The Merch Alert Thread

Stevek

anyone have a pic?
upload_2017-6-19_14-1-58.png

mickEblu

Original Poster
iffs3cfofqez.png

For those in the cult of Funko, this DL exclusive drops tomorrow

I saw this yesterday. It's pretty awesome. Would anybody be so kind and pick me up one of these tomorrow or some other time? (although they will probably sell out tomorrow). I will gladly pay a little interest for your time and inconvenience.

SoManyWasps

I saw this yesterday. It's pretty awesome. Would anybody be so kind and pick me up one of these tomorrow or some other time? (although they will probably sell out tomorrow). I will gladly pay a little interest for your time and inconvenience.
Wish I could help. I will be in DL a month from now and expect it to be long gone by then, assuming the trend with parks exclusives holds. eBay is probably your best bet, sadly.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Wish I could help. I will be in DL a month from now and expect it to be long gone by then, assuming the trend with parks exclusives holds. eBay is probably your best bet, sadly.

Thank you anyway :). And yes sadly it has come to Ebay many times for me in the past. But I usually stick to eBay for things that were sold years ago.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I've never bought a Funko but being that this is park exclusive it interests me. With that said, just like pins, I'm not sure this a path I want to go down.

SoManyWasps

I've never bought a Funko but being that this is park exclusive it interests me. With that said, just like pins, I'm not sure this a path I want to go down.
Funko is a door that you shouldn't open blindly. It starts with something innocent. "That Abominable Snowman is cool, I should get him." Then New York Comic Con rolls around and you snag a couple shared exclusives from Hot Topic, and hey look Game of Thrones Pops are on sale let's grab some of those while you're here. Next thing you know you're abandoning your wife in the grocery aisle at Target to hunt down chase variants and riding a bike down the freeway to get to work because there's no way you're willing to let the limited run Lotso from D23 2011 that just popped up on eBay slip through your fingers again.

Be careful, is what I'm saying.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Funko is a door that you shouldn't open blindly. It starts with something innocent. "That Abominable Snowman is cool, I should get him." Then New York Comic Con rolls around and you snag a couple shared exclusives from Hot Topic, and hey look Game of Thrones Pops are on sale let's grab some of those while you're here. Next thing you know you're abandoning your wife in the grocery aisle at Target to hunt down chase variants and riding a bike down the freeway to get to work because there's no way you're willing to let the limited run Lotso from D23 2011 that just popped up on eBay slip through your fingers again.

Be careful, is what I'm saying.

LOL thanks for the warning. I pretty much only collect Disney stuff and mostly park merch at that. So as long as they don't come out with too many park specific ones I should be ok. Only problem is I see they have already released a few such as Toad. So looks like I would have to pay an arm and a leg for some of the few I missed.

SoManyWasps

LOL thanks for the warning. I pretty much only collect Disney stuff and mostly park merch at that. So as long as they don't come out with too many park specific ones I should be ok. Only problem is I see they have already released a few such as Toad. So looks like I would have to pay an arm and a leg for some of the few I missed.
You can't touch any of them for less than $50. The really desirable ones (Mr Toad, GITD Jolly Roger, Indy with Gold Idol) easily clear $100 on a routine basis.

mickEblu

Original Poster
You can't touch any of them for less than $50. The really desirable ones (Mr Toad, GITD Jolly Roger, Indy with Gold Idol) easily clear $100 on a routine basis.

Do you know what the purchase limits are? I have the day off tomorrow and might head over to DTD. If it is more than two I'll pick you up one if you'd like. It would be nice if we could get a little community of park merch enthusiasts going over here who help each other avoid the wretched eBay scalpers.

SuddenStorm

Do you know what the purchase limits are? I have the day off tomorrow and might head over to DTD. If it is more than two I'll pick you up one if you'd like. It would be nice if we could get a little community of park merch enthusiasts going over here who help each other avoid the wretched eBay scalpers.

They limit is 2 per person. But, if you were to buy them in 2 different stores, or at 2 different times during the day, you should be fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom