The Great Disney Race- Test Challenges

Sam Magic

Also, I just want to say, given the similarities between Orlando's project and mine, today was my first time reading it through. As I was typing up my final post, I typed it in google docs and was in no way influenced by his proposal or the judges reviews. I just realized today that we have many similar elements. Maybe this will make judging easier...IDK.

Sam Magic

Final results:

In the closest comp I have ever seen, excellent work was done. There can only be one winner though.

@Sam4D23 has won with a final score of 8.3/10

@orlando678- came close, with 8.25/10

Thanks for playing, and thanks to @RH Kelly for judging, and see you on the forums!
Wow. Well I would first just like to thank you guys so much for hosting this fun little competition and I want to thank Orlando for being such a great person to play this with. If this is ever held again...sign me up! Thank you guys so much!

tumblr_mtyih4rEk91s7mdj8o6_400.gif

Rutt

I am so sorry guys, feeling better today and I think its about time I give this. @Sam4D23 , @orlando678-
LAVA LAGOON

As I started reading this, I could envision the location, instantly immersed right next to Poly. I was a little confused by the guests walking through tunnels where they could purchase snacks, towels etc. My main worry would be the crowding in such tunnels. It would be a rather cool effect however. However, the glimpses of whats to come would be just tantalizing. Theming the playland to Stitch would be a wonderful way to incorporate one of Disney's most adorable characters in a much better location and maybe (just maybe) eliminate the travesty that is SGE. Adding the meet and greet would be a great way to add another location, although with him already right next door at Ohana's, I wonder if it might not be best to leave him there? I am absolutely loving the Luau table concept. I love using this (obviously massive) volcano as the base for four major attractions. Since the challenge only called for one, I am only going to pick the one to be fair. I loved all the water slides, but I have to say what sold me is the dark ride. Disney IS dark rides and the thought of a water 'dark' ride through the volcano was a winner. In my head I see it as an inflatable tube ride, so I hope Im right. Just letting the flow of the water take you through the story of this park. Incorporating the volcanic ash theming to the beaches is another one of those incredible 'only disney would think of' touches. Finally, Lelo Springs. Adults only, great idea. Better idea? Not naming after the kid in the movie. Might I suggest going with Nani's Springs? Or even Cobra Bubbles Springs? Other than that, I am absolutely sold.
Great waterpark, almost a gate on its own!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom