The "Think Tank"

Does this sound like a good/fun idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mharrington

So after some work on the ride with help in PMs from @IDInstitute, I want to ask for help on some of the scenes in this Mickey's Fun House ride. I have a couple of ideas for scenes. One is a "Steamboat Willie" section and another is a scene themed to "Mickey's Service Station". I'm also pondering just making it various quick vignettes linked together somehow, rather than just their own separate scenes. But I'm having some difficulty with the Steamboat Willie scene in particular. The only thing I can think of is the boat on some rough waters, but that would mean having simulation screens, which I don't think are looked on particularly kindly by the fans here.

Just because I came up with the general idea of this doesn't mean that I have the whole thing completely planned out. It's not complete yet and I can't complete it alone. Can anyone please provide me with some ideas here, such for scenes?

mharrington

I have another question: I'm trying to figure out a sequencing idea. It starts off near a wharf with the boat ("Steamboat Willie") on it, but then it goes into several vignettes of Mickey shorts, such as a jungle ("Jungle Rhythm" and maybe "The Castaway"), a dynamite blasting area ("The Delivery Boy") and a service station lot ("Mickey's Service Station").

The other problem is, they are black and white, and I thought of having a few color cartoons, too. But Pete meets his defeat by being hung up on the boat's hook, which was in black-and-white. How do you think we should do the segue into color? And how can the black-and-white boat be figured into color?

tcool

I have another question: I'm trying to figure out a sequencing idea. It starts off near a wharf with the boat ("Steamboat Willie") on it, but then it goes into several vignettes of Mickey shorts, such as a jungle ("Jungle Rhythm" and maybe "The Castaway"), a dynamite blasting area ("The Delivery Boy") and a service station lot ("Mickey's Service Station").

The other problem is, they are black and white, and I thought of having a few color cartoons, too. But Pete meets his defeat by being hung up on the boat's hook, which was in black-and-white. How do you think we should do the segue into color? And how can the black-and-white boat be figured into color?
Use Get a Horse?

mharrington

I guess so its the only short that has both the colored charecters and black & White charceters to me that came to mind. Or the Phantom Blot could steal the color.

It's already black-and-white, because that's when they originated. There are also no full-on scenes of individual shorts. Rather, it's more of general settings with just small elements of shorts here and there. For example, there might be a jungle setting with animals from "Jungle Rhythm" and "The Castaway".

As for your comment about the inspiration from "Get a Horse", that would be well and good if the ride were to be set at Main Street, but it's not. It's going to be in Storybook Circus.

Voxel

President of Progress City
It's already black-and-white, because that's when they originated. There are also no full-on scenes of individual shorts. Rather, it's more of general settings with just small elements of shorts here and there. For example, there might be a jungle setting with animals from "Jungle Rhythm" and "The Castaway".

As for your comment about the inspiration from "Get a Horse", that would be well and good if the ride were to be set at Main Street, but it's not. It's going to be in Storybook Circus.
I am not sure what exactly the type of transition you want but you could always use dumbo or circus themes to transition you. For instance dumbo could fly you in to a scene or goofy could launch you out of a cannon

mharrington

You know you've hit rock bottom, if you are being fired out of a cannon by Goofy. :hungover:

:D

I know. This ride idea of mine is actually based on this one abandoned concept for Dumbo's Circusland. It's called Mickey's Madhouse. Here's what "The Disneyland Story" has to say about it:

Like Space Mountain at Walt Disney World, this ride would have been a Wild Mouse roller coaster in the dark. Guests would have entered the world of black-and-white cartoons of the 1930s and traveled through an environment where they would be unable to see what was in front of them.

The main difference between the original idea and my idea is that it would not be a roller coaster, only a regular dark ride, albeit one like Roger Rabbit. One reason for this is because there's already a Wild Mouse coaster on property (namely, the Primeval Whirl at the Animal Kingdom). But I'm not really good at coming up with ideas here. That's why I kept trying to seek help in getting this done, but everyone seems unable to help, certainly with major ideas. @IDInstitute has tried to help, but he/she is only good with general solutions such as ride vehicles or transitions or the facade, etc. He/she has little familiarity with the shorts, as it looks like a lot of people here do as well.

One big reason why I tried to do something like this was to replace the concept of Mickey's Big Top Spin, which I really did not particularly think turned out too well. You can look here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-and-epcot-for-you.864107/page-3#post-5764321. For one thing, I'm not happy with the ideas of Scrooge at the entrance to the ride. I'm also not happy with Max Goof being in there, either. There seems to be too much contemporary stuff in there, and that's not what I'm trying to go for (I'm trying to go for a more classic feel). There also seems to be a lot of repeating and cannibalizing of characters from Pete's Silly Sideshow.

ArtificialArtist

I know. This ride idea of mine is actually based on this one abandoned concept for Dumbo's Circusland. It's called Mickey's Madhouse. Here's what "The Disneyland Story" has to say about it:

Like Space Mountain at Walt Disney World, this ride would have been a Wild Mouse roller coaster in the dark. Guests would have entered the world of black-and-white cartoons of the 1930s and traveled through an environment where they would be unable to see what was in front of them.

The main difference between the original idea and my idea is that it would not be a roller coaster, only a regular dark ride, albeit one like Roger Rabbit. One reason for this is because there's already a Wild Mouse coaster on property (namely, the Primeval Whirl at the Animal Kingdom). But I'm not really good at coming up with ideas here. That's why I kept trying to seek help in getting this done, but everyone seems unable to help, certainly with major ideas. @IDInstitute has tried to help, but he/she is only good with general solutions such as ride vehicles or transitions or the facade, etc. He/she has little familiarity with the shorts, as it looks like a lot of people here do as well.

One big reason why I tried to do something like this was to replace the concept of Mickey's Big Top Spin, which I really did not particularly think turned out too well. You can look here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-and-epcot-for-you.864107/page-3#post-5764321. For one thing, I'm not happy with the ideas of Scrooge at the entrance to the ride. I'm also not happy with Max Goof being in there, either. There seems to be too much contemporary stuff in there, and that's not what I'm trying to go for (I'm trying to go for a more classic feel). There also seems to be a lot of repeating and cannibalizing of characters from Pete's Silly Sideshow.

Just to clarify, i didn't want to critizise anything or anyone with my comment. I was merely trying to be funny about the thought of being fireballed by Goofy. :happy:

mharrington

I am not sure what exactly the type of transition you want but you could always use dumbo or circus themes to transition you. For instance dumbo could fly you in to a scene or goofy could launch you out of a cannon

Here are a couple of examples of scenes: the first scene is "Steamboat Willie" and then the second scene would be a jungle featuring jungle animals like those in "Jungle Rhythm" and "The Castaway". Is there a way to transition between the two?

Voxel

President of Progress City
Here are a couple of examples of scenes: the first scene is "Steamboat Willie" and then the second scene would be a jungle featuring jungle animals like those in "Jungle Rhythm" and "The Castaway". Is there a way to transition between the two?
Hmm you could utilize effects from steam boat willie. Say Mickey pulls the horn and the steam (because these old horns are steam powered) blankets the guest allowing for a transition. Of the smoke from the smoke stack.

mharrington

Hmm you could utilize effects from steam boat willie. Say Mickey pulls the horn and the steam (because these old horns are steam powered) blankets the guest allowing for a transition. Of the smoke from the smoke stack.

Oh, here's the other thing: the idea is that Pete abducts Minnie Magnifique and Mickey has to save her. Of course, I don't know why Pete would want to try and put Minnie in Mickey's own attraction, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom