The Spirited Back Nine ...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I don't think he meant it should not have been mentioned on this site, but the fact that it was celebrated in the manner that it was is kind of over the top. Is it really a "celebration-worthy" moment to be the first one there, or should the fact that a much-needed parking garage is ready (almost) be news-worthy enough?
I didn't see anyone celebrating, other than th first car in which was given a magical moment by DTD cast. Am I missing something else?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Not at all--of course it should have been mentioned. I'm saying the coverage was ridiculously excessive given the subject matter, which was pretty much the case throughout the Disney online community.
I guess since I don't follow anyone on Twitter or go to any other sites I wasn't aware.

I thought my coverage was just a stating of the facts and photos to keep people informed.

Nemo14

I didn't see anyone celebrating, other than th first car in which was given a magical moment by DTD cast. Am I missing something else?
I don't know, Steve. I guess it just seems kind of unnecessary to create and publicize an "award" of sorts for parking a car in a garage. kind of a first-world issue I guess.

In any event, I'm glad they've addressed and done something about the parking situation there. It was really getting ridiculous.

Disneyhead'71

I guess since I don't follow anyone on Twitter or go to any other sites I wasn't aware.

I thought my coverage was just a stating of the facts and photos to keep people informed.
See, that right there is your problem. You're too old school. You like for there to be information included in your information. For the kiddies today A picture with a caption is about as lengthy a news story as they can handle. After that their short little attention span wonders off on them towards the closest flashing banner ad.

Disneyhead'71

No no no..... New DVC tower going up where BAH used to be..... that's the BIG Money project! That's the strategic vision that will tie into the new theme of the park.
They are not going to build a DVC where the BAH is blocking the beautiful view of the Chinese Theater. But unfortunately GMR's numbers are low so they are going to convert it to the first in park DVC. Serveys are telling TDO that The Chinese Theater Villas will possibly be more popular than the Swamp Shacks at the Poly.

DisDan

They are not going to build a DVC where the BAH is blocking the beautiful view of the Chinese Theater. But unfortunately GMR's numbers are low so they are going to convert it to the first in park DVC. Serveys are telling TDO that The Chinese Theater Villas will possibly be more popular than the Swamp Shacks at the Poly.

But but but....there is reportedly a 1.6bil budget for the DHS redo, with TS PLayland and TSMM 3rd track....the leftover budget sounds pretty BIG for just a set of DVC villas where GMR used to be.... I am putting my Money on whole new structure, the new DVC Tower will be the crown jewl of WDW.... a new Cinderella castle even....

Disneyhead'71

But but but....there is reportedly a 1.6bil budget for the DHS redo, with TS PLayland and TSMM 3rd track....the leftover budget sounds pretty BIG for just a set of DVC villas where GMR used to be.... I am putting my Money on whole new structure, the new DVC Tower will be the crown jewl of WDW.... a new Cinderella castle even....
An ice castle maybe? Hmmm!?!

I think were onto something!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I don't know, Steve. I guess it just seems kind of unnecessary to create and publicize an "award" of sorts for parking a car in a garage. kind of a first-world issue I guess.

In any event, I'm glad they've addressed and done something about the parking situation there. It was really getting ridiculous.
Look at it this way. The DTD operations cast have been battling against parking issues for the last year. Getting a garage open is a huge deal for them. Is marking the first car in with balloons a big deal? I didn't see Disney do any promo of it at all.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto

You are missing the context here. This thread has discussed the button given for pages upon pages, thus giving it a TON of self-created coverage. It doesn't matter that Disney did not provide the coverage, or that you did not either. What matters is that the one post in this thread has caused a spiral of discussion on a simple button and balloon given by a cast member, and therefore the coverage of said balloon/button was too much, never-mind the fact that the coverage was solely in this thread.

Disneyhead'71

You are missing the context here. This thread has discussed the button given for pages upon pages, thus giving it a TON of self-created coverage. It doesn't matter that Disney did not provide the coverage, or that you did not either. What matters is that the one post in this thread has caused a spiral of discussion on a simple button and balloon given by a cast member, and therefore the coverage of said balloon/button was too much, never-mind the fact that the coverage was solely in this thread.
I call that the "life of its own" theory of internet forums.

DisDan

I call that the "life of its own" theory of internet forums.

This topic is now very much like
20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Nemo14

Look at it this way. The DTD operations cast have been battling against parking issues for the last year. Getting a garage open is a huge deal for them. Is marking the first car in with balloons a big deal? I didn't see Disney do any promo of it at all.
I get that. Maybe we're just tired of the big issues being ignored while pretty insignificant ones are touted.

lazyboy97o

Not discussing the garage itself so much as the coverage of the garage opening--a subtle yet profound difference. I think the online reaction ties directly into a recurring theme of all nine Spirited threads--specifically, the mental/psychological state of many dedicated Disney fans. I daresay that is the underlying theme at the heart of all of the Spirited threads.
In this case though there seems to be little obsession with the garage and far more obcession about that group. It's pushing beyond noting the concerns to circle back into joining them in a slightly different form.

Nemo14

In this case though there seems to be little obsession with the garage and far more obcession about that group. It's pushing beyond noting the concerns to circle back into joining them in a slightly different form.
You may be right - we're all obsessed with something I guess. Maybe all that Frozen stuff just got to us all?

71jason

It's a Spirited thread. When--if?--@WDW1974 comes back, I bow to his judgment as to whether or not it was a relevant topic. In the meantime, we're just foamers and doom-&-gloomers talking back and forth yet past one another, and personally I see no point in continuing the discussion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom