The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - soft opening status

whyjeffrey

going to be there june 4th anyone think i have a chance of getting at least to glance around? my sister lives in kissimee so i know i will be back in the next year or so but i planned this trip when i thought hp was going to be open.... :(

Matpez

going to be there june 4th anyone think i have a chance of getting at least to glance around? my sister lives in kissimee so i know i will be back in the next year or so but i planned this trip when i thought hp was going to be open.... :(

You should know before you get here. That's the best I have right now.

dandaman

Going on Tuesday, and I have the strangest feeling I'll miss out on previews by barely a week. :eek:

(Also, apparently I just hit 4000 posts. Huzzah and all such things. :lol: )

71jason

Really curious to see how that wand shop experience works when the place is packed. I can see it working during controlled press events, but when there are 1000s of people in the land?

Another review suggests the same: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/fe...erge-as-universal-welcomes-pow-wow-crowd.html

If there's an Achilles Heel to this project, it's capacity. Sentinel said 25 adults in the wand shop felt tight--even with multiple "shows" going on at the same time, what can that hourly capacity be? And are people open to an hour in the hot sun just to visit a shop? I think I've said this before, probably in this thread, but I think Disney had the right idea with making this a boutique park.

Anyone else guessing the Dumbledore "hologram" is just an old-fashioned Pepper's Ghost?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Another review suggests the same: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/fe...erge-as-universal-welcomes-pow-wow-crowd.html

If there's an Achilles Heel to this project, it's capacity. Sentinel said 25 adults in the wand shop felt tight--even with multiple "shows" going on at the same time, what can that hourly capacity be? And are people open to an hour in the hot sun just to visit a shop? I think I've said this before, probably in this thread, but I think Disney had the right idea with making this a boutique park.

Right. I wonder if they will end up with some kind of reservation system to get a place in the store.

I'm going to be really interested to see how the whole land handles capacity, including of course the ride. I wonder if the reason we have not had any previews yet is because they are still fighting to get more ride vehicles online. Assuming the ride is good, it would be a disaster if the whole land is wrecked by low capacity throughout.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom