The "Think Tank"

Does this sound like a good/fun idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tcool

Would it be a problem to develop two concepts? MH's concept seems pretty developed up to this point.

Coming back to the water park we could redevelop the TTC, turn it into a more dense development. Make it the resorts true transportation center and have a 'mini DTD'. This what I'm thinking for that area:
25ksbrd.png

Yellow squares would be shops, restaurants, and office spaces, green is parks, and purple is ten-six parking garages.
That looks good.

mharrington

Would it be a problem to develop two concepts? MH's concept seems pretty developed up to this point.

I only have the basic concept down. I need help with the nitty-gritty. I want to make this as perfect as it can be. But I'm having difficulty doing that. Doing a ride, to me, is more than just simply slapping a name and a brief description on a guide. I like to go into huge detail, like they did with Western River Expedition or the Muppet Movie Ride.

jdmdisney99

Coming back to the water park we could redevelop the TTC, turn it into a more dense development. Make it the resorts true transportation center and have a 'mini DTD'. This what I'm thinking for that area:
25ksbrd.png

Yellow squares would be shops, restaurants, and office spaces, green is parks, and purple is ten-six parking garages.
It's almost like a new version of Walt's EPCOT, but with no residency! Interesting idea!

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Looks like an awesome map! Like Jdm said, it is an interesting idea. And because they are still floating around, and it seems like some modifacations are important, the rules have been experimentally changed. As many concepts as you would like can be designed here, but everyone should help work on them with each other with their concepts. In the end, there will be a tank full of proposals, and whenever somebody has some concept here that they would like to develop, there will be a weekend or some other amount of time given to create it together, not just one hour. Do you all like these changes? Any other ideas, please post!:)

RMichael21

If we go the route of redesigning the TTC, maybe we could introduce a new form of transportation. An idea could be the subway with a glassed roof, similar to what Team Land did for Challenge 7 of SA Season 2.

Sam Magic

Thanks...let me whip out my edits I have for projects in Baton Rouge to illustrate the potential for this place.
If we go the route of redesigning the TTC, maybe we could introduce a new form of transportation. An idea could be the subway with a glassed roof, similar to what Team Land did for Challenge 7 of SA Season 2.
That would be very interesting...the question then becomes how do we do it with the water table. I mean it would be possible to construct subways in any southern city with the right planning and concepts. Maybe build the whole area in a utiladoor way?

Last edited:

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
With the concept being slightly changed, please read the OP again!:) To sum up, you can suggest your ideas here, and a group of people can participate in bringing the concept to life on a given week or so. And maybe, depending on how the new ICS thing works, for every concept created, all participants could earn a point?
So far, it seems that developing ideas to be worked on are the funhouse, the new transportation center, and a waterpark. Any one, please post how you'd like to do this and any suggestions!
So as promised here are some renderings from around the Googlenet that illustrate what this large area could be.

Ticket and Transportation Center

Denver Union Station:
denverunionstation_2.jpg

DC Union Station:
transportation201207amtrak-union-station-rendering.png

Union-Station-expansion.ss.jpg

ENR08062012_Train_shed.jpg

washington_union_station_h150812_a3.jpg

union-station-con-A-large.jpg

union-station-new-escalators.jpg

Orient%20Station%201993%20-%2019981.jpg

multimodal-hub.jpeg

StPancras-station_London800.jpg

The District (that's what I'm calling it)
LincRender.jpg

downtownplanningurbanrevitalization.jpg

URBAN.jpg

RobertsDay-Urban-Planning-Design.jpg

ekle-2.jpg

BOTHELL_Downtown_aerial_rendering_big.jpg

bp_03.jpg

01-02-Palermo.jpg

d059.jpg

Florence_Town_Planning_004.jpg

Somehow I still feel that I need to post more pictures...
That looks awesome! I think there are a good amount of pics though:D;)

RMichael21

Also, about the subway idea...

It could definitely cut down the wait times for the monorail, buses and boats because this would be high-capacity. Another idea could be having projections going on a glass roof where Disney characters or a certain envornment related to the final destination is projected.

Sam Magic

Also, about the subway idea...

It could definitely cut down the wait times for the monorail, buses and boats because this would be high-capacity. Another idea could be having projections going on a glass roof where Disney characters or a certain envornment related to the final destination is projected.
I agree, and with the way it is designed we could have more route available given a light-rail/subway styled system would be cheaper. Just keep in mind that it would be very costly to construct underground so it would have to be above ground. We could put the trains in above ground tubes that would be covered with parks/greenery and have bike, running, and walking trails on it. Kind of like the elevated train parks in New York and Chicago.

RMichael21

I agree, and with the way it is designed we could have more route available given a light-rail/subway styled system would be cheaper. Just keep in mind that it would be very costly to construct underground so it would have to be above ground. We could put the trains in above ground tubes that would be covered with parks/greenery and have bike, running, and walking trails on it. Kind of like the elevated train parks in New York and Chicago.
Maybe include new walk-ways like the one from Cabana Bay to the Universal Parks? So that way it's green and has tons of plants and landscaping.

Sam Magic

Maybe include new walk-ways like the one from Cabana Bay to the Universal Parks? So that way it's green and has tons of plants and landscaping.
That would be really cool...essentially this whole project would make the MKA (Magic Kingdom Area) more compact. We could then offer green walkways between resorts and the parks.

Where do we want to put the subway stations?

RMichael21

That would be really cool...essentially this whole project would make the MKA (Magic Kingdom Area) more compact. We could then offer green walkways between resorts and the parks.

While we're at it, on the green walkways between the resorts and the parks, we could put solar-powered "magic" walkways like the ones at airports to get to places faster.

tcool

The TTC, MK, MK Area Hotels could be Line 1
TTC, EPCOT, The Boardwalk could be Line 2.
DHS,DTD, AK, AKL could be line 3.
DTD, TTC, and the Boardwalk could be line 4.
Water Park Line and DTD could be line 5.
And MK Express Lane.

Those are just my thoughts on some stations

RMichael21

The TTC, MK, MK Area Hotels could be Line 1
TTC, EPCOT, The Boardwalk could be Line 2.
DHS,DTD, AK, AKL could be line 3.
DTD, TTC, and the Boardwalk could be line 4.
Water Park Line and DTD could be line 5.
And MK Express Lane.

Those are just my thoughts on some stations
Here's my ideas for the lines. It's mostly the same thing, just with some changes.

Line 1- TTC, Magic Kingdom, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness.
Line 2- TTC, Epcot, The Boardwalk/Boardwalk Inn, Caribbean Beach Resort, Beach Club/Yacht Club, The Swan/The Dolphin
Line 3- TTC, Downtown Disney
Line 4- Downtown Disney, Animal Kingdom, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All-Star Resorts, Coronado Springs.
Line 5- Downtown Disney, TTC, The Boardwalk.
Line 6- Downtown Disney, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon.
Line 7- TTC, Magic Kingdom. (This one is an express and goes much faster).
Line 8- Downtown Disney, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Pop Century, Art of Animation.
Line 9- Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Epcot. (This one is an express and goes much faster).

Sam Magic

^
This all sounds good. I will try and make a lines map of both ideas so we see how they would fit.

Going off of RMs idea what if we upgraded all the paths and roads to the new lighted/energy producing roads that may be in our own cities one day. I will try and find some pictures and other information on this.

tcool

Here's my ideas for the lines. It's mostly the same thing, just with some changes.

Line 1- TTC, Magic Kingdom, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness.
Line 2- TTC, Epcot, The Boardwalk/Boardwalk Inn, Caribbean Beach Resort, Beach Club/Yacht Club, The Swan/The Dolphin
Line 3- TTC, Downtown Disney
Line 4- Downtown Disney, Animal Kingdom, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All-Star Resorts, Coronado Springs.
Line 5- Downtown Disney, TTC, The Boardwalk.
Line 6- Downtown Disney, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon.
Line 7- TTC, Magic Kingdom. (This one is an express and goes much faster).
Line 8- Downtown Disney, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Pop Century, Art of Animation.
Line 9- Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Epcot. (This one is an express and goes much faster).
I like yours way better. Good Work:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom