1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

The Imagineering Break Room

Discussion in 'Imagineer' started by David2319, Nov 28, 2016.

1. tcool123

tcool123 Well-Known Member

Not space, but I have an idea to revitalize the entire park. Besides the Port of Entry I have every land done so far in map form.

Seusslanding.png
    • The Cat in the Hat is reimagined as a trackless dark ride making it a topsy turvy exciting adventure for all.
    • Oobleck is a dark ride in the making where guests observe the madness of Oobleck rain.
    • Seussical the Musical is a broadway caliber interpretation of the show of the same name. It will house the How the Grinch Stole Christmas Musical during Grinchmas.
    • If I Ran the Zoo has been moved to a new location
    • How the Grinch Stole the Fun is a Jump and Smile flat ride, that receives a Grinchmas overlay.
    • The rest of the land is mostly unchanged sans for a new coat of paint.
    New.png
    • The Creature of the Black Lagoon is a thrilling log flume attraction that has guests go on a quest for the Creature, it all ends with a splashdown in the Black Lagoon. This will be a superior version of Dudley Do Right, and give Splash Mountain a run for its money.
    • The House of Evil is an omnimover attraction taking guests through Dracula's house party. It will a scary funny ride similar in vein to The Haunted Mansion, but this time with with Universal's monsters.
    • Beetlejuice is reborn, and moved to this location providing a fun show for guests to watch.
    • The rest are stores and restaurants for the land. The land it self will use dark tones, and recreate a forested Transylvania village that is a great lead in for Hogsmeade.
    Hogsmede.png
    • Escape from the Forbidden Forest is a trackless dark ride kuka arm hybrid that allows riders to enter their very own enchanted car. There will be encounters with Aragog, centaurs, unicorns, death eaters, and someone quite serious.
    • The Shrieking Shack is a permanent walkthrough that one would find at HHN.
    Lost World.png
    • An overlay of Jurassic World taking over Jurassic Park. Entering from Kong will see an overgrown Jurassic Park Section long since forgotten and abandoned. While from Kong guests are immersed into an actual recreation of the entrance to Jurassic World with a collection of new shops and stores.
    • Jurassic World River Adventure is mostly the same as the previous incarnation, but with an updated modern facade and decor, and a climax with the Indominus Rex.
    • Remnants of Jurassic Park is a walk through similar in vein to one of HHN.
    • The Discovery Center is now the reborn pyramid structure from the film, and has a wondrous view of exotic plant life, and the new harbors.
    • The Spirit of Adventure Dock is a rebirth of the opening day ride in which guests are ferried from the entrance to the park to the back.
    Marvel Superhero Island.png
    • The entire Marvel land has been given a refresh. However this refresh did not get ride of the fact that you are in still a part of the comic book that is still present throughout the land.
    • The Flight of Iron Man is an overlay of the Hulk. Guests now are invited by Stark Industries to test out their very own suits.
    • Thor : Curse of the Valkyrie is an indoor overlay of Storm Force, guests now join Thor as his allies in fighting off the Valkyries. Special effects and screens will be added to make this an immersive experience.
    • X-Men Battle of the Sentinels is a Trackless Dark Ride in which guests join the X-Men to fight off the Sentinels.
    Dreamers Lagoon.png
    • This is the result of Universal buying Dreamworks, and their replace the old strategy. Dreamer's Lagoon is divide into four sub areas based off Kung Fu Panda, Shrek, How to Train a Dragon, and Madagascar.
    • The Secrect Life of Pets is a holdover from the rumored addition to Toon Lagoon. It will act as a transition from Marvel as both have a city atmosphere.
    • Numbers 5 - 8 are a recreation of Po's village from the first two Kung Fu Panda movies. It is an immersive environment that guests will love especially Mr. Ping's a recreation of the restaurant from the movie.
    • Far, Far Away Rapids is an overlay of Popeye's where the ghost of Fairy Godmother has come back for her revenge, and kidnaps Fiona. Now Shrek, Donkey, and Puss in Boots go on the search for Fiona. This is more of a dark ride/rapids hybrid with elaborate scenes created for the ride. Shrek has been removed from USO.
    • Dragon Racers of Berk, is a roller-coaster going through the mountain as guests race their own dragons. The rollercoaster will be different from Dragon Challenge as the coaster is more similar to classic roller coasters such as Thunder Mountain.
    • Circus Zarazonga is a 4D show mixing animatronics, projections, fire, water, scent, wind, screens, and 3D to recreate this scene from the movie :

spacemt354, David2319 and kmbmw777 like this.
  2. tcool123

On Frontierland I'm not really sure it just feels like something's missing? One problem though is the Thunder/Splash bottleneck something should be done to remedy that.

Fantasyland Phase 1 was Strorybook Circus, Belle's Village, and Eric's Village.

Mermaid and Encanted Tales were let downs, and most just ok. While Storybook Circus was a huge misopportunity for a new Circus themed ride. Maybe a revival of Mickey's Madcap concept could've be done. There all nice looking just the actual content is just okay. Similar scenario for Universal's most recent rides Kong and Fallon. Great theming even to the queues, but just okay rides. I have a feeling that Fast and the Furious will repeat this pattern next year, and it will likely continue until possibly Nintendo or the next Wizarding World attraction

3. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member Original Poster

I like it except for Hulk being rethemed. It's as iconic for Universal as SpaceMountain for Disney.

spacemt354, S.P.E.W and tcool123 like this.
  4. David2319

Exactly my thoughts about the rides lately by both companies.

Tomorrowland needs something more than any other land at Disney second to Dinoland while Storybook's fix would be simply a new C-ticket.

S.P.E.W and tcool123 like this.
  5. S.P.E.W

S.P.E.W Well-Known Member

This really could have been a lot better. Suess Landing and the revival of the ferries were the better of your redo of IoA to be perfectly honest. Everything else you did was good but was all in the wrong place (and time for Jurassic World's case) and ended up becoming a complete mess.

David2319 likes this.
  6. tcool123

How so? It seems to align with Universal's current strategy, and plans for the most part.
    It is most likely that Dragon Challenge will close for a Forbidden Forest addition.
    Secret Life of Pets ride has been rumored for a while, and The Lost Continent besides theme has no real value. If you worried about the theme of it Poseidon's Fury is what I plan to retool to be an epic nighttime spectacular.
    Also curious on why the Jurassic World timing is bad, it makes sense :confused:

S.P.E.W, David2319 and spacemt354 like this.
  7. S.P.E.W

Well for Dragon Challenge, it's really hard to tell, because there's a 50% percent of a replacement and 50% chance of an updating. Universal placing Secret Life of Pets in IoA (outside of merchandising) rather than anywhere else logical like New York City; or even the Kids Zone; isn't something that the company would do; same thing with putting the Monsters into Lost Continent. Also, when I said that Jurassic World's timing was off, I meant that anything Jurassic Park can't be rethemed to JW (yet) because of this contract between Steven Spielberg and NBCUniversal that prevents E.T or Jurassic Park from being removed from the parks.

tcool123 and David2319 like this.
  8. tcool123

Lets go with Dragon Challenge removal as forbidden forest is quite cool.
    I guess the Secrect Life of Pets rumour died? If so then thank god it really doesnt belong plus I rather put an expansion pad of green there.
    The Spielberg doesn't necessarily mean his stuff is untouchable he's just an advisor and wasn't he involved with World? It's just a fresher take for thr land.
    Why wouldnt they put monsters in the formerly known lost continent? The monsters are from literature like the rest of the park, there trying to make they're remaking their monster films so they can synergy. Lost Continent has no popular rides, and takes up a lot of space. The only downfall would be the lost of Mythos and the menu can just be swapped into the restaurant replacing it so you wouldn't be losing that food.

spacemt354 and David2319 like this.
  9. David2319

The park still needs shows. Even with inclement weather there is way more to do than Animal Kingdom.

spacemt354, tcool123 and S.P.E.W like this.
  10. S.P.E.W

For Spielberg, if they (Universal) replaced E.T or Jurassic Park, then Spielberg would cut his ties with them; also no he didn't really have a big involvement with the making of the film over than his blessing. And to answer your monsters question; because they've never moved a franchise of IPs from one park to the next (Harry Potter doesn't count and neither does Kong in case your wondering). And besides, the Monsters have their place in Universal Studios; even if it isn't a zone.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    spacemt354 and tcool123 like this.
  11. Flippin'Flounder

Flippin'Flounder Well-Known Member

I've been trying really hard to find one, but haven't gotten it yet :( BotW is on the way, and it's gonna get here before I even have a Switch to play it on :cry:

12. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

I concur :p Did the same thing last year
    [​IMG]

S.P.E.W, David2319 and tcool123 like this.
  13. tcool123

Shows with my changes :
    - Seussical the Musical : High capacity show with four to five showtimes a day
    - Beetlejuice Graveyard Revue : Smaller capacity than its original incarnation at Studios, plenty of showtime's a day
    - Frog Choir and TriWizard Rally : Streetmosphere shows in place prior
    - Circus Zarazonga 4D : If this counts, similar to capacity as PhillarMagic/Muppets
    - Poseidon's Fury : Nighttime Spectacular on the lagoon
    And the shows replaced :
    - Oh the Places You'll Go
    - Sinbad

A technical net gain of two, or one if you want to include the walkthrough Poseidon. However the theaters will have higher capacity, and to be fair how often was Sinbad at full capacity, and it typically had one or two showings. The new introduced shows will likely be able to pull more crowds away than the two that were cut.

With inclement weather, Animal Kingdom has Nemo, Lion King, Dinosaur, Flight of Passage, Pandora Boat, and bugs.
    Islands would have Spider-Man, Thor, X-Men, Circus Zarazonga, Kong, Forbidden Journey, Forbidden Forest, Dracula, Cat in the Hat, Oobleck, and Seussical. Nearly double of Animal Kingdom's roster​

So what if the Jurrasic Park area was replaced by a Jurrasic Park area? Like the original trilogy remake of the current land?

There isn't much to move the Monsters have a restaurant, and that's about it... That's like saying since Nemo is at The Living Seas at Epcot then they can't be at Animal Kingdom with the show. So why not both? The monsters could easily fit in either park.

Pionmycake, spacemt354 and David2319 like this.
  14. tcool123

Look on the bright side you won't have to worry about getting the game after you get the console.

Great minds think alike ;):p:D

15. David2319

That's what I meant: There's a lot more to do at Islands of Adventure when it is raining:).

S.P.E.W, spacemt354 and tcool123 like this.
  16. tcool123

Oops, I can't read things today :oops:

But yeah that's the goal make both parks a grander experience with more to do no matter the weather. :D

David2319, S.P.E.W and spacemt354 like this.
  17. Flippin'Flounder

Flippin'Flounder Well-Known Member

I suppose, but I plan on getting Snipperclips and Shovel Knight anyway.

18. David2319

These are my favorites that I have done. They're not the grandest scale... just what I find the most joy with:).

RIDES
    #1 Harry Potter & The Forbidden Journey (IOA)
    #2 The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman (IOA)

#3 The Tower of Terror (HWS)
    #4 The Haunted Mansion/Phantom Manor (MK & DLP)

#5 Splash Mountain (MK)
    Pirates of the Caribbean (DLP)

Spaceship Earth (EPCOT)
    Ratatouille: L'Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy (WDSP)

Space Mountain: Mission 2 (DLP)
    Toy Story Midway Mania (HWS)

Kilimanjaro Safaris (Animal Kingdom)
    Big Thunder Mountain (DLP)

The Peoplemover (MK)

Honorable Mentions...
    Space Mountain (MK)
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Magic Kingdom)

SHOWS
    Illuminations: Reflections of Earth (EPCOT)
    Fantasmic! (Hollywood Studios)
    Disney Dreams! (Disneyland Paris)

LANDS
    Frontierland (Disneyland Paris)
    Diagon Alley (Universal Studios Park Orlando)
    Hogsmeade (Island's of Adventure)
    Africa (Animal Kingdom)
    Discoveryland (Disneyland Parc Paris)
    Sunset Boulevard (Hollywood Studios)
    Liberty Square (The Magic Kingdom)

MINI-LANDS
    Ratatouille (Walt Disney Studios Paris)
    Skull Island: Reign of Kong (Islands of Adventure)

RESORT-HOTELS
    #1 The Disneyland Hotel (Disneyland Paris)
    #2 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    #3 Contemporary Resort-Hotel
    #4 Yacht Club
    #5 Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
    #6 Polynesian Village-Resort (Used to be my favorite, but not a big fan of the refurbishment.)
    #7 The Shades of Green (Home away from home... probably stayed there over twice the amount of times as every other resort combined.)
    #8 Newport Bay Club (Disneyland Paris)
    #9 All Stars Movies

WATERPARKS
    #1 Blizzard Beach
    #2 Typhoon Lagoon

CRUISESHIPS
    #1 The Disney Fantasy
    #2 The Disney Dream

And Finally, my favorite THEMEPARKS that I have been to:

#1 Disneyland Parc Paris
    #2 Islands of Adventure
    #3 Animal Kingdom
    #4 Magic Kingdom
    #5 Hollywood Studios
    #6 EPCOT (It would probably be #1 had it not been left to decay.)
    #7 Universal Studios Florida (Even though it looks like a more fleshed out Hollywood Studios, something about it I just don't like. Maybe it's the excessive amount of screen rides, but it just is an odd park for me. Too me, Diagon Alley is its saving grace.)
    #8 SeaWorld Orlando (Although the main attractions are bare-coasters, at least the park is not like a parking lot, and it also has cheaper admission.)
    #9 Walt Disney Studios -- (Besides Ratatouille the entire park's theming is on par with a parking lot.)
    #10 Legoland Florida (I don't have any words for this park.)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    spacemt354, tcool123 and S.P.E.W like this.
  19. S.P.E.W

Okay first of all, you cannot remake the Jurassic Park area into a Jurassic Park area because it already is a Jurassic Park area, it can't be a Jurassic Park area turned into a Jurassic World area.
    Second, but what the Hades do you not understand that; with the exception of the WWoHP, M&G, and merchandising; Universal has never had two IPs based attractions, zones, restaurants, etc. in both Orlando Resort parks.
    And third, why can't this cursed conversation just ?

20. Pionmycake

Pionmycake Well-Known Member