Trip Report The Princesses Take On Disney!

We have returned from another magical, pixie dust filled trip to WDW! We accomplished A LOT considering the time of year we visited, including some new things!

If you didn't get a chance to read my PTR and would like to, you can find it here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-princesses-return.908683/

And now, without further ado...

Day 1: Travel Day, 6/7/16

Being that we don't live together, we finished packing at our respective houses and then met at my parents' (which is right in the middle) to put things in our big, shared suitcase. We struggle every year to be under the weight requirement lol. Our airline has a 40 pound limit or else you have to pay an additional fee, so we take carry ons (as big as permitted) and stuff them full as well. :rolleyes: Anyway, we got everything packed and weighed our suitcase to see where we stood... 48 pounds. Not even close. :hilarious: So we started unloading and putting things in our carry ons, deciding that some things could be left behind, etc. Finally we got it down to 39 pounds and were ready to go!

This was one of the things that had to stay behind. :( Everybody kept asking me who I would miss more: my boyfriend, Dylan, or Tink. The jury is still out on that one. ;)
IMG_2136.JPG

Ready to roll!
IMG_2140.JPG

We had a 7:00pm flight out of Latrobe, PA so got on the road at 3:00pm. It takes just under 2 hours to get there from home and the airport only has one gate, making security a breeze. We stopped near the airport and grabbed dinner at Denny's.

We arrived at the airport at 6pm and had checked our bag, gone through security, and used the restroom all by 6:15pm. Gotta love it! Our flight actually took off at 6:54, so just a few minutes ahead of schedule which was nice.

Peace out PA!

IMG_2145.JPG

I sat next to this lady on the plane that I will absolutely never forget. I don't even know how to begin to describe her! She was probably in her 60's or 70's and was an absolute diva - LOVE IT. She talked to us the entire flight and we pretty much learned her life story lol. She has a house here in PA and another in FL. She was flying down for the week to attend her granddaughter's preschool graduation. Like I said, we literally talked about everything, but once she found out we were heading to Disney she shared that she worked as a CM for her first job in 1971. She alternated between playing Dopey and working concessions (sometimes in the same day). She went to college and worked as a nurse for 30 years. It's hard to describe here, but she was HILARIOUS and we quoted her throughout our trip lol. Just to give you an idea.. At one point the lady in front of us turned around and said, "Could you talk quieter?" We were honestly not talking loudly, and certainly not as loudly as the man behind us. But she looks at us and goes, "I know enough to not cause trouble on a plane, but I've done my service to this country and I don't have to listen to her!" And then after getting off the plane, she saw the lady bending over getting something out of her bag and she goes, "I oughta go over there and kick her right in the ***." :hilarious: She was something else. Sorry, that was more wordy than I anticipated!

Anyway, we landed at 8:46, also ahead of schedule! The flight was a little bumpy due to the storm, but nothing major! We headed right for my favorite thing at MCO...

I GET SO EXCITED ABOUT MAGICAL EXPRESS. :D
IMG_2146.JPG

We boarded immediately and pulled out right away at 9:20pm.
IMG_2149.JPG

Magical Express selfie! The excitement is evident!
IMG_2150.JPG

We stopped at Coronado Springs first, and then our stop, All Star Sports! We arrived at 10pm.

Last year our pin numbers weren't setup properly and we had major issues at the end of the week sorting it all out. So the first thing we did this year upon arrival was head straight to the front desk to make sure they got setup the right way. We talked with Rachel who was an absolutely magical first CM to interact with. I made the comment that she should be working as a princess because she just had the energy and silliness for it. The CM's really do make all the difference!

blreinsel

Original Poster
We headed to our room in the Home Run Hotel building. We were on the 3rd floor which kind of stinks, but our view was fantastic!
IMG_2152.JPG

IMG_2153.JPG

The All Star rooms aren't really anything special, but they do have those "Disney touches" and I'll share them in case you're curious. :)

IMG_1560.JPG

IMG_1561.JPG

Oh how I wish I had one of these for my house. :arghh:
IMG_1562.JPG

IMG_1563.JPG

IMG_1564.JPG

IMG_1565.JPG

IMG_1567.JPG

blreinsel

Original Poster
This is the view walking from the main building to our room.
IMG_2151.JPG

Forgot to take this on the night we arrived, so that's why this one is in daylight. :)
IMG_2579.JPG

And this is the view from our room! I actually really liked this resort. It's much more themed than All Star Music was last year.. I guess there's just more you can do with sports.
IMG_1597.JPG

We got settled in the room and then made for the food court to grab something to eat and our refillable mugs. I had pizza and Heather got chicken alfredo. Both were pretty good!
IMG_2154.JPG

After we finished eating, we looked around in the gift shop a bit and I managed to spend $100 on merchandise before even making it to a park. :hilarious:

After that, we headed back to the room to hangout and wait for our luggage. We waited.. and waited.. and waited. Finally, I decided to call luggage services at 12:45am because we were exhausted and wanted to get some sleep. He informed me that our luggage was en route and to call back in an hour if we wanted it delivered that night. What?

Heather wasn't satisfied so decided to call the front desk and ask lol. They basically said the same thing, however also added that they hold luggage at the airport if it's raining so things don't get wet. Are they hauling this stuff on a flatbed or what? How would it get wet if it's loaded on a bus, truck, or whatever? They said it would be 1-2 hours before it arrived. Are you kidding me!? If it's en route, it should only take about 30 minutes to arrive. The CM at the front desk said she'd put a note on our reservation to have them bring it up as soon as it arrived. We were so irritated.

So 5 hours after we landed, at 2:11am, the knock on the door came and our luggage had arrived. Not really the best way to start our trip, but we wouldn't let that put a damper on things!

I wore a pedometer throughout our trip to track our mileage, and unfortunately it reset without my knowledge on our first day, so I don't have a total for you for arrival day. :(

blreinsel

Original Poster
Following along. I would have been freaking out about my luggage. I never let it leave my sight. Lol

I knew it would show up, but was annoyed it was taking so long! I'm pretty go with the flow as far as traveling goes, but when it comes to sleep, not so much! Lol

Looking forward to reading the rest! Sorry for the luggage issue, but all in all, not a bad way to start a trip.

Most definitely could have been worse. :) Thanks for following!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If we have a flight that lands after 7 p.m., we always pick up our checked bags from the carousel and take them on Magical Express. My hubby's bag during a daytime flight once was not delivered until 6 hours after we'd landed! (Mine had arrived within 2 hours). Since we like to have our stuff before turning in for the night, we don't want to risk using those yellow tags.

Glad you had a good attitude and can't wait to read more! :)

LisaBelle

Lovin your report so far. OMG!! Tink sitting on your luggage is one of the cutest things ever :happy:! Loved the story of your seat mate on the flight. What a character :hilarious:! I enjoyed seeing the pictures of All Star Sports. I haven't seen many pictures of that resort. Glad your luggage finally showed up. My sister and I had issues with our pins on our trip in February. Even though I gave them my credit card all of my charges went on my sister's credit card :banghead:. Can't wait to read more.

prfctlyximprct

Love that you started your trip report! And that you know you are going again!!! :) that stinks about your luggage situation! I land at 9... Wonder what I should do! Definitely following along :)

WDWDarling

So excited that you started your report! And even more excited that you already have another trip in the works!

You guys do good to share one suitcase. I'm such a packing freak, I usually make my husband carry his own but we drive so that definitely makes a difference.

Following along :).

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Tink!! :joyfull:

Thanks for posting the pictures of your resort. I'm not familiar with the Values, and I always enjoy seeing photos of the different places people stay. I think you had a very nice and functional guest room. The design elements looked a lot more welcoming than I had expected. :)

Looking forward to more of your TR!

blreinsel

Original Poster
If we have a flight that lands after 7 p.m., we always pick up our checked bags from the carousel and take them on Magical Express. My hubby's bag during a daytime flight once was not delivered until 6 hours after we'd landed! (Mine had arrived within 2 hours). Since we like to have our stuff before turning in for the night, we don't want to risk using those yellow tags.

Glad you had a good attitude and can't wait to read more! :)

I'm starting to think I may want to adopt the same policy! We didn't have nearly this much trouble last year. It's crazy that you and your husband's luggage was delivered with such a big time gap in between! Thanks for following! :)

Lovin your report so far. OMG!! Tink sitting on your luggage is one of the cutest things ever :happy:! Loved the story of your seat mate on the flight. What a character :hilarious:! I enjoyed seeing the pictures of All Star Sports. I haven't seen many pictures of that resort. Glad your luggage finally showed up. My sister and I had issues with our pins on our trip in February. Even though I gave them my credit card all of my charges went on my sister's credit card :banghead:. Can't wait to read more.

Haha thank you! She was SO excited to see me.. It made coming home that much sweeter! Not many people here seem to stay at the Values, so I do my best to include lots of pics for anybody who may be staying in one on future trips! We had the exact same situation last year with the pins, except everything was charged to my card! I figured it was a lot easier to just have a CM do it rather than doing it myself again (since apparently I didn't do it right the first time!) Thanks for following. :)

Love that you started your trip report! And that you know you are going again!!! :) that stinks about your luggage situation! I land at 9... Wonder what I should do! Definitely following along :)

You probably want to grab yours yourself at MCO! I never anticipated it being an issue but it's definitely something I'll need to consider for future trips! Welcome aboard. :)

I envy you @blgauger. I am a paranoid traveler lol at least until I'm there.

Lol it'll probably bite me in the butt some day. :rolleyes:

So excited that you started your report! And even more excited that you already have another trip in the works!

You guys do good to share one suitcase. I'm such a packing freak, I usually make my husband carry his own but we drive so that definitely makes a difference.

Following along :).

I take the bare minimum.. I've become quite skilled in the art of packing over my years of traveling. Heather makes up for my lack of packing though lol. Thanks for following! :)

Tink!! :joyfull:

Thanks for posting the pictures of your resort. I'm not familiar with the Values, and I always enjoy seeing photos of the different places people stay. I think you had a very nice and functional guest room. The design elements looked a lot more welcoming than I had expected. :)

Looking forward to more of your TR!

Isn't she the cutest!? :inlove:

Not many here seem to stay at the Values, so I take it upon myself to "educate" my fellow forum members on what they have to offer. :rolleyes: I think the rooms are great! We spend very little time there so it's not worth it to pay extra for a moderate or deluxe. Thanks for following! :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Day 2: Magic Kingdom, 6/8/16

We rose bright and early the next morning to Circle of Life, which is always the song I use for my alarm when in Disney. :) We got ready and were out the door to catch a bus to Magic Kingdom! There were EMH at 8am and we arrived at 7:45am to an already open park! Spoiler alert: We didn't make the Welcome Show even once this trip. :cry: I'm still upset about it. It took us until about 8am to get through bag check and security. I was randomly selected twice and Heather was selected once. Not too shabby for a week of park going! I was worried after what @lostpro9het dealt with. Maybe it is your cargo shorts. ;)

GOOD MORNING!
IMG_2158.JPG

We went through the gates and completed the first of many "firsts" this trip: took pictures on the bench with Roy and Minnie! In all my years of going to Disney I've always missed doing this! Not this year!

That view is just absolutely breathtaking! Of course, this picture happened AFTER I had my fangirl moment over seeing the castle for the first time this trip. :inlove: While we were taking this picture, Pluto came out for his meet and greet by the flag pole and leaned over the ropes, trying to get Heather's attention. I literally JUMPED off of that bench and went running over to him.. Yes I am a 3 year old child when it comes to characters. :hilarious: Give me a break, it was my first character sighting this trip! He hugged me and gave me a big ol' sloppy puppy dog kiss before returning to his meet and greet. :D
IMG_2160.JPG

We continued down Main Street and hit up a PhotoPass photographer for some obligatory castle pictures!
MK_MSATHCLB_20160608_7710104794.jpeg

MK_MSATHCLB_20160608_7710104797.jpeg

Magic shot! I like these even more now that I have a pup named after her. :)
MK_MSATHCLB_20160608_7710104800.jpeg

Castle selfie! Side note: We saw MULTIPLE people using selfie sticks over the course of our trip. With all that's been going on in Orlando, it kind of worries me that those things slipped past Disney security.
IMG_2164.JPG

I'm home! :joyfull:
IMG_2165.JPG

After we finished our photo shoot, we headed for Space Mountain which was a walk on! I still can't decide if this lady did that on purpose or what her deal was because she remained that way for the majority of the ride. :bored:
MK_SPACEMOUNTAINA_20160609_7710929777.jpeg

After Space, we headed for Peter Pan because it had a low wait time according to the app. However, by the time we got there it had increased to 35 minutes and we didn't have time to wait or we'd miss our breakfast ADR.

Heather looks at me and says, "What's the wait time for it's a small world? Let's get that out of the way." She absolutely HATES this ride and I force her to do it once a trip because you HAVE to. It screams Disney! She was miserable the entire time which made it that much more enjoyable for me. :hilarious:

Such a fake smile hahaha. And then there's me. :D
IMG_2167.JPG

I love this new feature! It seems that things like this are starting to pop up all over the parks. I'm sure kids get really excited when they see their name!
IMG_2169.JPG

blreinsel

Original Poster
We checked in for our 9:10am ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table a little early at 9am. This was my second time dining here (I've also done lunch), but it was Heather's first time.
IMG_2172.JPG

We were sent right in for pictures with Cinderella!
IMG_1570.JPG

IMG_1568.JPG

Do you see what I see? :)
IMG_2174.JPG

She was absolutely stunning! This "meet and greet" is a little rushed as the CM's are also working to keep ADR's on schedule, so we made sure to fit this lovely lady in again later on!
MK_CRTLOBBYCHAR_20160608_7710132553.jpeg

We were called upstairs at 9:20am.
IMG_2175.jpg

Please excuse my hair.. The humidity was SO BAD. :banghead:
IMG_2176.JPG

We were brought a plate of pastries to start and boy, oh, boy were they yummy! I'm not entirely sure what all is included.. I know that I had a blueberry (Mickey shaped!) muffin but other than that I was just trying things without really knowing what they were lol.
IMG_1574.JPG

I ordered the Caramel Apple Stuffed French Toast. I highly recommend it!
IMG_1575.JPG

Heather had the Traditional Breakfast. You can't really go wrong with the classics.
IMG_1576.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom