This year's Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade will be based around 'Frozen'

TomP

So I wonder if the parade itself will be more Frozen themed or just the tv presentation of it?

drew81

Just heard Fantasmic is being changed to Frozentasmic. The water lagoon will be changed to ice. Elsa will appear and fight off the several Arendelle villains including the Duke of Weasletown before he transforms into the Dragon of Weasletown. At the finale, Anna will be driving Kristoff's sleigh with all the characters following closely behind. Elsa will then appear at the top of the mountain in her ice dress and then magically appear on the bottom of the stage in her "coronation" dress before uttering that classic phrase: "Some, magical ice powers, huh? Uh huh."

See it in your mind and you will find that you'll love Frozen
Mysteries and magic, ice castles fantastic.............

Siren

Not to mention, the Frozen Ice Palaces are opening up at malls all over the country and they are drawing in huge crowds. So, Santa better watch his back, lol. Just kidding, I think this can actually help Santa.
i5ddsm.jpg

2jbrzm0.jpg

53wao1.jpg
As for the Frozen parade, it will be nice to see something different and I don't expect it to become a permanent fixture at the parade. However, if this turns out to be a success -- I would like to see the trend continue with other IP's -- like each year the parade can based around a different Disney IP.

Last edited:

Kman101

I'm not shocked kids love the movie. The writing for the movie has to be some of the most juvnile writing for a Disney movie. Of course it appeals to kids. A fun and likeable talking snowman sure helps. And a story about sisters is vastly appealing. Frankly I prefer them on Once up a Time over the cartoon versions they're based on.

But there's just no denying it's popularity. However, it's becoming just a little too much at this point. We get it. It's popular.

And for as many who truly do love it, there are also those parents and kids who love it just because everyone else does.

Saw a picture of Disneyland and they already have a stage set up for the taping and it's already Frozenfied.

Disney Analyst

This would have made perfect sense last year as a way of promoting the movie.

Now it just feels like what it is, a delayed reaction.

It's certainly not delayed... it's called demand. People want it, Disney delivers. If any movie they made in the last 10 years was anywhere near as successful as this film had been, maybe we would all understand... But in reality this is a first for the modern Disney company, an animated film that smashes records, lands a spot in the top 5 grossing films EVER, and has merchandise flying off the shelves.

If you think this is some delayed reaction your a terribly far off the mark. This is just Disney giving the public what they want.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I'm calling it now.....Idina Menzel and Josh Gad.

Idina Menzel is currently starring in the Broadway musical, If/Then. Not that that would preclude her necessarily, but a more likely duo would be Josh Gad on one coast and Kristen Bell on the other, with perhaps Menzel singing a song or two from her holiday album on the castle stage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom