The Sole Imagineer: An Imagineering Competition

Matt7187

Episode 3 Immunity Challenge
It's ICE to Meet You!

Your task is to create a Frozen-themed expansion at the Magic Kingdom. Your land must include 2 attractions, a meet and greet and a restaurant. In addition, your proposal must include posters for your attractions and restaurant. The rest is up to you!

In this alternate, amazing universe, Frozen has not invaded Maelstrom. Instead, it is receiving a major addition in the park where it belongs- The Magic Kingdom. We invite you to visit our website and see the new additions to Fantasyland right here!

tcool

4045849_orig.png

5987517_orig.png

8796732_orig.png

Imagine a land where Ice Castles rise from the ground, snowmen amble about, and princesses come in pairs. It is a land of two climates: one cold and unforgiving, the other warm and inviting. Come with us now, as we step into this land thousands have only dreamt of. This is Arendelle. This is the Ice Mountain. This is Frozen.
In order to place the our land in our desired location, we need to reroute one of the holding ponds to the east of the Magic Kingdom. Without going into excruciating detail, the pond will be drained, land will be reclaimed for the majority of the land, and water will be replaced in a newly made pond in order to make Arendelle the seaside port it is

3567070_orig.png

16268767249_16cb2631aa_o.jpg

Frozen Spirt - Ice Palace Lightshow-
Watch Elsa’s Ice Palace light up the night to popular music from the movie Frozen. Shows will take place every half hour after dark except at Fireworks time.

North Mountain Bobsleds
Bobsleds are some of the most fun coasters. Sadly, however, they are a dying ride system. Finally, the bobsled is coming to Walt Disney World. Guests can climb to the peak of the North Mountain and ride down on an intense and fun bobsled track, weaving through caves and ice caverns. But beware! Marshmallow lurks through the North Mountain's deepest caves.

Wandering Oaken's Big Buffet Blowout
Yoo hoo! Are you hungry? We are having a Big Buffet Blowout! Only $15.99 for all you can eat. Please try our food.

As you can tell, I am not a writer. The Wandering Oaken invites you into his shop for some of the most delicious food in Arendelle. Reservations are required

As guests wander through the wilderness mountainous region of Arendelle they come upon a cave. Guests can get in line for Anna and Elsa and once their inside the caves they enter a big cave like cavern. And who's in this cavern you may ask? Why it's Olaf! Olaf will talk to guests while they wait in the line for the sisters of Arendelle. Olaf will be controlled by a hidden cast member that tells it what to say. Once guests exit this large cavern they enter a smaller tunnel for a room containing Anna & Elsa. Guests take their picture with them and then leave. (They have time to interact with them as well not just that picture)
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2013/10/frozen-characters.jpg

The port city of Arendelle will be the main departure point for the expansion. It will house the main thrill ride for the land as well as other shops, meet and greets, and eateries. The architecture will match that of the film. Landscaping will be reminiscent of a Scandinavian city in the summer. All buildings will be of similar size to the other buildings in Fantasyland.
15837178853_334ae07632_o.jpg

Courtyard Deli & Bakery –

In the courtyard of Arrendelle’s Village in this quaint Deli & Bakery run by Kai & Gerda. They serve many delicious options for all to enjoy!

Entrée :

• Ham & Swiss Cheese Sandwich (Special order can be made for no cheese)
  • Turkey & Provolone Cheese Sandwich (Special order can be made for no cheese)
  • Grilled Chicken Sandwich
  • Bologna & American Cheese Sandwich (Special order can be made for no cheese)
  • Make your own Veggie Sandwhich! (2 slices of bread)
Kids :

• Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich
    • Chicken Nuggets
Toppings Bar :

• Lettuce, Tomatoes, Pickles, Olives, Onions, Spinach, Mayonnaise, Ketchup, Mustard, Barbecue Sauce.
Arrendelle Chocolate Deserts:

• Chocolate Chip Cookies
    • Chocolate Covered Goodies (Strawberries, Pineapples, Marshmallows, Rice Krispy Treats, and Bananas)
    • Chocolate Fudge Brownie with Walnuts (Special Order may request no walnuts)
    • Chocolate Platter (Contains Pieces of Milk, Dark, White, Caramel, Mint, and Cookies and Crème)
    • Chocolate Cake with Mickey Sprinkles
Sides :

• Fries (Potato or Sweet Potato)
    • Sliced Apples with or without Caramel Dipping Sauce
    • Bag of Chips (Lay’s Potato Chips Baked)
Drinks :

• Water
    • Milk (Chocolate + White)
    • Coca-Cola Standard Soda Array
    • In Summer Tonic (Lemonade)
Seasonal :

• Chocolate Pumpkin Pie – A specialty desert that only comes during fall. A Yummy sweet for everyone!
    • Fixer Upper Cocoa – A specialty drink that comes once a year during the Holidays. This hot cocoa drink will be a fixer upper for any day!
Meet and GreetsKristoff and Sven Meet and Greet
In the courtyard in front of the majestic castle of Arendelle is the marketplace where Kristoff and Sven like to hang out periodically. Here guests cant meet the dynamic duo and listen to them tell stories of their adventures. They may even start singing their famous duet of “Raindeer Are Better Then People” if you are lucky.

Kristoff is a face character while Sven is a next generation interactive free roaming audio-animatronic similar to lucky the dinosaur but far more advanced. Sven will be pulling a cart which houses all the vital electronics that make him work. Sven will be controlled by a backstage performer who is reacting to cues given by guests and Kristoff.

Street Performances

Arendelle Ice Carving
Professional ice carvers from Arendelle come out into the marketplace and perform speed ice carvings for everyone to see. Watch as they turn a solid block of Ice into a beautiful work of art with basic tools in less then 20 minutes. Performed multiple times per day.

Arendelle Choir
Come see the royal choir of Arendelle perform the classic songs of Arendelle and traditional Norwegian music. Variety of songs from traditional choir songs to new classic favorites from the movie Frozen will be performed and the roster of songs will constantly be changing. Performances happen multiple times per day.

Troll Acrobats
Come see impressive acrobatics performed in the Castle marketplace. Highly skilled performers will come do impressive acrobatics to the music from the movie Frozen for audiences to see . Performs will be dressed in costumes to make them look lie the trolls from the movie.

The Crystal Festival -

Queue -
The queue starts at the edge of the forest. As guests walk through the will see little stem geysers, and smaller trees. The queue will progress until it starts to look like Rock Troll Territory. Eventually guests will run into Grand Pabbie who is under a structure made of stone and leafs (Protection from the elements)

Grand Pappie : Ah you must be friends of Kristoff yes? We have started to celebrate The Crystal Festival. Come dance with us!

Guests will then be told by a cast member where to go to dance in the festival.

Ride Stats & Info -
  • Attraction Type: Double Himalaya Flat Ride
  • Ride Vehicle: Rock Trolls
  • Theme: Rock Trolls of Frozen
  • Number of Vehicles: 2
  • Amount of riders per vehicle: 88
  • Rows: 44
  • Riders per Row: 2
  • Duration: 90 seconds + 1 Minute for loading/unloading = 2 Minutes and 30 seconds Total
  • Riders per Hour: 2,112
  • Riders per day: 21,120 - 38,016
  • Height Restriction: None
Ride Experience -

Safety Spiel : Thank you for coming to the crystal festival! Please keep your body, and objects inside the vehicle at all times. Watch the children please thank you!

Guests will pick which rock troll they want to dance with and sit on them. Once the ride is ready starts an instrumental version of Fixer Upper as guests up, down, and around a tall rock which has crystal growing on it. Climbing this tall rock will be some of the younger rock trolls and 2 of the older ones keeping watch. Guests will keep spinning up and own unaware of the arms doing so as those are covered by what looks rock and moss. This ride is also covered to be able to run in the rain. After the 90 second the rock trolls thank you for dancing at the crystal festival and let you leave.

Last edited:

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 3 Immunity Challenge Critiques

Baxtanu-

@Zweiland, @Vipraa, @tcool, @LittleGiants16 and @JokersWild

You guys had a great submission this week! However, it was late. I've done some thinkign and I will say that 3 minutes late isn't bad. So, you will not be held accountable this time. But don't do it again! ;):p

- I wish you had put a title on top of the post to make it more pronounced
- I LOVE the posters! However, I wish you had put them with their respective attractions/restaurants to add clarification, because I wasn't sure exactly what they were until I read about them
- The "Coming Soon to Fantasyland" was really nice, good job!
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE the opening paragraph. Whoever did this, outstanding job!
Imagine a land where Ice Castles rise from the ground, snowmen amble about, and princesses come in pairs. It is a land of two climates: one cold and unforgiving, the other warm and inviting. Come with us now, as we step into this land thousands have only dreamt of. This is Arendelle. This is the Ice Mountain. This is Frozen.
- The map was very nice, but it made it unclear whether the paths to land went over or under the tracks.
- Also, the pathway in the land itself is very close to the train tracks and even worse, the train station . In my opinion, it would ruin the theme by having a train go by every 5-10 minutes.
- I like the lights show, it's great or what it is.
- The video was great! Good job @Vipraa
- The titles in the post should have been bolded
- Another coaster? Gosh... I see how the bobsled coaster fits in and I admire you guys for bringing it back... But MK already has 4 Coaster, 2 of which are in Fantasyland. In addition, the Barnstormer is literally right next door!
-
Yoo hoo! Are you hungry? We are having a Big Buffet Blowout! Only $15.99 for all you can eat. Please try our food.
What's with this sentence? ;)
- That next paragraph... was interesting. I had no idea it was for meet and greet until you mentioned the characters. A title would have been nice, especially to differentiate the Wandering Oakens and the M&G
- I like the Kristoff Meet and Greet
- I like the street performances as well
- Um... Why is there a flat ride? I was under the impression there would be a dark ride, according to the map
- I really wish you had actually went through with a dark ride...
- A concluding sentence would have been nice

Overall, Baxtanu did a great job this week, but failed to execute a dark ride and had many formatting issues and small errors to their submission. However, they did have all of the required elements.

Sklaronah-
@IDInstitute, @JoseLorenzo, @TheOriginalTiki, @englanddg, @Matt7187 and @InfiniteRightEar97

Great job this week, guys! Let's see how you did:

-I like the opening paragraph, short and sweet
- I LOVE the style of the website, phenomenal job!
- I like the map, but there wasn't any key, so I was VERY confused as too what everything was. Especially on the top of the first page you see when you come to the site
- It doesn't seem that you did anything to hide the Little Mermaid show building...
- I like the opening paragraphs, but they're nowhere near as good as Baxtanu's opening paragraph
- For Elsa's Celebrate the night, I feel that multiple showtimes would have been better. If hundreds or thousands of screaming girls dressed as Elsa are there for one showtime, things will easily descend into madness
- Why put Elsa's Celebrate the night on the overview page?
- I LOVE the Dark Ride Poster, well done!
- The name is a little... off. The whole point of Frozen is that it's a tale of two sisters, but you named it after one? Sure, you may argue that we mainly follow Anna, but Elsa is there in spirit. Just because one character isn't in most of the scenes doesn't mean that they have a lesser significance to the story
- I like the trackless idea
-
Upon entering the castle, the first location guest will come upon is a grand staircase room that was seen during "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" where Elsa last saw her parents before their untimely demise.
Demise? Really? :p
- I love the idea of the queue going through time, I nice unique twist
- I think a bigger vehicle would have been better. I mean, Anarctica has 8 people per vehicle, it's not that hard.
- I'm confused as too how these characters will interact. Will they be told through a screen? Animatronics?
- I have no other complaints about the ride, well done!
- The Olaf's Summer Fun Poster was a little messy
- I like the idea of the bumper boats, but they seem to have a really low capacity, similar to Luigi's Flying Tires... But worse
- Sure, another Princess Dining Table Service is nice, but in my opinion a tad bit unnecessary. But, the demand is high, so I see why you did it.
- I really enjoyed the menu, well done @englanddg!
- I love the Living Rock Theater Poster!
- I like the idea, but another thing having the word "Coronation" in it is a little bit too much
- The songs are really out of order
- Why would Do You Want to Build a Snowman come after Let it Go and For the First Time in Forever?
- I like the idea of Wandering Oaken's, but I wish you had gone into more depth with the Merchandise
- IMPORTANT:
Where's the meet and greet?
Your land must include 2 attractions, a meet and greet and a restaurant.
You may argue that a character table service is a M&G, but the average day guest won't get in because of the high demand to meet Anna and Elsa.

In sum, Sklaronah did a great job this week, but many minor errors and their lack of a meet and greet may be just enough to make them lose this challenge.​

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 3 Immunity Challenge Results

The winning team is Sklaronah

The losing team is Baxtanu.

Overall, Sklaronah had a more clear and thought-out proposal, so that is why they have won.

HOWEVER:

I have decided to take action. @JoseLorenzo has not been chosen to be a part of the three musketeers.

I agree that @IDInstitute, @englanddg and @TheOriginalTiki don't deserve to go home when one of their tribe mates hasn't been active and hasn't been on the forums in over a week. But, I'm not one to disqualify people unless they do something truly terrible. So I decided to give Jose a chance. Here's what I wrote:

However, I'm not one to just blatantly eliminate contestants. So, I decided to give you a chance.

If you post 3 productive posts EVERY day until an eventual elimination, you may stay in the competition. OR, you may choose to appropriately step down now and do the right thing.

If you choose the first option and do not fulfill your end, you will be disqualified.

In my opinion, I see that you are extremely busy. You aren't participating anyways, so why take away someone's chance if they are working every day, around the clock to pull a submission together? I think it would be best to step down now, as there won't be a tribal this challenge.

I will give you until Thursday, February 6, 2015 at 8:00 PM EST to make a decision. If you do not make a decision by then, I will assume that you have chosen to leave the competition.

As an Imagineer, a host, and an internet friend, I suggest you do the honorable thing and step down.

So, he never responded.

I know I said that the "one post per day" rule was more of a suggestion. But, in this circumstance, I'm going to enforce it.

I'm sorry if something really important popped up, but it's what has to be done.

@JoseLorenzo, thank you for playing. But, the time has come.

probst-snuffs-kelly-torch.jpg

This episode, there will not be Imagineer's Council. We will continue immediately to Episode 4.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 4 Reward Challenge
Hungry, Hungry Hippos

Welcome back to Disney's Animal Kingdom! For today's challenge, we're working with food!

Animal+Kingdom+Hippo+Close+Up.JPG

Today, you must create an all new restaurant at Disney's Animal Kingdom. This all new dining experience must be a table service location. That's it the rest is up too! However, you have 30 hours.

Your submission must be turned in by Sunday, February 8, 2015 at 3:30 PM EST. You must create your concept in your team PM that @MA Screamin' and I will watch over. In addition, your proposal must include no more than 15 imagines and no less than 5 sentences. You have 30 hours, so make the most of it.

TheOriginalTiki

Tomorrow night at 6 PM pacific, 9 PM Eastern, I'll be going live with @Voxel for a completely revamped "The Sole Imagineer Tribal Council" recap show.

I'm very happy to have Vox on board as an outside observer to make the conversation flow a bit more naturally. @LittleGiants16 is still more than welcome to attend any shows that fit into his schedule, but having Vox as a co-host will be my fail-safe in case one or the other can't make it.

In addition to Voxel as the new co-host, we'll also be introducing a brand new segment meant to shed some more light on the Baxtanu side of the game. A new segment in which I ask the daring question...Why, Zwei??

I'll be asking @Zweiland various questions about events that have gone down in the past episode from his perspective. This is to give the podcast a glimpse into the Baxtanu dynamics in the event LittleGiants isn't able to make it.

One more thing...this totally isn't a deal-breaker, but it'd be nice if the results to this reward challenge were posted after the show is over just so were not trying to juggle two different episodes worth of events. If you need to post the results as soon as you can to fit into your schedule, @RMichael21, I completely understand. From a selfish "production" stand-point on my end if you could hold off I would appreciate it :)

RMichael21

Original Poster
One more thing...this totally isn't a deal-breaker, but it'd be nice if the results to this reward challenge were posted after the show is over just so were not trying to juggle two different episodes worth of events. If you need to post the results as soon as you can to fit into your schedule, @RMichael21, I completely understand. From a selfish "production" stand-point on my end if you could hold off I would appreciate it :)
The reason why the due date is early is because I need to get through critiques and results earlier then usual. Everything happens for a reason. ;)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Episode 4 Reward Challenge
Hungry, Hungry Hippos

16285066619_cbd7c5ac94_z.jpg

Welcome back to Disney's Animal Kingdom!
For today's challenge, we're working with food!

Today, you must create an all new restaurant at Disney's Animal Kingdom. This all new dining experience must be a table service location. That's it the rest is up too! However, you have 30 hours.

15848638874_0d1be7279f_z.jpg

Suruchi is a restaurant inspired by the area where Asian and Indian foods combine. It takes place in building themed after a Taktsang Monastery.

006-Taktsang.jpg

Guests follow a winding uphill trail, decorated with colorful flags and mysterious shrines, that leads to the restaurant itself, ending in a cliff walk with the river below as you approach the restaurant. The restaurant building itself appears to be built into the side of Mount Everest.

15848638864_d46e5dae09_z.jpg

Once inside, beautiful skylights lend a natural and airy feeling to the interior.

The backstory is that the Suruchi Monastery has been around for centuries, but as the legends of the Yeti began to gain international attention, which attracted visitors from around the world to scale and explore the Everest Mountain range and surrounding areas, the monks opened a restaurant to service this flood of tourists.

The restaurant will serve breakfast, and will serve the same menu during lunch and dinner services. Meals cost 1 Credit on the Disney Dining Plan.

The menu is based on a pan-asian blend with Indian influences.

Breakfast
16469415711_2fe016aa1d_b.jpg

Breakfast offers a blend of exotic Indian foods as well as more traditional offerings such as sausage, bacon, hash browns and waffles.
Thali Plate
Vegan options available
A traditional carrot paratha flatbread topped with a fried egg cooked to order and served with seasonal sides such as:
  • Uppma made with yellow grits and green peas
  • Grilled cauliflower and herbs
  • Yogurt with a hint of fresh vanilla and fresh seasonal berries and fruit
  • Potato curry with carrots (spicy upon request)
  • Keema, a spicy traditional Indian chili (spicy upon request)
All items on the Thali Plate may also be ordered a la carte. Also, for a vegan option, the yogurt and egg may be replaced upon request.

Scrambled Egg Masala
Spicy - Non-spicy Upon Request
Vegetarian Friendly

Eggs, white onion, tomatoes and green chilis spiced and sauteed in butter. Served with a crispy flatbread.

Saag Paneer Omelet
Vegetarian Friendly

A fragrant 3 egg omelet made with aromatic curd cheese, spinach and mustard greens, paneer and seasoned with turmeric, cayenne and ginger to form a dense omelet that is browned in Ghee, a butter with caramelized milk solids, which gives it a sweet and heady flavor. Served with a crispy flatbread.

Moong Dal Cheela
Vegan and Vegetarian Friendly
A savory pancake with a garlic and cumin mung bean paste, chopped vegetables and paneer.

Bacon Wrapped Sausages
Available as an addition to any plate, as a shared family serving size or as a stand alone breakfast served with eggs, Uppma and vanilla yogurt and seasonal berries.

Other Offerings
Fresh Espresso, Teas, and Coffee
Hand squeezed orange and grapefruit juices
Various fresh house made pastries

16470208662_1395d9cfec_b.jpg

Chili Bhaji
Spicy

Spicy green chilies stuffed with potatoes seasoned with turmeric, cumin and lemon, then battered in a spicy tempura and served with a cool cilantro tomato salsa.

Potato and Onion Samosas
Potato, peas, chopped onion and mint leaves with authentic spices blended together and stuffed into crispy pastry and served with a mint tamarind chutney.

Masala Papad
Crisp lentil crackers formed into a cone and toasted, then stuffed with chopped tomato, onion, cilantro, mint and fresh spices.

Seekh Kabob
Vegan and Vegetarian Options Available
Available in chicken, lamb, turkey or vegetable, a savory kabob is formed with spices, onions and garlic and fire roasted. Served with a Mint Chutney dipping sauce.

Chicken Tikka
Boneless marinated chicken roasted on a skewer with bell peppers and red onions until warm and juicy, served with a Mint Chutney

Roti Canai
Flaky layered flatbread served with a savory dipping sauce of crushed and seasoned lentil beans.

Paneer Bhojanic
Vegetarian Friendly

Indian cheese sauteed with garlic, curry leaves and mustard seeds with a tangy tomato and onion masala.

Shrimp Bhojanic
Jumbo shrimp stuffed with garlic and curry leaves and grilled and served with a tangy tomato and onion masala.

Chicken 65
Spicy - Non-spicy upon request
Marinated roasted chicken seasoned with mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chilis. Served with a cool dipping sauce.

Paneer 65

Marinated roasted Indian Cheese tempered with mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chilis. Served with a cool dipping sauce.

16471152085_d68b0f93f4_b.jpg

All soups are served with authentic house-made Tandoori Naan Bread.
Garden Salad
Mixed greens with chopped tomato, cucumber and onions and drizzled with a lemon vinaigrette.

Thali Salad

Mixed greens served with a choice of 2 meats or 2 vegetables, or 1 meat and 1 vegetable and drizzle with a curry dressing.

Mixed bean and Mandarin Salad
Several varieties of seasoned cooked beans and mandarin oranges served over mixed greens with a tamarind dressing.

Tandoori Chicken Salad
Mixed greens with spicy strips of boneless Tandoori Chicken and a spicy tandoori dressing.

Bhojanic Shrimp Salad
Shredded greens and cabbage with our famous bhojanic jumbo shrimp tossed in and drizzled with a tangy and spicy vinaigrette.

Seekh Kebab Salad
Your choice of Seekh Kebab (chicken, lamb, turkey or vegetable) freshly skewered and cooked to order and served over a bed of warm mixed greens and drizzled with a cool raita (yogurt) dressing.

Paneer 65 Salad
Paneer 65 cooked fresh to order and served over a bed of warm mixed greens.

Sprouted Moong Salad
Sprouted green mung beans are tossed with chopped cucumber, baby corn, and cashews. Then, sweetness is added with pomegranate seeds, kishmish (a dried grape variety, like a raisin), grated coconut. Spiced with coriander leaves and green chili, and tossed in freshly squeezed lemon juice.

Chicken Malai Tikka Soup
A creamy and smooth soup with chunks of shredded grilled chicken breast and drizzled with fresh cream and freshly chopped basil.

Veg Hara Bhara Soup
Mixed vegetables in a clear and satisfying vegetable ginger broth, seasoned with cardamom and turmeric.

Tomato Chatpata
A rich Indian take on tomato soup. Whole tomatoes are pureed and seasoned liberally with whole spices. Topped with chopped cilantro.

Red Lentil Soup
A thick and savory soup made with red lentils, tomatoes, chopped carrots and onions, and seasoned with minced garlic, fresh ground ginger and turmeric.

15851073003_a5832b0808_b.jpg

Tandoori Paratha
A whole wheat layered flat bread cooked in a tandoor oven.

Chapati
A whole wheat flat bread. A perfect compliment for any of our signature Curries.

Tandoori Naan
A light leavened bread cooked in a tandoor oven. Available in plain or garlic, and served with an array of hummus options

Tava Paratha
Whole wheat layered flat bread toasted with butter in a skillet.

Makki Ki Roti
A traditional Punjabi spicy cornbread. Excellent with our signature soups or with honey saffron butter.

Papadam
Lentil Crackers served with mint and tamarind chutney

16285258437_3e0f395c2c_b.jpg

Chaat is the term for traditional and popular Indian Street Food
Pani Puri
Spicy

Puffed pastry rounds stuffed with potatoes, garbanzo beans, tamarind chutney, and jaljeera (a tangy mint water made with raw mangoes, mint leaves and chilies).

Bhel Puri
Puffed rice toasted until crispy and tossed with onions, potato, cilantro, garlic, tamarind chutney, mint chutney and drizzled with a spicy and sweet sauce.

Dahi Puri
Puffed pastry rounds filled with yogurt, potatoes, garbanzo beans, mint and tamarind chutney and topped with chopped cilantro and crispy noodles.

Chaat Papri
Crispy Chapati chips topped with chopped grilled potatoes, garbanzo beans, yogurt and a mint and tamarind chutney.

Samosa Chaat
Potato and pea samosas topped with spicy yogurt, tamarind chutney, mint chutney and roasted cumin.

Mixed Bean and Mandarin Chat
Mixed bean and mandarin orange salsa served with crispy Chapati chips

Kathi Rolls
Layered flat bread sandwiches filled with your choice of chicken, turkey or paneer and topped with a fried egg, mint chutney, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onions.

16471152415_5e043a3c2f_b.jpg

Lamb Curry
Spicy Upon Request
Boneless lamb stewed with ginger, garlic and chopped white onion with fresh whole spices in a warm and refreshing yogurt gravy.

Shrimp Curry
Spicy Upon Request
Whole jumbo shrimp with tomato, garlic, ginger and chopped white onions spiced with curry leaves and fresh whole spices.

Goat Curry
Spicy Upon Request
Tender goat meat on the bone, stewed with garlic, ginger and chopped white onion with fresh whole spices in a warm and refreshing yogurt gravy.

Fish Curry
Spicy Upon Request
Tilapia cooked in garlic, tomato, ginger and fresh whole spices, served in a savory broth.

Chicken Curry
Spicy Upon Request
Whole jumbo shrimp with tomato, garlic, ginger and chopped white onions spiced with curry leaves and fresh whole spices.

Beef Curry
Spicy Upon Request
Rib meat on the bone, stewed with garlic, ginger and chopped white onion with fresh whole spices in a warm and refreshing yogurt gravy.

Vegetable Curry
Spicy Upon Request

Yellow onion, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, chopped tomatoes, carrots and baby spinach make up this decadent dish seasoned with coriander, cumin, garlic and turmeric and served in a warm vegetable and coconut milk broth.

Biryani
Spicy Upon Request
Vegan or Vegetarian Options Available

Fragrant rice layered with meats or vegetables, fried white onions and seasoned with saffron. Served with raita (a cool yogurt sauce), mixed spicy pickles and a lentil papadum (a traditional crispy flatbread).

Thali (Combination Platters)
Serves 2
Spicy Upon Request

Thalis is a family style experience that allows you to choose smaller portions of our incredible dishes to try. All Thalis combination platters are served with Rice Pulao, lentil papadum, mixed spicy pickles, raita and a small side salad of tomatoes, onions and chili with lemons.

Choose any five from the options below:

Lamb Curry, Shrimp Curry, Goat Curry, Beef Curry, Chicken Curry
Vegetable Curry, Mango Chutney, Tamarind Chutney
Fresh Vegetables of the Day (ask your server for todays list)

-or-

Add any of our Chaat, Soup, Salad or Appetizer Options for a nominal upcharge

16470207852_1da0c36689_b.jpg

Gulab Jamun
Vegetarian Friendly
Golden fried khoya (thickened milk cheese) balls drizzled in a saffron induced syrup and topped with shaved coconut.

Sandeesh
Vegetarian Friendly
A sweet paste made with cottage cheese, cardamom and saffron and stuffed with fresh fruit.

Modak
A sweet flour steamed dumpling stuffed with coconut, jaggery (concentrated sugar cane juice), nutmeg and saffron.

Aam Shrikhand
Vegetarian Friendly
Sweetened hung curd are spiked with vanilla extract and zesty mango chunks

Payasam
A creamy rice and milk pudding with cashews and raisins.

Kulfi
A rich frozen dessert made with thickened Almond Milk, pureed mangos and sliced pistachios.

16283460808_e614c5d58f_b.jpg

Kachumber Cooler
Crushed cucumber, green chili pepper, and cilantro blended with a splash of gin.

Watermelon Mojito
A tangy lime rum mojito with sweet watermelon juice, the perfect compliment to our spicy food options.

Tamarind Margarita
A careful blend of all the tastes, this drink is salty, bitter, sweet, hot and sour all in one. A base of line is added with triple sec and tequila and seasoned with tamarind and a splash of orange juice.

East Indian Negroni
Banks 5 Island Rum blended with Luxardo Bitter and Lustau East India Solera and chilled to create a luxurious after dinner drink.

Lassi
A sweet or salted yogurt smoothie. Fruits such as Mangos may also be added for a nominal up-charge.

Indian Chai
Imported authentic Indian Chai tea, heated and spiced with indian spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and peppers and milk.

Unique Sodas
Various Indian and Asian Sodas offer a unique taste from across the world. All sodas are served in ice-chilled glass bottles and a frozen glass to keep them crisp and refreshing. Brands include Maaza (a mango soda), Nimbooz (a lemon soda), Bovondo (a traditional caramel soda) and Torino (an orange soda).

Specialty Coffees
Espresso and Lattes made in house by our professional baristas.

Specialty Juices
Available flavors include Mango, Lychee Nut and Goji (a himalayan berry) juice

Assorted Coke Products
Whole and Skim Milk, fresh squeezed Orange juice
Coffee and Tea

16285258237_04de58a978_b.jpg

Our Children's Menu is designed specifically for the tastes of our younger guests, while still offering traditional options for the more adventurous!
Breakfast
Children's Thalis Plate
A smaller portioned version of our adult Thalis Breakfast offering.

Mickey Waffles

Vegetarian Friendly
Freshly cooked waffles topped with whipped cream or butter and drizzled with a choice of strawberry, maple or chocolate syrup.

Children's Classic

Indian style lentil flour pancakes and drizzled with maple syrup a hint of cardamom, scrambled eggs (cheese optional), and a bacon wrapped sausage.

Other Offerings

Milk, Hand squeezed juices
Various fresh house made pastries
Appetizers
Garden Salad
Mixed Greens, tomatoes and shredded carrots served with your choice of dressing.

Tomato Chatpata Soup

A rich Indian take on tomato soup. Whole tomatoes are pureed and seasoned liberally with whole spices. Topped with chopped cilantro.
Entrees
Children's Curry
Choice of Beef, Chicken or Vegetable Curry served on fresh fried rice seasoned with chopped cilantro and Naan bread.

Children's Kathi Roll
A choice of Chicken, Turkey or Paneer mixed with Indian cheese, mint chutney, chopped lettuce, tomato and cucumber and served with freshly made french fries.

Meaty Macaroni
A bowl of macaroni noodles blended with seasoned ground beef and a fresh marinara sauce.

Chicken Tenders
Chicken breast slivers fried in a tempura batter and served with french fries and a choice of dipping sauces.

Desserts
Galub Jamun
Golden fried khoya (a thickened milk cheese) balls drizzled in a saffron induced syrup and topped with shaved coconut.

Chocolate Brownie Sundae
A decadent milky chocolate brownie drizzled with caramel and chocolate sauce and topped with your choice of whipped cream or ice cream.

Build Your Own Sundae
Decorate your own sundae! A scoop of vanilla ice cream with a mickey shaped chocolate wafer, served with a side of sprinkles, chocolate chips, mini-marshmallows and chocolate syrup.

Mixed Fruit
Freshly chopped seasonal fruits.

Summary

Suruchi is a dining experience that truly is one of a kind. With unique offerings, this restaurant really adds a whole new level to cultural immersion and representation in the theme parks, continuing to make Animal Kingdom, along with the rest of Walt Disney World, more than just an amusement park. And with beautiful Asian theming inside the restaurant and in the surrounding land, you will feel like you have been actually dining in an Indian restaurant. Now, we thank you, and invite you to come visit, as Suruchi will amaze and thrill guests from all over the world.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 4 Reward Challenge Critiques

I was unexpectedly out this afternoon and have a few other things to do, so unfortunatley, I don't have time to make some in-depth critiques. But, let's get started.

Baxtanu

@Zweiland, @JokersWild, @Vipraa, @tcool and @LittleGiants16

Great job this week guys!

- I feel the intro paragraph on the forum post could have been written better
- The website template you chose didn't really fit the restaurant, in my opinion
- The exterior paragraph doesn't seem to have an ending...
- Where is this restaurant? I know it's meant to be in Asia, but where in Asia?
- I like the pictures, well done
- I really enjoyed the animal themed dining rooms
- the musical entertainment was also really nice
- I wish the menu was split into sections to make it more clear as to what each menu item was
- The menu really seemed kind of small, but what was there sounded delicious

In sum, I feel Baxtanu did a great job, but their lack of a specific location and unfinished menu may be enough to cost them this reward.

Sklaronah
@IDInstitute, @InfiniteRightEar97, @TheOriginalTiki, @englanddg and @Matt7187

Once again, outstanding concept this week Sklaronah!

- The restaurant logo was nice, but those neat graphics on the right side should have been on the left as well, IMO
- It appears the path has stairs, but how with disabled guests access the restaurant?
- I really like the location and I think it works well there
- There's something about the backstory... I'm just not a fan of backstories that include the word "tourist" it kind of clashes a bit with the Everest backstory in the sense your going on an expedition. I mean, most climbers aren't considered tourists? And I'm not sure tourists would travel to a remote Nepalese village just to catch a glimpse at the mountain
- I like how you included the "Spicy - Non-spicy Upon Request" and the "Vegan and Vegetarian Friendly" because it added to the menu quite a bit
- I LOVED the menu, great job!
- The breakfast selection seemed kind of small, to be honest.
- The desserts made my mouth water! :hungry:;)
- The Mickey Waffles kind of broke the theme, but who doesn't like Mickey Waffles? :p

Overall, Sklaronah did a great job! However, their backstory left something to be desired and their disabled access might be enough to give Baxtanu the reward.​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom