The Sole Imagineer: An Imagineering Competition

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 10 Reward Challenge
Wishes Wishing

Welcome to your final Reward Challenge! Congrats to our final four castaways for making it this far.

In addition, the winner of this reward challenge will get a large advantage in the final immunity challenge.

disney-wishes-big.jpg

For this challenge, you must create an all new nighttime spectacular for one of Walt Disney's World theme oarks. On the contrary to the name of this challenge, you can create a new show for any of the four parks. Whatever you choose, your concept must include:

- A list of segments
- An overall theme
- A certain medium (fireworks, fountains, both, etc.)
- Stats (Length, pyro launch areas, etc)

That's it! The rest is up to you!

Your concepts must be turned in by Friday, March 27, 2015 at 7:00 PM EST. Your submission must not include more then 15 photos and no less than 5 sentences. Now that you have been merged, you must create your concepts on your own, without the aid of others.

TheOriginalTiki

@IDInstitute...I approached you as a friend before the game even started. I thought we were really hitting it off when we started actively playing the game and became the last two Sklaronah standing. I don't care that you broke the "Know-It-Alls" alliance. This is Survivor, and alliances are meant to be broken. What truly tears me apart if that I thought I'd formed a genuine friendship with you. I wasn't loyal to ANYONE in this game besides you, and I can't believe you wouldn't return the favor. The way I see it, you didn't betray our alliance, you betrayed our FRIENDSHIP. A friendship that we spent three months constantly telling each other we'd make final three together. It's going to take a LONG time for me to get over this, buddy.

Things like this are why I don't have an active social life. Just another knife stabbed into a back FULL of knives.

DinoInstitute

@IDInstitute...I approached you as a friend before the game even started. I thought we were really hitting it off when we started actively playing the game and became the last two Sklaronah standing. I don't care that you broke the "Know-It-Alls" alliance. This is Survivor, and alliances are meant to be broken. What truly tears me apart if that I thought I'd formed a genuine friendship with you. I wasn't loyal to ANYONE in this game besides you, and I can't believe you wouldn't return the favor. The way I see it, you didn't betray our alliance, you betrayed our FRIENDSHIP. A friendship that we spent three months constantly telling each other we'd make final three together. It's going to take a LONG time for me to get over this, buddy.

Things like this are why I don't have an active social life. Just another knife stabbed into a back FULL of knives.
I tried explaining this to you... It was purely a GAME move. You are an awesome dude, and I could not have asked for a better person to be playing the game with. It has nothing to do with our friendship or anything, which I'd hate to think you'd throw away over something as simple as a game with no real prize in the end. Like you said, alliances are meant to be broken, but you think this is more than that. It isn't.

But, I have to comment on what you said...
I wasn't loyal to ANYONE in this game besides you, and I can't believe you wouldn't return the favor.
That's not true. Part of my decision to take you out was because you literally said in the podcast the other day that you would have blindsided me to go with LG if he was more active. You deliberately made the statement that I was not that close to you, so I don't see how you have any right to say that.

TheOriginalTiki

I have nothing left to say and I apologize if I come off as bitter. It's only because I truly am. I know this is just suposed to be a game, but when your alliance went beyond an alliance and into true friendship...having that crushed really hurts as someone who's always struggled to keep friends in real life. Just keep in mind in real life I'm a total LOOSER who nobody my own age would associate themselves with for the life of them, so I take these games a lot more seriously than most others do, and for that I truly apologize.

That's my peace out on the issue. Hope I haven't offended anyone in my ranting or gotten myself into any hot water. @RMichael21 this was truly the best Armchair Imagineering or Survivor type game I've ever been involved in, and I thank you for putting up with my shenanigans.

TheOriginalTiki

I'm honestly just a little shaken up because of real life insecurities (yay for clinical depression!) but I'm sure I'll get over this. Definitely was a TRUE blindside though as I thought I had the game completely wrapped up. Goes to show you the age-old proverb that the minute you get comfortable in Survivor is the minute your torch gets snuffed.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm honestly just a little shaken up because of real life insecurities (yay for clinical depression!) but I'm sure I'll get over this. Definitely was a TRUE blindside though as I thought I had the game completely wrapped up. Goes to show you the age-old proverb that the minute you get comfortable in Survivor is the minute your torch gets snuffed.
I'm Batman.

fat-batman-04.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
As an outsider to the game and a weekly listener to your podcast, I really wouldn't lose sleep over this.

It's just a game. A game with no real winning. It's all just for fun.

I'm sure it's disappointing to be voted out, but the past few shows of yours I've watched, other contestants have been blind-sided by you and/or others in the game, yet they take it in stride and move on. Because in the end, it's just a game.

The fact that you got voted out is a compliment to your abilities in the game, not a loss of friendship. Just trying to help put it in perspective.

RMichael21

Original Poster
I have nothing left to say and I apologize if I come off as bitter. It's only because I truly am. I know this is just suposed to be a game, but when your alliance went beyond an alliance and into true friendship...having that crushed really hurts as someone who's always struggled to keep friends in real life. Just keep in mind in real life I'm a total LOOSER who nobody my own age would associate themselves with for the life of them, so I take these games a lot more seriously than most others do, and for that I truly apologize.

That's my peace out on the issue. Hope I haven't offended anyone in my ranting or gotten myself into any hot water. @RMichael21 this was truly the best Armchair Imagineering or Survivor type game I've ever been involved in, and I thank you for putting up with my shenanigans.
Thanks for playing, Tiki! You were great! :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
As an outsider to the game and a weekly listener to your podcast, I really wouldn't lose sleep over this.

I'm sure it's disappointing to be voted out, but the past few shows of yours I've watched, other contestants have been blind-sided by you and/or others in the game, yet they take it in stride and move on. Because in the end, it's just a game.

The fact that you got voted out is a compliment to your abilities in the game, not a loss of friendship. Just trying to help put it in perspective.
Batman approves this message.

Batman+approves+look+at+tags_58fbd1_3500768.gif

RMichael21

Original Poster

Well said, thanks @spacemt354 :)

DinoInstitute

For this challenge, you must create an all new nighttime spectacular for one of Walt Disney's World theme parks. On the contrary to the name of this challenge, you can create a new show for any of the four parks. Whatever you choose, your concept must include a list of segments, an overall theme, a certain medium (fireworks, fountains, both, etc.), and stats (Length, pyro launch areas, etc). That's it! The rest is up to you!

Final Reward Challenge- Wishes Wishing- @IDInstitute's Submission:

Magic Alive!

The Magic Kingdom theme park is an incredible place to spend a day with the family. Whether the first or hundredth visit, families can experience together the trips and adventures they'll take through the many worlds and fairy tales waiting for them in the park. This magic trip is like no other other place on earth, not even like it's sister theme parks Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, etc. In fact, the Magic Kingdom is the world's most popular theme park, boasting 18.6 million visitors a year. This shows just how amazing and magical a place like this is, and to the Disney lovers we are, it will always stay that way.

However, at the same time, the park is not perfect. In some areas, it is lacking and needs help. There are some older rides that desperately need refurbishing (Peter Pan, Pirates, etc.). In addition, many agree that the park could use some better food services. However, one of the biggest things that is needed to this park is a new nighttime spectacular.

A nighttime show is essential to any major theme parks. It truly caps off a guest's visit to the park, and in an incredible, exciting, and magical way, celebrating what the park is about and the adventures had there. Currently at the Magic Kingdom, Wishes is the nighttime show being presented. However, it is starting to become an old show. It has been there for a while, and it is not as celebratory and exciting as one would expect from the one and only Magic Kingdom. While Epcot has its exciting Illuminations: Reflections of Earth (currently undergoing improvements), DHS has Fantasmic!, which many consider to be the best nighttime show on property, and DAK has Rivers of Light on its way in 2016, the Magic Kingdom is in need of a new show most, and this is the concept to fulfill that need. Presenting... Magic Alive!

Magic Alive! is a new nighttime show to replace Wishes. It's theme is simple, yet at the same time, so complex. Enjoy the adventure and spectacle of the different magical lands guests visited during their trip to the Magic Kingdom in a theme park nighttime show celebration unlike any other. Segments (inspired by the park's lands) include:

-All Aboard! (The opening scene to invite guests on the adventure)
-A Pirate's Life (Inspired by Adventureland's Pirates of the Caribbean)
-Grim Grinning Ghosts (Inspired by Liberty Square's The Haunted Mansion)
-How Do You Do? (Inspired by Fronteirland's Splash Mountain)
-Galactic Anthem (Inspired by Tomorrowland)
-It's a Small World (Inspired by Fantasyland's It's a Small World)

This nighttime show will be focused around not only a fan favorite, but a park tradition- Fireworks. While it sounds simple for this day and age, fireworks have a certain magic to them where ever they are, as they are simply color and fire in the sky, nothing that can be seen regularly. Synced to park favorite music, these fireworks will create a very enjoyable, catchy, and instantly-classic experience. In addition, the show will make use of the spotlight effect to add atmosphere to certain scenes.

On the more technical side, here are some stats about the show:
-It is 8 minutes and 50 seconds
-Firework launching positions will not change from the current areas behind Fantasyland
-Spotlights will come up from the base of Cinderlle's Castle
-Fog machines will also be set up around the castle (will not be positioned until pre-show by Cast Members)
-Show time is 10:00 pm EST
-Viewing area is in hub, also from MSUSA with crowds

This will be a show like no other. And, the fans agree. At a "soft-opening" earlier today, some of our well known Disney enthusiasts here on the forums shared their thoughts about the show:
So I really liked it. It reminds me of the firework show at Disneyland. The music is more enjoyable than Wishes and the fireworks are perfectly choreographed to the music.
I would definitely watch this firework show over Wishes when I'm in Magic Kingdom.
The new night show at Disney's Magic Kingdom does a wonderful job of encapsulating the thrills and emotions of spending a day with loved ones. From the ghouls of ghost enchanting the sky to the chorus of It's a Small World reverberating through the finale there is sure to be a favorite part for every member of the family. While some may miss the enchanted story telling of Wishes, one can not help to smile when they hear the new track singing in the night sky. Sure to be a family favorite in no time.

And now, while it is just a graphic draft of the show, I present to you, Magic Alive!:

Vipraa

Vipraalogo banner.jpg
Presents
Episode 10 Reward Challenge
Wishes Wishing

Symphony of the Stars

Coming to Disney's Hollywood Adventure in 2017 is a brand new Nighttime Spectacular. Symphony of the Stars is a new nightly fireworks show that takes place in the air above Disney's Hollywood Adventure. The show showcases the great music that has always been an important part of film.

- Synopsis -
Magic of Music (Friend Like Me)
Action of Music (Buzz Lighter vs Zurg)
Adventure of Music (Indiana Jones)
Suspense of Music (Twilight Zone)
Storytelling of Music (Star Wars)
Majesty of Music (Transformation & Ever Ever After)

- Stats -
Mediums - Fireworks (Small and large pyro), Flame jets, Limited projection mapping,
Launch Pads - Backlands Rooftops, Main launch pad
Projectors - Lights and limited projection mapping
Length - 12 Minutes
Cost Estimated - $15,000 per show

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom