Trip Report The Princesses Take On Disney!

We have returned from another magical, pixie dust filled trip to WDW! We accomplished A LOT considering the time of year we visited, including some new things!

If you didn't get a chance to read my PTR and would like to, you can find it here:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-princesses-return.908683/

And now, without further ado...

Day 1: Travel Day, 6/7/16

Being that we don't live together, we finished packing at our respective houses and then met at my parents' (which is right in the middle) to put things in our big, shared suitcase. We struggle every year to be under the weight requirement lol. Our airline has a 40 pound limit or else you have to pay an additional fee, so we take carry ons (as big as permitted) and stuff them full as well. :rolleyes: Anyway, we got everything packed and weighed our suitcase to see where we stood... 48 pounds. Not even close. :hilarious: So we started unloading and putting things in our carry ons, deciding that some things could be left behind, etc. Finally we got it down to 39 pounds and were ready to go!

This was one of the things that had to stay behind. :( Everybody kept asking me who I would miss more: my boyfriend, Dylan, or Tink. The jury is still out on that one. ;)
IMG_2136.JPG

Ready to roll!
IMG_2140.JPG

We had a 7:00pm flight out of Latrobe, PA so got on the road at 3:00pm. It takes just under 2 hours to get there from home and the airport only has one gate, making security a breeze. We stopped near the airport and grabbed dinner at Denny's.

We arrived at the airport at 6pm and had checked our bag, gone through security, and used the restroom all by 6:15pm. Gotta love it! Our flight actually took off at 6:54, so just a few minutes ahead of schedule which was nice.

Peace out PA!

IMG_2145.JPG

I sat next to this lady on the plane that I will absolutely never forget. I don't even know how to begin to describe her! She was probably in her 60's or 70's and was an absolute diva - LOVE IT. She talked to us the entire flight and we pretty much learned her life story lol. She has a house here in PA and another in FL. She was flying down for the week to attend her granddaughter's preschool graduation. Like I said, we literally talked about everything, but once she found out we were heading to Disney she shared that she worked as a CM for her first job in 1971. She alternated between playing Dopey and working concessions (sometimes in the same day). She went to college and worked as a nurse for 30 years. It's hard to describe here, but she was HILARIOUS and we quoted her throughout our trip lol. Just to give you an idea.. At one point the lady in front of us turned around and said, "Could you talk quieter?" We were honestly not talking loudly, and certainly not as loudly as the man behind us. But she looks at us and goes, "I know enough to not cause trouble on a plane, but I've done my service to this country and I don't have to listen to her!" And then after getting off the plane, she saw the lady bending over getting something out of her bag and she goes, "I oughta go over there and kick her right in the ***." :hilarious: She was something else. Sorry, that was more wordy than I anticipated!

Anyway, we landed at 8:46, also ahead of schedule! The flight was a little bumpy due to the storm, but nothing major! We headed right for my favorite thing at MCO...

I GET SO EXCITED ABOUT MAGICAL EXPRESS. :D
IMG_2146.JPG

We boarded immediately and pulled out right away at 9:20pm.
IMG_2149.JPG

Magical Express selfie! The excitement is evident!
IMG_2150.JPG

We stopped at Coronado Springs first, and then our stop, All Star Sports! We arrived at 10pm.

Last year our pin numbers weren't setup properly and we had major issues at the end of the week sorting it all out. So the first thing we did this year upon arrival was head straight to the front desk to make sure they got setup the right way. We talked with Rachel who was an absolutely magical first CM to interact with. I made the comment that she should be working as a princess because she just had the energy and silliness for it. The CM's really do make all the difference!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Next up was Pluto! I love how he decided to sign my mat. :)
IMG_2482.JPG

I also had him sign a postcard to send to my nephew. He was struggling a little bit. :rolleyes: When he was done, he couldn't pick it back up off the wall and ended up dropping it and got frustrated. :p
IMG_2483.JPG

I showed him a picture of Tink on my phone and he made a huge fuss over her. We talked about how pretty she is and he requested that I hook them up. :hilarious:
IMG_2485.JPG

Pluto was the first character that I ever took a selfie with. :) Now I take them all the time!
IMG_2486.JPG

After Pluto left, Chip came back to see us again. I asked him if he wanted to sit down and eat with us.. He proceeded to sit down in the chair next to me and look at (mess with) all of our stuff that was laying on the table. We told him that Dale still hadn't been over to see us.. He grabbed our photo mats, jumped up, and took off with them! He tracked Dale down (we could see them from our table) and scolded him for not visiting us yet! It was adorable to see them "fighting" lol. Chip made quite a bit of chaos before returning to our table with our photo mats, complete with Dale's signature. I thought it was a really nice gesture, but we decided to wait on him so we could get pictures too!

The other 3 characters visited us multiple times before Dale finally made his way around. But, he made it worth our wait when he did finally arrive! He acknowledged our Mickey nails and told us that we needed to get him on our nails for next year. :) He kept making faces/gestures at Mickey, who was a few tables away. He said that he enjoys picking on him. :rolleyes:

IMG_2489.JPG

So lovable. :inlove:
IMG_2492.JPG

IMG_2487.JPG

So if you haven't figured it out by now, I LOVE GARDEN GRILL. Seriously, if there is one recommendation you take from my TR, try this place out! It could very easily become an every trip must do for me. The food is fantastic and the character interactions were fun, high energy, and not at all rushed. I can't recommend it enough!

We left the restaurant and went to use the restroom before heading back out to the park. I mention this because it's when we discovered this little dilemma inside Heather's bag. :jawdrop:
IMG_2491.JPG

It was all over everything. It took us quite awhile to get everything cleaned off and her bag rinsed out. We're not exactly sure how it happened, but made sure to keep it in a Ziploc bag the rest of the trip!

We had FP+ for Test Track, which I haven't ridden in years and Heather has never ridden. We were SO excited for this one! However, as our luck would have it, it was closed due to weather. :arghh: It wasn't even raining! We were devastated, especially because the same thing happened last year on our trip. :cry: They gave us paper FP+ for another attraction, but it was like 8:30pm and the park closed at 9pm. They were pretty much useless.

We hadn't done Nemo yet so we headed that way. We used the FP+ even though we didn't need them.
IMG_1735.JPG

Mine!
IMG_2493.JPG

blreinsel

Original Poster
We debated between doing Turtle Talk with Crush or Soarin' and decided on the latter. We walked outside and I pulled up MDE to check the wait time. When I did, Test Track no longer said closed so we ran back over to try and ride. WE WERE IN LUCK! :D We got in line at 9:59pm and walked right on!
IMG_2496.JPG

IMG_2495.JPG

It was better than I remember and Heather loved it, too! :D It was a perfect way to end the night!
thumb_EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_20160613_7714847132_1024.jpg

After that, the park was closed and we started making our way out. We stopped for a few pictures along the way. Spaceship Earth literally does not have a bad angle. It's so beautiful!
IMG_2497.JPG

IMG_2498.JPG

EPCOT_ECENTR2_20160613_7714855202.jpeg

I was actually glad that the park closed so early because it allowed us to get back and into bed a little earlier than normal. I'm really starting to enjoy and appreciate Epcot more and more each time I go. I'm really excited to take Dylan there next year because I know he'll love it too. :)

My pedometer unfortunately reset at some point without my knowledge so today's stats are "at least" numbers. :(

9.64 miles walked
12, 718 steps

Last edited:

AliceJaina

Love your report so far!
I've never eaten at CRT, we have plans for breakfast in December. I'm totally ordering that French toast, looks delicious. So glad you posted a picture of it.
Can't wait to read more.

LisaBelle

All caught up! OMG! I have never been to Garden Grill, but after reading about it in several TRs I really think I am going to have to check it out. I love the vegetable boat ride so it would be fun to see that while we eat and of course visit with all the characters! I love Mickey in his overalls! Way too cute!
We probably won't be going back until summer of 2018 so my list of ADRs will be HUGE by then! My problem will be convincing my family to try all these places. In the past we avoided TS meals because they are time consuming and we didn't want to take away any of our precious park time to eat. Our first visit our kids were young and we only did one ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table. That's kind of the way we've rolled eating mainly QS meals, but adding in one or two TS meals each trip. But after reading all these TRs I have a long list of new restaurants to try. When my sister and I went in February we had the dining plan and enjoyed all of our TS meals. I think I have my daughter convinced, now I just have to convince my husband and son! I guess we'll just have to plan a long trip to get in as many ADRs as possible!!
You had so many awesome character interactions! I was hoping to meet Joy and Sadness in February but they weren't there yet. My daughter and I love Sadness! I want to meet Olaf, too! Hopefully they will still be there on our next trip.
So happy you were able to get on Test Track. It's extra magical when you've resigned yourself to the fact that you probably won't get to ride something and then the pixie dust kicks in!!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Love your report so far!
I've never eaten at CRT, we have plans for breakfast in December. I'm totally ordering that French toast, looks delicious. So glad you posted a picture of it.
Can't wait to read more.

Thank you! :) The French Toast was really good! CRT is something that I think everyone needs to try at least once being that it's in the castle. I hope you have a good meal!

All caught up! OMG! I have never been to Garden Grill, but after reading about it in several TRs I really think I am going to have to check it out. I love the vegetable boat ride so it would be fun to see that while we eat and of course visit with all the characters! I love Mickey in his overalls! Way too cute!
We probably won't be going back until summer of 2018 so my list of ADRs will be HUGE by then! My problem will be convincing my family to try all these places. In the past we avoided TS meals because they are time consuming and we didn't want to take away any of our precious park time to eat. Our first visit our kids were young and we only did one ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table. That's kind of the way we've rolled eating mainly QS meals, but adding in one or two TS meals each trip. But after reading all these TRs I have a long list of new restaurants to try. When my sister and I went in February we had the dining plan and enjoyed all of our TS meals. I think I have my daughter convinced, now I just have to convince my husband and son! I guess we'll just have to plan a long trip to get in as many ADRs as possible!!
You had so many awesome character interactions! I was hoping to meet Joy and Sadness in February but they weren't there yet. My daughter and I love Sadness! I want to meet Olaf, too! Hopefully they will still be there on our next trip.
So happy you were able to get on Test Track. It's extra magical when you've resigned yourself to the fact that you probably won't get to ride something and then the pixie dust kicks in!!

I used to be so against doing TS meals because of the time factor and would only book one per trip. However, I now plan at least one per day because it's a nice break from the heat and from the hustle and bustle that comes along with park touring. I really enjoy trying all the awesome restaurants Disney has to offer!

Our character interactions this trip were great! I hope you get to meet everyone on your list next trip. :)

The TT pixie dust was an awesome way to end our day! It was a lot of fun riding at night, too!

LOVE The Garden Grill! Just curious, did they take away the fish and replace with sausage?

Me too! They must have, because there was no mention of it during our meal.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Day 7: Magic Kingdom, 6/13/16

We slept in a little today and did some packing before heading to Magic Kingdom around 12pm. I knew when we opened the door we were going to be greeted with a devastating sight. :(

Please don't make me go. :cry::cry::cry:
IMG_2578.JPG

There was a long, slow moving line for security but once again, no one was complaining. We had some time before our lunch ADR so decided to meet Woody and Jessie in their new location. We waited about 30 minutes in the hot, blistering sun.. Definitely not ideal but we survived! Today was the hottest day of our entire trip.
MK_FRNTCHR1_20160613_7715222245.jpeg

MK_FRNTCHR1_20160613_7715222256.jpeg

Our interaction with them made the wait totally worth it.. They were hilarious! We were fortunate enough to meet them right after they had went in for a break, so they had lots of energy. Jessie drew hearts around Buzz's signature on my photo mat and Woody was getting so jealous. To get back at her, he alternated between chasing her around, messing up her hair, tickling her, and hugging us. They relentlessly picked on each other the entire time.. You can tell by our faces that we were getting a big kick out of them. :)
MK_FRNTCHR1_20160613_7715222600.jpeg

Woody was checking out my Alex and Ani bracelets.. He liked the one with the castle best. :)
MK_FRNTCHR1_20160613_7715222601.jpeg

Jessie decided to check them out, too. Judging by the way she's standing, I think she probably scolded Woody for flirting again while she was at it. :)
MK_FRNTCHR1_20160613_7715222602.jpeg

They left each other alone long enough to snap a picture. ;) They spent a huge amount of time with us, especially considering that this is an outdoor meet and greet. I'm so glad we took the time to meet them! I commented on how hot it must be in the costumes and the CM said that that have to wring their shirts out after only 20 minutes of a meet and greet. No thank you!
MK_FRNTCHR1_20160613_7715222247.jpeg

We started making our way toward our ADR and stopped for some PhotoPass pictures on the way!
thumb_MK_RAPUNZELTOWER_20160613_7715237460_1024.jpg

I love this magic shot! :D Pascal is adorable!
MK_RAPUNZELTOWER_20160613_7715235211.jpeg

MK_RAPUNZELTOWER_20160613_7715235212.jpeg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sorry for my lack of posts recently! I've been teaching summer school and my birthday was on Thursday.. Today we're having a cookout to celebrate. So hopefully this week things will slow down a bit and I'll be able to finish up my TR! My goal is to have it finished before we leave for Universal on the 29th. Thanks for following! :)

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Sorry for my lack of posts recently! I've been teaching summer school and my birthday was on Thursday.. Today we're having a cookout to celebrate. So hopefully this week things will slow down a bit and I'll be able to finish up my TR! My goal is to have it finished before we leave for Universal on the 29th. Thanks for following! :)

Wow, we have so much in common. My birthday is this Thursday and I will be in Universal on the 30th (first time there)!! We are doing two nights at the Royal Pacific resort @ Universal, then one night at a 3-bedroom Grand Villa @ Animal Kingdom Lodge followed by 5 nights at a Grand Floridian studio room. I just realized that that last sentence made me sound very rich. In reality, we just know someone who rents DVC points.

Anyway, I will keep an eye out for you and say "hi" if I see you.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Happy belated birthday!! :)

Hope you had a great birthday!

Happy belated birthday! Mine was on Wednesday (the day before!) thats so funny :)

Thank you ladies! :) My birthday was fantastic! Hoping to upload some pics of my Disney gifts soon! Happy belated birthday @Doc Disney! What a small world!

Wow, we have so much in common. My birthday is this Thursday and I will be in Universal on the 30th (first time there)!! We are doing two nights at the Royal Pacific resort @ Universal, then one night at a 3-bedroom Grand Villa @ Animal Kingdom Lodge followed by 5 nights at a Grand Floridian studio room. I just realized that that last sentence made me sound very rich. In reality, we just know someone who rents DVC points.

Anyway, I will keep an eye out for you and say "hi" if I see you.

Happy birthday! :) Definitely say hi if you see me! I haven't been to Uni for 6 years so I'm excited to finally get back there! I need some DVC point renting friends. :rolleyes:

The Woody and Jessie interaction looks adorable! I've never seen them!

You must meet them! They're a hoot, especially together! :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Okay I'm going to try and finish up my report today or tomorrow! But first, let me share some of the birthday gifts I got with you. :D

The Tink thing has 30 different Disney quote cards to switch out everyday.. The kissing Mickey and Minnie are salt and pepper shakers, and the larger Mickey and Minnie on the right are oven mitts. Everything else is self explanatory, I think. :)
image2.JPG

Closeup of my necklace!
image3.JPG

This was one of my gifts from Dylan.. God bless him. He's HUGE into golf and we had a golf clock hanging on the wall that just recently stopped working. He bought this and hung it up for me as the replacement. If that's not love, I don't know what is. :inlove:
image4.JPG

Now on to the TR!

blreinsel

Original Poster
We finished up with our PhotoPass pictures and then started making our way toward our lunch ADR. We saw this on our way... o_O

@lostpro9het a new look for you rather than cargo shorts? Maybe you won't get randomly selected in these...
IMG_2506.JPG

It's so depressing looking at the castle on the last day of the trip, knowing it's the last time you'll see it until next year. :( It'll never stop taking my breath away.
IMG_2507.JPG

We checked in right on time at 1:25pm at a new restaurant for both of us!
IMG_2508.JPG

We were seated near this adorable fountain. :inlove: It was surprisingly busy! I didn't know that this was such a hot spot.
IMG_2509.JPG

Our waiter was really great and I'm mad that I didn't write his name down. :( He brought us bread right away!
IMG_1736.JPG

We both ordered the Chicken Parmigiana.. It was a lot of food and SO good! I loved it!
IMG_1737.JPG

We also chose the same thing for dessert.. The Cannoli! Our waiter said this is a new offering and asked how we liked it. A+ from us!
IMG_1739.JPG

At some point during our meal, I asked if there was any truth to the rumor that we could send our photo mats "out back" to be autographed by Lady and The Tramp. Our waiter confirmed and soon came back with 4 adorable little puppy prints added to our mats. :)

As we were finishing up, our waiter was clearing some plates and said he would be back shortly with our bill and some extra magic. We were like ??? He returned and asked if we had taken notice that the restaurant shares a lobby with Tinkerbell, to which of course we said yes. He said that she had given him some extra FP+'s to meet her and he wanted to share those with us. Yay! :D
IMG_1738.JPG

My boyfriend was playing in the PA Amateur golf qualifier this day, so I thought that maybe Tink could send some pixie dust his way! Spoiler: She did! He qualified in 7th place and is playing in the championship RIGHT NOW! :)

We settled our bill and hurried over to meet Tink. I (again) told her that my pup was named after her to see what kind of reaction I would get. She was kind of excited, and when I asked if she'd like to see a picture on my phone she said, "No, I know what a dog looks like." I made her look anyway. :rolleyes:
MK_TSTHEATER_ACHAR_20160613_7715328338.jpeg

We weren't impressed with this Tink AT ALL. She barely talked to us, wasn't very animated, rushed us, and didn't want to see my adorable dog. The horror! :eek: I'm glad we had met a really great Tink earlier in the week or I would have been really disappointed.
thumb_MK_TSTHEATER_ACHAR_20160613_7715328340_1024.jpg

lostpro9het

We finished up with our PhotoPass pictures and then started making our way toward our lunch ADR. We saw this on our way... o_O

@lostpro9het a new look for you rather than cargo shorts? Maybe you won't get randomly selected in these...
View attachment 153169

:eek:

HA! I certainly wouldn't get randomly selected then but only becasue of the glare coming off my bright white thighs would confuse and distract the CMs. We're talking super nova bright...:hungover:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom