News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

In the Parks
No
I feel like we've been saying "any day now" for weeks if not months lol.
Security!.jpg

Ice Gator

A good look at the Bayou mist:

I've got a bit of a theory as to what the mist will be used for. I've heard/read a few rumors here and there over the past few months,
I think the final portion of the ride will be used in-story to "transform" riders into frogs. You could have the "spell" happen during the plunge into the former laughing place scene, and retheme that cavernous area to be giant sized- putting us in the perspective of the other critters. We need Mama Odi's help to fix it, hence we pass her animatronic on the lift hill and she casts the spell (the mist) just as we plunge into the Bayou. Again, it's just a theory but without Facilier in this attraction, I've got a feeling they will be utilzing a different form of "suspense" within the story.

SilentWindODoom

I just thought of something. If the entire plot of the attraction is that we're gathering animal musicians for Mardi Gras, no conflict whatsoever, why exactly are we going to Mama Odie's house?

"No conflict whatsoever"? You've clearly never needed to overcome a last minute cancellation.

In all seriousness, though, I believe someone brought up (perhaps it was when her animatronic's lines about the party were heard for the first time) the idea of her getting us all back to the party. That would make sense given everything we've seen.

- The last of the band is brought together, but now we're in the deepest, darkest part of the bayou far from civilization.
- We pop in on nearby Mama Odie for help getting there.
- She says she can do it with magic as we climb towards a swirling vortex.
- We travel through and come out rushing towards said bayou and land with a splash.
- The new banner shows we've gotten to the right place, back to where the party is happening, hence it being similar to the banner outside the gates (that we pass under after the millhouse) of the property.

LittleBuford

Hmmm, "far from it" is a stretch. We' re pretty much only missing whatever happens in the Laughin Place scenes.
I have been following the thread closely and honestly can’t reconstruct the plot from the few details we currently have. Yes, we know the basic premise, but how we get to the concluding party and what happens along the way are a mystery to me—and really to all of us. It’s telling that the plot details that have been divulged so far would give us no reason to expect Mama Odie’s magical intervention, yet we know she’s going to loom large at the top of the lift. There may, then, be other significant narrative elements that we have yet to discover.

mickEblu

I have been following the thread closely and honestly can’t reconstruct the plot from the few details we currently have. Yes, we know the basic premise, but how we get to the concluding party and what happens along the way are a mystery to me—and really to all of us. It’s telling that the plot details that have been divulged so far would give us no reason to expect Mama Odie’s magical intervention, yet we know she’s going to loom large at the top of the lift. There may, then, be other significant narrative elements that we have yet to discover.

I don't necessarily disagree. I just think the majority of what we don't know will take place from the Brer Bear butt drop to Mama Odie. I think up until that point it'll be mellow outdoor scenes, bayou placemaking/ intro to characters and musical critter hunting. I do hope they do something to change the tone from the second drop through final lift hill. Then the finale is pretty obvious.

ToTBellHop

Who’s hoping for plot complexity? I’m certainly not.
My mistake, then. I feel like we spend a lot of time discussing all of the plot points that will supposedly make the ride path make sense. The plot will be the biggest (and fairest) criticism of TBA. It will feel forced into an existing ride system because it was.

At least it will be a feast for the eyes, ears, and nose.

monothingie

I'm both Crunchy and Delicious!
Premium Member
Some of us are hoping for a plot complexity that simply will not be there. The plot was designed to be simple and easily understood by 5-year olds.
It's a gripping 11.5 minute autobiographical drama about Tianna's rise through the corrupt 1920's New Orleans Food Co-op racket. Fighting off competitors, the mob, and native wild-life. It is an action packed thriller/love story/comedy, full of cute but deadly anthropomorphic bayou creatures who play jazz instruments. It is set on a mountain in the swamp which is below sea-level on a salt dome. Get ready for explosive family friendly action coming at some point in Summer 2024, likely after June 19th but before August 9th.

Rated TV-MA for gratuitous mist effects.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

My mistake, then. I feel like we spend a lot of time discussing all of the plot points that will supposedly make the ride path make sense. The plot will be the biggest (and fairest) criticism of TBA. It will feel forced into an existing ride system because it was.

I’m reasonably confident we the riders will encounter or undergo some sort of “issue” requiring Mama Odie’s intervention. Others have speculated the same thing. It doesn’t have to be complex, and I don’t think anyone is asking for it to be.

pigglewiggle

I can't ask for much more than that. Best thing about this ride (former/future) is the length. So if I can see beautiful things, hear good music and just enjoy the ride, that's a win in my book. And probably a lot of others.

Context, we love Navi River Journey, but it's too short.

ToTBellHop

I can't ask for much more than that. Best thing about this ride (former/future) is the length. So if I can see beautiful things, hear good music and just enjoy the ride, that's a win in my book. And probably a lot of others.

Context, we love Navi River Journey, but it's too short.
I think I would have preferred a more nuanced plot but I also think what we are getting is the best this crop of Imagineers can pull off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom