The Official Hurricane Ivan thread...

TimeTrip

Gawrsh.. can't we at least wait until frances is through before even thinking about this one considering how far away it is? heheh.

Atta83

As I always say better to be safe than sorry!!! Hopefully people will go out and buy plywood and stuff before another storm like this hits....god forbit....but hey the longer out come if you dont use it this year you can use it the next or the next....just check it every year when the season starts and then again when it ends......:)

speck76

FamilyMan said:
True, but the earlier and the more people know about it, the safer we are. :)

The earlier people worry about the storm, the more freaked out they get. Let's not talk about IVAN until it actually is a threat.

tigger248

This seems like an unusually crappy hurricane season. I don't live in Florida, but I don't think I remember ever (at least not recently) hearing about this many storms hitting/threatening Florida. For the first time, I'm actually glad I'm not on my college program anymore. Big scary storms scare me!

aimster

I'm going to be so wiped out on November 30th (the end of hurricane season) from stress over these friggin' storms I'm going to need at least a month of sleep to be able to completely function.

:: dies ::

Invero

FamilyMan said:
Okay, it might be too early, but just in case...

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT09/refresh/AL0904W5+GIF/032058W5.gif

And yeah, it's only a tropical storm now, but it is forecast to become a major hurricane and the track looks like it will threaten FL. Hopefully that high pressure system will shift south and tear it apart, but just in case, there ya go. :(
Jiminy Crickets, I'm moving to California... I wonder if Disneyland needs any bus drivers or monorail pilots???

DDuckFan130

Just reading this thread gave me a bigger headache than I already have :lol:. Frances is hovering about and all we've gotten is wind. And on top of that I'm sick so I don't feel too good right about now :lol:.

sabian

Well, Iam here in new Orleans, and judging by how low in the ocean Ivan is, i think florida will be spared. I think us louisianians and our neighbors to the west and east are gonna have to sweat this one out.

DisneySaint

We really don't need a thread for every smidge of tropical activity out there. Let's wait until Orlando impact is definent.

symbasys

aimster said:
I'm going to be so wiped out on November 30th (the end of hurricane season) from stress over these friggin' storms I'm going to need at least a month of sleep to be able to completely function.

:: dies ::

I feel the same way. How much more of this can we take? :hurl:

scorp111

If Fl residents get concerned over every single tropical activity... it would be overwhelming.

I mean seriously, do you know what percentage of storms that are 1600 miles east of the islands never ever impact the US? A big number.

How many don't impact Florida? Even bigger.

Get through Frances first....

LEt the NOAA and the NHC track Ivan.... they will let people know when they need to worry...

wolf29

Out here in the USVI we may have to contend with Ivan sometime next week. I've found during my time here that as long as your are prepared entering hurricane season that you can't worry about every bit of tropical activity. If indeed a storm heads toward you you should be ready for it. but you can't take the role of doomsayer and think every storm is coming at you. If that is your belief, than maybe you are living in the wrong place. Ivan is probably 10-12 days from possibly impacting the mainland, IF at all. Those of you in Florida should concentrate on the problem at hand and not worry about what could happen so far off. Good luck to all of you through Frances. Be careful and stay safe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom