The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

BrerJon

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading that the Millennium Village area is falling apart and would need to be completely revamped to be used.

I've wondered if location isn't part of the problem for the Wonders of Life pavilion. It's set back a ways and easier to miss if you're not looking for it.

It's used the whole time for events. Also, it has vast, vast permanent bathrooms, so the infrastructure must be pretty substantial. Would I like to see that space used for attractions? Yes. But if it's a choice between opening WoL (or something in that spot) as a proper pavilion, but using Odyssey and World Showplace as the Festival Centers, I'd take that.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
MK hasn't gotten a big-ticket attraction since 1992... and 85% of the park is all ages. It's the only park in WDW that actually could use some thrills. Every other park has too many height requirements. Fire Mountain, IJA, Bald Mountain, Monstro shoot-the-chutes, and a Tomorrowland E-ticket: add those 5 to MK and there's plenty of thrills for everyone. You could still add some all-ages stuff like a B&TB trackless dark ride or Western River Expedition. Maybe an Aladdin or Jungle Book E-ticket?
I don't see them adding 5 e-tickets to any one park at WDW. WDW has the blessing (and curse) of land. They have 4 gates. If you collapse the 4 WDW parks into 2 the ride count per park would be more in line with Universal Florida's 2 parks or DL/DCA.

In modern times a major expansion like Carsland, Potter 2.0, Avatarland or FLE have 1 or 2 new major rides at most. 5 would be quite an ambitious and expensive expansion. I'd love to see it, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Lee

Adventurer
I have it under no authority that both @Lee and our friendly spirit are squirreled away pouring over @ParentsOf4 charts and graphs in an effort to see if there is a tangible correlation between reinvesting in product and wearing vests while talking about product.
The Spirit and I have indeed been pouring over many things these last few days, but I'm unaware of any vest-related incidents.
;)

Next Big Thing

Having attractions like Indy and GMR for these things is just silly when TDO could setup an amazing state-of-the-art area for these things where everything is easily accessible and in one location.
It's not silly because there are many times where there is a lot of over lap. And the whole point of even having events in GMR is so that you can walk through the ride and slowly eat your way through, course-by-course.

stlphil

The Spirit and I have indeed been pouring over many things these last few days, but I'm unaware of any vest-related incidents.
;)
That's a relief! I was beginning to think that Disney finally took Spirit up on his offer to go silent for cash, um, I mean put him on the payroll as a consultant.

Of course I should have realized that Disney is too cheap and too stupid to do something that would obviously be in their long term best interests.

WDW1974

Original Poster
;)

Nope. But I have enjoyed hearing your lovely singing voice in person again ... and who better to experience Diagon Alley for the first time with ... or make sure that Mrs. Lee enjoyed her first ride on the SDMT? And seeing those nice bois from the Micechat site?

And all that fun news and gossip ... I think I am going to sooooo off both Disney and UNI fans at the same time (and why does that make me feel a little bulge?)

In other words, look for the Spirited Back Nine ... coming to a MAGICal realm near you soon.

BTW, after you left we took a little drive out to Flamingo Crossing and ... oh what a hoot that was. Can you say the next real estate collapse is alive and well and being created just west of WDW near Independence. $1 million lakefront homes? For who exactly?

OK, you know the fans are going to want something so as I head to bed ...how about:

1.) Tom Amity was right about something (and I think his employer is actually buying all of Disney's good 'crap' before it ever gets a chance at Property Control/Cast Connection);

2.) Carnie rides be coming;

3.) Both Disney and UNI show ouright contempt for their guests, no more so than in October when both companies print money with events that are not close to what they once were;

4.) How come urology nurses only pay $239 a night for rooms at the Comtemporary?;

5.) Unless you are coming to O-Town to visit people, the last two weeks in October are simply a hellish time to visit the big four parks (those being UNI, IOA, MK, EPCOT). It might be a great time for a DAK, Disney's Soon to be Renamed Park without a giant toon hat (see: I told ya so ... although to be fair it was first leaving as soon as 2011 and that didn't happen!);

6.) Only JT (safely from the desert of New Mexico) could enjoy the mess that is DD today.

MerlinTheGoat

Carnie rides be coming
For DHS (soon to be formerly)? Then i've nothing to say besides-
tumblr_lttc43prSn1qht847.gif

How come urology nurses only pay $239 a night for rooms at the Comtemporary?
Perhaps they expect the nurses to treat any staff on property free of charge that experience bladder issues from drinking Orlando's tap water?

Next Big Thing

6.) Only JT (safely from the desert of New Mexico) could enjoy the mess that is DD today.
I know parking is pretty hellish right now and there's walls everywhere, but that's pretty much what you get when they are building lots of new stuffs. Still keeping my fingers crossed that the rumor about The Edison coming to Disney Springs is legit. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you? ;)

alissafalco

Nope. But I have enjoyed hearing your lovely singing voice in person again ... and who better to experience Diagon Alley for the first time with ... or make sure that Mrs. Lee enjoyed her first ride on the SDMT? And seeing those nice bois from the Micechat site?

And all that fun news and gossip ... I think I am going to sooooo off both Disney and UNI fans at the same time (and why does that make me feel a little bulge?)

In other words, look for the Spirited Back Nine ... coming to a MAGICal realm near you soon.

BTW, after you left we took a little drive out to Flamingo Crossing and ... oh what a hoot that was. Can you say the next real estate collapse is alive and well and being created just west of WDW near Independence. $1 million lakefront homes? For who exactly?

OK, you know the fans are going to want something so as I head to bed ...how about:

1.) Tom Amity was right about something (and I think his employer is actually buying all of Disney's good 'crap' before it ever gets a chance at Property Control/Cast Connection);

2.) Carnie rides be coming;

3.) Both Disney and UNI show ouright contempt for their guests, no more so than in October when both companies print money with events that are not close to what they once were;

4.) How come urology nurses only pay $239 a night for rooms at the Comtemporary?;

5.) Unless you are coming to O-Town to visit people, the last two weeks in October are simply a hellish time to visit the big four parks (those being UNI, IOA, MK, EPCOT). It might be a great time for a DAK, Disney's Soon to be Renamed Park without a giant toon hat (see: I told ya so ... although to be fair it was first leaving as soon as 2011 and that didn't happen!);

I think I'm the most upset about #2.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom