The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

seahawk7

It's not that big but does take up the northern part outside the berm.

I hope this isn't what they decide to do because DLR's Toontown is pretty impressive. It has a nice dark ride and well-themed minor rides. The theming itself of the land is impressive. It was built with a noticeably decent sized budget for its time. It would be a shame to have to tear it down, unless they find a way to simply re-theme it and re-use the structures and its dark ride.
Plus it would leave a nice place for children to play.

Besides, Toontown transitions from Fantasyland better than Star Wars Land would. Star Wars Land has to stay closer to Tommorrowland and if they can't do that somehow then leave DL alone out of respect for Walt Disney. DL has the nostalgia factor that WDW can't have because Walt himself built that park and wanted lands to transition into one another. Walking under the bridge to Toontown from FL is nice because both lands hold whimsy and charm. Star Wars Land will ruin that.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

So I recently came to acquire information about the legacy Fastpass system and the corresponding distribution. I don't know for certain if the numbers are consistent from attraction to attraction, but the number I saw was that 70% of an attraction's capacity was distributed as Fastpass. I wouldn't be surprised if this percentage was increased as a result of Fastpass+ as rumblings have come out that a lower percentage are being redeemed when they're booked 30-60 days in advance.

The chart I'm posting below does not factor in the psychology of touring, it's just numbers. By that I mean, there are certain wait times that some people simply won't do. If Soarin' is 90 minutes, I'm not getting in Standby, but if it's 45 minutes I might. Unfortunately that's something that's much harder to quantify.

So, that brings us to the data below. This works regardless of the attraction, but what should be factored in is the popularity of an attraction. Something like Soarin' probably sees a higher percentage of distribution and usage relative to Pirates of the Caribbean. Pirates may have 70% of it's capacity capable of being distributed, but on any given day it only sees 50% of guests using Fastpass. The other assumptions I'm making is that the desired wait in the Fastpass line is 5 minutes.

Column 1 is the wait time of an attraction with Fastpass. The remaining columns are what the wait time would be if the first column assumes a 70% Fastpass return, then 65, then 60, 55, and 50. (Sorry, I couldn't figure out to make a good table so this is an image):
Fastpass.jpg

StageFrenzy

So I recently came to acquire information about the legacy Fastpass system and the corresponding distribution. I don't know for certain if the numbers are consistent from attraction to attraction, but the number I saw was that 70% of an attraction's capacity was distributed as Fastpass. I wouldn't be surprised if this percentage was increased as a result of Fastpass+ as rumblings have come out that a lower percentage are being redeemed when they're booked 30-60 days in advance.

The chart I'm posting below does not factor in the psychology of touring, it's just numbers. By that I mean, there are certain wait times that some people simply won't do. If Soarin' is 90 minutes, I'm not getting in Standby, but if it's 45 minutes I might. Unfortunately that's something that's much harder to quantify.

So, that brings us to the data below. This works regardless of the attraction, but what should be factored in is the popularity of an attraction. Something like Soarin' probably sees a higher percentage of distribution and usage relative to Pirates of the Caribbean. Pirates may have 70% of it's capacity capable of being distributed, but on any given day it only sees 50% of guests using Fastpass. The other assumptions I'm making is that the desired wait in the Fastpass line is 5 minutes.

Column 1 is the wait time of an attraction with Fastpass. The remaining columns are what the wait time would be if the first column assumes a 70% Fastpass return, then 65, then 60, 55, and 50. (Sorry, I couldn't figure out to make a good table so this is an image):
View attachment 61252

Why does the number go down if less people return? Am I reading the table right?

RSoxNo1

Why does the number go down if less people return? Am I reading the table right?
The percentages are how many people are riding the ride using Fastpass. Those people are waiting 5 minutes. It's the remaining percentage that are waiting in the standby line. Looking at the 70% column assume the following:
  • 70% riding Soarin' are doing so using Fastpass. Those people are waiting 5 minutes to ride
  • 30% riding Soarin' are doing so using Standby. Those people are waiting 180 minutes to ride
  • If Fastpass was eliminated under that scenario, every guest would wait 57.5 minutes

StageFrenzy

The percentages are how many people are riding the ride using Fastpass. Those people are waiting 5 minutes. It's the remaining percentage that are waiting in the standby line. Looking at the 70% column assume the following:
  • 70% riding Soarin' are doing so using Fastpass. Those people are waiting 5 minutes to ride
  • 30% riding Soarin' are doing so using Standby. Those people are waiting 180 minutes to ride
  • If Fastpass was eliminated under that scenario, every guest would wait 57.5 minutes
Got it

stevehousse

Sad to hear Roger Rabbit will be leaving us :( I'm going to Cali next year so I will get to experience it before it's gone.

My only question though is, are they going to be moving Star Tours over to the new land and putting a new ride or simulator in its place???

Travel Junkie

Toontown itself is a small area but there is a ton of backstage area for expansion. There has been talk from time to time that TDA currently located behind Toontown could eventually relocate offsite which would open up a ton of room. In terms of space, I see why they would look at Toontown. It would be a shame to lose that area though.

AEfx

Why does my postal carrier insist on FOLDING my Hollywood Reporter in HALF when it fits just fine without damaging the thing at all?

Likely it's already folded before he gets to your mailbox to know it's size, they usually fold them to make it easier for them to carry/stack.

No point in posting, just giving you the likely answer to the question, LOL. ;)

seahawk7

It occasionally supports an argument? In short, what it tells me is that when Pirates is running a 45 minute, it really should be a 17-25 minute wait.
TDO should use this math in determining whether they need to implement a return time policy to the BOG restaurant.

AEfx

Mickey's ToonTown becoming Star Wars Land just seems odd.

To us, yes, but Disneyland is a bit different I think - Indy is in Adventureland, Star Tours in Tomorrowland, etc. - having "outside" stuff is more commonly accepted there. It's actually a great area for them to pick - though I would miss Roger Rabbit and would love him to move across the way to DCA, but the Toontown plot is rather isolated and makes pretty good sense for a non-traditional land to me.

TPlus when Disneyland got a New Fantasyland in the 80's it was a reworking of the entire land with updates for all the dark rides and their respective facades plus a new dark ride (Pinocchio).

Precisely. I'm a big fan of our new Fantasyland, simply because we sorely needed it - our Fantasyland was embarrassing, there was little to no overall theming. The biggest shock to me at visiting Disneyland is that they had no such issues, their Fantasyland is charming and chock full of attractions at the same time, that all are very well kept/updated.

PeterAlt

Plus it would leave a nice place for children to play.

Besides, Toontown transitions from Fantasyland better than Star Wars Land would. Star Wars Land has to stay closer to Tommorrowland and if they can't do that somehow then leave DL alone out of respect for Walt Disney. DL has the nostalgia factor that WDW can't have because Walt himself built that park and wanted lands to transition into one another. Walking under the bridge to Toontown from FL is nice because both lands hold whimsy and charm. Star Wars Land will ruin that.
Unless they use the old PeopleMover (aka Rocket Rods) and bring it into that area. That would work as a good transition...

lazyboy97o

To us, yes, but Disneyland is a bit different I think - Indy is in Adventureland, Star Tours in Tomorrowland, etc. - having "outside" stuff is more commonly accepted there. It's actually a great area for them to pick - though I would miss Roger Rabbit and would love him to move across the way to DCA, but the Toontown plot is rather isolated and makes pretty good sense for a non-traditional land to me.
I do not think it has to do with difference in layout and attraction placement as I visited Disneyland well before I ever visited Walt Disney World. It is more the aesthetic of both Tomorrowland and Star Wars combined with my expectations of the future. That any Armchair Imagineer can think up more Star Wars in Tomorrowland to me shows how close they have become. What I would find odd is going from a somewhat Star Wars environment and then walking past the Matterhorn and "it's a small world" just to again enter a Star Wars environment.

Smiddimizer

View attachment 61252

Escape from Gringotts (standby with fastpass): 20 hours ;):D

flynnibus

Premium Member
It occasionally supports an argument? In short, what it tells me is that when Pirates is running a 45 minute, it really should be a 17-25 minute wait.

I've tried reading your post 4 times and still can't make sense of the chart or what formulas are supposedly behind it. You talk percentages... but it's not clear percentages of what? FP returns vs FP distributed? FP vs total riders? I can't even make sense of what the intersections are reporting And what formulas are behind the numbers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom