The Spirit Takes the Fifth ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Do we even want to beg them to keep this version open? They may get the wrong idea.

no, we don't. But that is the problem here as there isn't a perfect solution. And if you don't complain about the plans to shutter it sans the money for a replacement being allocated than you wind up letting them shutter another pavilion. They have destroyed EPCOT one piece at a time.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Wow...
Life keeps me busy for a week or so and I miss so much.....stuff.

Star Wars in Disneyland? I was hoping they wouldn't go that route.
Frozen? Frozen what?
Princesses in World Showcase? Shoulda seen it coming.
MyTragic taking over a chunk of Sid's? I just threw up a little...
Imagination closing? Fine.
But, to save money instead of for a makeover? Somebody needs to be fired.
FP+ tiers? I knew things were only going to get worse.

*sigh* I need a cruise. And a trip to Disneyland.

You do. You really do. You also deserve a new Benz.

And Mrs. Lee ... She deserves better. Don't ever forget that!

BrianLo

Anyone care to weigh in with SDL attractions? Here is what I pulled out as C, D, E attractions (minus shows)

Roaring Rapid, Soaring Over the Horizon, “Once Upon a Time” Adventure, Hunny Pot Spin (Teacups), The many adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan’s Flight, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Dumbo, Carousel, Tron Lightcycles Power Run, Buzz Lightyear planet rescue, Rex’s Racers, Slinky Dog Spin, Pirates of the Caribbean

Not quite sure about Voyage to the Crystal Grotto (walkthrough or ride?), Siren’s Revenge, Jolly Gypsy...

Seems to really match the plans leaked oh so long ago.

aladdin2007

no, we don't. But that is the problem here as there isn't a perfect solution. And if you don't complain about the plans to shutter it sans the money for a replacement being allocated than you wind up letting them shutter another pavilion. They have destroyed EPCOT one piece at a time.

any idea of a timetable? I know you had stated not the original January date.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Yep. I would be curious to see how eisner would be reacting to the present state of WDW and what Uni is doing. For all his faults, I've got to think that his response would be more akin to "we'll show those Universal folks exactly who runs things in Orlando" and try to wow us in WDW compared to whatever crap Iger is doing.

This is the truth. Both Michael and Bob are quite arrogant. But Michael is competitive and would have NEVER allowed WDW to fall behind the competition on his watch. He would have been looking to one-up them at every chance.

Bob just insulates himself in his arrogance and pretends that because the Street loves his acquisitions that his own PR is the truth. Did you hear him sneer when an analyst dared ask him about UNI on his earnings call?

The Weatherman doesn't intend to compete with UNI. Like one of our less cerebral fanbois, he doesn't believe he has any competition.

RSoxNo1

I can now see why this area of Epcot is called Future World. The present state of the park is so bad everyone walks around Future World thinking I wonder what the Future of Wonders of Life might be like, I wonder what the Future of the Odyssey restaurant might be like , I wonder what the Future of the Imagination ride might be like , I wonder what the Future of Innoventions might be like, I wonder what the future of the Universe of Energy might be like. I wonder what the Future of the upstairs area of Image works might be like, I wonder what the Future of the Magic Eye Theater might be like. This is so depressing.
The Future is foreclosures and abandoned buildings. What was Stephen Colbert's line on Detroit? "Turns out Robocop was an optimistic view of Detroit's future." That seems to be the same approach Disney is taking with Epcot.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member

Exactly. Closing an attraction to replace it is one thing, closing it for budgetary reason is a whole 'noter batch of Deer Jerky. Even if the ride is widely disliked you just don't do it. It is a crappy way to operate and business model. Europe in the Air was widely disliked at BGW but this summer when they up and shuttered it to save on maintenance and staffing there was a loud voice heard.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Has anyone made the obligatory "Maybe they could hire some of the ObamaCare site people" joke yet? If not, I'd like to jump on that.

It really is a current, funny analogy with both having so much riding on a system that works. But Disney blames the guest 'cause the guests volunteered to be banded test rat ooops, mouse.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I wonder if they gave Kalogridis prompts to My Disney Experience media questions when they dumped it in his lap? :in pain: How stupid does this man think everyone but him is? :(

That was strike one for today Disney....

Then Iger on the View at Disneyland, sweetly talking about taking his grandchild for the child's first trip to Disneyland, Oh Puke! Cause he screams warm and fuzzy grandpa.:rolleyes:

That was strike two........

Plenty of time yet today for strike three :banghead:

I don't know Bob. I do know George.

I'd say they both greatly overestimate their smarts. No 172 IQs there.:D

RSoxNo1

SDL Treasure Cove:

Barbossa's Bounty
Doubloon Market
EASTSIDE PERFORMANCE VENUE
El Teatro Fandango
Explorer Canoes
Jolly Gypsy
Ocean Song
Pintel & Rigetti's Grub to Grab
Pirates of the Caribbean -- Battle for the Sunken Treasure
Shipwreck Shore
Siren's Revenge
The Snackin' Kracken
SPARROW'S NEST
Stunt Theater
Tortuga Treats

And there you have it ...all, apparently. The SDL opening day lineup.
I'm not going to lie, seems a bit light, but if they do the HKD move of 3 E-tickets in 5 years as an expansion it would be fine.

yeti

Wow! I can't wait to go to my happy circle to buy some rainbow frog trinkets while watching that jolly gypsy sing ocean songs down by the snackin' Kracken!

Seriously, GREAT scoop. Looks likes the most original launch lineup we've seen since DisneySea.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Thanks for the lists. Is it just me, or does it sound like there is a lot here which sound like things that Disney likes to call attractions, but which really aren't?

It is a menu of what the resort entails, obviously there are items that are not attractions. There are multiple things that I am not really sure what they are. But I hope to find out soon.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I have to see the original World of Color before I see Winter Dreams don't I? :cool: I don't think I'd be able to make it to disneya

Is Soaring Over the Horizon technically Soarin Over the World? And if it is will Epcot change its Soarin name to match SDL? Thanks for the info!

yes and no ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom