Trip Report The Princesses Take On Disney!

We have returned from another magical, pixie dust filled trip to WDW! We accomplished A LOT considering the time of year we visited, including some new things!

If you didn't get a chance to read my PTR and would like to, you can find it here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-princesses-return.908683/

And now, without further ado...

Day 1: Travel Day, 6/7/16

Being that we don't live together, we finished packing at our respective houses and then met at my parents' (which is right in the middle) to put things in our big, shared suitcase. We struggle every year to be under the weight requirement lol. Our airline has a 40 pound limit or else you have to pay an additional fee, so we take carry ons (as big as permitted) and stuff them full as well. :rolleyes: Anyway, we got everything packed and weighed our suitcase to see where we stood... 48 pounds. Not even close. :hilarious: So we started unloading and putting things in our carry ons, deciding that some things could be left behind, etc. Finally we got it down to 39 pounds and were ready to go!

This was one of the things that had to stay behind. :( Everybody kept asking me who I would miss more: my boyfriend, Dylan, or Tink. The jury is still out on that one. ;)
IMG_2136.JPG

Ready to roll!
IMG_2140.JPG

We had a 7:00pm flight out of Latrobe, PA so got on the road at 3:00pm. It takes just under 2 hours to get there from home and the airport only has one gate, making security a breeze. We stopped near the airport and grabbed dinner at Denny's.

We arrived at the airport at 6pm and had checked our bag, gone through security, and used the restroom all by 6:15pm. Gotta love it! Our flight actually took off at 6:54, so just a few minutes ahead of schedule which was nice.

Peace out PA!

IMG_2145.JPG

I sat next to this lady on the plane that I will absolutely never forget. I don't even know how to begin to describe her! She was probably in her 60's or 70's and was an absolute diva - LOVE IT. She talked to us the entire flight and we pretty much learned her life story lol. She has a house here in PA and another in FL. She was flying down for the week to attend her granddaughter's preschool graduation. Like I said, we literally talked about everything, but once she found out we were heading to Disney she shared that she worked as a CM for her first job in 1971. She alternated between playing Dopey and working concessions (sometimes in the same day). She went to college and worked as a nurse for 30 years. It's hard to describe here, but she was HILARIOUS and we quoted her throughout our trip lol. Just to give you an idea.. At one point the lady in front of us turned around and said, "Could you talk quieter?" We were honestly not talking loudly, and certainly not as loudly as the man behind us. But she looks at us and goes, "I know enough to not cause trouble on a plane, but I've done my service to this country and I don't have to listen to her!" And then after getting off the plane, she saw the lady bending over getting something out of her bag and she goes, "I oughta go over there and kick her right in the ***." :hilarious: She was something else. Sorry, that was more wordy than I anticipated!

Anyway, we landed at 8:46, also ahead of schedule! The flight was a little bumpy due to the storm, but nothing major! We headed right for my favorite thing at MCO...

I GET SO EXCITED ABOUT MAGICAL EXPRESS. :D
IMG_2146.JPG

We boarded immediately and pulled out right away at 9:20pm.
IMG_2149.JPG

Magical Express selfie! The excitement is evident!
IMG_2150.JPG

We stopped at Coronado Springs first, and then our stop, All Star Sports! We arrived at 10pm.

Last year our pin numbers weren't setup properly and we had major issues at the end of the week sorting it all out. So the first thing we did this year upon arrival was head straight to the front desk to make sure they got setup the right way. We talked with Rachel who was an absolutely magical first CM to interact with. I made the comment that she should be working as a princess because she just had the energy and silliness for it. The CM's really do make all the difference!

LisaBelle

Soooo annoying to hear that the PP photographer was not engaged and doing his job. Sounds like Woody was really trying his best to get him involved. Looks like you had fun despite the photographer's bad attitude,

blreinsel

Original Poster
Soooo annoying to hear that the PP photographer was not engaged and doing his job. Sounds like Woody was really trying his best to get him involved. Looks like you had fun despite the photographer's bad attitude,

I think that's what bothered me the most! Woody was literally in his face and still.. nothing! The boys spent so much time with us and were so animated and I felt like they were purposely doing it to try and encourage the photographer to start taking pictures! Oh well, I remember that it was a fun interaction and I supposed that's what's important. :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
We interrupt this TR for a non-Disney announcement... :brb:

My parents have planned a trip to Florida the first week of August to take my nephew to Universal/IOA. We took him to Disney a few years back and he's now getting to the age that the other parks will finally be appropriate for him. After crunching some numbers, I think that Dylan and I will be tagging along. How will I ever be that close to Disney and not actually be there!? :eek::cry:

I just figured I would put this out there, as I know many of you are tacking Universal days onto your upcoming trips. I'm not sure if it's "allowed" or not, but if so, is there any interest in a mini TR inside of this one about our days there??

WDWDarling

My parents have planned a trip to Florida the first week of August to take my nephew to Universal/IOA. We took him to Disney a few years back and he's now getting to the age that the other parks will finally be appropriate for him. After crunching some numbers, I think that Dylan and I will be tagging along. How will I ever be that close to Disney and not actually be there!? :eek::cry:

I just figured I would put this out there, as I know many of you are tacking Universal days onto your upcoming trips. I'm not sure if it's "allowed" or not, but if so, is there any interest in a mini TR inside of this one about our days there??

I vote yes! :D

LisaBelle

Most people who are doing trip reports write about their Universal days so I don't see it being a problem. I'd like to see what you do.

blreinsel

Original Poster
After we finished playing with Andy's toys, I wanted to check out One Man's Dream, as I'd never seen it before. And I think it's going away soon.. Right? It seems that everything at HS is going away these days.

Walt's 2nd grade school desk.. This made my teacher heart smile. :)
IMG_1612.JPG

IMG_1618.JPG

IMG_1619.JPG

I would LOVE to have some (all) of this stuff! This is like a Disney freak's dream!
IMG_1620.JPG

IMG_1621.JPG

I want to see this show so badly! This is one of the masks worn by the performers.
IMG_1622.JPG

IMG_1623.JPG

It's crazy how much Mickey has changed over the years.
IMG_1625.JPG

IMG_1627.JPG

I thought this was really neat.. What Peter Pan's Flight really looks like. :)
IMG_1629.JPG

I really enjoyed walking through this little museum. I think Heather was bored but I took my time anyhow because it's quite likely that was my last chance to ever check it out.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Next up, it was finally time for my favorite show on property.. Beauty and the Beast! :inlove: I love everything about this show! We were seated 7 rows back from the stage on the right side. They were fantastic seats! Prepare for picture overload. :D

Bonjour!
IMG_1631.JPG

IMG_1634.JPG

The actor playing Gaston was FANTASTIC. The best I've ever seen in this show. And you know how often when you see Gaston, he has on the costume that has the fake muscles? Oh no.. This guy's muscles were for real. :p
IMG_1637.JPG

Lumiere is probably my second favorite character. :)
IMG_1642.JPG

Be our guest, be our guest, put our service to the test! :D The look on Belle's face is probably similar to mine when I see anything that involves Beauty and the Beast. :hilarious:
IMG_1648.JPG

IMG_1650.JPG

Kill the beast!
IMG_1657.JPG

But, I love you.
IMG_1666.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

Belle is absolutely stunning. :inlove: I will never stop fangirling over her.
IMG_2343.JPG

This show is flawless in every way and we had a fantastic cast! I pray to the Disney gods that they never do away with it.

blreinsel

Original Poster

jrogue

YES PLEASE DEFINITELY.

Beauty and the Beast!! :inlove::inlove::inlove: I was so bummed I didn't get to do that show this trip. Even moreso now, because HOT DAMN, GASTON!! :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: IS HE EVEN REAL?? Wow!! :joyfull::joyfull:

LisaBelle

After we finished playing with Andy's toys, I wanted to check out One Man's Dream, as I'd never seen it before. And I think it's going away soon.. Right? It seems that everything at HS is going away these days.

Walt's 2nd grade school desk.. This made my teacher heart smile. :)
View attachment 148287

View attachment 148288

View attachment 148289

I would LOVE to have some (all) of this stuff! This is like a Disney freak's dream!
View attachment 148290

View attachment 148291

I want to see this show so badly! This is one of the masks worn by the performers.
View attachment 148292

View attachment 148293

It's crazy how much Mickey has changed over the years.
View attachment 148294

View attachment 148295

I thought this was really neat.. What Peter Pan's Flight really looks like. :)
View attachment 148296

I really enjoyed walking through this little museum. I think Heather was bored but I took my time anyhow because it's quite likely that was my last chance to ever check it out.
I felt the same way about Walt's desk! I made sure that I took my time and looked at everything in One Man's Dream as well. I'd never been there before and I wanted to be sure I got to see it if it went away. In fact I was pleasantly surprised that it was still there because I thought it was supposed to close. I hope I am wrong and that it stays.
I have only seen the Beauty and the Beast show once and I loved it. My sister and I saw the Broadway Across America version of the show this spring and I actually liked the Hollywood Studios version better. All I can say about that Gaston is Wow!

blreinsel

Original Poster
I never knew that there are so many photo ops waiting to see buzz and woody! Definitely need to check it out. Also another vote for yes!

I've never taken the opportunity to stop and take a picture with every prop until this trip.. We were cracking up! The Uni TR is a go. :D

YES PLEASE DEFINITELY.

Beauty and the Beast!! :inlove::inlove::inlove: I was so bummed I didn't get to do that show this trip. Even moreso now, because HOT DAMN, GASTON!! :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: IS HE EVEN REAL?? Wow!! :joyfull::joyfull:

It's soooooo good! And Gaston was definitely not hard on the eyes by any stretch. :rolleyes:

I felt the same way about Walt's desk! I made sure that I took my time and looked at everything in One Man's Dream as well. I'd never been there before and I wanted to be sure I got to see it if it went away. In fact I was pleasantly surprised that it was still there because I thought it was supposed to close. I hope I am wrong and that it stays.
I have only seen the Beauty and the Beast show once and I loved it. My sister and I saw the Broadway Across America version of the show this spring and I actually liked the Hollywood Studios version better. All I can say about that Gaston is Wow!

It's such a nice little reminder that Disney wasn't always the franchise that we know it as today, not to mention a nice break from the Florida heat!

It's such a good show! Every time I hear about more changes coming to HS I panic a little because I worry that they'll replace Beauty and the Beast! Although with the live action movie coming out next year I think we're probably safe for awhile! :D

Awesome TR - love how much fun you gals are having!!

Thanks for following! :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
After Beauty and the Beast, we noticed some scary looking skies and figured that we'd better find something indoors and fast! We quickly walked to Voyage of the Little Mermaid and got in line at 4:30pm. It started pouring as soon as we got in line, so it was perfect timing! We waited about 15 minutes before being let in.

For some reason, this show feels a little outdated to me. Does anybody else feel that way? It's cute but it's just missing something for me.
IMG_2345.JPG

Ursula is pretty awesome though!
IMG_2348.JPG

IMG_2350.JPG

Happily ever after. :)
IMG_2355.JPG

When we exited the theater, fortunately the rain had let up and allowed us to walk over to the Frozen Sing-a-Long. This show has been one of our favorite things to do at HS ever since it started way back during the "Frozen Summer Fun" celebration! We hopped in line at 5:10pm and right on cue, it started pouring again. So far, we'd been pretty lucky as far as avoiding the rain goes. Stay tuned...

We were only 3 or 4 rows back from the stage on the right side. They were great seats! I seriously cannot say enough good things about this show, especially the historians. They were FANTASTIC. They've always been hilarious but this was the best showing of it that I've ever seen. The few pictures I got of them show just how animated they were and their chemistry with one another makes it even better!
IMG_2356.JPG

At one point, somebody in the audience said, "oh yeah!" I don't remember what it was in response to, but the male historian stops dead in his tracks and goes, "Hey! The Kool Aid guy is here!" He made jokes throughout the rest of the show in relation to it. My stomach hurt from laughing so hard. :hilarious:
IMG_2357.JPG

IMG_2359.JPG

I love that they call Kristoff "Justin Bieber." :hilarious: One of their jokes toward him was something about "is it too late now to say sorry?" Their jokes just flow so well and seem so natural. I wish we would have had time to see it more than once to see how much is "scripted" and how much is just improv.
IMG_2363.JPG

I love the new way that Elsa comes on stage! I won't spoil it for those of you who haven't seen the "new" show yet. :)
IMG_2367.JPG

IMG_2370.JPG

I always get teary listening to all the little kids singing Let It Go at the top of their lungs.. Especially when I see the dads singing along with them. :)

TheMouseFan

It looks like we were seated in about the same area for the Frozen sing along. We were also impressed with all of the humor injected by the historians! I also agree about VotLM. That is my favorite movie, but that show really does nothing for me. We didn't even bother this trip!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Remember how we'd had good luck with avoiding the rain? That luck was short lived. We exited the Frozen theater and were welcomed by an absolute DOWNPOUR. I haven't seen it rain that hard in a long time. We stood outside the doors and debated our next move for a few minutes. We're always very good about bringing ponchos with us when we go to Disney, however we (me especially) are not so good about remembering to actually put them in our park bags lol. Heather had one in her bag (just a cheap Walmart one), but it was still a little wet from the day before and honestly wasn't going to do much in the current downpour anyway.

We decided to bite the bullet and buy the Disney ponchos. Yes, they're expensive, however they were much needed. Disney has to make a killing on ponchos and umbrellas when storms pop up like this one did. We put on our ponchos and headed out into the rain, headed for our FP+ for Tower of Terror. We were both wearing tennis shoes (horrible choice for today, as it turns out) and they were SOAKED. There aren't many feelings that I dislike more than the feeling of puddles inside my shoes. I made light of the situation by jumping in the puddles that we came across.. We were laughing so hard, despite the miserable weather conditions. :hilarious:

I was disappointed that it was raining so hard because it didn't allow for me to really take in all the details and appreciate the piece of art that this ride is! We were ushered through the lobby and instructed to take our ponchos off, all in a matter of like 3 minutes lol. We walked right on to an elevator!
STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORARIDE_20160610_7712768697.jpeg

After our trip to the Twilight Zone, we decided that it just wasn't worth it to walk around in the rain. We headed to the bus stop at 6:45pm and waited 25 minutes before a bus finally came. Take notice of how white the background is.. That's how hard it was raining. :eek:
IMG_2377.JPG

We finally boarded a bus and returned to the resort. We grabbed dinner at the food court and just hung out in the room until 10pm. The rain had let up by that point and HS had EMH until midnight. We changed our clothes and headed back to the park, hoping that the rain had chased most people away!

STUDIO_HBFIVEDM_20160611_7712957693.jpeg

We had missed our FP+ for Star Tours earlier because of the rain, so we headed there first. We had a short 5 minute wait!
IMG_2380.JPG

Next, we headed back to my favorite.. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster! :D I wanted to take this picture earlier, but again, the rain ruined that so now I have a dark picture. :(
IMG_2381.JPG

We got in line for RnRC and had a short 15 minute wait! The rain did chase people away! :joyfull: Can somebody please remove the marble doors? :cautious: My mom would not have gone for me obnoxiously running my hands over them like so many kids are allowed to do. That sound drives me nuts!

As it turns out, the ride had virtually no wait. The longest "wait" that we experienced was for the pre-show. We ended up riding 3 times in a row! I was in Heaven. :p

STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_20160611_7712984217.jpeg

STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_20160611_7712993694.jpeg

STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_20160611_7712997171.jpeg

Did you notice that we rode behind the same people twice? We were in the same exact seats both times, too! :)

After our third ride in the stretch limo, it was past midnight so we headed out.
IMG_2386.JPG

We waited FOREVER for a bus. All 3 All-Star resorts were sharing a bus.. I've never had that happen before. While we were waiting, we had the privilege of watching the most outrageous temper tantrum that I've ever experienced (and keep in mind, I'm a teacher). This kid was probably 8 or so. I'll spare you from reading about the entire thing, but some of the highlights include:

Mom: You don't appreciate anything. I planned and paid for this whole trip and you act like this.
Mom: No, get away from me. Hugs and kisses aren't gonna make up for it now. No, just shut up and get away from me.

All while this kid is literally thrashing around on the pavement. His mom was sitting on the curb and he was climbing all over her, screaming and crying and yelling. At one point he indicated that he was going to run away. We watched as he made his way away from the bus stop, while mom and dad just sat there like nothing was happening. Eventually he changed his mind and came back. I just can't even explain it. We were laughing hysterically.. They had to of known we were laughing at them. It was just too ridiculous to ignore. I took several videos (without their knowledge) so I can reminisce in the years to come. :hilarious:

Bottom line: Get your kids under control! I would have been so embarrassed if that was my child. I would have at least removed him from the area where hundreds of people were standing.. watching.

Anyway, we finally made it back to the hotel after 1am and promptly got to bed!

12.51 miles walked
26,490 steps

Last edited:

blreinsel

Original Poster
It looks like we were seated in about the same area for the Frozen sing along. We were also impressed with all of the humor injected by the historians! I also agree about VotLM. That is my favorite movie, but that show really does nothing for me. We didn't even bother this trip!

We probably wouldn't have bothered with it either had we not needed an escape from the rain. It's up for a refurb, isn't it? Maybe that'll help!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom