The Spirited 11th Hour ...

tirian

Besides getting a Frozen show in Summer, I really hope Disney can come up with a better daytime castle show. I really loved the previous one being "Cinderella's Surprise Celebration" from the 2001 - 2006.

In 2005, Cinderellabration replaced the Surprise Celebration. It was as forgettable as it sounds: princesses arrived and danced on the stage. Then the show ended.

The songs offered park guests such clever lyrics as, "Cinderellabration/ all across the nation..."

danv3

And in other news
Star Wars prosecuted over Harrison Ford injury
"The Health And Safety Executive has brought four criminal charges against Foodles Production (UK) Ltd - a subsidiary of Disney."

Seeing this late, but criminal prosecution over a (relatively) minor workplace injury? We're not talking about a situation where an employer's bad acts cause someone to die.

Mike S

Along with removing that purple and blue tent located in the middle of the entrance of Cinderella Castle. I really miss seeing the Cinderella Castle like this before they added it around 2005 or 2006.
3539925274_56496fd790_o.jpg
Yo, is that a picture?!?! :jawdrop:

brb1006

In 2005, Cinderellabration replaced the Surprise Celebration. It was as forgettable as it sounds: princesses arrived and danced on the stage. Then the show ended.

The songs offered park guests such clever lyrics as, "Cinderellabration/ all across the nation..."
I vividly remember that show being new. How long did that last?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Seeing this late, but criminal prosecution over a (relatively) minor workplace injury? We're not talking about a situation where an employer's bad acts cause someone to die.

this is media trying to make a big deal out of what amounts to a simple workplace safety incident case. Akin to OSHA fining or investigating an employer after an accident. Serious, of course, but 'news' or worth pumping.. hell no

asianway

Watch Tokyos on YouTube one day it was much better. Ours was embarrassing

Eoghann

It's not actually a requirement for someone to die in order for it to be a criminal act you know. ;)

In this case I think it's simply that the prosecution is via the Health & Safety Executive (it would after all be a workplace safety violation so not a police matter) and they are proceeding at their regular pace.

DHoy

Question: can they "preload" forthcoming costs into a prior quarter? Mostly I ask as they specifically cite Disneyland being one of the contributors to higher costs. Nothing really happened at DL last quarter, all the ROA closures happened this quarter. Unless Rollickin' Roadsters was a real money sink.

WDW I certainly understand, Disney Springs and Pandora are both at their peak in construction expenses.
Short answer ... NO. Normal expenses need to be expenses as they occur. And capital expenditures are expenses on depreciation (over time).

AEfx

this is media trying to make a big deal out of what amounts to a simple workplace safety incident case. Akin to OSHA fining or investigating an employer after an accident. Serious, of course, but 'news' or worth pumping.. hell no

Actually, no, that is incorrect.

The UK takes workplace safety much more seriously than the US does, because as you state, here, OSHA can just give a small fine or whatnot and it's basically a hand-slap (even in cases of death).

In this case, the investigation has been concluded and these are criminal charges that are being filed in a court of law based upon them.

This is a whole 'nother beast - and while most of the time I'd concur with your notion of the media trying to make anything out of nothing because "it's Disney" - in this case, this is actually very noteworthy indeed and far beyond anything we'd see in the US. Companies being legally responsible for their actions...I know, it almost seems...criminal, LOL.

Stitchon

well, they are kinda the same. arent they?

CASP was more of a parade than Move It Shake It, as it took the daily parade slot after Parade of Dreams's departure. It was very dense with characters and performers, and was a bit more like Block Party Bash on a much smaller scale. It also royally screwed traffic throughout the park because of its multiple stops and sealing off guest areas for performers to rest between their cues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom