The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - soft opening status

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
This thread is for status info on any soft openings that may take place in the run up to the June official open.

IWant2GoNow

I wondered if a thread like this would be made. Thanks, Steve! Here's hoping for soft openings sometime between June 5-12th.

How do soft openings generally work for things like this? Do they just open it for a few hours a day or a couple days out of the week?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I wondered if a thread like this would be made. Thanks, Steve! Here's hoping for soft openings sometime between June 5-12th.

How do soft openings generally work for things like this? Do they just open it for a few hours a day or a couple days out of the week?

Yep it can really be any and all of those things. Certainly with WDW, you can be looking at a very limited soft opens (a few hours), to fairly extensive openings that pretty much resemble a full opening.

IWant2GoNow

Yep it can really be any and all of those things. Certainly with WDW, you can be looking at a very limited soft opens (a few hours), to fairly extensive openings that pretty much resemble a full opening.

Guess I'll start praying for the latter then. Haha. Thanks for the info as usual.

Helena123

I've heard a few dates but none with any real evidence
9th April, 13th April but hose seem unlikely now :(
Definitely before 28th May though :)

jody31

I'm in WDW from 14-24 May , so hopefully might be open by then (I doubt it though !)
It will be intersting if Harry Potter increases crowd levels at Universal this summer

madmandi

Fingers Crossed

Fingers crossed there are 15 of us visiting orlando 5th - 19th June. As well as celebrating a 30th birthday when we are there, we are also there to visit Harry Potter, fingers crossed. :shrug:

crazydaveh

I'm in WDW from 14-24 May , so hopefully might be open by then (I doubt it though !)
It will be intersting if Harry Potter increases crowd levels at Universal this summer

Oh it will. No doubt about it.

I was over at Uni yesterday and a team member told me they still don't "officially" know and the guy used hand quotation gestures while saying it, but said expect people to come in in the next two weeks. He said he had no clue about the ride and if it would be open during the early part of soft opening.

Take this info for what it is, one team member telling me, a stranger to him, information.

lcruiser

I will be in Universal the first week of June with my family and we are so hoping Harry Potter will be open or at least the soft opening. What do you all think?

Courtney1188

Every time I see an update on this thread, I get super excited that there is new info...and it's just someone else saying when their trip is that they hope it's open for. It's killing me!

hack2112

Some more news regarding opening. Because it was promised for GradBash and it obviously won't be open then, Uni is giving everyone who attends a free ticket to return again before the end of the year.

It's a perfect move for both consumers and marketing, in my opinon.

Courtney1188

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom