News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

yensidtlaw1969

I agree, but I also don't think they would use that as a primary reason to exclude him from TBA.

I could be wrong, but that would've required a huge amount of planning for a project that may or may not happen and would likely only include him as a peripheral, not a primary focus.

If we were talking about Maleficent or Chernabog, sure, I'd agree, because if we get a villain land, I would expect them to be primary focuses, but as you listed, he's one of many great Villains that would fit.
Not really - you'd just need one person with influence to say "Something else with him is in the planning stages for MK, let's try not to use him here". Worst thing that would happen would be the ride creating a new story and Villains Land not happening, which wouldn't be damning in either case - in effect that's where we are presently. Though that may change if Villains Land gets announced, which still seems very possible.

If the Little Mermaid ride were being planned at WDI alongside pitches for Villains Land, instead of 15 years ago, it would have made sense for them to reconsider the way that ride features Ursula. Especially if anything like that long-rumored Ursula Spinner was on the menu.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
I feel as though the people, regardless of whether or not I agree with their takes, should be allowed to take note and criticism of the various aspects of the attraction as they come out.
Just a reminder, there's another thread for discussion, this is for details and construction progress... I come to this thread for construction updates and news. Needless to say, that isn't what I see.
It is not to discuss the merits of the retheme of Splash Mountain, please continue to use the original thread at https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...s-and-the-frog-tianas-bayou-adventure.965899/
Any posters who strays off topic will have their post removed and may be banned from future participation.
Rather than going in and deleting multiple posts, I'm just going to remind you that the thread is supposed to be about construction updates. Not what should or not have been, not speculation about what will or will not be in the completed attraction.

Which also goes for discussion about whether or not the attraction should be what it will be, or whether or not people will like it - or hate it. A poll at this time is just pure speculation that will continue to regurgitate the same arguments. When it opens, there will be more realistic discussions.

For now, most posters just want updates and photos of the construction. And maybe info about the interior and actual attraction once that is available. Not constant speculation.
Posts should always be constructive and on topic. If you disagree with a post and feel the need to reply as such, it’s important that you explain why. Off topic posts may be moved or deleted as required.

If a moderator or staff member makes a directive in a thread (for example, to stop with a particular topic), you must adhere to these directives. If you discover a directive only after you’ve posted a message that contravenes it, delete your post or it will be taken to be ignoring moderators.
Just a reminder from the first page, per wdwmagic:

This thread will serve to update on construction progress, new storyline details, and other details specific to Tiana's Bayou Adventure.
Again, this is a thread about construction/info updates concerning Tiana's Bayou Adventure - not a rehash of Splash. Please stay on topic and move forward. Thank you.
It is time to stop rehashing all of the same discussions about Splash Mountain. It is gone, and a new attraction is taking its' place.
People have come here to learn about, and discuss construction, etc of Tiana's Bayou Adventure.
A reminder that this thread is about construction updates - not speculation or other discussion about the theme. Unless you have an update, or are responding to an update, please do not post here.
Moderators have made it clear time and time again that this thread is for construction updates and details. Come on, guys, I know I'm new-ish to the forums, compared to some of y'all, but this shouldn't be this difficult!

lentesta

Premium Member
That is probably too early. Show set installation is largely complete but there are still several weeks of AA adjustments to be made as ride testing continues. But, we are very close to getting a date.

I've heard rumors of a tentative media event around the second week of June, and that the attraction might be open prior to the event. That puts Memorial Day (May 27) within the realm of possibility.

discos

I've heard rumors of a tentative media event around the second week of June, and that the attraction might be open prior to the event. That puts Memorial Day (May 27) within the realm of possibility.
Do you think they'll skip over passholder previews and just go with CM previews?

When we say no Facilier in the attraction do we mean as a whole or just his actual body? Cause there are/were some pretty strong rumors that the old laughing place is something to do with shadows and evil bayou stuff. Pretty easy spot the add his shadow if they wanted to.

aladdin2007

for those interested just for fun there was an album some years back called cajun bayou. These are the types of tracks I would expect and hope to hear in a area loop or the ride float through compared to what was recently tested. If one can find a copy its interesting to hear.
1711548942245.png

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

for those interested just for fun there was an album some years back called cajun bayou. These are the types of tracks I would expect and hope to hear in a area loop or the ride float through compared to what was recently tested. If one can find a copy its interesting to hear.
View attachment 775111
I love stuff like this. It's probably why I love Runaway Railway's queue music so much, just a lot of nice music to listen to.

SailorMercury

When we say no Facilier in the attraction do we mean as a whole or just his actual body? Cause there are/were some pretty strong rumors that the old laughing place is something to do with shadows and evil bayou stuff. Pretty easy spot the add his shadow if they wanted to.
My best guess is that the old Laughin Place is the salt dome, given that I imagine it would be an easy turn over. Since all we know about it is that "magical bayou stuff" happens down there (or whatever was said in the interview with the tour of the old How Do You Do.

Since Tiana would hypothetically get her entire band from the bayou, maybe Facilier's spirit causes them to go off stream and down into the Laughin' Place, where crazy voodoo stuff happens.

FettFan

Did he die? Seriously....He did not technically die, he was dragged to the other side to pay his debt.....That does not mean for certain he is dead, but now trapped on the other side.....unless he figures out a way to cross back over through the spirit realm... So the story can continue.....if they want it to....

Aye. Wouldn’t be the first time that a character associated with voodoo/black magic came back from the dead.
johnny depp film GIF

Shoot, even getting shot in the heart isn’t a deterrent.
GIF by Giphy QA

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
I know people like to assume Facilier won't be included in Tiana's Bayou Adventure because they think Disney is trying to divest from the character, but I almost wonder if they maybe just have something in mind for him in Villains Land and didn't want another of their popular villains appearing elsewhere in The Magic Kingdom.

Total guess, but doesn't seem impossible. They already have Ursula, Gaston, Captain Hook, The Wicked Queen (in Hag form) somewhat prominently featured in other MK locations. I don't totally see that stopping Disney from letting those characters appear in a Villains Land, but maybe they don't want to spread them out any more than they already have.
I’ve thought about that but I doubt it. We should definitely expect to see repeating Villains in the land.

Drdcm

Moderators have made it clear time and time again that this thread is for construction updates and details. Come on, guys, I know I'm new-ish to the forums, compared to some of y'all, but this shouldn't be this difficult!
@The Mom @wdwmagic can you clarify what the purpose of this thread is? Specifically the “other details” so I’m on the same page. There seems to be an impression that criticism “I don’t like the mural and think it clashes with the surroundings” is not a valid discussion topic in this thread.

The reason I ask is that it has changed over the last year and threads have been closed and consolidated. What’s the most recent status?

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
I love stuff like this. It's probably why I love Runaway Railway's queue music so much, just a lot of nice music to listen to.
I have the source audio for all the Runaway Railway queue soundtracks on my 2nd channel on YouTube, @DrewtheDisneyDudeJr. I love listening to them.

In terms of Tiana, the main thing I am very curious about how they handle it is the original song by PJ Morton. I could see the song being revealed beforehand as a huge piece of promotion, but at the same time, it would also be incredible riding for the first time and also hearing it for the first time.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Does anyone care about “canon” when it comes to Disney rides? He could’ve came back through magic or something. Nobody would question it. Did you see a body at the end of the film?
Yes, we saw his body being dragged in what is basically hell. Now that's not say he couldn't come back through magic or something, who owns we'll see.

Attachments

• tumblr_onuouwdoP81s2wio8o1_500.gif
    tumblr_onuouwdoP81s2wio8o1_500.gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 19

Surferboy567

@The Mom @wdwmagic can you clarify what the purpose of this thread is? Specifically the “other details” so I’m on the same page. There seems to be an impression that criticism “I don’t like the mural and think it clashes with the surroundings” is not a valid discussion topic in this thread.

The reason I ask is that it has changed over the last year and threads have been closed and consolidated. What’s the most recent status?
If you want to have a thread discussing an upcoming attraction you invite all types of discussion including valid criticism. Obviously, there has been lots of invalid criticism on this thread and I’m not discounting that but valid criticism should be allowed. That’s just my take though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom