The Spirit Takes the Fifth ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonpluto

What's a churro?

Charo copy.jpg

PeterAlt

WDW owns and operates the monorail not RCID.
As I said, they need to bundle it into its own subsidiary that could operate it by collecting its own fees that could not be used for anything else. Under the current system, there's nothing preventing WDW Co. from using the fees it is collecting from the DVC units on things other than monorail operations. As a subsidiary of WDW Co., they can still do that, but it has to be documented publicly. Now, if that subsidiary was spun off altogether, or moved up a level, under the umbrella of Walt Disney Enterprises, then that can't happen.

Clever Name

He is playing him again. Why is this bizarre? He, Luke, Leia, and possibly Lando are in this trilogy as older characters. Their children, who will be in their late teens and early twenties, are the focus of the story.
The franchise needs to be more inclusive. It's obvious that Eddie Murphy would be perfect for the Han Solo role. Dave Chappelle would be a great Darth Vader as well.

PeterAlt

You are correct ever since they collapsed the WDW Transportation Co into the parks
So, they were once a separate subsidiary responsible for all WDW transportation? When was it merged into the WDW Co.?

EDIT - I think Asianway has me on ignore, so can anyone else answer this?

Last edited:

Clever Name

This shows that Walt was well aware of what the 'Sharp Pencil Boys' would try so he kept these essential elements of the park outside of their scope of control.
It was so he could make a fortune for himself and his family. Also note that Walt paid no right of way fees or lease fees to the Disneyland shareholders to run his privately owned monorail around the park. He was later sued by shareholders and had to pay that money back. Unfortunately, we don't know the exact amount since the lawsuit was settled out of court and each party to the lawsuit agreed to keep the settlement private (to protect Walt's image and not reflect negatively on the name "Disneyland").

PeterAlt

I have an idea on how to restore the Eisner Days without actually bringing back Michael Eisner!

Very simple. Merge with Dream Works and make Jeffrey Katzenberg president of Disney. When Iger retires, Katzenberg would be the logical choice as the new CEO!

Eisner and Katzenberg were nice friends and the two had similar philosophies on how Disney should be run creatively during the period up until the death of Frank Wells. After Wells died, Eisner was paranoid that Katzenberg wanted his job, and saw his desire to fill Wells' shoes as him trying to wedge his way to the #1 spot. Suspicious of Katzenberg's intent, Eisner did everything in his power to make sure that he did not get the #2 job at Disney. That lead to Katzenberg taking legal action and the creation of Dream Works.

Iger did say that other big mergers are being negotiated. Dream Works would be a perfect fit, as far as new acquisitions are concerned. If they do buy Dream Works and Katzenberg comes with the deal, Disney will have a Big, Bright, Beautiful tomorrow!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I just want to through an idea in the air and see what you all think of it.

Disney should sell off the monorail system to an outside company and include expansion airspace within WDW as part of the deal. The company buying it could then modernize the system and expand it, and even bring it outside the gates of WDW. They could convert it to a maglev relatively easy, as a maglev is also a monorail and is structurally similar. They could extend it to International Drive, Orlando International Airport, the Florida Mall, downtown, etc. There are companies with money that already want to build maglevs in Orlando.

Well, that's a different slant on the whole monorail situation--sell it! On the one hand, I like your alternative approach, in that it brings up additional thoughts on a system very much in need of maintenance. New ideas generate further discussion, and sometimes positive outcomes emerge.

On the other hand, I would have some hesitancy in the sale and operation of the entire WDW monorail system (with or without the maglev expansion suggestion you had) to a private firm. As much as I think Disney has not paid enough attention to the upkeep of the monorail system in the past few years, and needs to greatly improve in this area, I'm not wild about the idea of Disney completely relinquishing their hold on the entire monorail operation to an "outside" entity.

Maybe it's just nostalgia on my part, but Disney has done some great things through the years, including the monorail system up until a few years ago. If management will shift its focus back to the "basics" and put forth a concerted effort to maintain and upgrade the monorail, there's no reason why it can't return to its full glory. I'd be happy to see it maintained, and I don't think any expansion outside of WDW would be needed.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wasn't it confirmed when Star Wars 7 was announced that those three would hve a small role in the new movies?

It's still considered rumor that they main three will be back, the only returning character that has been officially confirmed is R2-D2. Even if they do come back, it's also still speculation that the movies would focus on their children. This is the way the EU went, and it's very likely that children of the original characters would be in these movies, but it's no confirmed.

PeterAlt

It's still considered rumor that they main three will be back, the only returning character that has been officially confirmed is R2-D2. Even if they do come back, it's also still speculation that the movies would focus on their children. This is the way the EU went, and it's very likely that children of the original characters would be in these movies, but it's no confirmed.
If these are based on Lucas' original stories, which Wikipedia says they are (and we know Wikipedia is always right), then it's about the third generation. Lucas is on record saying that over and over again during the early 80's. (And we know Lucas never lies.)

The above is sarcasm, but he did say that before he become a chronic lier.

Last edited:

PeterAlt

I have an idea on how to restore the Eisner Days without actually bringing back Michael Eisner!

Very simple. Merge with Dream Works and make Jeffrey Katzenberg president of Disney. When Iger retires, Katzenberg would be the logical choice as the new CEO!

Eisner and Katzenberg were nice friends and the two had similar philosophies on how Disney should be run creatively during the period up until the death of Frank Wells. After Wells died, Eisner was paranoid that Katzenberg wanted his job, and saw his desire to fill Wells' shoes as him trying to wedge his way to the #1 spot. Suspicious of Katzenberg's intent, Eisner did everything in his power to make sure that he did not get the #2 job at Disney. That lead to Katzenberg taking legal action and the creation of Dream Works.

Iger did say that other big mergers are being negotiated. Dream Works would be a perfect fit, as far as new acquisitions are concerned. If they do buy Dream Works and Katzenberg comes with the deal, Disney will have a Big, Bright, Beautiful tomorrow!
No one has a comment to make about this idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom