The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 3 - Discussion Thread

Matt7187

So what do you think about the DHS stuff? I know we talked about Frontierland a few pages back.

Kind of hope we have a Star Wars challenge this year.
I hope there isnt too much Star Wars, like make a big land in Indy space and around there, but don't go overkill. Same with Pixar, have some other ips in there too. Also, I really hope the muppets stay in some fashion (hopefully a ride in an expansion around Muppet vision. Muppeteers anyone? ;)).

Sam Magic

I hope there isnt too much Star Wars, like make a big land in Indy space and around there, but don't go overkill. Same with Pixar, have some other ips in there too. Also, I really hope the muppets stay in some fashion (hopefully a ride in an expansion around Muppet vision. Muppeteers anyone? ;)).
I would agree more or less.

I think a lot can be done with Star Wars and I want them to do it as big and grand as they can...make it worth visiting. As for Pixar I hope they do not go too big and save some room for Marvel and actual Disney IPs.

DinoInstitute

I was just on figment... I sat on the end and looked over at all twenty-ish people several times during the ride, and found it amusing how I repeatedly saw very unimpressed faces :p

Last edited:

Voxel

President of Progress City
Team Mickey. I love the idea of a Baker Street.. Until I saw Poe and then Later Daniel Handler... It seems as if you going with a British feel with the Scotland Yard, Sherlock, and Victorian Eateries, but you chose Two America Authors... I guess I can see the tie of mystery, but it just seemed out of place...

JokersWild

Team Mickey. I love the idea of a Baker Street.. Until I saw Poe and then Later Daniel Handler... It seems as if you going with a British feel with the Scotland Yard, Sherlock, and Victorian Eateries, but you chose Two America Authors... I guess I can see the tie of mystery, but it just seemed out of place...
The design changed a lot. It was originally a mystery-themed land with Holmes, Agatha Christie, and Clue-based attractions. I eventually thought it was redundant, so we expanded out to a few other authors and Victorian London (Dickens was a remnant of that). We went through a bunch of other authors until we settled on Holmes/ Poe/ Snicket. My reasoning for that is that each author would fit together from a design perspective as Poe and Snicket are ambiguous enough to fit within the London theme.

Voxel

President of Progress City
The design changed a lot. It was originally a mystery-themed land with Holmes, Agatha Christie, and Clue-based attractions. I eventually thought it was redundant, so we expanded out to a few other authors and Victorian London (Dickens was a remnant of that). We went through a bunch of other authors until we settled on Holmes/ Poe/ Snicket. My reasoning for that is that each author would fit together from a design perspective as Poe and Snicket are ambiguous enough to fit within the London theme.
That makes sense.. To Bad that you didn't stick with Agatha Christie.. Then I could hint that my prior work for the last UNI Challenge has "Inspired" both of the teams in this challenge..

Murder on the Orient Express
The exterior of the restaurant will be none other than the famed train the Orient Express.
Interior:
lossy-page1-1280px-Restaurant_Anatolie_configuration_2.tif.jpg

Based on Agatha's Christies famous book (later turned into a film), this dining experience will place guest into a rail car sized dining hall themed after the dining all from the famous Orient Express. A mahogany wood lines the walls and furniture with a white cloth covering each of the tables. To the side of each table, a pink topped lambs will lightly reflect against the window. While not the roomies of dining halls, the carriage will provide a realistic environment. The car will rattle and shimming back and forth during the greeting of guest and hostess, while the snowy landscape complete with falling snow rolls by the window. The cast of actresses and Actor will be seen walking in with the guest and walked towards the end of the carriage as if they are walking through the train to reach the next carriage.

Dinning will start when the drama of the night begins, a scream will come from the carriage as the body of Mr. Rachett is found stabbed to death in his locked carriage with the window open. The night will continue as the other 13 passengers convene in the dinning car, sitting amongst the guest as they discuss the murder and attempt to discover which one among the was the killer. To provide a varying experience for the guest one key thing will be changed from the original plot line, the Killer. The killer will change from show to show, allowing guest a new plot twist each time. To compensate for this, the cast will make changes to the script and make it up as they go at certain points as long as they follow the plot. Another elements to bring in guest involvement, the cast will treat the dining guest as fellow passenger's. So watch out, or you might find yourself among the accused.

Menu:

All tables include a Great British Cheese board feature a college of British cheeses such as West Country Farmhouse Cheddar, Mozzarella, Double Gloucester and Red Leicester for all guest to enjoy and experience. Includes a side of bread.

Main Course:

Seared salmon:

A pan seared Salmon accompanied by a lemon and mustard dressing, with a side of Crayfish and Steamed Vegetables.

Chicken Tarragon:

Sautéed chicken with broccoli cooked in a light garlic, white wine and tarragon sauce.

Seasonal Soup:

Ask your server what the season soup is.

Slow Cooked Beef:

A slow cook organic beef with roasted winter vegetables and potatoes.

Baked Eggplant Parmesan ~ Sliced eggplant breaded, baked and layered

with provolone cheese and marinara sauce.

Orecchiette with Rapini and Goat Cheese~ Slightly bitter rapini (also known as broccoli rabe), marries well with tangy goat cheese in a pasta recipe

Dessert

Triple Chocolate Mouse cake ~ Three luxurious layers of solid Mousse-Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate and Mocha Mousse atop a fudgy base of flourless chocolate cake and piled high with chocolate shavings.

Tempura Cheesecake ~ Cheesecake Tempura battered and friend, topped with chocolate ganache

White Chocolate Mouse ~ Two thick and lusty layers of satiny White Chocolate Mousse with a thin layer of moist yellow cake in between. Piled high with White Chocolate shavings.

Raspberries N’ Cream ~ A thick layer of intensely flavored pink Raspberry Mousse with center layers of chocolate cake, whipped cream and fresh raspberries. Finished with a Raspberry Glaze

Drinks

Sleeping Car

Apricot infused Cognac, Calvados, Lemon Juice, Mint and Bitters

Irish Coffee

A vanilla coffee mixed with an Traditional Irish Creme.

The Agatha

Old Tom Gin, lemon with house-made strawberry-sage soda

Orient Express

Smirnoff® Vanilla Twist vodka, with Frangelico® hazelnut liqueur, Bailey's® Irish cream, and espresso with a pinch of cream, cinnamon and sugar

Traditional Red and White wine list.

Water

Legend of Bond
Queue -

The line starts off as a library hallway off of the main hallways, on the corner of the hallway two signs stating "Action/Adventure" can be seen by the approaching guest. Underneath this sign a more subtle sign can be seen with the attraction name "Name here", towards the middle of the hallways, hanging from the ceiling a old Victorian clock can be seen showing off the time of day and the standby time.

Walking down the standby line, guest will be line by the titles of great novels around the world Asimov, Cussler, and Brown to name a few. At first it would seem like a tradition library hallway, but the closer guest get to "F" for Ian Fleming small changes and off putting things will be seen. First they will be small like a bullet hole next to a Dan Brown book, or books slowly being replaced by books in the "D" section. Finally as the are within feet of the "Fleming" location the hallway finally has completed it transition into a underground tunnel, turning around a corner guest will approach a steel door guarded by two MI6 soldiers standing at attention. There movements will be subtle and slowly the will allow groups into the their "Staging Room".

A group will walk through the steel door and into the underground MI6 bases where they will see agents working on computers and screens changing images showing "world renown" criminals. Passing through this area, guest will be shuffled into the first show room which will use Holograms to introduce Q. Q will welcome the new recruits and show off the latest of MI6 technologies. After a short introduction, Q will be interrupted by M stating that their is an Emergency, that Bond is in trouble, and all help is available.

The message ends with Q telling the guest to move on, stating the M is waiting and won't take tardiness. Guess will leave the technology lab and move towards the left where the technology lab will move into an office like room. A collection of knick knacks can be seen on the corner of the desk, along with a dozen small details. With the use of holograms agains, M will make here appearance by turning around her chair and facing the guest. M will explain that while this is not to protocol, MI6 needs all the help they can get. M will tell guest that she has prepared a car in the garage for the guest and that they will need to follow hallway where they will find their car awaiting.

Walking down the hallways, guest will hear alarms going off and the voices of various agents yelling and rushing about trying to get ready for the mission. Turning at the last door, guest will find theme selves in the MI6 garage, around them some of the famous bond cars can be seen including the one seen below. Finally guest will board their vehicle.
DB5-2.jpg

Ride Technology -

The ride vehicle for this attraction is a heavily modified variant of the ride system used in Test Track (Epcot), Radiator Springs(California Adventures), and Journey to the Center of the Earth(DisneySea). LIke theses vehicles, each car holds six passenger, three in the front row and three in the back row. Likewise, the Bond car can travel to speeds up to 65 miles per hour and provide a realistic driving experience that guest are sure to remember.

This is where the similarities end, underneath the chassis the bond car has four-wheel steering that will be use to emulate drifting, spin outs, and other technical maneuvers that are not available to previous vehicles. To accommodate for this technical improvement the guiding

Ride -

1) Once guest board the vehicle, the voice of Q (Voiced by the most recent Q Ben Winshaw) informing guest the standard safety protocol. At this time, Q will describe button in-front of each of the six passengers, stating that when the button lights up hit it. Q will continue to inform them that if they don't hit it, he will over ride the command from his remote location. While this spiel is occurring the car will move forwards slightly, turning left and stoping before a closed metal door and an MI6 safety agent who will precede to do a safety check

2) Once the safety check is approved, Q will stated that the first passenger needs to open the door by pressing the button in front of them. (The button will be random for each ride-through, so no two rides hypothetically will have the same quest pressing each activity) Once pressed, the doors in-front of them will open and the car will speed through the tunnels. The car will wind thorough the tunnels before popping out into the city scape of a London.

3) Entering into London, the car will slow down as they start driving down the road. The voice of Q comes over the air "Give me a second, I am triangulating the last known position of 007, .. Found him" The car will accelerating and turn left down an alley where the car will stop.

4) The voice of Q will come along the radio "Okay looks like we have found his last known location, run the built and scanner and see if we can get any trace of where they went". Once again another button will light up, having a guest press it. With this "evidence" will appear showing tire marks leaving out, Q: "They look fresh, follow them". The vehicle accelerates out following the glowing tire tracks.

5)The car will race through the back alley's following the tire tracks when they encounter the vehicle that matches tire prints, A fright full Q comes over the radio, "that must be the car that kidnaped Bond, Tag it). Another button lights up, after pressing the button a flare will shoot from the car and a tracker will attach itself Seconds after the tracker lands on the enemy vehicle they speed of into the shadows.

6)Q comes on the radio "After them they are getting away" The car floors it and drive off with Q saying directions, finally the ride drifts left and the car runs up the ramp and exits the show building and lands on top of the roof.

7)"They are right behind you" The button will light up allow a guest to activate the guns which shoot a oil container on the roof, but the ride vehicle and the chase car hit the oil slick. The sounds and vibrations chase vehicle rolling of the road and exploding near by, at this time the vehicle is spinning out. Q regains control of the vehicle, causing it to drift on the edge allowing guest to look down at the court yard.

8)Q: "It looks like Agent 007 didn't make it, Wait what is this, camera spotted a truck carrying bombs heading towards Headquarters, this was a distraction, You need to stop them now." The button lights up initiating the turbo mode, the car screams forwards and "jumps" off the roof and back into the London Streets.

9)The car will barrel down the streets, drifting into turns and hitting 65 mphs when in the distance a freight truck can be seen. Q: "That's it, stop it at all cost"

10) The final scene will have the riders screaming towards the MI6 entrance trying to stop the enemy car in front of them, when James Bond comes roaring in front of them and "ramming" the enemy car off of the road. His voice on the radio; "Thank you for the help" At this point Q's voice will come over the radio scream for them to hit the emergency brake, at which the car will screech to a halt as the tail swerves from the sudden braking.

11)The vehicle enters the garage and they unload.

Oh how I enjoy Uni Challenges.

JokersWild

That makes sense.. To Bad that you didn't stick with Agatha Christie.. Then I could hint that my prior work for the last UNI Challenge has "Inspired" both of the teams in this challenge..

Murder on the Orient Express
The exterior of the restaurant will be none other than the famed train the Orient Express.
Interior:
lossy-page1-1280px-Restaurant_Anatolie_configuration_2.tif.jpg

Based on Agatha's Christies famous book (later turned into a film), this dining experience will place guest into a rail car sized dining hall themed after the dining all from the famous Orient Express. A mahogany wood lines the walls and furniture with a white cloth covering each of the tables. To the side of each table, a pink topped lambs will lightly reflect against the window. While not the roomies of dining halls, the carriage will provide a realistic environment. The car will rattle and shimming back and forth during the greeting of guest and hostess, while the snowy landscape complete with falling snow rolls by the window. The cast of actresses and Actor will be seen walking in with the guest and walked towards the end of the carriage as if they are walking through the train to reach the next carriage.

Dinning will start when the drama of the night begins, a scream will come from the carriage as the body of Mr. Rachett is found stabbed to death in his locked carriage with the window open. The night will continue as the other 13 passengers convene in the dinning car, sitting amongst the guest as they discuss the murder and attempt to discover which one among the was the killer. To provide a varying experience for the guest one key thing will be changed from the original plot line, the Killer. The killer will change from show to show, allowing guest a new plot twist each time. To compensate for this, the cast will make changes to the script and make it up as they go at certain points as long as they follow the plot. Another elements to bring in guest involvement, the cast will treat the dining guest as fellow passenger's. So watch out, or you might find yourself among the accused.

Menu:

All tables include a Great British Cheese board feature a college of British cheeses such as West Country Farmhouse Cheddar, Mozzarella, Double Gloucester and Red Leicester for all guest to enjoy and experience. Includes a side of bread.

Main Course:

Seared salmon:

A pan seared Salmon accompanied by a lemon and mustard dressing, with a side of Crayfish and Steamed Vegetables.

Chicken Tarragon:

Sautéed chicken with broccoli cooked in a light garlic, white wine and tarragon sauce.

Seasonal Soup:

Ask your server what the season soup is.

Slow Cooked Beef:

A slow cook organic beef with roasted winter vegetables and potatoes.

Baked Eggplant Parmesan ~ Sliced eggplant breaded, baked and layered

with provolone cheese and marinara sauce.

Orecchiette with Rapini and Goat Cheese~ Slightly bitter rapini (also known as broccoli rabe), marries well with tangy goat cheese in a pasta recipe

Dessert

Triple Chocolate Mouse cake ~ Three luxurious layers of solid Mousse-Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate and Mocha Mousse atop a fudgy base of flourless chocolate cake and piled high with chocolate shavings.

Tempura Cheesecake ~ Cheesecake Tempura battered and friend, topped with chocolate ganache

White Chocolate Mouse ~ Two thick and lusty layers of satiny White Chocolate Mousse with a thin layer of moist yellow cake in between. Piled high with White Chocolate shavings.

Raspberries N’ Cream ~ A thick layer of intensely flavored pink Raspberry Mousse with center layers of chocolate cake, whipped cream and fresh raspberries. Finished with a Raspberry Glaze

Drinks

Sleeping Car

Apricot infused Cognac, Calvados, Lemon Juice, Mint and Bitters

Irish Coffee

A vanilla coffee mixed with an Traditional Irish Creme.

The Agatha

Old Tom Gin, lemon with house-made strawberry-sage soda

Orient Express

Smirnoff® Vanilla Twist vodka, with Frangelico® hazelnut liqueur, Bailey's® Irish cream, and espresso with a pinch of cream, cinnamon and sugar

Traditional Red and White wine list.

Water

Legend of Bond
Queue -

The line starts off as a library hallway off of the main hallways, on the corner of the hallway two signs stating "Action/Adventure" can be seen by the approaching guest. Underneath this sign a more subtle sign can be seen with the attraction name "Name here", towards the middle of the hallways, hanging from the ceiling a old Victorian clock can be seen showing off the time of day and the standby time.

Walking down the standby line, guest will be line by the titles of great novels around the world Asimov, Cussler, and Brown to name a few. At first it would seem like a tradition library hallway, but the closer guest get to "F" for Ian Fleming small changes and off putting things will be seen. First they will be small like a bullet hole next to a Dan Brown book, or books slowly being replaced by books in the "D" section. Finally as the are within feet of the "Fleming" location the hallway finally has completed it transition into a underground tunnel, turning around a corner guest will approach a steel door guarded by two MI6 soldiers standing at attention. There movements will be subtle and slowly the will allow groups into the their "Staging Room".

A group will walk through the steel door and into the underground MI6 bases where they will see agents working on computers and screens changing images showing "world renown" criminals. Passing through this area, guest will be shuffled into the first show room which will use Holograms to introduce Q. Q will welcome the new recruits and show off the latest of MI6 technologies. After a short introduction, Q will be interrupted by M stating that their is an Emergency, that Bond is in trouble, and all help is available.

The message ends with Q telling the guest to move on, stating the M is waiting and won't take tardiness. Guess will leave the technology lab and move towards the left where the technology lab will move into an office like room. A collection of knick knacks can be seen on the corner of the desk, along with a dozen small details. With the use of holograms agains, M will make here appearance by turning around her chair and facing the guest. M will explain that while this is not to protocol, MI6 needs all the help they can get. M will tell guest that she has prepared a car in the garage for the guest and that they will need to follow hallway where they will find their car awaiting.

Walking down the hallways, guest will hear alarms going off and the voices of various agents yelling and rushing about trying to get ready for the mission. Turning at the last door, guest will find theme selves in the MI6 garage, around them some of the famous bond cars can be seen including the one seen below. Finally guest will board their vehicle.
DB5-2.jpg

Ride Technology -

The ride vehicle for this attraction is a heavily modified variant of the ride system used in Test Track (Epcot), Radiator Springs(California Adventures), and Journey to the Center of the Earth(DisneySea). LIke theses vehicles, each car holds six passenger, three in the front row and three in the back row. Likewise, the Bond car can travel to speeds up to 65 miles per hour and provide a realistic driving experience that guest are sure to remember.

This is where the similarities end, underneath the chassis the bond car has four-wheel steering that will be use to emulate drifting, spin outs, and other technical maneuvers that are not available to previous vehicles. To accommodate for this technical improvement the guiding

Ride -

1) Once guest board the vehicle, the voice of Q (Voiced by the most recent Q Ben Winshaw) informing guest the standard safety protocol. At this time, Q will describe button in-front of each of the six passengers, stating that when the button lights up hit it. Q will continue to inform them that if they don't hit it, he will over ride the command from his remote location. While this spiel is occurring the car will move forwards slightly, turning left and stoping before a closed metal door and an MI6 safety agent who will precede to do a safety check

2) Once the safety check is approved, Q will stated that the first passenger needs to open the door by pressing the button in front of them. (The button will be random for each ride-through, so no two rides hypothetically will have the same quest pressing each activity) Once pressed, the doors in-front of them will open and the car will speed through the tunnels. The car will wind thorough the tunnels before popping out into the city scape of a London.

3) Entering into London, the car will slow down as they start driving down the road. The voice of Q comes over the air "Give me a second, I am triangulating the last known position of 007, .. Found him" The car will accelerating and turn left down an alley where the car will stop.

4) The voice of Q will come along the radio "Okay looks like we have found his last known location, run the built and scanner and see if we can get any trace of where they went". Once again another button will light up, having a guest press it. With this "evidence" will appear showing tire marks leaving out, Q: "They look fresh, follow them". The vehicle accelerates out following the glowing tire tracks.

5)The car will race through the back alley's following the tire tracks when they encounter the vehicle that matches tire prints, A fright full Q comes over the radio, "that must be the car that kidnaped Bond, Tag it). Another button lights up, after pressing the button a flare will shoot from the car and a tracker will attach itself Seconds after the tracker lands on the enemy vehicle they speed of into the shadows.

6)Q comes on the radio "After them they are getting away" The car floors it and drive off with Q saying directions, finally the ride drifts left and the car runs up the ramp and exits the show building and lands on top of the roof.

7)"They are right behind you" The button will light up allow a guest to activate the guns which shoot a oil container on the roof, but the ride vehicle and the chase car hit the oil slick. The sounds and vibrations chase vehicle rolling of the road and exploding near by, at this time the vehicle is spinning out. Q regains control of the vehicle, causing it to drift on the edge allowing guest to look down at the court yard.

8)Q: "It looks like Agent 007 didn't make it, Wait what is this, camera spotted a truck carrying bombs heading towards Headquarters, this was a distraction, You need to stop them now." The button lights up initiating the turbo mode, the car screams forwards and "jumps" off the roof and back into the London Streets.

9)The car will barrel down the streets, drifting into turns and hitting 65 mphs when in the distance a freight truck can be seen. Q: "That's it, stop it at all cost"

10) The final scene will have the riders screaming towards the MI6 entrance trying to stop the enemy car in front of them, when James Bond comes roaring in front of them and "ramming" the enemy car off of the road. His voice on the radio; "Thank you for the help" At this point Q's voice will come over the radio scream for them to hit the emergency brake, at which the car will screech to a halt as the tail swerves from the sudden braking.

11)The vehicle enters the garage and they unload.

Oh how I enjoy Uni Challenges.
That is exactly why I didn't want to keep Agatha Christie, actually :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom