The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

twebber55

Not talking about you or any individual here. But the word thug absolutely is used as a replacement for the N-word and reporters and writers have been cautioned against using it ... because again it has become code.

And I agree with you wholeheartedly ... the NFL and every other pro sports league in the USA (and abroad as well, largely) doesn't give a damn about character except when it brings them bad PR. But, even then, they have 20-something talking themselves into six figure jobs as social media experts that tell them there is no such thing as bad PR in sports. Guess what? They are wrong.
Jonhny Manzel and Richie Igcognito were called thugs by many media outlets so.....

Animaniac93-98

Why do we bother having separate men and women locker rooms?

You DO have a point there and the potential for sexual harassment on a 'same-sex' basis is now in play, I've always thought a 'don't ask, don't tell' policy was probably the best one for harmony between the LGBT community and the RoW, One of my best friends is flamboyantly gay I'll do a lot of things with him, Taking a shower is not one of them. Guess I'm not sufficiently liberated yet.

Do people still think gay people have zero self restraint, or want any man within a 10 foot radius of them?

It's not about "liberation", it's about commen sense.

WDW1974

Original Poster
[

Ok, again your debating weather it is right or wrong, or what should be. I am not arguing that point. I happen to agree with you. I am looking at it from a head coaches view point and from a general managers view point. As I said, if the kid cant make it in the NFL and gets cut.....what do you think happens? Will the kid acuse the team as Kluwe did? I AM NOT SAYING ITS RIGHT OR WRONG! I am saying it isn't entirely because he is gay, its because of what comes with drafting a gay player. There will be teams who just will not want to deal with these issues. It isn't because they don't like gays. Its because they don't want have to answer questions, accusations on any decisions made on the player.

Ok, say a team drafts him in the sixth round.....reporter: Why didn't you draft him in the fifth round?
reporter: Do you think your team will accept him? reporter: Do you think drafting a gay player will be a distraction......on and on. You know it will happen.

I don't really want to continue the discussion because someone looking for trouble (or just me off) will run to the mods and posts will disappear for no good reason ...I certainly have more interest in this topic, and knowing MANY folks in and associated with NFL I also have first-hand perspective, then say how many pinball machines Flynn owns.

The only point I want to make here is that you're saying that because there will be issues by progress, by taking a social leap in pro sports, that there will be more attention and questions, and all I can respond to that with is 'so what?!?' ...That's natural and acceptable.

Again, this is the NFL where it is a distraction of the day mentality ... you deal with it and line up on Sunday and play. You don't make a deal about who a person is.

Mickey_777

Do people still think gay people have zero self restraint, or want any man within a 10 foot radius of them?

It's not about "liberation", it's about commen sense.

Gay or not, men at their core are visually stimulated. He's been in locker rooms so I would assume Sam has it under control. It could get complicated though if a particularly paranoid team mate of his were to suspect Sam was looking at him the "wrong" way and got defensive. Like "Yo bro?!"

Animaniac93-98

This line of discussion is going to get this thread closed.

Agreed, but as someone who is personally offeneded by some of the BS conclusions people are drawing, I felt compelled to make at least one comment on the discussion.

People may feel unconfortable on the topic, but they should know that LGBT persons (like most people) have control over themselves and respect for others and that if something were to go wrong, they have the right to take action against them. There is no need to actively ban (in rule or practice) LGBT people from public or private places, or certain professions.

Last edited:

BrianLo

Can we play guess the theme of HKDL's new resort?

Anything but a Studios Park please.

They might go the "Disney's Bay" angle, discovery bay is quite close and that's also a nice Disney power-word.

1. Disney's Magic Bay
2. Something to do with forest, perhaps rain forest
3. Disney's Discovery Kingdom/World

Or the low hanging fruit...
4. Disney's Hong Kong Adventure

BrianLo

Could the second gate be a water park and not a theme park?

If you mean on their major plot clearly earmarked for a park of some sort, no. Somewhere else shoved into the resort? Maybe.

Next in line though? Very, very unlikely. Also HK Government owned Ocean Park is opening a water park, and they are very about not allowing any park to cannibalize the other. Ocean Park was 12th worldwide for attendance (the highest non-Disney non-Universal) and was, but probably won't be for long, ahead of HKDL in 2012. They want both parks to thrive and that means quite different offerings. We see how much they are pushing for unique offerings these days out of Disney, they don't want clones.

For that reason as well I wouldn't ever expect an Animal themed gate, it steps too much on Ocean Parks toes.

wdwfan4ver

Anything but a Studios Park please.

They might go the "Disney's Bay" angle, discovery bay is quite close and that's also a nice Disney power-word.
I don't think Disney would consider it after how DHS and Walt Disney Studios Park currently are. DHS needs a makeover, but Burbank and TDO decided on spending over 2 billion dollars on My Magic Plus is a better investment than do a makeover for DHS.

Walt Disney Studios Park on the other hand is the Worst attended Disney theme park out there right. That means Walt Disney Studios Park still will need help after Ratatouille.

I don't think Disney or HK Government would trust another Studios park without needing to do a makeover.

lazyboy97o

I don't think Disney would consider it after how DHS and Walt Disney Studios Park currently are. DHS needs a makeover, but Burbank and TDO decided on spending over 2 billion dollars on My Magic Plus is a better investment than do a makeover for DHS.

Walt Disney Studios Park on the other hand is the Worst attended Disney theme park out there right. That means Walt Disney Studios Park still will need help after Ratatouille.

I don't think Disney or HK Government would trust another Studios park without needing to do a makeover.
Not that I see it as likely, but the Government of Hong Kong would possess the influence that could make the original working studio component attractive to film makers.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That is what many folks are observing, including friends of mine who are in the industry and trained observers and have been visiting parks that are not very crowded at all and yet there are long lines for MM+ kiosks and long queues for attractions that only had them on the busiest days before.

I'll take one of my friends, who has spent a lifetime working in the business, and their opinion over 87 posts on a forum like this one because even a crazy Disney maniac guest that would be a member here still doesn't know ops like someone who has been living it for years.

So, yeah, I know the lines are artificially inflated. It really hasn't been a big deal because the last 3-4 weeks are basically a dead period, but things start getting busier this holiday weekend and they don't really slow down all that much until post Easter, which is very late this year.

I just read a trip report today and the photo's of the queues to use a kiosk were long. From what I've been told they have cut the number of CM assistants at the Kiosks because during the slow period there were not many guests needing assistance. That is going to change soon. Likely this weekend given it is a Federal Holiday.

My Sis and niece are going down tomorrow. Only knew about FP+ and MBs because I told them at Christmas and a brief rundown. They are down for a sports tournament. As she called it, they made their ride APPOINTMENTS but will likely have to change appointments because you can't guess what time your next round will be in the tournament. My Sis has a timeshare at Boardwalk but isn't overly Disney. She isn't thrilled with what she calls FP+ nonsense. I'm kinda holding my breath for when the WiFi doesn't want to grab or she has problems with her magic band tap to pay with her kid. We are all pretty well versed and we get frustrated, people like my Sis that are going in pretty blind another story.

The Visionary Soul

You make a cameo appearance and you want to talk about the Robocop remake?

What's next? Talking about how great The Lego Movie was?

I need to have a talking to DD.

I saw a late final showing of Gravity tonight before it went out of IMAX 3D (Robocop was starting tonight at midnight in IMAX) I have to say I enjoyed Gravity more than I thought I would, but I don't know if I ever want to watch that movie again. Just makes me feel sad. Anyway, at my theater, for the "big midnight premiere" of Robocop, there were only about 7 people in line waiting to see it when we left. (Around 11:40pm) I think there were 10 people in Gravity. This is completely not relevant to the conversation at all, but neither is the NFL. It also probably doesn't make sense to judge how well Robocop will do based on my little theater on a Tuesday night, but still.

And BTW, I did see The Lego Movie and enjoyed it thoroughly. 3-D made me sort of sick in Lego though... I think it had something to do with that fake stop motion CGI animation they did.

Jimmy Thick

Could all the recent "giving people more room" expansions around MK have something more to do than just possibly making things a little more easier to maneuver during parades? Granted this stuff is very, very needed but too much is taking place at once.

Maybe some kind of long term additions?

Jimmy Thick- Taking one for the team.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom