The "Think Tank"

Does this sound like a good/fun idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Voxel

President of Progress City
The thoery would be, could the land be salvaged...and the answer is yes. It would cost a ton though.

That being said, the plot is prime real estate, and having a water park there could add further incentive to stay at a monorail line resort.
It is worth it I would forget parking at the park and expand parking at the TTC.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
So, just to sum up, it seems like a water park is what is being gone through with, sounds great! Some more planning, such as location, would be good to continue, and other logistics talked about. Then, it would be a good idea to come up with a time and day to go full out designing the park. I think its going to turn out real great!
And remember, the more, the merrier! This is, after all, a big, team activity!:)

Voxel

President of Progress City
So, just to sum up, it seems like a water park is what is being gone through with, sounds great! Some more planning, such as location, would be good to continue, and other logistics talked about. Then, it would be a good idea to come up with a time and day to go full out designing the park. I think its going to turn out real great!
And remember, the more, the merrier! This is, after all, a big, team activity!:)
I really won't be able to input more then suggestion and small details. I am a little tied up designing a cruise ship.

mharrington

I really won't be able to input more then suggestion and small details. I am a little tied up designing a cruise ship.

Me neither, because I'm going to work on my dark ride. Speaking of which...

It is up to all of you, you are the ones creating it! That could be a way to come up with the thoughts, but I'm not going to control it. The final product has to be though one specified concept, however if it is a park you can definitely put multiple concepts in it. Part of the intent of this is for all the member's creative minds and thoughts coming together, so if your ideas can be combined with others, that's great!

I have the general idea down, but I need help with the nitty-gritty. It's for a dark ride to be added to Storybook Circus. It's called Mickey's Fun House. It's based on Mickey's Madhouse, which was to have been part of the abandoned Dumbo's Circusland at Disneyland back in 1976. According to Davelandblog: "Dumbo's Circusland [was to feature] 'Mickey's Madhouse' - essentially a wild mouse roller coaster in a dark ride environment, set in the world of early black-and-white Mickey Mouse cartoons (think of the former Mulholland Madness at Disney California Adventure, but indoors, with no clear view of where the track ahead was going)." Wikipedia simply says, "A funhouse adventure featuring clowns and such." But Dumbo's Circusland never came to be, thanks to it being part of Discovery Bay, based on "The Island At the Top of the World", a movie which flopped at the box office.

But now, we have Storybook Circus, which may be as close a thing to Dumbo's Circusland as we're going to get. Anyway, to compensate for the loss of Toontown Fair, I will add Mickey's Fun House to Storybook Circus. I read somewhere that Dumbo's Circusland was going to be put (at least partially) in the spot where Mickey's Toontown is today (this, however, is just the opposite apparently). I changed it from "Madhouse" to "Fun House" because "Mad" doesn't sound appropriate for Mickey. Also, this ride will not be a wild mouse coaster, it will be a general dark ride, the Magic Kingdom equivalent of the Roger Rabbit ride at Disneyland. Finally, this new version of the ride will improve on the Mickey cartoon aspect by not just doing black and white Mickey shorts, but also some color ones; it will basically be about Mickey in the 1930s.

However, while I do have the basic general idea down, I need help with fleshing this idea out. For one thing, how should the ride vehicles look? Also, how do you travel from scene to scene?

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Ok guys, it seems this has slowed down a little bit! Now, decide When would be a good time for you all to create this and have the event? Please post suggestions below. It appears as if the water park is what is going to be started with, but by all means you can change the basis idea all you want!:)

mharrington

Ok guys, it seems this has slowed down a little bit! Now, decide When would be a good time for you all to create this and have the event? Please post suggestions below. It appears as if the water park is what is going to be started with, but by all means you can change the basis idea all you want!:)

What do you think should be a good ride vehicle for my fun house dark ride? Also how should we go from scene to scene?

mharrington

Was your ride about mickey mouse shorts?

Yes, it was based on an aborted concept for Dumbo's Circusland, which was to be built at Disneyland. But it never came to be. However, we now have Storybook Circus, which is probably the closest thing we will ever get to Circusland.

The original concept for the ride was to be an enclosed wild mouse coaster. I removed that aspect, making it more of a regular dark ride, but a crazy one like Roger Rabbit. However, I'm having difficulty with how the ride vehicles can look and how they can move from scene to scene. If anyone can help me with those two difficulties, that would be a great help and I can maybe even flesh out the scenes themselves afterward.

mharrington

I've searched and searched for ride vehicle ideas, but the only thing I can think of are giant versions of Mickey's shoes. I'm not really sure how that can possibly work.

mharrington

Mickey's car? Maybe vehicles similar to the ones in the cat in the hat ride at IoA

Well, it's a ride in Storybook Circus, so it needs to be appropriate ride vehicles. Here's what the ride vehicles for the Cat In The Hat ride look like:
IslandsOfAdventure198.jpg

As you can see, they resemble couches. I don't think couches are appropriate for Mickey's Fun House. Besides, especially since the Cat In The Hat ride is at a park only a few miles up the road, I don't want it to look like we're plagiarizing the concept.

I've tried to look for ride vehicles for other fun houses, hoping to spark something, but they are all just walkthroughs, so I can't find anything good for a ride vehicle for Mickey's Fun House. I've tried to find other ride vehicle ideas, as I said, but I've been stumped and don't know what to do, because other fun houses are walkthroughs.

Sam Magic

Would it be a problem to develop two concepts? MH's concept seems pretty developed up to this point.

Coming back to the water park we could redevelop the TTC, turn it into a more dense development. Make it the resorts true transportation center and have a 'mini DTD'. This what I'm thinking for that area:
25ksbrd.png

Yellow squares would be shops, restaurants, and office spaces, green is parks, and purple is ten-six parking garages.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom