The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

FigmentFreak

I know the Frozen gals were getting ready to move into the Norway pavilion, but looks like this little fury guy has set up shop. He joined us for a snack outside of the Kringla earlier today.

imagejpg1.jpg
[/URL]

Was it Mickey's cousin?

Corporate espionage?

manutdfan1

@hatetofly: Wow... So someone has stumbled upon a portfolio containing concept art for numerous Universal projects worldwide.

@hatetofly: I'm not going to post the web address to said site in an effort to protect the company / person in which it came from.

Any idea as to which website he's talking about? I can't find it anywhere

Mike S

@hatetofly: Wow... So someone has stumbled upon a portfolio containing concept art for numerous Universal projects worldwide.

@hatetofly: I'm not going to post the web address to said site in an effort to protect the company / person in which it came from.

Any idea as to which website he's talking about? I can't find it anywhere
These might be from that site.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I found a link in a thread on Orlando United some days ago.

PeterAlt

It's not relevant how many parks it eventually spreads to, it's still money poorly spent. If they didn't look at the spending as a choice then that's even worse. Go back and read the posts from @ParentsOf4 referring to the lack of reinvestment in P&R under Iger. They certainly should have been deciding between this and any number of projects for the parks. There is no reason they would not have that money available to invest in something else other than MyMagic+.
When you see the condition and new show elements of all the rides at DL today and compare that to all the rides at WDW today, it is very obvious that money has gone into MM+ instead of on actual attractions or new show elements. WDW is lagging very far behind in ride quality. I can say this with 100% certainty because I was at DL just a few days ago and WDW just a few months ago and both visits are fresh in my memory.

PeterAlt

I think you all may be interested in this...

When I was at DL earlier this week, while waiting in line for Indiana Jones, I overheard a woman talking with her group of friends about WDW. I introduced myself and told her that I couldn't help but overhear her conversation and told her I was from Florida. She told me she was from Orlando and works for TDO.

Later, while still in line, she continued talking to her group of friends. I listened in. She was bragging about how cost efficient TDO is compare to TDA. She talked about bloated and "unnecessary" spending at TDA, using Indiana Jones as one example. Using rides that I've been using as examples for why DLR is better than WDW in ride quality on a ride per ride basis (while talking to other people), she used as examples to brag about how TDO is brilliantly controlling operation costs and the wastefulness of TDA's operation costs.

I felt like interrupting and telling her that's nothing to brag about, as show quality is obviously much better at DLR, compared to its WDW equivalent. Even as we walked through the que area, she would point out show elements of the que and say things like "Totally unnecessary - high maintenance."

I guess it's a different mindset of corporate culture between the two Disney operations groups?

PhotoDave219

When I was at DL earlier this week, while waiting in line for Indiana Jones, I overheard a woman talking with her group of friends about WDW. I introduced myself and told her that I couldn't help but overhear her conversation and told her I was from Florida. She told me she was from Orlando and works for TDO.

Later, while still in line, she continued talking to her group of friends. I listened in. She was bragging about how cost efficient TDO is compare to TDA. She talked about bloated and "unnecessary" spending at TDA, using Indiana Jones as one example. Using rides that I've been using as examples for why DLR is better than WDW in ride quality on a ride per ride basis (while talking to other people), she used as examples to brag about how TDO is brilliantly controlling operation costs and the wastefulness of TDA's operation costs.

I felt like interrupting and telling her that's nothing to brag about, as show quality is obviously much better at DLR, compared to its WDW equivalent. Even as we walked through the que area, she would point out show elements of the que and say things like "Totally unnecessary - high maintenance."

I guess it's a different mindset of corporate culture between the two Disney operations groups?

Pete… I think we all know I would've called her a four letter word and told her she was useless.

However that is a fantastic example of how the corporate cultures differ.

stevehousse

These might be from that site.
View attachment 64449 View attachment 64450 View attachment 64451
I found a link in a thread on Orlando United some days ago.

Yes yes yes!!! Thank you for that!

When you see the condition and new show elements of all the rides at DL today and compare that to all the rides at WDW today, it is very obvious that money has gone into MM+ instead of on actual attractions or new show elements. WDW is lagging very far behind in ride quality. I can say this with 100% certainty because I was at DL just a few days ago and WDW just a few months ago and both visits are fresh in my memory.

We can't wait to do our first family DL trip in the spring! My wife and kids have never been and I have been twice, haven't been back for 25 years!

U really should have said something! How could u not have!

I would have hit her in the face with my citrus swirl.

Omg I so would have done that! LOL

I was wondering how the Lorax scooters were going to look. And the JP ride vehicles look boss.The Gotham picture is going to make a lot of heads explode for a whole lot of different reasons.

I was thinking the same thing about Gotham! First, how cool is that! Second, where would they build this? On new land or a repurposed area, or which park even? Would they rebuild superhero island and turn it into Gotham? It would be pretty easy to retheme the existing attractions into batman themes! I also really like this idea because it was originally a land that was suppose to be at IOA but got scrapped for Marvel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom