The Spirit Takes the Fifth ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Not much time, been a busy weekend. But did get a call from someone trusted who told me more disheartening news.

Imagination will still be closing in 2014, but not the original January 2nd date. HOWEVER, right now it will be closed simply go save on labor and maintenance ... Although plans exist for a thorough redo of the pavilion the current plan is to make up some LIE to foist upon folks and to sit back and let the building rot a la WoL.

If you care at all about the attraction's past or future, I urge you to contact Erin Youngs, George Kalogridis and Meg Crofton and express your displeasure. Once it is shut down, you are too late.

nytimez

Not much time, been a busy weekend. But did get a call from someone trusted who told me more disheartening news.

Imagination will still be closing in 2014, but not the original January 2nd date. HOWEVER, right now it will be closed simply go save on labor and maintenance ... Although plans exist for a thorough redo of the pavilion the current plan is to make up some LIE to foist upon folks and to sit back and let the building rot a la WoL.

If you care at all about the attraction's past or future, I urge you to contact Erin Youngs, George Kalogridis and Meg Crofton and express your displeasure. Once it is shut down, you are too late.

This post deserves its own thread, IMO. Anyone who cares about Epcot needs to read it.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Nice to see Garcia writing how everything is not so magical for MyTragic :)

I don't give Jason credit for much of anything, Martin. He is a weak reporter that largely rewrites press releases.

So what? He finally copied everything I -- and others -- have been saying here and elsewhere and the Sentinel labels it an exclusive? And where the eff has he been as the New York Times scoops him on his own TWO beats and he doesn't even follow up with anything on the Marvel gambling issue.

Weak.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
Epcot already has a the character spot in Future World don't really need Odyssey. Personally when it comes to World Showcase I like the characters meeting in their corresponding countries, Aladdin in Morocco, Alice and Pooh in England, etc.

EPCOT doesn't have a Princess greeting locale. That's what this will be.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I was looking on google earth, I dont see how they will add another big building of that size unless this means the demise of imagination and its show building? IF soarin is to have its own entrances/exits outside of the Land there doesnt look like all that much room back there or inbetween for that type of setup without either using all or part imaginations space in some way, or doing away with it all together. Im just trying to place the possible new layout. So is this why imagination was scheduled to close?

there is plenty of room and, no, imagination's situation has NOTHING to do with this and everything to do with $$$$ ...apparently, WDW just isn't making enough.

WDW1974

Original Poster
@WDW1974 does this SW info for DLR mean that WDW is getting a budget version or is it just possible we may get something better?

better??!!1 at WDW?!? Where the product has been Walmarted to the point where guests believe the entire purpose of the resort is to shill the Disney BRAND and that nostalgia for their past WDW vacations is the nostalgia the designers originally had in mind.

Seriously, just hope you get something at this point beyond bathrooms, retail and a cantina you'll have to book six months out.

HenryMystic

I was talking to our pal @epcotexplorer about this last night, and he is in extreme denial about it.

WDW1974

Original Poster
@WDW1974 ... is there even a whisper within Disney of doing a Cars Land Autopia if the Tomorrowland one disappears? It makes so much damn sense, and I think a ride like that is much appreciated. Add in the electric vehicles from HK and the Cars-style cars, and it would be a big hit. There's still some of the old Timon lot left behind Luigi's. I wouldn't even pause to mourn the Tomorrowland Speedway, but the DL Autopia is actually worthwhile.

I haven't heard of one, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been out on the table.

WDW1974

Original Poster
This post deserves its own thread, IMO. Anyone who cares about Epcot needs to read it.

Don't have the energy to deal with another thread. The smartest folks on MAGIC tend to gravitate to these threads and they are the ones most likely to co tact Disney execs and express outrage in a professional manner.

They might try positive spin too. Like announcing Soarin expansion and the new film, along with the new princess hall and another dining locale for the park at a bloggingwhores event where they talk about it beingreimagined in the future, but they have nothing go talk about at the moment

Alektronic

I guess they are really trying to save on labor and maintenance costs at Epcot, I heard they are going to combine the attraction maintenance depts. so they can eliminate some maintenance workers and some management.

PhotoDave219

it is a waste, but this is Disney and this is how it operates.
i am not sure people truly realize what a dysfunctional, chaotic, political mess this company really is.

I've been saying that for years. I know we differ on the book DisneyWar, but it does give a thorough representation of how toxic and awful the politics and disfunction inside TWDC grew, manifested and thrived. And that was 10 years ago.

This poison culture within management will eventually destroy the company through shortsightedness and pettyness.

The board is a rubber stamp and refuses to exercise any oversight. Tying executive compensation to the stock price was a horrible move and has disuaded any reinvestment in the company.

With MM+/Next Gen, Is anyone really shocked with the failures of the multiple IT contractors? (Heard a rumor that some of the outsourcing was overseas; can anyone confirm or deny it?)

This is the same company that brought you Go.Com and many failed internet ventures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom