The Spirited 11th Hour ...

GiveMeTheMusic

Also TDR is constantly refreshing shows and go all out for seasonal events. WDW and DLR have an Easter egg hunt for Easter. TDR has tons of decorations a seasonal parade and much more. DCA's 15th anniversary consisted of a pin and a cheesy banner. TDS is having a 15th celebration similar in scale to Disneyland's 60th.

It's the extra small things that are constantly being done in Tokyo that are not being done stateside, specifically WDW as much as the larger projects.

Yup. Remember when DHS struggled to put together a Frozen cavalcade and then added two sad floats the next year? TDR built an entirely new Frozen parade from scratch for a seasonal event. There's just no comparison. I'd take TDR with 10 years of no new attractions over WDW any day of the week.

Last edited:

Mike S

Thank you. I think you are expressing my points far better than I could.

The basic thing I was trying to say is that people expressing excitement about these new additions to Tokyo slated to come out by 2020 and I was just pointing out that there are just as much if not more new stuff to be excited about coming to WDW in the same timeframe. It's okay to be excited and interested in both.
I am definitely excited for both resorts. Mostly just for Avatar and Star Wars, but you also have to take into account that some of the stuff coming to Tokyo is similar to things we've gotten/are getting here in WDW but sooooooooooo much better (B&tB, Frozen). That's what bothers most of us I think. Also what @Virtual Insanity and @GiveMeTheMusic said.

PhotoDave219

Yup. Remember when DHS struggled to put together a Frozen cavalcade and then added two sad floats the next year? TDR built an entirely new Frozen parade from scratch for a seasonal event. There's just no comparison. I'd take TDR with 10 years of no new attractions over WDW any day of the week.

For ten years or so, I've heard nothing but how great Tokyo is and how cheap Orlando is. We get it. Orlando isn't changing.

Rinse, lather, repeat, move on....

RSoxNo1

Tokyo is just two parks. Walt Disney World has 4.

There have already been cost cuttings applied to the off the shelf carnival style rides that will feature in WDW, Tokyo rarely cut back on costs. See Tokyo Disney Sea vs. California Adventure and Animal Kingdom.

Star Wars is going to be a clone on either side of the US... Tokyo build new and exclusive.

Tokyo also has further plans ahead - as have already been mentioned.

Every season Tokyo runs new shows, parades and entertainment. They have a new or enhanced parade every year for halloween, christmas and easter - orlando won't even run an easter parade anymore, the other two whilst fun are showing thier ages. Might I add that halloween in Tokyo is included in park tickets... not a seperate hard ticket event.
WDW has four different separate admissions, but Epcot, DHS and DAK are far from full day experiences. Both Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea are full day experiences.

brb1006

No to mention Dreamlights constantly updates the parade by adding new floats every few years and removing older ones.

HauntedMansionFLA

Saw The Jungle Book tonight and I LOVED it! Definitely give a shot :)
I saw it yesterday and I agree with you. Loved it. We watched all the way through the credits. I saw one of the companies thanked at the very end was Pixar. I know they within the same company but I thought it was interesting. Back to Jungle Book, I thought Bill Murray was wonderful - perfect casting.

Macro

Hey Flynn! Long time, no yammer. ;)

but most of wdw's locations don't offer the great spying locations if any at all besides planes.
That's the benefit of having everything crammed into Anaheim with a shoehorn. You just get up on top of something tall and start shooting pictures. Be it Mickey's Terror Wheel or a parking garage. Orlando looks pretty spread out and would be a tougher nut to crack.

I've been looking into seeing if some pictures from Mickey and Friends and some trick math could lead to an improved view of where things really are placed. Unfortunately it looks like the new berm is in the way of the best part. I may take a crack at it anyway.

Glad to see you here, hope you hang around!
MiceChat's forums have gotten kind of weird. It used to be when an insider came out with some really good info everyone would have a good time with it. Or wring their hands depending on what the news was. Now there's this gestapo that attacks when some insider leaks some info that sounds bad. Say the suggestion that Disney's considering rerouting Rivers of America or turning Tower of Terror into some Marvel somethin' er other. The gestapo claims the insiders don't know what they're talking about and the proof is the previous plans which were leaked that didn't actually happen. We point out that Disney changes plans a lot but they won't have any of it. You try to explain, "No no no, this ToT thing came from that '74 guy. Yes the plan sounds nuts but coming from him you better take it seriously." But, nope. They've taken to really chewing on the critical miceage articles. If Al Lutz was still writing them they'd probably be trying to rip him a new one. They seem incompatible with the point of view of the founders of MiceChat. Like I said, weird.

Anyway, if my trick Mickey and Friends math amounts to something I'll post it in WDWMagic's DLand forum. This forum isn't my coast.

BrianLo

I saw Captain America today. It's the Avengers-esque Marvel movie fans have been waiting for.

I'm sure people will complain about its serialization, but frankly I love that sort of stuff and the amount of fan service is top notch. I think it stands alone as a great super hero movie without even all the buy in from seeing a lot of familiar faces.

I'll be curious to see how this does... It definitely 'deserves' to make more than Ultron.

Mike S

I saw Captain America today. It's the Avengers-esque Marvel movie fans have been waiting for.

I'm sure people will complain about its serialization, but frankly I love that sort of stuff and the amount of fan service is top notch. I think it stands alone as a great super hero movie without even all the buy in from seeing a lot of familiar faces.

I'll be curious to see how this does... It definitely 'deserves' to make more than Ultron.
How was Spidey?

Travel Junkie

I saw it last night as well. Yeah I felt the same way. It was a very good Avengers style movie. My initial thoughts are it is my favorite of the MCU films. I'm always impressed with how they juggle all the different characters to give them enough screen time and make the story coherent.

How was Spidey?

Small role but he was good. Spiderman looks to be in good hands moving forward. Not much of a spoiler but I'll put in in the tag.
He is funny but could come off as an annoying teenager. His powers are new at this point so he's still trying to figure out what he can do. He has good chemistry with Iron Man in particular as they both like to wisecrack.

Mike S

I saw it last night as well. Yeah I felt the same way. It was a very good Avengers style movie. My initial thoughts are it is my favorite of the MCU films. I'm always impressed with how they juggle all the different characters to give them enough screen time and make the story coherent.

Small role but he was good. Spiderman looks to be in good hands moving forward. Not much of a spoiler but I'll put in in the tag.
He is funny but could come off as an annoying teenager. His powers are new at this point so he's still trying to figure out what he can do. He has good chemistry with Iron Man in particular as they both like to wisecrack.
That works really well then because he's supposed to be a teenager :)

Cesar R M

Hang on, why only a small role?
Hes pivotal in the civil war comic.
Unless they plan to do an "amazing spiderman" movie about the details of civil war from spiddey's point of view.

Ps, I hope to see the darn movie next week. I got an awful stomach flu D:
ps2 with spoiler

As kidder and kinda annoying as the comics/tv show? or more ? I mean, in the comic he starts when he's barely 15 (ultimate version, miles morales is even younger.. he gets his power at 14 I think)

GiveMeTheMusic

Hang on, why only a small role?
Hes pivotal in the civil war comic.
Unless they plan to do an "amazing spiderman" movie about the details of civil war from spiddey's point of view.

Ps, I hope to see the darn movie next week. I got an awful stomach flu D:
ps2 with spoiler

As kidder and kinda annoying as the comics/tv show? or more ? I mean, in the comic he starts when he's barely 15 (ultimate version, miles morales is even younger.. he gets his power at 14 I think)

He's not pivotal in the film, but he is an important component. It's still a small role, but very well done and Marisa Tomei is great as Aunt May.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom