This year's Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade will be based around 'Frozen'

prberk

Ok I'll pipe in. The parade was TERRIBLE!!! that's all.

What parade? You mean you were at the park on Christmas Day and the parade was terrible? That's sad, and it must be true, because they didn't even bother to broadcast the parade on television this year.

They did a regular old Christmas special, called "The 2014 Disney Parks Frozen Christmas Celebration," with birthday-party acts singing songs from Frozen from the US Disney parks, and from one of their resorts that doesn't have a park (Aulani). They never mentioned their other non-park resorts (Hilton Head and Vero Beach), by the way. Maybe they were not as "Frozen" as Hawaii.

So, I amend my previous post, to say that the title should have been, "The 2014 Disney Parks and Aulani 'Frozen' Christmas Info-mercial."

NearTheEars

Train was at one time an a list musical act, unfortunately it is no longer this just shows the utter contempt TWDC has for its customers as they outsourced the production and did Frozen songs BADLY by a bunch of musical has-been artists who are on the state fair circuit.

No insult intended to fans of those artists but they are no longer popular even if they have multiple Grammy on the mantelpiece

Can't really comment on the rest, but Ariana Grande is one of the biggest names in the biz right now. So TWDC did get her.

How she was used and the songs everyone else sang I cannot defend. The show was bad bad bad.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Can't really comment on the rest, but Ariana Grande is one of the biggest names in the biz right now. So TWDC did get her.

How she was used and the songs everyone else sang I cannot defend. The show was bad bad bad.

Arianna was the bait in TWDC's latest bait-n-switch, With her name on the marquee one would expect the rest of the musical acts to be on par. As @prberk noted the remainder were 'birthday party acts'.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Im still trying to figure out what Tebow was doing there? Did they blow the budget on Robyn and he was the only person they could afford? And I know that some people really liked the "reunited" segments but if you break em down, they were a joke. Just marketing to different demographics, and not even clever. The old ways of simply showing the rides and parks were much more effective. It reminded me of these car commercials you see nowadays where they don't even show the car, just techno music and laser lines zooming down the highway or a hot chick sitting in the passenger seat and then they flash the logo at the end. Who comes up with this mess and better yet, who approves it?

NMBC1993

a bunch of musical has-been artists who are on the state fair circuit.

Ah, that does explain why I was scratching my head trying to figure out who those people were. Granted I couldn't tell you who the ACTUAL popular performers these days are either (I've owned my car for eight years and have never turned on the radio). Is Lady Gaga still on that list or has she become irreverent too?

As far as the "parade" goes, I didn't want to talk about it but after seeing all these posts, I think I'll share my thoughts as well. Over the last several Christmas's I've thought to myself "Wow, there sure isn't much parade anymore", but looking back those specials had a TON more parade footage compared to this year. During one of the musical acts (the one in front of Cinderella's Castle) I was literally yelling at the screen, telling the camera man to "Turn Around! The important stuff is happening behind you!" as I could see the parade making it's way down Main St in the background of certain shots. After that, I turned my TV to mute and walked away. For the next hour, every time I would make an effort to check back on the parade, there would be a different musical act doing ANOTHER performance. Even when they checked in on Aulani I thought "Ok, I'll take marketing at this point as long as it doesn't involve musical acts". Well, you can imagine my dumbfounded expression as they cut to some performer literally 10 seconds after presenting the new Hawaiian resort. Immediately after that, I turned my TV off (and changed the channel just to make sure ABC doesn't count my transmission as a "view").

I agree with @wdisney9000 in wondering why Tebow was there? To be fair my knowledge of sports is about the same as my knowledge of popular music, maybe the Gators were going to the playoffs or something? I did notice they brought up several college "bowls" whenever he was on-screen, maybe ABC is trying to pimp out more views this New Years or something? Whatever the case may be, Tebow was a very annoying host and I hope in the future he sticks to performing on the football field.

lebeau

Im still trying to figure out what Tebow was doing there? Did they blow the budget on Robyn and he was the only person they could afford? And I know that some people really liked the "reunited" segments but if you break em down, they were a joke. Just marketing to different demographics, and not even clever. The old ways of simply showing the rides and parks were much more effective. It reminded me of these car commercials you see nowadays where they don't even show the car, just techno music and laser lines zooming down the highway or a hot chick sitting in the passenger seat and then they flash the logo at the end. Who comes up with this mess and better yet, who approves it?

My first reaction? Hey.... this is pretty good. Shots of the parks! We never see so much of the parks this early in the show. And no Nick Cannon?!? Total win.

Things went downhill from there. The minute Tebow showed up, the show took a nosedive. His awkward ramblings made me nostalgic for Cannon's overly enthusiastic lame jokes. Oh well, I thought. I can survive one Tebow segment. Surely he won't be back! Oh how wrong I was! This was practically the Tim Tebow Christmas Spectacular. Who thought that was a good idea? He is terrible on camera. I'm not a sports fan. I don't care if he's a mediocre QB. He's a terrible on-air personality. He makes Nick Cannon look charismatic and that is saying something.

I could have handled one reunited segment. 3 was way too many.

The parade is a bad infomercial every year. Most years, I hop through the whole show in 45 minutes. This year, I think I shaved it down to 30. I can't remember when Disney's promotion for the parks has ever shown less of the parks.

midwest_mice

My first reaction? Hey.... this is pretty good. Shots of the parks! We never see so much of the parks this early in the show. And no Nick Cannon?!? Total win.

Things went downhill from there. The minute Tebow showed up, the show took a nosedive. His awkward ramblings made me nostalgic for Cannon's overly enthusiastic lame jokes. Oh well, I thought. I can survive one Tebow segment. Surely he won't be back! Oh how wrong I was! This was practically the Tim Tebow Christmas Spectacular. Who thought that was a good idea? He is terrible on camera. I'm not a sports fan. I don't care if he's a mediocre QB. He's a terrible on-air personality. He makes Nick Cannon look charismatic and that is saying something.

I could have handled one reunited segment. 3 was way too many.

The parade is a bad infomercial every year. Most years, I hop through the whole show in 45 minutes. This year, I think I shaved it down to 30. I can't remember when Disney's promotion for the parks has ever shown less of the parks.
Yeah, Tim isn't very good reading a teleprompter. The only positive I saw him do was talk about the Bowl matchups that will be broadcast on ABC/ESPN.
My guess he was there as he is a rookie ESPN hire and was cheap. I don't think you'll see him star in much more than college football pre-game broadcasts. Nothing against Tim as a person, but television work other than sports isn't in his future.

lebeau

Yeah, Tim isn't very good reading a teleprompter. The only positive I saw him do was talk about the Bowl matchups that will be broadcast on ABC/ESPN.
My guess he was there as he is a rookie ESPN hire and was cheap. I don't think you'll see him star in much more than college football pre-game broadcasts. Nothing against Tim as a person, but television work other than sports isn't in his future.

I assumed (incorrectly) that he was just talking about the bowl games. I expect that kind of cross-promotion from this show, so I was fine with that. When he showed up a second time... and a third... and he started getting into parade floats... I wanted to scream.

Brian

I just found it comical that the only substantial bit of broadcasting of the parade was when Robin and Tim Tebow were talking about bowl games as the floats rolled on by in the background at pouring rain speed.

epcot2004

Won't watch next year if they don't go back to the way they used to show the parade. What an abomination that was! Disney does many things very well, the Frozen Celebration Christmas special was not one of them.

Victor Kelly

To put is bluntly, the Christmas parade sucked. My wife and I were looking at each other and saying where is the parade at? I am suprised they did not throw all the over seas parks into the fray.

I will say that the girl that sang "Let it go" was the best part of the whole show.

Otherwise, I will stay away from this parade showing like it is Ebola next year.

NearTheEars

Yeah Tebow was only there because he, like Roberts, is a TWDC employee. I think he does segments for GMA also aside from his regular gig on ESPN/SEC network.

He should be the backup on an NFL team, not the host of parade ..errrr celebration?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Yeah Tebow was only there because he, like Roberts, is a TWDC employee. I think he does segments for GMA also aside from his regular gig on ESPN/SEC network.

He should be the backup on an NFL team, not the host of parade ..errrr celebration?
His acting/hosting skills were hard to watch. Nothing against the man, and your right, he should be playing football.

NearTheEars

His acting/hosting skills were hard to watch. Nothing against the man, and your right, he should be playing football.

He talks like he's out of breath. All they way back to his famous "I'll work harder than anyone" speech back at Florida. It's always been annoying.

He's a great person, though.

RSoxNo1

Yeah, Tim isn't very good reading a defense. The only positive I saw him do was talk about the Bowl matchups that will be broadcast on ABC/ESPN.
Fixed that for you.

mousehockey37

To put is bluntly, the Christmas parade sucked. My wife and I were looking at each other and saying where is the parade at? I am suprised they did not throw all the over seas parks into the fray.

I will say that the girl that sang "Let it go" was the best part of the whole show.

Otherwise, I will stay away from this parade showing like it is Ebola next year.

I agree, the parade sucked. Normally, in ANY Christmas parade, Santa is LAST!!!! Not so for the Disney show. They had him on within the first 10 minutes I think. They showed the toy soldiers, reindeer and Santa... right away. I was pretty much done after that, but I left the remaining Disney infomercial on.

PhilharMagician

The Christmas day Parade is on TV December 25th. o_O

Filming typically starts the week following Thanksgiving on Friday & Saturday with Sunday as a rain day. December 4th and 5th possible 6th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom