborate design on the tiara as well.
I also like the motto better on this one.

dmc493

For anyone curious, that truck is definitely a Ford Model A Panel truck, and could be anywhere between a 1928-1931 model. It could be another body style variant that has the side spare wheel from anywhere in the market and modified/extended it to give it a delivery truck look, because those Panel trucks are very hard to find. Also based on how she's steering with people pushing the car, my hunch is there's no actual engine in the car (maybe this is obvious) but at least the steering mechanism is still in place. and that horn is SPOT ON, that aooogah sound is as iconic as these cars! Maybe this forum doesn't care that much, but a very cool surprise for me as I grew up working on a 1929 Ford Model A with my dad and granddad. It's a shame they painted over the Ford logo but ugh this car is beautiful. No comment on the graphics...

Very interested to see if they have one for Disneyland too, and if they were able to source two identical or close to identical frames to match!

SuddenStorm

For anyone curious, that truck is definitely a Ford Model A Panel truck, and could be anywhere between a 1928-1931 model. It could be another body style variant that has the side spare wheel from anywhere in the market and modified/extended it to give it a delivery truck look, because those Panel trucks are very hard to find. Also based on how she's steering with people pushing the car, my hunch is there's no actual engine in the car (maybe this is obvious) but at least the steering mechanism is still in place. and that horn is SPOT ON, that aooogah sound is as iconic as these cars! Maybe this forum doesn't care that much, but a very cool surprise for me as I grew up working on a 1929 Ford Model A with my dad and granddad. It's a shame they painted over the Ford logo but ugh this car is beautiful. No comment on the graphics...

Very interested to see if they have one for Disneyland too, and if they were able to source two identical or close to identical frames to match!

Out of curiosity, do vintage car enthusiasts shudder at stuff like this? Having antiques repainted and displayed in an amusement park instead of professionally restored and preserved in a museum?

This is the sort of thing where it might be better to custom fabricate the vehicle if only to preserve history.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom