News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Vegas Disney Fan

Hadn’t noticed it until this picture but it looks like they‘ve only touched half the mountain, half is green and covered in flowers, the other half still looks like red clay from Splash Mtn… have they just not started on the other half yet or is this going to be the finished product?

IMG_0352.jpeg

neo999955

In the Parks
No
Hadn’t noticed it until this picture but it looks like they‘ve only touched half the mountain, half is green and covered in flowers, the other half still looks like red clay from Splash Mtn… have they just not started on the other half yet or is this going to be the finished product?
I was looking at this too - to me the current version in the park is a lot greener than the model - but I think that's just a difference in perspective and how things look with full complexity. Anyway, based on the model/render, I would expect them to soon start work on the left side - but it seems that side will have a bit less greenery overall, but should still match the rest of the dome.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
looks like a nice place to explore

so I guess it's safe to assume Tiana's employee-owned restaurant is in Avery Island (next to the Louisiana Frontierland Bayou)
The geography of an animated film in which people can be turned into frogs and a talking crocodilian plays the trumpet does not have to have the same geography of our dimension. In that fantasy realm, an Avery-Island-like salt dome could be pretty close to NOLA.

The point is that salt domes can stick up out of the surrounding land/swamp, and the top of it can be covered in land that is fertile.

Brer Oswald

This. Though I wondered if that was a sarcastic comment.
You would think, but the Wikipedia article gives a number of 65, and it cites two press preview articles, one given by CNN. The number was more than likely given to them by someone at Disney who gave them the in person preview back in 2019.

Brer Oswald

I don’t understand what you mean. This photo is pretty informative, and most people here liked what they saw:

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_54428.jpg

Because of the amount of tangential discussion it’s generated. Much of it has nothing to do with the painting itself or any sort of construction update; people are rehashing old discontents that were aired ad infinitum months ago.
See, the interior shots didn’t do much for me on either side of the argument. The only thing they did was confirm my suspicion that much of the existing sets and rock work would just be repainted and covered with foliage, rather than be completely removed.

SilentWindODoom

I hate that this also not only damages themed entertainment standards of Disney attractions, but that also damages the character of Tiana. A loss and damage all around. She worked for her dreams, did not presume they were everyone else's.

This narrative screams she is going to make working conditions more vibrant.

This is all so ironic and nasty and is the duck it has looked and walked like since the start.

What on earth are you talking about?

UNCgolf

True but not every AA needs to be an A-1000. A physical set piece is far superior to a screen, even with limited motion.

I'd say this is true most of the time, but not 100% of the time. Some of the screens on NRJ, as just one example, add things to the ride that couldn't be accomplished with a physical set piece/AA.

Screens/projections have their place too. It's just usually bad when they're used as a full replacement for any kind of physical set pieces (there are numerous examples of this).

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

To all the “the coop is just a backstory” folks, why are you ignoring what Disney’s published regarding the storyline for the ride? The on-ride continuation of the mural corroborates this is what we’re largely going to get:

View attachment 762030
Wow, this backstory sounds really............... fun?

Well it is edutaining, very business orientated, I am (glad?) Disney clarified the backstory for us.

discos

Pooh's Hunny Hunt also does a decent job of avoiding the warehouse feeling too IMO. They do a good job of placing scenery or props interspersed between the vehicles so that not everything feels shoved against the walls. And they also filled out the ceiling nicely with tree foliage in that first room (much like Splash Mountain did).

Symbolica over at Efteling is another trackless one that deserves mention but few people are aware of.

Though I do think the trackless ride system is starting to become overused. Especially when given to creative teams who seemingly don't have a good grasp of space management.
I was very VERY impressed with Symbolica at Efteling after having only experienced the trackless dark rides at the Disney Parks prior. I didn't realize a trackless dark ride could be so immersive. Every time you looked up, there was a physical ceiling extending the theme of the room. Plus it only cost them 35 million Euros to build. Converted to US currency that's about 51 million. Disney would never be able to build a dark ride from the ground up for only $51 million

celluloid

The geography of an animated film in which people can be turned into frogs and a talking crocodilian plays the trumpet does not have to have the same geography of our dimension. In that fantasy realm, an Avery-Island-like salt dome could be pretty close to NOLA.

The point is that salt domes can stick up out of the surrounding land/swamp, and the top of it can be covered in land that is fertile.

If you have to use this excuse, while also claiming in multiple photo posts of locations where the landforms could have the landscape, and all combining to somehow say it does not even matter, although money was spent on research trips for accurate research and representation of humans and nature. You protest too much and lost your goals with the construction progress comparisons.

Bocabear

oh dear...the new storyline... Checked Boxes Indeed! I will say the exterior of the mountain/Salt Dome looks great with the added greenery, and yes, finally looking a little more appropriate for the story setting... They seem to not be concerned with the other factors of the setting like the time period. and seriously the new Gumbo Mural looks like they are telling us we are being taken to the kitchens where we will all end up getting chopped into pieces and thrown in a pot... lol
Maybe at some point the choice of mural art will start to make sense...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom