Trip Report The Princesses Take On Disney!

We have returned from another magical, pixie dust filled trip to WDW! We accomplished A LOT considering the time of year we visited, including some new things!

If you didn't get a chance to read my PTR and would like to, you can find it here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-princesses-return.908683/

And now, without further ado...

Day 1: Travel Day, 6/7/16

Being that we don't live together, we finished packing at our respective houses and then met at my parents' (which is right in the middle) to put things in our big, shared suitcase. We struggle every year to be under the weight requirement lol. Our airline has a 40 pound limit or else you have to pay an additional fee, so we take carry ons (as big as permitted) and stuff them full as well. :rolleyes: Anyway, we got everything packed and weighed our suitcase to see where we stood... 48 pounds. Not even close. :hilarious: So we started unloading and putting things in our carry ons, deciding that some things could be left behind, etc. Finally we got it down to 39 pounds and were ready to go!

This was one of the things that had to stay behind. :( Everybody kept asking me who I would miss more: my boyfriend, Dylan, or Tink. The jury is still out on that one. ;)
IMG_2136.JPG

Ready to roll!
IMG_2140.JPG

We had a 7:00pm flight out of Latrobe, PA so got on the road at 3:00pm. It takes just under 2 hours to get there from home and the airport only has one gate, making security a breeze. We stopped near the airport and grabbed dinner at Denny's.

We arrived at the airport at 6pm and had checked our bag, gone through security, and used the restroom all by 6:15pm. Gotta love it! Our flight actually took off at 6:54, so just a few minutes ahead of schedule which was nice.

Peace out PA!

IMG_2145.JPG

I sat next to this lady on the plane that I will absolutely never forget. I don't even know how to begin to describe her! She was probably in her 60's or 70's and was an absolute diva - LOVE IT. She talked to us the entire flight and we pretty much learned her life story lol. She has a house here in PA and another in FL. She was flying down for the week to attend her granddaughter's preschool graduation. Like I said, we literally talked about everything, but once she found out we were heading to Disney she shared that she worked as a CM for her first job in 1971. She alternated between playing Dopey and working concessions (sometimes in the same day). She went to college and worked as a nurse for 30 years. It's hard to describe here, but she was HILARIOUS and we quoted her throughout our trip lol. Just to give you an idea.. At one point the lady in front of us turned around and said, "Could you talk quieter?" We were honestly not talking loudly, and certainly not as loudly as the man behind us. But she looks at us and goes, "I know enough to not cause trouble on a plane, but I've done my service to this country and I don't have to listen to her!" And then after getting off the plane, she saw the lady bending over getting something out of her bag and she goes, "I oughta go over there and kick her right in the ***." :hilarious: She was something else. Sorry, that was more wordy than I anticipated!

Anyway, we landed at 8:46, also ahead of schedule! The flight was a little bumpy due to the storm, but nothing major! We headed right for my favorite thing at MCO...

I GET SO EXCITED ABOUT MAGICAL EXPRESS. :D
IMG_2146.JPG

We boarded immediately and pulled out right away at 9:20pm.
IMG_2149.JPG

Magical Express selfie! The excitement is evident!
IMG_2150.JPG

We stopped at Coronado Springs first, and then our stop, All Star Sports! We arrived at 10pm.

Last year our pin numbers weren't setup properly and we had major issues at the end of the week sorting it all out. So the first thing we did this year upon arrival was head straight to the front desk to make sure they got setup the right way. We talked with Rachel who was an absolutely magical first CM to interact with. I made the comment that she should be working as a princess because she just had the energy and silliness for it. The CM's really do make all the difference!

samantha788

Such a great report and trip! I'm so sad it's over :( but, so excited that next year you get to go with your boyfriend! That is a dream I can't wait to fulfill someday (just need the whole boyfriend part first ;)haha)
Have so much fun in Universal!! I look forward to reading about it. It'd kill me to be so close and not get in any Disney time:p

blreinsel

Original Poster
Florida/Universal/IOA Pre-Trip Report :)

Just a quick rundown of the cast and itinerary!

My dad (Jeff), my mom (Robin), and my brother (Michael).
10547619_771788966176668_8642426002085281916_n.jpg

My adorable nephew (Peyton) who will turn 8 during the trip. :)
13619939_1257991277552777_2175639206787633663_n.jpg

Yours truly and my Prince Charming.. Dylan (I refuse to not be a Disney freak during this trip). I thought you'd also like to see Tink while we're at it. ;)
thumb_IMG_2847_1024.jpg

We fly out of Latrobe on Friday, 7/29 at 7:00pm. We'll land at MCO around 9:15pm.

My parents own a house in Leesburg, so that's where we'll be staying for the entirety of our trip. It's about an hour to Universal from there.

Saturday, 7/30: We're not sure what we're doing this day yet. TBA :)

Sunday, 7/31: My dad isn't arriving until later Sunday night. We have 3 day passes to Universal/IOA (my brother is in the military and that's the package they offer), so we'll be heading there for our first park day!

Monday, 8/1: My dad will join us at Universal/IOA. Our park plans are completely open for all 3 days.. Totally unlike what I'm used to. o_O I want to eat at Bubba Gump's one of the nights we're there because Dylan LOVES Forrest Gump. It was the first movie we watched together. :) I love this restaurant so it's a perfect match!

Tuesday, 8/2: Last Uni/IOA day

Wednesday, 8/3 (Peyton's birthday): Another open day! We've talked about a water park or the beach. Also TBA :)

Thursday, 8/4: Departure day.. Our flight leaves MCO at 3:53pm.

Definitely not as involved of a PTR as what we WDW Magic folk are used to, but you can at least put faces with the members of the cast. :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Such a great report and trip! I'm so sad it's over :( but, so excited that next year you get to go with your boyfriend! That is a dream I can't wait to fulfill someday (just need the whole boyfriend part first ;)haha)
Have so much fun in Universal!! I look forward to reading about it. It'd kill me to be so close and not get in any Disney time:p

Lol! That's definitely an important ingredient to a boyfriend Disney trip. ;)

It IS killing me! :cry: But it just wasn't in the cards and I didn't push it because I want Dylan's first Disney trip to be the whole package.. Not just a taste. And I definitely don't want him to feel rushed! Otherwise we'd be going. ;)

prfctlyximprct

I am so upset your report is over! But thank you again for taking me along for the ride! We truly are each others lifelines in our down time from Orlando! Looking forward to your Uni trip, as I am still clueless about anything to do with Universal! It has been sooooo tough trying to plan anything for my Uni days, so I will definitely be keeping an eye out for your trip report! (And probably stealing all your must-do's) I hope you have so much fun!

And aren't you the luckiest little princess to have a future trip already to look forward to! Enjoy your pre-trip feelings, and Disney with the boyfriend will be amazing!!! :) Here's hoping I leave my trip with a fiance, MUHAHAHA

FlaggNL

Thanks for all the updates and the final thoughts! Sad that the TR is over! But great that you have a Disney future in the make again! And off couse I will follow the UNI TR! Thanks for sharing you stay in the most magical place in the world!

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Great trip report (as always)!! We are flying down on Saturday. We will be in Universal on Saturday afternoon, all day Sunday and Monday morning. It is strange not having any plans going into it. All I know is that we can get in early on Sunday and Monday and that we have some kind of Express pass to skip the lines on some of the rides. We will see how it goes, I guess.
We will be heading back to the "world" that I know and love on Monday through Sunday. I've never done a trip report before, but am inspired by all the great reports I have been reading here lately. Who knows, maybe I will give it a try. Any tips?? :)

Scoppin

Thank you for the reply and all of the information you shared within your reports.

I definitely will be downloading the MDE app. I was just speaking with my neighbour about the trip and she also mentioned the app is a must. But she had some problems with it. However, I think I may wait until we are there before I download it. For the only reason I don't want the kids to see it and as why I have it or what it is for. Not ready to pull this cat out of the bag yet.

I have one other question for you, if you don't mind. I love the idea of the characters signing the picture frame matte. I am currently debating between that and getting 4x6 index cards for the characters to sign and then put them below the respective picture in a photo album. My questions are:

1. Where did you store it on the rides, especially on the water rides?
2. Did they get damaged/bent when you stored them? I will be bringing a backpack for the three of us and not sure if the matte would be 'safe' in there.

Scoppin

Day 8: Departure Day, 6/14/16 :cry:

As always, the last day of our trip had arrived in the blink of an eye. Waking up in Disney is a little less enjoyable when you know it's your last of the trip. :( We packed up the last of our things and said goodbye to room 9310. We made the slow, sad walk to the lobby to checkout and make sure our room charges were settled.

I started a tradition last year that I continued this trip. I love to buy a balloon to float in the room for the week, but of course can't take it home on the plane with me. Instead, I find a little one arriving for their magical trip and give it to him/her. This year, I spotted a brother and sister duo and knew they were the perfect recipients. :) I approached them and asked if they were just starting their trip, to which they replied yes. I explained that we had two balloons that we weren't able to take home with us, and asked if they'd like to have them. They nervously looked at their mom, not sure if they were allowed or not lol. She was so shocked and grateful.. She thanked us multiple times, as did the kids. They were pretty excited about the fact that the balloons lit up. ;) I look forward to this part of the trip.. Creating magic for somebody else is what Disney is all about.

We had time to kill before our Tragical Express arrived, so we grabbed lunch at the food court and just hung out there in the AC for awhile. I grabbed some last minute things in the gift shop, too.

Last meal in Disney. :(
View attachment 153477

I vowed to not forget to spend our leftover snack credits before we left.. So as we're standing at the Tragical Express bus stop Heather goes, "You forgot to use our snack credits!" I dropped everything and took off running back into the food court, grabbed things that could be shoved in our carry ons, and hurried to the checkout. The cashier took one look at me and said, "Leftover snack credits?" Yes. :hilarious: Just as I was paying, Heather texted me and said the bus had arrived. Off I went running again.. I'm sure I looked crazy. :rolleyes:

ANYWAY.. Our Tragical Express ride was at 1:05pm. We rolled our luggage up to the bus driver for him to load it. I said, "You don't have room on there for us, right?" I forget exactly what he said, but he laughed and played along with my antics. ;)

We had an uneventful ride to MCO, however upon arriving I received an email saying our flight had been delayed. Are you kidding me!? After several additional emails, it ended up being delayed until 5:19pm and we didn't actually take off until 5:35pm. Our original flight was to be at 3:53pm. We were not amused. :mad:

Our flight was fine and we touched down in Latrobe at 7:30pm. We collected our bag and made our way to the car. We stopped for one last picture for my golf-loving boyfriend. :)
View attachment 153478

And with that, another magical trip to WDW came to an end. :)

Final thoughts...
I had a great trip with lots of awesome memories, but I'm so ready to start going with Dylan. I think that going with him is going to be such a different experience, and it's certainly one that I'm looking forward to. He's extremely laid back and will force me to slow down and soak it all in.. A welcome change in park touring. I've experienced so many of the "big things" at Disney and I'm excited to start experiencing the "little things" that make WDW what it is.

Once again, I loved staying on property. The Value resorts are great for my trip style, though I am tempted to try and swing a moderate for Dylan and I's trip. We'll see what kind of deals Disney releases before I make a final decision on that. It'll have to be pretty good for me to see it as worth the extra money.

Memory Maker remains a must-do for me. If you have any reservations about it, I'm telling you.. Just do it. You will not regret it. I'm excited to see what kind of "couple" shots we get to take next trip. :inlove:

The Dining Plan.. Holy cow did I love it! The restaurants that we choose to eat at make it worthwhile, and I will continue to pay for it on future trips. It would be really great if Dylan and I could get away when they have free dining, but that probably won't happen for a few years yet. The convenience and ease of using it alone made it worthwhile.

Crowds.. Early June is a great time to go, especially for teachers like myself who can't really go any other time of year. The weather isn't TOO hot yet, and the crowds are manageable with a good park plan. Is it busy? Yes. Is it overwhelming like later in the summer? No. If you have to go during the summer, I recommend going at this time.

Thank you all for following along, and I hope that you'll stay aboard for my Universal/IOA TR that I'll be starting shortly! We leave in 3 days! :D

See ya real soon!

That was a lovely way to end your trip by giving the balloons to those two children to start off their trip on a higher positive note. I am also glad they looked at their mom with a confused look. I would hope my two would as well as they wonder why a strange person was speaking with them. This is something I may add to our trip with my two with the clause they will have to give the balloons to someone checking in when we leave.

We have the free dining plan for when we are down there. I have all the TSs reserved. I believe I have all the QSs planned out. But looking through 'our' current plans I am not certain how the snacks are going to fit in. I don't want to have them to close to dinner as I know some will say they are not hungry. And I hate wasting anything, even if it is free/included. And I would hate leaving with any food credits left behind. Since we are driving, having snacks for the drive home would be a great idea.

We have memory maker. Thought it would be a good idea to be able to actually be in the pictures. History has it I am generally behind the camera and not in front of it. This will be a good change. I just hope we don't get some of your photographers. Even though they may not be professionals or getting paid extremely well, they need to remember they are affecting the results of someone's magical trip. I understand a picture not being perfect as you can just take another one. But, not being interactive is something else. I do know many things can affect someone's attitude which may not be work related, but if you are there to work, then. Besides, they are working in a place that is suppose to be the centre of a magical world. I know I am patient, but not sure if I would be quiet and not say something as they would be affecting my children's magical experience.

Definitely going with the MDE app for when I am there. Going to see how many extra FP+s I can get after our three. Anything I can do to cut down our wait times and experience as much of the parks as we can. Going to see how much we can see/do within the 7 days we are there.

Enjoy your trip to Universal. I know it is not WDW, but sure you will be fine especially since it won't be long before you are back. Also enjoy our trip to WDW with Dylan. I am sure it will be just as enjoyable as this one.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Thanks for all the updates and the final thoughts! Sad that the TR is over! But great that you have a Disney future in the make again! And off couse I will follow the UNI TR! Thanks for sharing you stay in the most magical place in the world!

Thanks for reading! I'm looking forward to having another report to write soon. :)

Great trip report (as always)!! We are flying down on Saturday. We will be in Universal on Saturday afternoon, all day Sunday and Monday morning. It is strange not having any plans going into it. All I know is that we can get in early on Sunday and Monday and that we have some kind of Express pass to skip the lines on some of the rides. We will see how it goes, I guess.
We will be heading back to the "world" that I know and love on Monday through Sunday. I've never done a trip report before, but am inspired by all the great reports I have been reading here lately. Who knows, maybe I will give it a try. Any tips?? :)

I agree! I feel like I'm forgetting something major but I guess that's just the difference in parks. I haven't been to Uni in 6 years, but the layout is mostly the same so I think I'll be just fine. :)

You should definitely do a report! My advice is to take (and share) lots of pictures! Even of things that don't seem significant. As you know, I photograph all of my meals.. I love seeing what others get at the many restaurants because it helps me plan my ADR's for future trips. And even just random scenery pictures. What seems insignificant to you just may be someone else's favorite part of a park. :)

How hard is it going to be to be THAT close to the world and NOT GO??

Thank you for the reply and all of the information you shared within your reports.

I definitely will be downloading the MDE app. I was just speaking with my neighbour about the trip and she also mentioned the app is a must. But she had some problems with it. However, I think I may wait until we are there before I download it. For the only reason I don't want the kids to see it and as why I have it or what it is for. Not ready to pull this cat out of the bag yet.

I have one other question for you, if you don't mind. I love the idea of the characters signing the picture frame matte. I am currently debating between that and getting 4x6 index cards for the characters to sign and then put them below the respective picture in a photo album. My questions are:

1. Where did you store it on the rides, especially on the water rides?
2. Did they get damaged/bent when you stored them? I will be bringing a backpack for the three of us and not sure if the matte would be 'safe' in there.

Good idea waiting to download the app! It really is a lifesaver while there, though.

I got a large shopping bag from one of the gift shops and stored it in there. I was able to wrap the open part of the bag down around the frame which kept the water out. I carry a large purse-type bag in the parks now, however I used to carry a backpack and didn't have any trouble with damage or bending. The only damage I ever had was wet spots, but that's because I didn't have it in a bag. Once I started doing that, I haven't had any issues keeping it in perfect condition! :)

That was a lovely way to end your trip by giving the balloons to those two children to start off their trip on a higher positive note. I am also glad they looked at their mom with a confused look. I would hope my two would as well as they wonder why a strange person was speaking with them. This is something I may add to our trip with my two with the clause they will have to give the balloons to someone checking in when we leave.

We have the free dining plan for when we are down there. I have all the TSs reserved. I believe I have all the QSs planned out. But looking through 'our' current plans I am not certain how the snacks are going to fit in. I don't want to have them to close to dinner as I know some will say they are not hungry. And I hate wasting anything, even if it is free/included. And I would hate leaving with any food credits left behind. Since we are driving, having snacks for the drive home would be a great idea.

We have memory maker. Thought it would be a good idea to be able to actually be in the pictures. History has it I am generally behind the camera and not in front of it. This will be a good change. I just hope we don't get some of your photographers. Even though they may not be professionals or getting paid extremely well, they need to remember they are affecting the results of someone's magical trip. I understand a picture not being perfect as you can just take another one. But, not being interactive is something else. I do know many things can affect someone's attitude which may not be work related, but if you are there to work, then. Besides, they are working in a place that is suppose to be the centre of a magical world. I know I am patient, but not sure if I would be quiet and not say something as they would be affecting my children's magical experience.

Definitely going with the MDE app for when I am there. Going to see how many extra FP+s I can get after our three. Anything I can do to cut down our wait times and experience as much of the parks as we can. Going to see how much we can see/do within the 7 days we are there.

Enjoy your trip to Universal. I know it is not WDW, but sure you will be fine especially since it won't be long before you are back. Also enjoy our trip to WDW with Dylan. I am sure it will be just as enjoyable as this one.

I think the balloon tradition is a fun way to show that giving is just as rewarding as receiving. It makes my heart happy and is a great lesson to learn or be reminded of, no matter what age!

I thought that I would be left with a lot more snack credits at the end of the week than what I was. I only had 3 (and my friend had 3), so I still felt like it was worthwhile. Memory Maker is wonderful, but yes I hope you have better luck with your photographers. I also understand that sometimes pictures don't turn out, but that's why you should always take multiple shots. Any time I am asked to take a picture for someone else, whether at WDW or elsewhere, I always make sure I take at least 3 to guarantee at least one good one. I think that's a good philosophy to have, especially working as a photographer in a theme park.

I think the addition FP+ capability is really going to change when to book the initial 3. I usually space them out, scheduling most in the afternoon or evening. However, I think in the future I'll be more inclined to schedule them all earlier in the day so I'm free to start collecting additional ones at an earlier time.

Looking forward to both trips. :) Thanks for reading along!

blreinsel

Original Poster
I forgot to mention something in my "final thoughts" that I think is worth mentioning.. I took notes for my report in a tablet on the first day and found myself just writing the basic details. The rest of the time, I collected my thoughts in the "Notes" app on my phone. I found that I included a lot more details and was much more inclined to keep up with my notes this way. Though it doesn't seem like a huge hassle, lugging around a tablet and pen and constantly pulling them out to write things down IS annoying. I had my phone in my hand anyway and it gave me something to do while we waited in line for whatever we were doing next.

Just a little tip for those of you new to trip reporting. :) I'll be taking the same route for my Uni trip!

deanna88

I forgot to mention something in my "final thoughts" that I think is worth mentioning.. I took notes for my report in a tablet on the first day and found myself just writing the basic details. The rest of the time, I collected my thoughts in the "Notes" app on my phone. I found that I included a lot more details and was much more inclined to keep up with my notes this way. Though it doesn't seem like a huge hassle, lugging around a tablet and pen and constantly pulling them out to write things down IS annoying. I had my phone in my hand anyway and it gave me something to do while we waited in line for whatever we were doing next.

Just a little tip for those of you new to trip reporting. :) I'll be taking the same route for my Uni trip!

Thats a good tip. I wanted to take notes & pictures for a trip report, so now I'm buying one of those portable chargers for my iphone, bc I doubt it will make it all day!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Thats a good tip. I wanted to take notes & pictures for a trip report, so now I'm buying one of those portable chargers for my iphone, bc I doubt it will make it all day!

I had a charger too.. I was typically okay because I charged when we went back to the room in the afternoon but I did use it some. I also alternated between taking pictures on my phone and on my camera (plus PhotoPass), so that really saved on battery too!

TheMouseFan

Finally all caught up! Fantastic report! I really wish I had a friend to go to Disney with me! All of mine look at me like I'm crazy when I start with the Disney talk!! Can't wait to hear about Uni!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Finally all caught up! Fantastic report! I really wish I had a friend to go to Disney with me! All of mine look at me like I'm crazy when I start with the Disney talk!! Can't wait to hear about Uni!

Lol! A very different experience than taking a family with kids, I'm sure! I'm most excited to go with Dylan.. Our Uni trip will be a preview to what doing Disney with him will be like. :)

kk0311

Such a wonderful trip report!!! Thank you for sharing! We leave in 112 days-- yes I am counting down:D So. loved that you gave your balloons away. We have a little guy and we are going to do the same and make it our tradition too!!!! Have a great time on your next adventure!

LisaBelle

I finally got caught up on your TR. So many things to comment on….
Loved all your Disney birthday gifts! OMG I LOVE that Dylan replaced the golf clock with a princess clock :inlove:. I think he's a keeper ;)!
Congratulations to him on his great placement in the golf tournament.
How could Tink NOT want to look at a picture of your precious puppy :eek:?!
What a great idea to give away your balloons! I am a big kid and always want a balloon even though I know it's not practical. Now I can get one for myself and enjoy it during my trip and then sprinkle some pixie dust for a child when we leave :joyfull:.
Looking forward to hearing all about your experience at Uni. Are you a Harry Potter fan? I've read all the books multiple times, plus I listen to the books on tape on my way to and from school (when I am not listening to Disney music of course!). I loved WWoHP! I think the theming is top notch!
I also love how you get characters to sign postcards for your niece and nephew and mail them from Main Street. Great tradition!
Thanks so much for sharing your report with us. These TRs really do help keep the Disney blues at bay. Well done!
I will be on the lookout for your PTR for your trip with Dylan (he is adorable by the way!).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom