The Hall of Presidents to reopen before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frizzball

I think there's a very large possibility you may have all misread my point, look back on my other two posts on here. I agree that Trump should be in the attraction given it's remit, I agree that anyone causing a significant distraction should be removed from the attraction, I agree that going in with the express purpose of causing an issue is ridiculously misplaced and should result in expulsion from the attraction (and the park if the offence is serious), I also agree that said disruptions will be fairly likely within the first few weeks of opening and that that fact is a sad reflection on our ability to take things in context.

Literally the only area where I disagree with the narrative expressed on here, is the idea that all disruptions will be purposeful, or that the displaying of any form of positive or negative emotion when witnessing his presence is childish. Despite what people may want to believe keeping your emotions entirely internal is difficult even for adults, (especially when the person the animatronic is based on may have caused significant problems in your life), and a slight failure to do so does not reflect negatively upon the person. Hopefully these small outbursts will be limited and not result in brawls (which would be childish) but a slight tut or scoff isn't in itself a disruption worthy of the full weight of response you seem to be suggesting.

The attraction will have teething issues sure but I hope they'll settle quickly and we can all go back to using it as an air conditioned haven in the florida heat with a decently interesting show.

kathy stomber

They had certainly better be prepared for some sort of guest negative interactions and I pity those poor castmembers who are going to have to deal with it. Nothing worse than, tired, unhappy from standing in long lines, alcohol fueled guests there for the busy holiday season standing around the outside of this show getting into political debates and you have to know it will happen.
I hope nothing like that happens. I for one will never visit that attraction again, but that’s my choice. I hope others who dislike the person in the White House will just not visit the attraction, and won’t cause a disruption for those who wish to visit it.

jbolen2

To get back on track how about a guess at the day it will actually open? I’m gonna say 12-15. Just I’m time to help with capacity for the holidays and also enough other things going on to burry the reopening in the midst of everything else going on.

Frizzball

I'd say midweek, before school holidays officially start. I wouldn't expect it opening to be officially announced on the day either so I guess we'll only hear about it from someone who happened to be in the park at the time.

splash1988

Hoping this attraction is back up and running in time for my trip in two weeks. Any word on a specific opening date yet?

Incomudro

Did I say it was illegal or did I say it was unacceptable?
The latter
Firstly, just because something is not banned by U.S. law, doesn’t mean that it’s allowed. HoP is situated on private property, so Disney can set its own rules regarding behavior at the attraction (whether it’s in their interest to have hecklers forcefully removed is a separate discussion, but they 100% can).

But aside from that, even if such behavior were permitted, that doesn’t make it appropriate or acceptable - it’s selfish. Disturbing the show for others is problematic on a moral level. There very well may be people in that theater who will never again have the opportunity to visit WDW or guests for whom HoP is the highlight of their trip. You would be ruining the experience for them.

If you believe it appropriate to use your political beliefs as grounds to make a scene at a show and ruin it for others, you would be entitled to that opinion. And I would be entitled to my opinion, which would be that that would make you selfish and a despicable excuse of a human being.

I would consider such a person to be a sociopath.

DisneyDodo

Lol. No, it doesn't make you a bad person for yelling at a flipping robot. To call someone despicable for yelling at a robot is amazingly funny
Here we go again... Did I say someone was despicable for "yelling at a robot" or did I say they were despicable for intentionally ruining a theme park attraction for others?
The latter
Maybe try reading other people's posts instead of projecting your own interpretations onto them.

I will clarify my comments, as it is possible for my previous post to be misinterpreted without its surrounding context (which anyone who felt it necessary to deride my comments should have read, by the way). I do not think an individual who spontaneously lets out a "Boo" upon seeing the Trump animatronic is necessarily despicable. I was specifically responding to someone who made it out as if it were an American's duty to speak out at HoP, due to the current state of the government. So, yes, I fully believe that an individual who premeditatedly enters a theme park attraction with the total intention of causing a ruckus by using the attraction as a platform to voice their political agenda is selfish and despicable.

Incomudro

Here we go again... Did I say someone was despicable for "yelling at a robot" or did I say they were despicable for intentionally ruining a theme park attraction for others?
The latter
Maybe try reading other people's posts instead of projecting your own interpretations onto them.

I will clarify my comments, as it is possible for my previous post to be misinterpreted without its surrounding context (which anyone who felt it necessary to deride my comments should have read, by the way). I do not think an individual who spontaneously lets out a "Boo" upon seeing the Trump animatronic is necessarily despicable. I was specifically responding to someone who made it out as if it were an American's duty to speak out at HoP, due to the current state of the government. So, yes, I fully believe that an individual who premeditatedly enters a theme park attraction with the total intention of causing a ruckus by using the attraction as a platform to voice their political agenda is selfish and despicable.

"An American's duty to speak out..."
You've nailed it on the head, as this is an explanation of some of the off the wall behavior that we have been seeing, and living with in this country as of late.
It seems that there are some people in this country right now that believe that it is their duty to express their political views in just about any manner anywhere, anytime, and in anyway.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Adapted?
Mass media in all of its forms has been engaged in this long before social media showed up.
Yes, it's certainly gotten worse - but American mass media has been feeding us a biased agenda since as long as I became old enough to become aware of it - which was around high school in the late 70's.
There’s always a level of bias with any human being. The difference is a lack of journalistic integrity that existed in the past. The journalistic rule of thumb was 2 unrelated sources before going public with a story. With Twitter now it’s all about breaking a story first. There’s no retraction if the story tweeted is wrong and no consequences to the tweeter. Main stream media now instead of reporting a story they independently verified report that someone else tweeted about a story.

With news stories being broken on social media more frequently now the news media has resorted to more opinion based talking head programming. Fox News was cleaning up on ratings with this model for years. The others have all adopted it now. Gone are the days when the nightly news even pretended to be just presenting the facts.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
"An American's duty to speak out..."
You've nailed it on the head, as this is an explanation of some of the off the wall behavior that we have been seeing, and living with in this country as of late.
It seems that there are some people in this country right now that believe that it is their duty to express their political views in just about any manner anywhere, anytime, and in anyway.

Like here, in this thread :rolleyes:

andysol

Y'know,...the thing is; We are ALL a big forum of Disney fans here and literally NONE of us would ever dream of shouting out something political or responding to somebody else doing it at HoP.
CT- unfortunately, that's not true. People can't even keep their political insults and opinions out of this thread- even with @wdwmagic asking multiple times to.

Weather_Lady

I just noticed in checking MDE that when I view the park hours pages for my upcoming visit (April 30 - May 6, 2018), HOP is listed as "closed for refurbishment" throughout. I haven't seen any announcements about a second refurb. Do you think that's a website glitch, or is it going down again after the holiday season?

ABQ

I just noticed in checking MDE that when I view the park hours pages for my upcoming visit (April 30 - May 6, 2018), HOP is listed as "closed for refurbishment" throughout. I haven't seen any announcements about a second refurb. Do you think that's a website glitch, or is it going down again after the holiday season?
It probably won't show any hours until it comes online. Similar to how some restaurants won't take reservations for the future while under renovation, even if they are scheduled to open after day X.

eliza61nyc

Like here, in this thread :rolleyes:
huge, huge difference.
when you express your opinion on a internet social medium a few things usually are in place.
1) there is a direct discussion going on pertaining to your opinion.
2. there are moderators around to guide and make sure folks play nicely
3. the audience has some option to avoid bad conduct. we can skip or even put the person on a list to ignore.
4. there usually is not a "loss" associated with ignoring a poster.

In a closed theme park attraction we generally do not have those options.

1. No one going into the Hall of Presidents is having a discussion about the Presidents. yes there maybe a few comments here or there but they are usually kept personal.
2. while there are security guards and cast members around for the most part there is no "control" in attractions. While you sit in HOP you know that you can act a fool without intervention for the most part.
3 and 4. If a guest is behaving badly there are few options that don't involve direct repercussions on the other guest. sure I can get up and leave but that means I miss the attraction. A missed attraction has a tangible effect on the value of the vacation. There is a cost to get into the MK and some %^% causing me to miss an attraction, no matter how minor or boring means lost value.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
huge, huge difference.
when you express your opinion on a internet social medium a few things usually are in place.
1) there is a direct discussion going on pertaining to your opinion.
2. there are moderators around to guide and make sure folks play nicely
3. the audience has some option to avoid bad conduct. we can skip or even put the person on a list to ignore.
4. there usually is not a "loss" associated with ignoring a poster.

In a closed theme park attraction we generally do not have those options.

1. No one going into the Hall of Presidents is having a discussion about the Presidents. yes there maybe a few comments here or there but they are usually kept personal.
2. while there are security guards and cast members around for the most part there is no "control" in attractions. While you sit in HOP you know that you can act a fool without intervention for the most part.
3 and 4. If a guest is behaving badly there are few options that don't involve direct repercussions on the other guest. sure I can get up and leave but that means I miss the attraction. A missed attraction has a tangible effect on the value of the vacation. There is a cost to get into the MK and some %^% causing me to miss an attraction, no matter how minor or boring means lost value.
index.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom