'The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend'

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I felt that way last year at the W&D. I qualified for B but dropped back to C. Probably cost us 20 minutes. Never again! :D
In the corrals, if everyone was honest, Id be honest, but like you said, never again will I get 10 rows back behind some walkers in corral A!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the corrals, if everyone was honest, Id be honest, but like you said, never again will I get 10 rows back behind some walkers in corral A!
That really is crazy having walkers at the front. I don't get whey want to put themselves in that position.

joel_maxwell

That really is crazy having walkers at the front. I don't get whey want to put themselves in that position.
Not sure Steve, but I can only imagine they are very excited, dont have a lot of experience and/or "code". When I say walkers, I only saw one person walking out of the start, but the others ones I was referring too were people that couldnt make it to the DHS sign by World Drive without having to check up and start walking. We are talking 200 yards maybe. People were just starting to settle in a jockey for places and pacing when these people started walking. Some of which did and some didnt have the common sense to get to the side of the road. I expect it in an event like this.

The only time I get really frustrated and mad is in a normal true half/full that I am trying for a PR and you have idiots on the course.

joel_maxwell

Per out conversation about nutrition, I stand corrected. I said 2 days of good diet for a half, but according to Hal, you need 7 days for a full. So, lets say that would make a half around 3

Hal Higdon@higdonmarathon
Before marathons, begin carbo-loading seven days in advance. Not only pasta: Fruits, vegetables, and grains will get you good to go.

Runnin'Gator

I felt that way last year at the W&D. I qualified for B but dropped back to C. Probably cost us 20 minutes. Never again! :D
I was thinking if I qualified for A for the Wine and Dine I would drop back to B. I went out too quick at the 10 miler and was thinking running with the B runners for a few miles would keep me under control. What do you guys think?

Runnin'Gator

I had a thought about it. If you're a walker and you get up into A, that gives you an extra 20-25 minute cushion over the sweepers. Instead of having to keep up a 16 minute pace an extra 20 minutes means you could have walked the 10 miler at an 18 minute pace. I've never talked to any of the walkers, so this is just speculation.

joel_maxwell

I was thinking if I qualified for A for the Wine and Dine I would drop back to B. I went out too quick at the 10 miler and was thinking running with the B runners for a few miles would keep me under control. What do you guys think?
If you can get in A, get in A and position yourself in the back of everyone. That gives you a cushion.
I had a thought about it. If you're a walker and you get up into A, that gives you an extra 20-25 minute cushion over the sweepers. Instead of having to keep up a 16 minute pace an extra 20 minutes means you could have walked the 10 miler at an 18 minute pace. I've never talked to any of the walkers, so this is just speculation.
Yep, especially if there are 4 corrals, that gives you plenty of a head start.

wilkeliza

That's exactly what happens. I had some friends who ran who had never run anything over a 5K. They lied and put their expected finish time as the fastest you could with out having to prove it. That put them in Corral B. While we were on a training run one day they admitted they did that to gain the extra time before the sweepers ame through.

I just don't understand why people would be so shellfish to mess up other people's PRs and such. Also what's the point of beating the sweepers if you technically didn't finish. It would give you false expectations at other races because you would get a DNF for time.

Runnin'Gator

Joel, I was thinking about doing that as well. I need to get back to running a negative split so I've got to control myself early on. It wouldn't hurt if we got a little fall weather around here either.

Wilkeliza, they don't know your official time when you cross, so as long as you get there before the sweepers you get to take home the medal.

wilkeliza

Joel, I was thinking about doing that as well. I need to get back to running a negative split so I've got to control myself early on. It wouldn't hurt if we got a little fall weather around here either.

Wilkeliza, they don't know your official time when you cross, so as long as you get there before the sweepers you get to take home the medal.

It wasn't about the medal that I was talking this time. I just was saying if you know you might go over he 16 min pace or whatever don't lie and say you have a recorded finishing time then end up not with out one this race. I wasn't in the best shape going into the ToT but I know at least 15 minutes was added to my time when I got stuck behind people in the last corral and I know if I had been higher up and actually running for time and not just the medal I'd be ed to get stuck behind people who lied their way up.

a2grafix

Coolness! It's Coryna, aka fmingo36 and Christopher! Forever etched into runDisney blogoshere YouTubeness ...

Yet Christopher doesn't seemed fazed by Coryna's jubilation. Hmmm ...

coryna1.jpg

coryna.jpg

coryna3.jpg

JillC LI

Coolness! It's Coryna, aka fmingo36 and Christopher! Forever etched into runDisney blogoshere YouTubeness ...

Yet Christopher doesn't seemed fazed by Coryna's jubilation. Hmmm ...

coryna1.jpg

coryna.jpg

coryna3.jpg

LOVE these pics! Can't say I recall ever acting quite so joyful during a race. I must be doing something wrong!

Texas84

Nice Coryna! We were right behind the cameras in those interviews before the start. And I did not see those baseball skeletons!

DisneyRunner

I didn't see the clothes on the field either. This could be because, I was looking for my DD in the stands. She was unsure if she would make the trek over there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom