News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MerlinTheGoat

Was that ever confirmed? There was talk he may have been added in.
My guess is that it was just blind hope built on top of the claims about Iger taking a tour and demanding revisions (which again seems to have been BS). People also latched onto the news of Keith David's appearance at a PATF related event the other day, thinking they would also be announcing his inclusion in the ride at said event. In actuality, it was just him doing a performance of Friends on the Other Side. Jim Cummings also made an appearance at the same event to do some singing as Ray. I doubt Facilier will be in the final product unfortunately.

headintheclouds

Well, it takes place after the movie and uhh, you know, he died at the end of the movie lol.
I realize that, but I was hearing his shadow may appear briefly. Which along with singing animals wouldn’t have been out of the realm of possibility. 😂 All of it is hearsay, my question was asked because I didn’t know if I missed anything based off of your post.

headintheclouds

My guess is that it was just blind hope built on top of the claims about Iger taking a tour and demanding revisions (which again seems to have been BS). People also latched onto the news of Keith David's appearance at a PATF related event the other day, thinking they would also be announcing his inclusion in the ride at said event. In actuality, it was just him doing a performance of Friends on the Other Side. Jim Cummings also made an appearance at the same event to do some singing as Ray. I doubt Facilier will be in the final product unfortunately.
Gotcha. That would’ve been great for both of them to appear. Even though Ray is gone like a nod to him somehow in the ride would’ve been awesome.

Bocabear

Well, it takes place after the movie and uhh, you know, he died at the end of the movie lol.
Did he die? Seriously....He did not technically die, he was dragged to the other side to pay his debt.....That does not mean for certain he is dead, but now trapped on the other side.....unless he figures out a way to cross back over through the spirit realm... So the story can continue.....if they want it to....

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Did he die? Seriously....He did not technically die, he was dragged to the other side to pay his debt.....That does not mean for certain he is dead, but now trapped on the other side.....unless he figures out a way to cross back over through the spirit realm... So the story can continue.....if they want it to....
I mean, I hope so. I would love to him in the attraction.

MerlinTheGoat

Or instead, we could have been transported to where he is (and justified a cameo from Ray as well). There were plenty of ways to include him while also making the ride post-film.

yensidtlaw1969

I know people like to assume Facilier won't be included in Tiana's Bayou Adventure because they think Disney is trying to divest from the character, but I almost wonder if they maybe just have something in mind for him in Villains Land and didn't want another of their popular villains appearing elsewhere in The Magic Kingdom.

Total guess, but doesn't seem impossible. They already have Ursula, Gaston, Captain Hook, The Wicked Queen (in Hag form) somewhat prominently featured in other MK locations. I don't totally see that stopping Disney from letting those characters appear in a Villains Land, but maybe they don't want to spread them out any more than they already have.

SplashJacket

I know people like to assume Facilier won't be included in Tiana's Bayou Adventure because they think Disney is trying to divest from the character, but I almost wonder if they maybe just have something in mind for him in Villains Land and didn't want another of their popular villains appearing elsewhere in The Magic Kingdom.

Total guess, but doesn't seem impossible. They already have Ursula, Gaston, Captain Hook, The Wicked Queen (in Hag form) somewhat prominently featured in other MK locations. I don't totally see that stopping Disney from letting those characters appear in a Villains Land, but maybe they don't want to spread them out any more than they already have.
I doubt that.

A villains land should probably feature Chernabog and Maleficent prominently and maybe even Nightmare Before Christmas. I don’t see much value in holding out characters.

yensidtlaw1969

I doubt that.

A villains land should probably feature Chernabog and Maleficent prominently and maybe even Nightmare Before Christmas. I don’t see much value in holding out characters.
I'm sure it would feature those, but they've got a big long list of baddies. I'd think a big Villains Land expansion wouldn't focus on just a few, it would be the place you could reasonably expect to find many of them - at least the ones of a certain ilk.

I don't think Hans would set up shop in Villains Land, for example, or Dawn Bellweather or Alma Madrigal, but the older-school, conniving, mustache twirling, good-to-be-bad ones probably would. The ones who could be found lurking in the shadows up to no good, stealing away to a secret meeting in a spooky tavern or hiding in a secret lair in Bald Mountain.

Dr. Facilier falls more into that sort of category with Maleficent, Captain Hook, Jafar, Cruella, The Wicked Queen, Hades, The Queen of Hearts, and Chernabog than he falls in line with, like, the contemporary twist-villains Disney's been doing lately. Those don't seem wicked enough to fit the bill. I would think Villains Land would play host to a smattering of those evil guys in one way or another, not just be home to a small handful.

SplashJacket

I'm sure it would feature those, but they've got a big long list of baddies. I'd think a big Villains Land expansion wouldn't focus on just a few, it would be the place you could reasonably expect to find many of them - at least the ones of a certain ilk.

I don't think Hans would set up shop in Villains Land, for example, or Dawn Bellweather or Alma Madrigal, but the older-school, conniving, mustache twirling, good-to-be-bad ones probably would. The ones who could be found lurking in the shadows up to no good, stealing away to a secret meeting in a spooky tavern or hiding in a secret lair in Bald Mountain.

Dr. Facilier falls more into that sort of category with Maleficent, Captain Hook, Jafar, Cruella, The Wicked Queen, Hades, The Queen of Hearts, and Chernabog than he falls in line with, like, the contemporary twist-villains Disney's been doing lately. Those don't seem wicked enough to fit the bill. I would think Villains Land would play host to a smattering of those evil guys in one way or another, not just be home to a small handful.
I agree, but I also don't think they would use that as a primary reason to exclude him from TBA.

I could be wrong, but that would've required a huge amount of planning for a project that may or may not happen and would likely only include him as a peripheral, not a primary focus.

If we were talking about Maleficent or Chernabog, sure, I'd agree, because if we get a villain land, I would expect them to be primary focuses, but as you listed, he's one of many great Villains that would fit.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Screenshot_20240326_225500_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20240326_225600_Video Player.jpg

This is the biggest tease but I love the attention to detail already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom