News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Suspirian

my question is why draw the riders eye to a fence? is it to stop us looking at the logs coming down the drop? seems like an odd thing to focus on. the style again seems out of place with the style of art in the world of the film. it is incongruent with the graphic art that appears in the film.

as an attempt a a better mural i prompted Bing's AI to make one.
Looks awful 🩷

mitchk

Just now ..
image000000.jpeg
image000001.jpeg
image000003.jpeg
image000000.jpeg
image000001.jpeg
image000001.jpeg
image000000.jpeg

Attachments

• image000002.jpeg
    image000002.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 41
  • image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:

Roger_the_pianist

This must be just some random frogs, which makes sense; not specifically Tiana and the Prince. I would imagine you'll see a lot of filler frogs on this ride.

Maybe they are wearing clothes? Looks like that to me. I was wondering if animals would wear clothing on this ride or not, since they dont wear clothes in the movie but the Splash animatronics wore clothing.

Also seems animals will be size relevant to one another is this world, whereas I felt like some animals were mismatched in their sizes on Splash (like the giant dancing chickens and geese)

At very first I thought these were on a ride vehicle, as if the brer rabbit carvings would be replaced by various frogs. I've been wondering if they'll just knock off the rabbit heads. Can't remember if both U.S. versions have the rabbit carvings.

MerlinTheGoat

Not sure if any of the critters in the ride will have clothes. One of the pieces of inspirational art they commissioned from Sharika Mahdi included clothed animal figures with distinctly Splash Mountain-y looking designs. Though I don't know if they're going to use these designs in the ride. The smaller critter band seen in one of the ride's pieces of art didn't have clothes. Just instruments. The larger critter figures (cats, bears, wolves etc) seen in another piece of art were silhouetted in shadow far into the background, can't tell if they have clothes.

1704776195842.png

The frogs out front aren't wearing clothes though, I believe they simply aren't fully painted yet. That looks like blue painters tape or something of the sort. They were present in both the Disneyland model and WDW render, though the design and pose they went with is more like the DL model-

1704775643096.png

1704775687434.png

All versions of Splash had the rabbit carvings. No idea if they'll use a new carving or just leave it empty. One would hope they add new carvings though.

Homemade Imagineering

Not sure if any of the critters in the ride will have clothes. One of the pieces of inspirational art they commissioned from Sharika Mahdi included clothed animal figures with distinctly Splash Mountain-y looking designs. Though I don't know if they're going to use these designs in the ride. The smaller critter band seen in one of the ride's pieces of art didn't have clothes. Just instruments. The larger critter figures (cats, bears, wolves etc) seen in another piece of art were silhouetted in shadow far into the background, can't tell if they have clothes.
Another thing I’d like to point out is the fact this concept piece is likely for what will be the finale of the attraction, considering Tiana’s Palace is present. It gives me hope seeing other animal figures present within this piece, I sure hope that means some of it will translate to the final product

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom