The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

Fe Maiden

Just curious but how does a person that frequents Disney often enough to become a "Super-FP" user able to deny the Pixie Dust influence that they possess themselves?

I can still visit WDW and not be hopped up on pixie dust. I judge it by if I'm having a good time, my family is having fun and is it worth the time, effort, and expense to go (we usually drive, from South Jersey). There's no doubt we still have fun, we're DVC and stayed at BLT for the first time in August and had a great week. But it was less about what Disney was offering than it was experiencing the parks in a new way. My youngest (she's 4) hit 40 inches which meant the 6 of us spent 95% of the time together. No more baby swaps, no more splitting up, except for one ride in each park we were able to do everything together and it was a blast.

Now what? New FL was met with a resounding meh? If any ride should be in the wheelhouse of a 4yo girl who carried around an Ariel plush the entire week it should be TLM. It made such an impression she went on exactly once. She's very proud of the fact she went on Splash and BTMRR several times and TOT seven times. And yet that's part of the problem. Why did she go on those rides so many times? There's not enough to do, and anything that is new is being worked on at a snails pace.

So while we have fun it's the value for our time, effort, and expense that is causing us to look elsewhere. And I have no problem going elsewhere.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Yes, let's get this conversation on track before the thread is closed.

Around 2006, a Monsters Inc. door coaster was all but greenlighted. In fact, Soundstage 1 was closed in preparation for the coaster that was never built. This is partly why the bridge on the far end of Pixar Studios takes design cues from the movie.

About a year ago, Cars Land was a done deal. Then the trigger was almost pulled on a Star Wars area that would have begun where American Idol currently stands. The BAH was supposed to come down too—that's not an Internet fanboi myth.

In Epcot, Imagination was supposed to close in January even though the exact details of version 4.0 hadn't yet been determined. One version extended the track into the 3-D theater. A permanent WS location for characters (similar to a second Character Spot) was considered, too.

At DAK, James Cameron was not impressed during his first few tours with Joe Rohde. Cameron fixated on how poorly Disney was running its operation—the empty expanses of nothing didn't escape his criticism. Then Disney worked out a deal re: Avatar and Rohde was set loose to create a night time show, too. Those lighting FX have been in testing since last May, BTW. Nearly all the animal exhibits around the Tree of Life are slated to be removed. The entrance will be reworked, too.

At the MK, the cameras and microphones for 100% talking Mickey were installed around May or July. An expanse of land near FrL is still earmarked for a new attraction.

Legitimate plans get made and cancelled all the time.

Wow, that's a lot of fat to chew on. Thanks! I'd die to see the Star Wars plans for DHS and the removal of the BAH. Do you think these are still possible? :/ the monsters coaster would be a sweet bonus.

aladdin2007

Wow, that's a lot of fat to chew on. Thanks! I'd die to see the Star Wars plans for DHS and the removal of the BAH. Do you think these are still possible? :/ the monsters coaster would be a sweet bonus.

I would like to know also, I think that BAH is here to stay for a long time yet. Please someone deflate it already and the stage with it.

WDW1974

Original Poster
What is more bizarre?

Disney thinking the Poly has ''world class amenities'' or Lou Mongello being quoted doing PR for Celebration Place in the NY Daily News?

I can't give details, so please don't ask, but HKDL is going to see some major additions beyond the Iron Man Experience and they will happen sooner rather than later.

Olympics or a Person of Interest rerun? No debate needed.

@InsideDLParis on the Twitter says DLP has decided to end character meets and greets at its resorts as of early November. Also says the cost of Ratatouille has risen above $200 million which is not surprising.

Speaking of the Rat ride, composer Michael Giacchino, has been doing work on the attraction's score.

Anyone want to bet that Celebration Place staffers have given hub access to some 'crucial' lifestylers?

Look at all the tree removal and pathway expansion at the MK and realize yet again that the 'park' part of the name should be removed.

Debating a visit to UNI-Hollywood for the first time in years. Think it will come down to whether I score freebies as I don't want to pay for a construction zone.

I just say 'bless their hearts' when I see Disney advertising rooms at the All Star Music for $82 a night for FL residents.

A Coke commercial advocating soda thievary. No, it wasn't inspired by me ... at least I don't think it was.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Nice to hear you have plans to return to DL.
I blew off another possible WDW venture to return myself this May.

Love it out there.....Cali is awesome on more levels then just the Disney angle.
Agree regarding the shifting refurb calendar.

Hey, at least BTMR will be open...!

:)

Don't be so sure of it ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Is the small area behind the speedway around the outer brim an expansion pad? Just curious as there seems to be enough room for a small land back there???

Not an official one, but there is lots of land ... just no desire to add a damn thing to that park.

Disney doesn't still grasp they have fundamental capacity problems because so much capacity has been taken away (from attractions to live shows -- and venues, to even dining and shopping). They can add two more Dumbos and it wouldn't put a dent into the issue.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I don't mind talking about this subject, Me personally don't care if the guy is gay or not. What he does privately is none of my business. But to imply that if a team does not select him that it means somehow they are homophobic is really unfair. I have friends connected to the NFL. No head coach or general manager wants to get on a podium week after week and have to answer questions over and over about the player. They simply can live without the distraction. Is it fair? Surely not. But that isn't their job to make life fair, their job is to run a football team.

The guy decides he is going to be the first, great! I applaud him. But I don't think its fair to criticize a team that doesn't want to draft him. Not because he is gay but because what it may do to their team. It doesn't matter what the distractions are the head coach doesn't like it when the focus is on one player. He will be drafted and that team should be commended. But it will put a huge burden on that team to have to deal with what comes with the draft pick. The team that doesn't draft him shouldn't be condemned.

I didn't imply anything. I made a statement and you should know by now that I always stand behind my beliefs. And, guess what? I have connections to the NFL as well ... deep ones, including with some of the broadcasters who work Sundays.

Distraction is a word used to say 'We don't want an effen (deleted) on our team' ... it's the same 'distraction' of having gays and women in the military or having Muslim women wearing traditional clothing in the workplace or having kids who are 'different' in schools. It's all BS.

Distractions? In the NFL? Between arrests for everything from strip club fights to murders to bullying scandals to starts acting badly, the NFL is a walking, throwing, catching , and kicking distraction.

I saw former Vikings punter Chris Kluwe, who strongly believes he was cut for being an outspoken supporter of LBGT issues, compare the use of the word 'distraction' to calling Richard Sherman a 'thug' ...anyone who has followed the game well understands that thug is used instead of the N-word as it is almost never used to describe a white player and it has become acceptable to use it.

Anyone who doesn't draft the kid (who was one helluva force in the toughest conference in the nation) and uses the 'distraction' excuse just can't handle gays.

jdmdisney99

Depends on who you ask. But the longer it keeps going, or if they suddenly bring cranes back in, I'll know where to place blame ...
Installing the huge Bob Iger tribute portrait in the queue?:p
upload_2014-2-11_22-49-1.jpeg

Just kidding, but it does seem like that refurb is taking forever.

BrianLo

I can't give details, so please don't ask, but HKDL is going to see some major additions beyond the Iron Man Experience and they will happen sooner rather than later.

Good to hear! The HK government recently remarked that they wanted to fill in the remaining expansion pads pronto. I also assume sooner rather than later doesn't actually mean before Iron Man experience opens, but that's the way the sentence reads.

I imagine the HKDL resort is next in line for a new gate once SDL is dealt with.

Edit: Found the quote I was referring to...
Although Disneyland's capacity is sufficient to cope with current visitor numbers, it is considering further expansion on the Phase I Site to accommodate more visitors by using the remaining 15.2 hectares of land designated for the future development of the theme park proper and retail, dining and entertainment facilities.

It is estimated that the capacity of Disneyland will increase in the coming five to eight years upon the completion of a series of expansion plans. The estimated annual attendance will also increase to 11 million, with an average daily attendance of 30,137.

http://www.wantchinatimes.com/news-subclass-cnt.aspx?id=20140118000134&cid=1102

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
That's weak. It was weak when Chris Kluwe said it and its weak when you say it. To think that it won't be a distraction at all is naive. I'm not saying he won't face prejudice from teams or teammates, just look for quotes that have popped up from anonymous gm's and scouts across the league already, but the onslaught of media, sports or otherwise is going to be tremendous.

A few years ago I couldn't get to my kids at summer camp to pick them up because the area was filled with cops, news vans, helicopters flying overhead. As a parent I really started to worry. What was it? Terrell Owens decided he wanted a new contract so left Eagles training camp and decided to hold court while working out on his front lawn.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic..._the_to_driveway_press_conference_2005/961635

Sometimes a distraction is really just a distraction.

And sometimes it's code. It is here. You can disagree. You're wrong about it, but you can disagree.

Jackie Robinson was a distraction too.

WDW1974

Original Poster
No, it won't. Not saying it isn't good, but....seriously...
It'll make just a fraction of Avatar's box office. Won't be in the top 5 for the year.

You make a cameo appearance and you want to talk about the Robocop remake?

What's next? Talking about how great The Lego Movie was?

I need to have a talking to DD.

John

Anyone who doesn't draft the kid (who was one helluva force in the toughest conference in the nation) and uses the 'distraction' excuse just can't handle gays.

I wouldn't argue that or deny it one bit.....

BTW Kluwe was a bum. He can claim what ever he wants to.

jdmdisney99

Good to hear! The HK government recently remarked that they wanted to fill in the remaining expansion pads pronto. I also assume sooner rather than later doesn't actually mean before Iron Man experience opens, but that's the way the sentence reads.

I imagine the HKDL resort is next in line for a new gate once SDL is dealt with.
Let's forge a hypothetical timeline here...
2005 - HKDL opens
2015 - SDL opens
2026 - Second SDR park opens
2033 - Third SDR park opens
2042 - Fourth SDR park opens
2051 - Second HKDR park opens

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom