News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

zipadee999

I'm also wondering if there will be any sort of Splash "handoff" like Mr. Toad giving the deed of the property to Owl in Winnie the Pooh. For example, Brer Rabbit could be at the start of the ride waving goodbye. But I doubt it.
I do remember it being said that they plan on making a few subtle nods to splash here and there. I could see them picking a few choice props to leave here and there. They could take the How to Catch a Rabbit book from the dollar a minute scene and put it on a shelf in the queue inside one of the offices or something. Although where this one hurts and I think Disney knows that, it would be nice to see more of a curated tribute that passes the torch between old and new

Brer Oswald

JohnD

Stupid name aside, I have to admit that it’s a really charming sign that keeps the spirit of Splash’s unique style. If all the signage, details, and theming were this charming, I would have way less of an issue with this retheme.
"Co-op" notwithstanding, many or most guests will probably refer to the shop as the "Critter Coop" similar to "Chicken Coop". I think Disney knows this and its an obvious play off words with a barely noticable dash made up of vines. Because what else would Tiana and her friends have but a "co-op", given the storyline?

aladdin2007

"Co-op" notwithstanding, many or most guests will probably refer to the shop as the "Critter Coop" similar to "Chicken Coop". I think Disney knows this and its an obvious play off words with a barely noticable dash made up of vines. Because what else would Tiana and her friends have but a "co-op", given the storyline?
Critter Poop? ohhh Critter Coop! ....:)

erstwo

Disney has announced 2 new retail locations at Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Critter Co-Op and Tiana's Bayou General.

View attachment 778848View attachment 778849View attachment 778850View attachment 778851View attachment 778852
That's a lot of references to dancing and making music on that window sign of the Critter Co-op. I find that intriguing. Granted - I haven't read all 520 pages of this thread, so maybe it's not a surprise to those in the know and maybe it has nothing to do with the ride update at all.

I guess it's possible the entire sign board is a tribute to Randy Newman (aka "Cousin Randy")

Surferboy567

When I first saw the story on Twitter I was tired and wasn’t really paying attention. That is exactly what I read before realizing it said “co-op”.

Disstevefan1

OK that's funny Remove the dash and you got coop:
1712930296185.png

1712930253989.png

Epcot82Guy

I finally got to pop over and see everything in person (daytime). I have to say it's not gelling for me. It does feel a bit chaotic and mishmashed. It does really stand out in Frontierland already (not in a good way and more than Splash admittedly did as well). And, the signage for the ride is a big problem. But, there is no doubt they are spending money on this, so it will at least be an attempt at a quality attraction vs. budget cut. And, I see how people enjoy the approach and the changes/additions they have made.

My concerns are more in the design story and execution - not for lack of trying or budget. (And, that's a good thing with modern WDI and management.) It just feels like too many things trying to happen at once, even on the exterior. That gives me less and less personal interest as the days go on (and wish more and more this had been a standalone build with Tiana's Place as a new "Blue Bayou" for WDW).

I will say, I like the signage and idea for the two new shops. These seem like good designs. And, the animatronics look very well done.

We'll see the finished product, but I'm banking on a one and done for me vs. the former must ride every trip for me personally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom