This year's Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade will be based around 'Frozen'

mikenatcity1

I know people mention WDW reuses floats for years (multiples in the YouTube parade are still in use), but I saw multiple things/floats that are still in use in the Christmas parade at DL...it seems that both areas reuse...(nothing wrong with it, especially for only a couple uses a year)

roj2323

So is this years Christmas parade what happens when Frozone and Elsa have an illegitimate love child, Or are the Chicago Cubs due to win the world series?

TP2000

They were filming the Disneyland portions for the Christmas TV special this weekend in both Anaheim parks.

Here's the sign up in Cars Land guarding the equipment to be used for a Country Western musical segment. You can see the logo for the "Disney Parks Frozen Christmas Celebration" special.
DSC_0836-L.jpg

Here's the Frozen stage up in front of Disneyland's Castle for some musical production number with a B List celebrity I never know.
DSC_9341-L.jpg

DSC_9348-M.jpg

Disneyland's Christmas Fantasy Parade also started twice-daily performances this weekend through January 4th (a week earlier than normal!), and here's the Frozen float in that Christmas parade.
DSC_0028-L.jpg

Merry Frozenmas everyone! :rolleyes:

Figments Friend

This would have made perfect sense last year as a way of promoting the movie.

Now it just feels like what it is, a delayed reaction.

Agree.

Looking at all the *Frozen* offerings in the Parks for the Holidays now in 2014 makes it feel like the movie is coming out THIS year...at least, it does if you are old enough to remember how the Company used to play the promotion game.

If this was the early 1990s, this is the type of promotion we would be seeing in the Parks before the films release.
In 2013, most of the pre-release promotion focused on social media for the most part, with a Meet & Greet option added about a month before.
No big *in-Park* promotional push was really seen until the film *proved itself* successful.
Back in the day, it was the complete opposite.

By this logic, i guess this means NEXT years Parade will be all about Big Hero 6 then....
;)

Having said that, i can understand Disney*s sudden desire to want capitalize on the popularity of their recent wintertime themed, already-proven successful franchise.
They know they dropped the ball last year....and are now trying to make up for it.
Great for the fans of *Frozen* i would imagine...who can now enjoy these entertainment offerings featuring their new favorite characters.
Non *Frozen* fans can watch from the sidelines and observe ( or ignore ) the mania until it finally passes.

I will admit that in my own personal opinion i find all the *Frozenification* a bit much....but can understand why the Company is pushing it so hard.

Last edited:

draybook

You can tell a lot from these Frozen based threads about who on this forum has anything to do with either owning, running or managing a successful business/company. Its very simple here people, Frozen is a HUGE money draw. Little girls EVERYWHERE are in love with Anna and Elsia (even Olaf has a huge following) so why should Disney stop incorporating them in anything right now? Mommy and Daddy are still opening up their wallets for their precious little girls so until the movie dies out and the product stops moving off shelfs Frozen is going to be a major part of everything Disney and I personally have zero issue with that. I don't know why so many of you all do.

Probably because most of us don't give two rats butts about thinking of Disney as a business. When I fork over my cash to Disney my first thought isn't "well, I don't mind if they take a huge crap on imagination and creativity since they're a business". But I guess that the good thing to come out of this is that those of you that claimed that Disney World wasn't "overloaded with Frozen" can sit down and have a nice plate of crow.

Horizons1

Last year was the first year I had no desire to watch it because of what it has become. Disney is trying to make this a tradition for me by throwing frozen all over this.

R W B

Probably because most of us don't give two rats butts about thinking of Disney as a business. When I fork over my cash to Disney my first thought isn't "well, I don't mind if they take a huge **** on imagination and creativity since they're a business". But I guess that the good thing to come out of this is that those of you that claimed that Disney World wasn't "overloaded with Frozen" can sit down and have a nice plate of crow.
So since their incorporating Frozen into the parks a lot you think they've stopped being creative and imaginative?

Also, what logic are you using in your crow statement? I haven't been proven wrong in the least bit here. I'm all for Frozen being implemented in the parks as long as their still making money off it. I personally am not a fan of Star Wars but I don't complain that DHS turns into Stars Wars central in May and they will probably be getting a dedicated land for it too. I'm fine with that if TDO thinks that is what most guests want and it will be cost effective and that's what going on with Frozen too. The ROI is too big to pass up and that is exactly what it comes down to because no matter how you look at WDW, its still just a business.

Yankee Mouse

So since their incorporating Frozen into the parks a lot you think they've stopped being creative and imaginative?

This is very smart on Disney's part. Haters can hate all they want, however the haters can not deny the popularity that this movie continues to have.

It isn't about hating. I don't mind frozen being added to some aspects of the parks. I think there is no doubt it needs to be there. I think the issue most people have is that every thing they have done to incorporate it has killed theming, which used to be a major plus about disney. It won't be norway anymore, now in the middle of the world showcase, an area showcasing real countries will be a fictional land. Not even including Cinderella in the castle lighting ceremony? They could have written her in but decided it is easier to just to avoid it all together, not as creative as they could have been. Frozen banners all over what used to be classic hollywood? True DHS has the hat which kills that theming anyway, and star wars in the spring, but star wars are only the weekends so it doesn't impact the park as much as the recent influx of frozen has. The entire parade being frozen themed? Is that really necessary? Didn't it all start with a mouse?

I have no problem with frozen being brought into the parks, and completely understand the need and massive demand for it. It's how they are doing it I have an issue with.

Tigger1988

It isn't about hating. I don't mind frozen being added to some aspects of the parks. I think there is no doubt it needs to be there. I think the issue most people have is that every thing they have done to incorporate it has killed theming, which used to be a major plus about disney. It won't be norway anymore, now in the middle of the world showcase, an area showcasing real countries will be a fictional land. Not even including Cinderella in the castle lighting ceremony? They could have written her in but decided it is easier to just to avoid it all together, not as creative as they could have been. Frozen banners all over what used to be classic hollywood? True DHS has the hat which kills that theming anyway, and star wars in the spring, but star wars are only the weekends so it doesn't impact the park as much as the recent influx of frozen has. The entire parade being frozen themed? Is that really necessary? Didn't it all start with a mouse?

I have no problem with frozen being brought into the parks, and completely understand the need and massive demand for it. It's how they are doing it I have an issue with.
Cinderella didn't need to be in the lighting ceremony and I'm glad she wasn't. How would have adding her in for ZERO reason be creative?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom