The Official Hurricane Ivan thread...

speck76

Have you ever noticed that the Orlando stations always have the path coming through orlando, whereas the other forecasts are not necc over Orlando?

MotoDisney

I'm flying out on the 18th as well and can't wait. The only hitch is it's out of Boston though and Ivan may be giving us a hassle then with a rain event? It's way way to early to tell though. IMO the parks will be open shortly after so you should be all set for that week. The main reason for their existance is to make the $ so any days not open is huge lost sales for them so if it's not too bad it should be okay. I hope for everyone's sake that it misses.

Godspeed

bags23

We are leaving from Indiana for Disney tomorrow and I sure hope this doesn't get to nasty.

winterparkbaby

ivan

as long as this storm goes over disney as a cat 1 or 2 they will open the next day. if this storm holds it strength wdw will have some clean up to do. i know that they have built above standards but cat 4 storms are truly powerful.

as a florida resident i hope it just vanishes. fingers crossed

Figment1986

Will these hurricains stop wanting to visit Disney World and Universal... BGT doesn't even need that tourism eyther...

Go for somone else...

(i cannot afford moving my graduation date due to missing school 2+ more times.. which will happen if this storm hits...)

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ivan has turned into a Cat. 4 storm, and the forecast track has the storm moving up the west coast of FL. We shall see what happens at 11pm.

MotoDisney

Let's cross the fingers for the 11:00 pm

This is a better sign but as we all know it's only a forecast and not a definate but if it keeps moving out slightly FL will get a slight break hopefully.

Moto

speck76

The 11pm will not tell us anything

Only 3 days of the forecast is ever very valid

The ending point on day 5 today moved over 350 miles from 5am to 5pm.....that is a major difference.

Most forecasters are saying that they know it will hit Cuba, and after that, they have no idea what it will do......anyone who says different right now is selling something.

knock knock knock. Excuse me Mr Ivan. I asked if you could please stay away from florida. It would be real nice. Ill be your best friend for ever. Pretty please wihta cherry on top :kiss: :slurp: :D :veryconfu :lookaroun

Atta83

Ivan is like a true man, he needs to ask for directions on where to hit......(waits to be yelled at now.....)

BTW its a joke....

speck76

Atta83 said:
Ivan is like a true man, he needs to ask for directions on where to hit......(waits to be yelled at now.....)

BTW its a joke....

no....he knows where he wants to go, and he will tell you when he is there.

maybe if we act up enough, he will turn the storm around.

wannab@dis

Corrus -- Just now catching up on everything and wanted to add my vote for you to keep up with the full posts. informative and helpful.

speck76

Corrus, please only post articles that contain the following words or phrases:

1. Orlando is doomed
2. ...winds like we have never seen before..
3. Falafel
4. massive power outages
5. evacuation :eek:

:D

Shrike

Well, after a not-too lengthy consultation with the boss (Mrs. Shrike), we'll definitely be on our morning flight tomorrow to Orlando. My vacation time is "Use it or lose it," and I'm in an industry now that does not allow for time off from October through December.

So screw it, we're going.

And we're gonna have a great time, dammit!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom