The Official Hurricane Ivan thread...

Mikejakester

Greetings from PR:

Ivan looks like it has a really good chance in hitting us around thurday-friday. Since it's a couple of hundreds of miles lower than frances. Altho no one here is going Ga-Ga over it. So I don't think you guys should worry about this just yet, We will worry about Ivan this week, You guys can worry about it next week. You have your hands full with Frances right now. But Ivan looks like every other typical hurricane that missed florida. This looks like one of those Puerto Rico - Carolina's type hurricane.

cheers, Stay safe, don't go out side, don't play with your generators DURING THE STORM, I bet you can survive with out power for a couple of hours until the storm passes. Toodles!

-Island Boy

Kadee

Hey guys...give family man a break....he was just trying to help.

But....I can understand not wanted hearing about another one when Frances is knocking on your back door. The truth is, you NEVER know what these things are going to do. Remember Elena? She bounced around the entire gulf coast for days. They are unpredictable.

Just do what you can to prepare and stay safe. Anything else is beyond our control and no amount of worrying will change that.

For everyone impacted by Frances, my prayers are with you. Please stay safe!

LuckyBug

I'm supposed to be at Disney in 13 days.....does anyone think that it will "back to normal"? I not sure what to do right now!!!!

lilpatty19

right now I'm in the middle of frances and I sure hope Ivan doesn't come here since I'm in Miramar, Fl.(few minutes from Miami)..at least frances isn't that bad down here as it is more north..we'll see what happens

Figment1986

Not another one.... can we fix the weather to make this one go into the atlantic and DIE!!!!

I already had a scare from charlie... and now freances is going to be a trop hitting my house tomorrow (at the moment at least...)

and most of all... I am getting tired of fixing up the backyard.....

(i have got to pay someone to do this for me next year... that and get storm shutters, cause i have no way of putting wood over my windows....)

wolf29

Figment1986, Good luck through this storm. I too cannot put wood over my windows, due to height of the windows. What I have done is make wooden inserts for the inside. In the event that one breaks, at least very little wind and rain will get in the house. Hope this helps you. Stay well.

barnum42

LuckyBug said:
I'm supposed to be at Disney in 13 days.....does anyone think that it will "back to normal"? I not sure what to do right now!!!!
I was supposed to be there yesterday, I'm booked to go on Tuesday and I have full faith the CMs at Disney can get things running again as they did after Charley.

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, my main hope is that eveyone over there gets through Frances safely with the minimum of damage.

LuckyBug

barnum42 said:
I was supposed to be there yesterday, I'm booked to go on Tuesday and I have full faith the CMs at Disney can get things running again as they did after Charley.

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, my main hope is that eveyone over there gets through Frances safely with the minimum of damage.

My thoughts & prayers are with everyone in FL, especially during the next 24 hours or so.

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Hurricane Ivan is now a major category 3 hurricane and is still expect to get stronger. It doesn't look good.

Mikejakester

FamilyMan said:
Hurricane Ivan is now a major category 3 hurricane and is still expect to get stronger. It doesn't look good.

sorry to say this, but thats not the information I have, Im currently watching this hurricane closely since we have a high chance of getting hit (Puerto Rico)by this hurricane.

The last report was at 11AM

The storm is a category 1 of sustain winds of 70m/hr gusting to 85m/hr. Thats a category 1. For now...

the next report will come at 5pm. Will see what happenes

-cheers

:wave:

pinkrose

The weather channel reported that Ivan is at 115 mph winds. We'll just have to watch this. Since it's lower, it seems to have a good chance at getting in the Gulf. It all depends of the air flows, fronts, ect.

*MichelleP*

Here is the 1 pm update:
051733W5.gif

drknow77

Lets not forget that this is a Walt Disney World message board forum. I understand that our first concern should be with the safety of all those affected by the various hurricanes. However, there are thousands of people that have planned vacations to Disney World, and are very concerned about how it is going to affect their travel plans.

I have a trip coming up at the end of September that my wife and I have spent countless hours planning. I am concerned about Ivan or any other tropical storm that might come around when we are there. My first thought is to look at the message boards here to see if anyone has any information about Ivan.

So, thank you, to the OP for posting this thread. I'm not sure why residents affected by the hurricanes are checking a WDW message board for hurricane information anyway. I would guess the larger audience here are those that are planning vacations and getting ready to go to WDW; those of us that don't know first hand information about hurricanes and their deadly affects.

Here is some information I have found: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT09/refresh/AL0904W5+GIF/040258W5.gif""

Of course, understanding that things could change, it looks like this could hit Florida within 7 - 10 days, if it does at all. Thanks to all those that continue to keep us non-Floridians informed on everything!

drknow77 said:
Lets not forget that this is a Walt Disney World message board forum. I understand that our first concern should be with the safety of all those affected by the various hurricanes. However, there are thousands of people that have planned vacations to Disney World, and are very concerned about how it is going to affect their travel plans.

I have a trip coming up at the end of September that my wife and I have spent countless hours planning. I am concerned about Ivan or any other tropical storm that might come around when we are there. My first thought is to look at the message boards here to see if anyone has any information about Ivan.

So, thank you, to the OP for posting this thread. I'm not sure why residents affected by the hurricanes are checking a WDW message board for hurricane information anyway. I would guess the larger audience here are those that are planning vacations and getting ready to go to WDW; those of us that don't know first hand information about hurricanes and their deadly affects.

Here is some information I have found: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT09/refresh/AL0904W5+GIF/040258W5.gif""

Of course, understanding that things could change, it looks like this could hit Florida within 7 - 10 days, if it does at all. Thanks to all those that continue to keep us non-Floridians informed on everything!

Ivan is a threat of course as all of the tropics are at this time of year. However, we are still worried as to what Frances is going to do. She has been stubborn and indecisive and what happens in the next couple days is uncertain. I remember Mitch crossing the state and hanging out and regrouping in the warm Gulf waters before plowing back across the state. As a resident and cm who is affected by these hurricanes, I don't understand why someone would come to a WDW board to find out information on a hurricane. No decisions will be made this far out about what the parks will do (all decisions are being made at the last minute for this storm) for Ivan, therefore, you won't find any more information here than you will on the NHC website. My point here is this: we all belong here whether because of our love for WDW, our upcoming vacations, or our employment by the company. I am here to share with others what I am experiencing and my knowledge (from being born and raised in FL...30 years of hurricanes) of these storms. You have an upcoming vacation, keep an eye on the storm. Currently it is too early to predict if Ivan will head our way. If you feel it is right for you to cancel because of the potential for another hurricane to hit us, go ahead. I just suggest postponing your plans for after November 30th if you want to avoid hurricane season. Either way enjoy your vacation! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom