Trip Report The Princesses Take On Disney!

We have returned from another magical, pixie dust filled trip to WDW! We accomplished A LOT considering the time of year we visited, including some new things!

If you didn't get a chance to read my PTR and would like to, you can find it here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-princesses-return.908683/

And now, without further ado...

Day 1: Travel Day, 6/7/16

Being that we don't live together, we finished packing at our respective houses and then met at my parents' (which is right in the middle) to put things in our big, shared suitcase. We struggle every year to be under the weight requirement lol. Our airline has a 40 pound limit or else you have to pay an additional fee, so we take carry ons (as big as permitted) and stuff them full as well. :rolleyes: Anyway, we got everything packed and weighed our suitcase to see where we stood... 48 pounds. Not even close. :hilarious: So we started unloading and putting things in our carry ons, deciding that some things could be left behind, etc. Finally we got it down to 39 pounds and were ready to go!

This was one of the things that had to stay behind. :( Everybody kept asking me who I would miss more: my boyfriend, Dylan, or Tink. The jury is still out on that one. ;)
IMG_2136.JPG

Ready to roll!
IMG_2140.JPG

We had a 7:00pm flight out of Latrobe, PA so got on the road at 3:00pm. It takes just under 2 hours to get there from home and the airport only has one gate, making security a breeze. We stopped near the airport and grabbed dinner at Denny's.

We arrived at the airport at 6pm and had checked our bag, gone through security, and used the restroom all by 6:15pm. Gotta love it! Our flight actually took off at 6:54, so just a few minutes ahead of schedule which was nice.

Peace out PA!

IMG_2145.JPG

I sat next to this lady on the plane that I will absolutely never forget. I don't even know how to begin to describe her! She was probably in her 60's or 70's and was an absolute diva - LOVE IT. She talked to us the entire flight and we pretty much learned her life story lol. She has a house here in PA and another in FL. She was flying down for the week to attend her granddaughter's preschool graduation. Like I said, we literally talked about everything, but once she found out we were heading to Disney she shared that she worked as a CM for her first job in 1971. She alternated between playing Dopey and working concessions (sometimes in the same day). She went to college and worked as a nurse for 30 years. It's hard to describe here, but she was HILARIOUS and we quoted her throughout our trip lol. Just to give you an idea.. At one point the lady in front of us turned around and said, "Could you talk quieter?" We were honestly not talking loudly, and certainly not as loudly as the man behind us. But she looks at us and goes, "I know enough to not cause trouble on a plane, but I've done my service to this country and I don't have to listen to her!" And then after getting off the plane, she saw the lady bending over getting something out of her bag and she goes, "I oughta go over there and kick her right in the ***." :hilarious: She was something else. Sorry, that was more wordy than I anticipated!

Anyway, we landed at 8:46, also ahead of schedule! The flight was a little bumpy due to the storm, but nothing major! We headed right for my favorite thing at MCO...

I GET SO EXCITED ABOUT MAGICAL EXPRESS. :D
IMG_2146.JPG

We boarded immediately and pulled out right away at 9:20pm.
IMG_2149.JPG

Magical Express selfie! The excitement is evident!
IMG_2150.JPG

We stopped at Coronado Springs first, and then our stop, All Star Sports! We arrived at 10pm.

Last year our pin numbers weren't setup properly and we had major issues at the end of the week sorting it all out. So the first thing we did this year upon arrival was head straight to the front desk to make sure they got setup the right way. We talked with Rachel who was an absolutely magical first CM to interact with. I made the comment that she should be working as a princess because she just had the energy and silliness for it. The CM's really do make all the difference!

tedsgibson

I sometimes have to question the abilities of the PhotoPass photographers.. This picture isn't even close to being centered and half of Heather's arm is missing. People pay a lot of money for Memory Maker so getting pictures like this is pretty disappointing to say the least.

you are not alone, I was very disappointed with the quality of several of the pictures that the photo pass photographers took for us. i had several out of focus, not centered like yours and some not straight/level. yes i will pay the money again but seriously this is not cool. not only the money but stand in line for a picture that i paid for and paid to be in the park. it should be pro quality.

blreinsel

Original Poster
This makes me so excited because I have literally been switching around my ADRs like a madwoman and booked this on a whim. It's really all that's available now for the day I'll be there in November so I am glad to hear good things!! (I think I am stuck with this so don't tempt me otherwise.. LOL)) And the food looks delish :) :)

The food is wonderful!!!! You will seriously love it! :)

Love the Olaf pictures! Where abouts do you meet him? We love 50's prime time, always a must do.

Thank you! He's near where the Frozen show is now.. Where American Idol used to be. On the side of that building. :)

I am so jealous that you got to meet Olaf! I love him! Sorry you missed out on his autograph . 50's Prime Time has been on my list for a long time and I still haven't managed to eat there. One of these days I will finally try a peanut butter and jelly milkshake!

He was so cute! You definitely need to try 50's Prime Time! I considered switching out my drink for a milkshake but decided against it since I knew we had dessert coming!

I think 50's Prime Time looks so cute, but I don't know that I'd actually like that kind of interaction... I'm strange. LOL!

Oh come on now.. When in Disney! ;) It's a lot of fun!

I don't think you're strange, I haven't been there for the same reason. I'm thinking I might actually get annoyed if someone keeps telling me to get my elbows off the table (it is something I do :D)
Maybe someday

@blgauger Great trip report, good luck on a Disney/castle proposal!

You need to try it at least once! Thanks for following! :)

Your report on Prime Time Cafe really brought back some great memories! Fantastic review!!!

Happy to help. :) Thanks for following!

I sometimes have to question the abilities of the PhotoPass photographers.. This picture isn't even close to being centered and half of Heather's arm is missing. People pay a lot of money for Memory Maker so getting pictures like this is pretty disappointing to say the least.

you are not alone, I was very disappointed with the quality of several of the pictures that the photo pass photographers took for us. i had several out of focus, not centered like yours and some not straight/level. yes i will pay the money again but seriously this is not cool. not only the money but stand in line for a picture that i paid for and paid to be in the park. it should be pro quality.

My thoughts exactly! I get really irritated when pictures with favorite characters are subpar. I can always get another picture in front of the castle, but I'm not going to wait 30 minutes for a character or use up another FP+ just because my picture didn't turn out when it should have.

Last year when we met Tinkerbell, the photographer's batteries died and so there was nobody. We literally had one picture and it was crappy because it was on my phone and it didn't do well in that lighting. So we did end up having to use up a FP+ on meeting her again later in the week. So un-Disney like. :(

This picture made me laugh out loud--Olaf is just too funny looking!!! :hilarious: (Side note: I'm not a fan of Frozen at all, but I do really like Olaf, regardless!!) :happy:

He's so cute! He does look funny in selfie version though. :)

Love 50s Prime Time!! Especially their pot roast :)

I feel like anything there would be amazing! :p

You seem to have such great character interactions!! I always go up with good intentions with things to say but then freeze. I'm always wondering if they're thinking...why is this crazy 40 year old acting like I'm real. o_O

Haha! I sometimes think that too, but then I just don't care because I'm in Disney! :D Character interactions are my favorite part of my trips!

Doc Disney

There was a girl in their party who is a CM at BBB at Disney Springs. And I know that because she was broadcasting it to the entire restaurant. It's great that you get to work in this magical place, but you're actually ruining the magic by sharing "behind the scenes" information loud enough for everybody else to hear. It was incredibly annoying.

AHH! I hate this! This happened to my Mom and I at the Christmas Party last year and I wanted to die inside a little the more and more they talked about the behind the scenes stuff

jrogue

The 50s Prime Time is one od my favorite restaurants! Once my sister and boyfriend told on me for not finishing my food and they both got in trouble and had to stand with their noses against the wall :hilarious::hilarious:

Glad to see you had such a great time!! Your food looks so yummy

Also you are right, that photopass guy was awful!!! What is going on with them? A couple of mine werent that great either

blreinsel

Original Poster
The 50s Prime Time is one od my favorite restaurants! Once my sister and boyfriend told on me for not finishing my food and they both got in trouble and had to stand with their noses against the wall :hilarious::hilarious:

Glad to see you had such a great time!! Your food looks so yummy

Also you are right, that photopass guy was awful!!! What is going on with them? A couple of mine werent that great either

I feel like it's a hidden gem! I love it there! Glad I'm not alone with the PhotoPass issues.. It's really disappointing. :(

Ciara

It was finally time for one of our most anticipated ADR's of the trip.. 50's Prime Time Cafe! We ate here last year on a whim and loved it, so it was a must do again this year.
View attachment 147147

We checked in at 12:35pm and were told to wait until our table was ready. The theming here is so well done.
View attachment 147148

View attachment 147149

We were finally called back at 1:05pm and were introduced to our server, Aunt Deb. She took our drink orders and told us we needed to have the table set before she returned. Well, this is new. We just stared at each other like o_O

If I ever learned anything from watching SpongeBob as a kid it's this: the fork goes on the left. Anybody else remember that episode? :hilarious: Aunt Deb returned with our drinks and told us that we'd done a great job. Whew!
View attachment 147150

View attachment 147151

View attachment 147152

I went with Grandma's Chicken Pot Pie, which is the same thing I had last year, but it was so good and I couldn't resist getting it again!
View attachment 147155

Heather went with Cousin Ann's Traditional Meatloaf.
View attachment 147153

Aunt Deb was pretty easy on us, but we were also pretty well behaved. ;) It is extremely difficult to sit without putting your elbows on the table! The table next to us kept getting in trouble for sitting like that and also for having their phones out.

There was a girl in their party who is a CM at BBB at Disney Springs. And I know that because she was broadcasting it to the entire restaurant. It's great that you get to work in this magical place, but you're actually ruining the magic by sharing "behind the scenes" information loud enough for everybody else to hear. It was incredibly annoying.

Anyway.. Aunt Deb made Heather eat some more of her green beans before we were allowed to order dessert. :rolleyes: I went with Dad's Brownie Sundae, which we also had last year but agreed we needed it again. :p
View attachment 147157

Heather went with Mom's Favorite Chocolate Peanut Butter Layers Cake. SO GOOD.
View attachment 147156

We did a lot more "food sharing" this trip and it worked out well because we were able to try a lot more things!

I can't recommend eating here enough.. The food is great and it's good old fashioned fun, especially when the CM's are on their A-game.

Its lunch time and you're making me hungry! Love prime time :p

blreinsel

Original Poster
Its lunch time and you're making me hungry! Love prime time :p

I hate when that happens! Nothing I make will ever be as good as the things I eat at Disney. :rolleyes:

Congrats on booking your trip! I considered booking my next trip today, but decided to wait until the room discounts are released to decide which resort I want to stay at.

Ciara

I hate when that happens! Nothing I make will ever be as good as the things I eat at Disney. :rolleyes:

Congrats on booking your trip! I considered booking my next trip today, but decided to wait until the room discounts are released to decide which resort I want to stay at.

Right? Even the worst food at Disney is the best! Haha

Im super excited about it! I just wish it was sooner of course :rolleyes: Will you be going the same time?

blreinsel

Original Poster
Right? Even the worst food at Disney is the best! Haha

Im super excited about it! I just wish it was sooner of course :rolleyes: Will you be going the same time?

No, unfortunately being on a "teacher's schedule" I'm not able to get away in the fall. :( I desperately want to go at that time someday but just don't know if I'll ever be able to make it happen. We'll go in early June, right after school lets out for the summer.

Ciara

No, unfortunately being on a "teacher's schedule" I'm not able to get away in the fall. :( I desperately want to go at that time someday but just don't know if I'll ever be able to make it happen. We'll go in early June, right after school lets out for the summer.

One nice thing about summer though is the longer hours! Parks close around 7pm when we go and i hate it because i really love the parks at night :( Either way, excited your already planning on going back!

blreinsel

Original Poster
One nice thing about summer though is the longer hours! Parks close around 7pm when we go and i hate it because i really love the parks at night :( Either way, excited your already planning on going back!

Yes for sure! And I rarely have to deal with refurbs since they seem to try to avoid doing them during peak season.

blreinsel

Original Poster
After our yummy lunch, we walked toward Pixar Place. We stopped for a few PhotoPass pictures and let me just say that this was one of the most awkward photo sessions I've ever had. He insisted that we put our heads together and it was so uncomfortable and unnecessary and just WEIRD.
STUDIO_PIXARARCH_20160610_7712441864.jpeg

We continued walking and ran into the Green Army Men so stopped for a quick picture! He was excited that I handed him a green marker to sign with. :)
IMG_2315.JPG

IMG_2319.JPG

We left our friend and made our way to our next FP+.. Toy Story Mania of course! The FP+ line was spilling out the door when we got there, however it only took us 5 minutes to get through.

My dad and I used to play Candy Land all the time. :)
IMG_2321.JPG

I don't remember ever noticing the ceilings before.. It just goes to show how easy it is to miss the little Disney details in the hustle and bustle that comes along with park going.
IMG_2324.JPG

I always love looking at Andy's drawings on the walls. :)
IMG_2326.JPG

IMG_2327.JPG

IMG_2328.JPG

I won and was pretty pleased with my score! I know it's not actually even that great of a score, but it's probably the best I've ever gotten because I'm terrible at these games haha.
IMG_2330.JPG

Plus I was best in vehicle! :D
IMG_2331.JPG

blreinsel

Original Poster
After our spin on Toy Story Mania, we hopped in line to meet Buzz and Woody. I don't remember exactly how long we waited but it wasn't bad at all. We entertained ourselves along the way... :rolleyes:

IMG_2333.JPG

IMG_2334.JPG

IMG_2335.JPG

IMG_2336.JPG

IMG_2338.JPG

IMG_2339.JPG

The boys were full of energy and flirty as always! However, our PhotoPass photographer was not. Noticing a trend here? He stood there and talked to the CM the entire time we were interacting with Buzz and Woody. They were doing all kinds of crazy things and now, because I have no pictures of it, I can't even remember what they were doing. I do remember Woody going up to the photographer and putting my photo mat up to his face. He was very clearly trying to get him to take a picture of him being silly and the photographer literally looked at him and said, "what?" He kept trying and trying and the photographer just ignored him. Some of my favorite pictures are the ones that are candids and capture the moment and the memories. I was extremely irritated. It is your job to photograph what's going on with the characters. It is not your job to stand there and socialize. I don't mean to be negative, but come on!

Anyway, here are the few shots he actually did get.
STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_20160610_7712512297.jpeg

STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_20160610_7712515060.jpeg

STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_20160610_7712515061.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom