The Spirit Takes the Fifth ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParentsOf4

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...spite-strong-results/articleshow/27811088.cms

Cut 15% to 34.3 million because even though the 2013 numbers were strong, they were not strong enough.
It's still up from $32 million 2 years ago.

$34.3 million is up 7% in 2 years, sandwiched between a nice big fat $8 million bump.

The average increase for Americans has been something below 2% for a while now.

Not bad for someone who's had 2 major film flops and a project in central Florida that's gobbling up cash.

PeterAlt

It's still up from $32 million 2 years ago.

$34.3 million is up 7% in 2 years, sandwiched between a nice big fat $8 million bump.

The average increase for Americans has been something below 2% for a while now.

Not bad for someone who's had 2 major film flops and a project in central Florida that's gobbling up cash.
Not to mention that the other big attraction in Central Florida is growing at a staggering rate, while growth at WDW has remained stagnant, or has even slowed, compared with previous years' rate of growth.

PhotoDave219

Concerning the new Disney Board member,

Remember, it is the stockholders who elect the Board. With George Lucas and the Jobs Family Trust being the major stockholders nows, you can expect more nominations like this. The creatives are on their way back!

Second, if you watch the Steve Jobs movie, you will see it took just one new Board member at Apple, who lead to the return of Steve Jobs. This is the beginning of a new beginning at Disney. It won't happen overnight, but the train has left the station!

It gives me cause to be optimistic. I'm in a wait-and-see mode with this company.

Me and a friend were discussing how the company has changed in the past ten years, back when we were spoiled by lower attendance.

jdmdisney99

So, I'll be heading to the world this spring. First time visiting Universal as well. It will be interesting to see and compare Diagon Alley and FLE from a first person point of view. I'm also intrigued by how MyMagic+ will affect the vacation. Will see then...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We spent billions of dollars buying Star Wars. Hmmm...quick...we have to show something for it. Have Darth Vader walk out of the Emporium in a cloud of smoke. DO IT!

I may be a Star Wars geek, but actually I liked it. Hijacking Santa's sleigh may be going too far though;).

Every time I see something Star Wars related at WDW I just shake my head and think what are they waiting for because it would work so well. Vader and the storm troopers could headline their own parade or even better be the finale of a Disney villains parade at DHS.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Are they still desperate to fill Aulani with warm bodies?

And no running spirited commentary on the parade?

He is on vacation, however did you know Walt Disney World just finished their newest addition to the Disney Vacation Club, The Victorian Villas? You too can have a magical vacation and schedule your fast passes from the convenience of your home! I have my Magic Band decked out with Star Wars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom