The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 3 - Discussion Thread

spacemt354

Chili's
I was bored and looking back through some old threads on here and came across an old ICS/ACS thread from like 2013. In it was this poster
photo1-jpg.104411

Look who's quoted :cool::p

Haha I remember saying that too. I came in when Master of the Parks ended and asked if I could join for a season two. I was here, checked back in everyone once in a while, but my time-management skills weren't up to par to set aside time to compete.

Glad I can now...and I stand by that quote too...this place is fun;)

spacemt354

Chili's
Team Goofy:

First of all, you guys did great on the presentation department! There's a few things here I'm iffy with. I'll totally acknowledge it as a biased taste thing on my end, but I'm not a fan of the Bourne films in the slightest (HATE the "shaky-cam" style a cinema snob who loves his long Kubrick style tracking shots ;) :p ) And I don't think enough time has passed to make the claim that the series features one of the best chases in film history. But again, this is just me as a film snob talking. :p

I love the idea for an Inception attraction, and I think it's a shame more isn't done with this IP. Absolutely fantastic exterior. I'm really iffy on the characters you guys choose here. Maybe I'm missing something, but why aren't Cobb, Arthur and company involved? Not to mention the names bothered my OCD on an EPIC scale. Every time I saw "Dr. Grant" I thought of this...

960x540.jpg

And every time I saw "Earnheart" I thought of this...

images

Character issues aside, the actual scenes in the attraction were very creative. Altogether this was a solid proposal that definitely had some rough spots.

Team Mickey

I really like everything here, the problem is I feel you got too ambitious with the walkthroughs. Sherlock Holmes sounds AWESOME as like...an exclusive Halloween Horror Nights experience type of event, but as a year round attraction it could potentially turn into a logistical nightmare. Poe was an inspired choice, but I wonder how many people would really be drawn in. I would definitely be drawn in, but I'm not too sure the general public is clamouring for something like this.

The Atrocious Attraction was GENIUS. As a long time fan of the series who's had the pleasure of seeing Lemony Snicket play accordion inches away from my face at a book signing, I can tell you this attraction captured the tone of the books really well. I started grinning ear to ear when I saw "To my dear riders..." and a warning about how awful the ride was going to be. Great stuff!

With that in mind, I feel like Team Goofy has the more realistic proposal out of the two even though Snickett might be my overall favorite of the attractions pitched. It's definitely a close call!

I cannot confirm or deny that I was flipping back and forth between Jurassic Park and the Pocono Race when I did the attraction on Sunday:cautious::p

That said, I'm pretty sure I changed the spelling to Earhart

And I didn't include Cobb or Arthur because I wanted an attraction that didn't feel like a rehash of the movie and Leo can't win an Oscar from a theme Park ride so he'd probably not do it:happy:

TheOriginalTiki

Fair enough, I understand maybe not having the two biggest celebrities in the film, but I think it would have served you really well to at least include one or two of the characters. Miles, Saito, Eames, they all have rich backstories that could be explored! I once did an attraction called "Inception: Mind Games" in which we went inside Saito's head. Honestly, the characters in the attraction feel like characters that would come out of an Agents of SHIELD type Inception TV show...And I don't mean that in a good way :p

DinoInstitute

Oddly enough the ride just stopped now. From what I can see up on the balcony portion of the queue the CMs seem to be looking at the track so maybe someone dropped something? :shrug:

EDIT: Tripple post by accident :p
All fixed!

Last edited:

Sam Magic

So umm, Mock Trials? @Sam4D23
Lols! Yeah, so we had to make videos for this thing called Bear Camp at my high school. Basically it's like an initiation for all the new kids and each club has to do a video. Lots of miscommunication led to me rushing to make a video for our Mock Trial club. I'm President of that one and Youth Legislature...I need to make those private.

Flippin'Flounder

Lols! Yeah, so we had to make videos for this thing called Bear Camp at my high school. Basically it's like an initiation for all the new kids and each club has to do a video. Lots of miscommunication led to me rushing to make a video for our Mock Trial club. I'm President of that one and Youth Legislature...I need to make those private.
Haha ok :p

JokersWild

I would like to go ahead and leave Sorcerers Apprentice this season on behalf of my team and the amazing competitiors in the boardroom.

I literally did absolutely nothing this comp when Sorcerers was rebooted after the spat. People who actually put effort in should be able to stay to finish. My schedule's looking a bit busier than expected, and I'd hate to be "dead weight" on Team Goofy - Especially for this competition that has been going on for years.

Though I love Apprentice, it's not in the cards this year, so I'm asking to be eliminated so that another competitor can be amazing while I get my mojo back on the forums. Thank you for understanding.
This is rather surprising. Incredibly sad to see you go. I'm especially sad that we didn't get a chance to work together this season.

Nevertheless, I do hope you stick around the boards :).

Sam Magic

I would like to say that MonorailRed has time and time again inspired me to be my best. To become a true imagineer, in how I interact with my teammates and the amount of effort and love I put into my projects. I'm incredibly sad to see her go, but I am thankful for all of her previous work as it will always serve as an inspiration for all of us. Thank you Red!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom