The Merch Alert Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
Don't go out of your way, if it's easy to pick an extra one up, then fine, but I don't want it to be a big pain for you or anything. I'd obviously pay you back right away.

If the line isn't too crazy (and they re still available) I'll definitely get one for you under one condition. You just have to agree with every post of mine from here on out. Deal?

disneyC97

Funko is a door that you shouldn't open blindly. It starts with something innocent. "That Abominable Snowman is cool, I should get him." Then New York Comic Con rolls around and you snag a couple shared exclusives from Hot Topic, and hey look Game of Thrones Pops are on sale let's grab some of those while you're here. Next thing you know you're abandoning your wife in the grocery aisle at Target to hunt down chase variants and riding a bike down the freeway to get to work because there's no way you're willing to let the limited run Lotso from D23 2011 that just popped up on eBay slip through your fingers again.

Be careful, is what I'm saying.
I bought the four Golden Girls Funko earlier this year...my first...

Now I just ordered Bernard from Westworld.

mikenatcity1

If the line isn't too crazy (and they re still available) I'll definitely get one for you under one condition. You just have to agree with every post of mine from here on out. Deal?

I wish I would have known about this release earlier...dang it!!! Sadly i'll miss out on Yeti :( One of the ones I was hoping to get!

Curious Constance

I don't think they are very cute either. I can see the appeal though, and my son loves them. When I showed him this last night, he went ape.

I see there are already tons of Ebay listings for it! Cheapest buy it now is $80. No way in H I'd ever pay that.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Hey guys I'm here and this line is INSANE! Got here at 7am thinking very few would be crazier than me. NOT! There are at least 500 people here and the line is crawling. Unfortunately, it looks I will only be able to buy 2 @SuddenStorm & @Curious Constance. Sorry :(. I had already promised my cousin one.

To be honest I'm so far back I'm not sure I will even get one.

Curious Constance

Hey guys I'm here and this line is INSANE! Got here at 7am thinking very few would be crazier than me. NOT! There are at least 500 people here and the line is crawling. Unfortunately, it looks I will only be able to buy 2 @SuddenStorm & @Curious Constance. Sorry :(. I had already promised my cousin one.

Don't worry about it, @mickEblu ! I can't thank you enough just for trying!!!! :) Good luck, hope you get yours!

Figments Friend

It's surprising to me how popular these hunks of vinyl plastic are with collectors.
My brush with the madness -

Two weeks or so ago Build-a-Bear Workshop of all places released a limited edition Funko Pop figure based on their new 'Hot Topic' licensed bear.
Sold only at their own stores, a smal amount was made as well as a apparently very sought after 'chaser' figure ( one per case of 24 ) that was velvet flocked.
It was totally making the collectors geek out in a major way.

First day of release, grown men were stalking local stores trying to score the 'chasers'....it was a bit humorous to see.
One noted they were being listed in eBay for $200 a pop ( no pun intended ) thus the drive to apparently find one.

I could see popular comic or movie characters being chased after.....but Build-a-Bear...??

-

mickEblu

Original Poster
It's surprising to me how popular these hunks of vinyl plastic are with collectors.
My brush with the madness -

Two weeks or so ago Build-a-Bear Workshop of all places released a limited edition Funko Pop figure based on their new 'Hot Topic' licensed bear.
Sold only at their own stores, a smal amount was made as well as a apparently very sought after 'chaser' figure ( one per case of 24 ) that was velvet flocked.
It was totally making the collectors geek out in a major way.

First day of release, grown men were stalking local stores trying to score the 'chasers'....it was a bit humorous to see.
One noted they were being listed in eBay for $200 a pop ( no pun intended ) thus the drive to apparently find one.

I could see popular comic or movie characters being chased after.....but Build-a-Bear...??

-

Yeah this is the first time I buy one of these and I was surprised to find the madness waiting for me. I have never done anything like this. Black Friday. None of it. I think it's my first and LAST time.

Figments Friend

Stevek

Christ...look how many "fans" have already put them on ebay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom