The Great Disney Race- Test Challenges

Sam Magic

I forgot to mention in my original post that Port Disney opens in 2021 as a part of Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary celebrations...it being the fifth park also has some symbolic meaning to it.

Rutt

I always feel its good to provide feedback, no matter how uninspiring it may be. Here is where I saw things.

Port Disney: The concept is excellent in theory. I love the concept of building the entire park basically around the lake like one huge port and LOVE the boat transportation from land to land. Its a great family ride concept and also a very useful transportation. The park itself seems to be unable to decide whether it is the Magic Kingdom or Epcot redesigned. Port America reads like it was designed by Walt himself. Excellent mix of family rides, shows and restaurants. Port Asia on the other hand really felt like an extension of Epcot. In fact, combined with Port Med, it really did feel like it would become redundant with Epcot nearby. To end on a plus, Future Port and Adventure Port feel like the perfect anti-MK,a nd the overall theming was incredibly cohesive and detailed. All in all, an excellent addition to the World with just a few tweaks.

DKE: This park seemed much more Disney than PD, but almost too much so. Adding NFL junior just seemed a little unimaginative and unexciting. It might draw decent crowds here, but might seem rather redundant with FL already next door. Mythos seems way too similar to Lost Continent and while I know that you mention several times its different, I cant help but think the link would be drawn and Im not sure that's a road Disney would like to go down. On the plus side, Starport is what Im sure we all wish tomorrowland was (minus your SGE clone, please no). The reimagined Mermaid and POTC sound incredibly exciting, in fact Seven Seas was perhaps my favourite of all the Lands put forward. I also loved the idea of the Adventure Harbour gate, maybe just a touch too many dining options as well (although given this will be only one of two gates, I can the need). Overall, great concepts, maybe just a little too hodgepodge

Sam Magic

Thank you for the input! Definitely gave me some ideas on where I need to improve, thank you so much.

DSquared, do you have critiques too?

DSquared

Original Poster
Here's my reviews:

DKE: I agree with RH saying this is more Disney. The use of IP was way more prominent and added more to each attraction. My favorite attraction was your reimagined PotC

PD: This park had great theming, but lacked where valuable IP could be used. The park's layout similar to EPCOT and Disney Sea really worked. I feel that DisneySea vibe when reading over your post, which is a positive

Overall, I was very impressed with both parks and I look forward to more

orlando678-

After 10 years of magic in Hong Kong Disney's Kingdom of Exploration three new areas will open in 2035, 2036 and 2037:

Folktale Forest:
splashmountainwaltdisne.jpg

Our first new area is Folktale Forest. This new area will be based on American folk tales from stories as Song of the South to Davy Crockett. The area will be quite similar to Critter Country. The critter part of the area will be similar to Tokyo Disneyland's Critter Country. The area will have 4 rides, 1 show, 5 eateries and 3 shops. The area wil be very forested like the new Grizzly Peak Airfield area at Disney's California Adventure. The main attraction will be Zip-a-dee-do-dah river splash. This will be the resort's Splash Mountain. The ride will use advanced audio animatronics and new scenes( the tar baby scene for example). Other rides here are the Rackety's Rum Blast, Davy Crockett's stagecoach adventure and Wacky Woodpecker's Flight.

Attractions:
- Zip- a- dee- do- dah river splash( 6-seater log flume ride based on Brer Rabbit's stories)
- Rackety's Rum Blast
Rackety's rum blast is a freefall ride, where guests first enter Rackety's Critter Elixir Company. They see various rums and elixir stored inside, through out the queue they can also see animals create the brew. However, once guests are seated on the "Acorn Trams", the trams ignore the "WARNING! 40 YEAR OLD RUM STORED" sign. As the rum is disturbed, it causes a huge explosion, causing the trams to shoot out of the company and back. You might think that the ride is then over, but it's not. Our vehicles drop on a track which is dangerous and will give us a more thrilling part in the ride. This free fall ride is a part dark-ride, part coaster ride and part freefall ride.
-Davy Crockett's Stagecoaches( board a self moving stagecoach and go with Davy Crockett on a wild adventure through the woods. Guests will encounter animals and indians too!)
- Wacky Woodpecker's Flight( this will be a kiddie coaster where we board vehicles themed to a woodpecker bird. There will be holes in the trees where the train passes through so that it actually feels like you are flying with Wacky)

Restaurants:
- Rackety Raccoon Rums( quick service)
- Beaver River Shack( table service)
- Aunt Cassie's( quick service)
- Silly Bear's Stop( quick service)
- Brer Mole's Hollow( table service)

Shops:
- Mr Hoot's Hooters
- The Briar Patch
- Sandy's Store

Shows:
- Pocahontas' Colors of the Wind( using real actors, real animals and a audio animatronic grandmother willow)

Superhero City:
marvel-dubai-concept-art.jpg

This Superhero City area will open in 2036. The area will be a secret Superheroes' settlement. There are also inhabitants that don't have superpowers here, but they know that superheroes excist so that's why they live here. The land will have a SHIELD camp with interactive games and superhero meet and greets. The main attraction here will be The Avengers attraction. This will be a multi-level attraction. The area is based on superhero stories as Big Hero 6,the Incredibles, the Hulk and the Ant man. It will be a bit comic book like here.

Attractions:
- The Avengers( a KUKA arm and motion based simulator ride mixed. The ride will be multi level. The story will be about villains trying to invade the superhero settlement, but the Avengers and you are going to save the city)
- Big Hero 6: Saving San Fransokyo( This ride will be similar to the upcoming Banshee flight ride from Animal Kingdom, but it will be family friendly)
- The Incredible Adventure( A family dark ride where guests will board pods and travel to Metroville to fight Syndrome, The Underminer and Bomb Voyage)
- SuperHero Labs( a innoventions like area where guests can test their superpowers. there are activities as Superhero flight school, Hulk Jumper etc.)
- SHIELD camp

Restaurants:
- Hall of Heroes( table service)
- Lucky Cat Cafe( table service)
- Superbase( quick service)

Shops:
- Edna's Mode
- Supersuits
- San Fransokyo Store
- Superhero Headquarters

Shows:
- SHIELD center( Pete's silly sideshow like meet and greet experience with SHIELD members)

Shadowlands:
villainway21.jpg

This land is dedicated to creepy stories and the villains in various stories. The area wil have 3 sub-areas, Shrieking forest, Villain Village and Halloweentown. Villain Village will be a village that is runned by villains. It will be similar to Storybrooke from Once Upon A Time. The area would be somewhat similar to Diagon Alley. Shrieking forest would be an area home to a mysterious mansion also known as Haunted Mansion. This version of the ride will be similar to Phantom Manor, but changes its' story to the Hatbox ghost story. Halloweentown will be like Knockturn Alley( covered area which simulates a darker area). The land's weenie will be Shadow Peak which is home to Chernabog( who appears for the nighttime spectacular as a giant AA) .

Attractions:
- Shadow Peak ( a flume ride where we find out that the villains are trying to give themselves the happy endings. Stop them from reaching Chernabog and save the happy endings)
- Haunted Mansion( this will be a completely different ride ( except for lay out and ride system, although the ride system will be improved)compared to the others. The ride will have a storyline based on the Hatbox ghost. It won't have random scenes , but will really keep the focus on the ghost's story like they do inaris with Melanie)
- Nightmare before Christmas( dark ride where you board flying coffins and soar through audio animatronic scenes based on Tim Burton's legendary story)
- Lonesome Manor( ride similar to monsters inc. ride and go seek where we get torches and find the lonesome ghosts in villain village)

Restaurants:
- Hook's tavern( quick service)
- The poisoned apple( table service with interacting magic mirror)
- Villains' lair( table service with dining show)
- Yzma's Potion Bar( quick service)
- The Sleepy Hollow( table service with storytelling experience)
- Scar's Savannah bites( quick service)
- Ursula's Seafood( table service with Ursula audio animatronic in the middle)
- Finkelstein's castle( table service)

Shops:
- De Vil Fashion
- Facilier's Voodoo Shop
- Dastardly Deeds
- Beautifully
- Stromboli's puppet store
- Leota's
- Jack's Halloweentown presents

Shows:
- Villains Tonight dinner show
- Headless Horseman tales

In 2030 a new resort hotel will open at Hong Kong Disney Resort. It will be:

Disney's Art of Pixar Resort:
Disney_Pixar.jpg

Welcome to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort's newest hotel: Disney's Art of Pixar Resort. This hotel will be located on the other side of the road on the side of Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel. This hotel will be the cheaper hotel compared to the other quite expensive hotels at the resort. Although the hotel is cheaper, it will offer guests great service. The resort will have around 2000 rooms, which is the same as Art of Animation resort at the Walt Disney World Resort. The hotel will have 5 wings based on Finding Nemo, A Bug's Life, Monsters.Inc, Toy Story and Cars. The rooms will be similar to the Art of Animation resort rooms and they will be themed to the movie that your wing is themed to.
fsa103990LARGE.jpg
The entrance will look like the Pixar Studio gate. The building will have images of Nemo, Sulley, Mr. Incredible, Flik, Merida, Remy, Lightning McQueen, Wall-E, Carl, Joy and Arlo( the Good Dinosaur). The lobby will be like a gallery with posters and concept arts from the various Pixar movies. In the middle of the lobby will be a statue of the main characters named before and in the middle on top you can fin Luxo Jr. For both the entrance images and the statue will be a possibility to add characters.
Pixar_-_front_gates.jpg
There will be three restaurants at the resort, one bar and a shop. For lunch and dinner you can dine at Remy's kitchen. Luxo Jr.'s will be a food court( character dining) and Pizza Planet for arcade games and pizzas. The bar will be known as the Emotion Hangout. Guests can try things as bubble tea here. The shop will be known as The Pixar Studio Store. Compare this to a smaller version of the World of Disney Store.
RemyEpcotLARGE.jpg
The resort will have one main pool and one side pool. The main pool will be in the biggest wing being the Finding Nemo wing. The pool will use the same undder water audio technology, but this pool will be way different than the Walt Disney World one. The other pool will be in the A Bug's Life wing. The pool will be themed to a small puddle created by water from a watering can, a leaking pump and so on.
disneyanimation.jpg

DisneyArtOfAnimation-Cars.jpg

disney-s-all-star-movies.jpg

Sam Magic

@RH Kelly & @DSquared I want to apologize for submitting my expansions and new hotel so late. I was at the hospital all day and had to do a lot more stuff at home then I expected. I hope that you guys enjoy my proposals and I hope that they help fix some of my problems with my earlier submissions. So without further ado, here is my expansion plan for Port Disney and my new hotel.

New Hotel

10zs40m.png

In 2021, Walt Disney World will celebrate its 50th Anniversary with not just a brand new theme park (Port Disney), but it will also celebrate with the opening of a brand new resort. Disney's Five Kingdoms Resort will embrace the ancient culture of China with a special Disney touch. This new resort will truly be a unique experience to Walt Disney World, and open up new opportunities for Disney guests when they come and visit Walt Disney World.
k9uibm.png
Disney's Five Kingdom's Resort will be located in the Disney's Animal Kingdom Resort area and will be at the corner of Western Way and Buena Vista Dr., across from the Coronado Springs Resort. Parking will be located in a lusciously landscaped Parking lot in front of the main building. The Lobby Building will be known as the Palace. Its interior lobby will decorated in grand Chinese style, similar to the decor of the Forbiddean City of which the resort is inspired by. Look out for the statue of Mushu in the Lobby's center. All the resorts buildings will be designed in traditional Chinese style and will be laced will elegant and immersive gardens/parks to allow our guests to truly relax.

The resort will consist of five core buildings, each representing the five dynasties of China. The lobby and Mushu's Dinner will be located in the main building 'The Liang Palace'. Also located in this building will be 200 hotel rooms. The second building or 'Tang Palace' will be located across the lake and will hold 300 rooms. The Jin Palace will be located directly next door and have 100 rooms. The last two buildings will be the Han & Zhou palaces will have 100 rooms each. All of the rooms will be extremely elegant and will feature a Disney take on traditional Chinese decor.

The true centerpiece of the resort will be Mulan's Gardens. This area, dedicated to Mulan will feature four pavilions. The first two will be simplistic rest stops with Chinese architecture being very prominent, however each will tell the beautiful story of China through two films/exhibits. The first, Chinese Dreams will tell the history of China from the Mongols to CCP. The second, China Rising will tell the story of modern china and will even feature a scale model of future Shanghai. The circular building on a bluff will be called Mulan's Gazebo. Here guests will be able to meet Mulan and Mushu. The third rectangle will be a quick service restaurant called 'Dumplings'. The square building at the islands tip will be Mushu's Pavilion. This will be a tall tower that will serve as place to rent boats that guests will be able to use to travel through the waters. The garden itself will seem more like a forest and will be highly themed and landscaped. It will truly be an immersive and exciting experience for all guests. At nighttime this area will have a 'Lantern Show' where guests will be able to send lanterns into the air in an interactive *light* fireworks show.

This resort will be a first for Walt Disney World and ensure that guests positive and immersive experience does not end at the parks exit.

(Editors Note: During the nighttime show most guests will be at the park so it will be a very low key experience. And not interfere with guests sleep)

Port Disney Expansion
1q6gkk.png

287i54i.png
Coming in 2025 to Port Disney is Port Australia, a land that celebrates the beauty, culture, and wildlife of one of the worlds most unique continents. Port Australia will bring together Port Disney, and bring together the world.

Port Australia will be the largest of the newly built lands and will be divided into two different areas. The Outback, and The City. The Outback will take quests into the wilderness of the Land Down Under, while The City will introduce guests to modern Australia and the beauty of the Pacific Ocean. All of these lands will be highly themed and open up new opportunities for guests to explore, connect, and interact with the sea.

Sydney-Harbour-1170x430.jpg

The City will be located next to Mediterranean Port and its biggest icon will be a recreation of the Sydney Opera House. Also located here will be Harbor Cafe along Australia Bay, and Flinders Market a shop inside a recreation of Flinders Street Station. These buildings will be focused on Flinders Street with Opera House on the streets right hand side facing the bay. On the other side will be most of the shops. Inside the Opera House will be a new attraction, exclusive to Port Disney. Nemo's Ocean Journey will be an exciting dark ride featuring everyone's favorite fishes, Nemo, Marlin, and Dory. These three fish will take guests on a journey through Australia's Great Barrier Reef, a colorful world where anything is possible. Guests may even run into a few friends along the way. Guests of all ages will be entertained with the jokes of their fishy hosts. Also located in The City will be the Sydney Observation Tower, this Tower will give guests a new perspective of the park and even resort...they may even run into a few talkative Seagulls at the top ;)

uluru2.jpg

In The Outback guests will be able to see the breathtaking beauty of the Australian wildlife and outback. The areas centerpiece will be the Uluru and similarly colored Mountain range. On the outside will be an Aboriginal village. The villages main show will be Southern Sky's, this circle vision show will introduce guests to the history and beauty of Australia. The second attraction here will be The Outback Expedition, this ride will allow guests to explore Australia's outback from the nature to the waterfalls, to the animals in a Jungle Cruise styled setting. The star attraction however will be located in the Uluru and be an attraction based on The Rescuers. The Rescuers Down Under will be a thrilling E-Ticket that will allow guests to ride with the Rescuers following the same story of the film. This attraction will wind throughout Australia's beautiful mountain and will be great fun for the whole family.

Australia will truly be a unique place in Port Disney, immersing guests into a beautiful land and a beautiful people.

f3xtox.png

Opening in 2027 will be Incredible Island. This land is themed to the hit Disney-Pixar film 'The Incredibles' and gives guests the opportunity to explore this breathtaking island. This island will be an icon on the Port Disney Skyline, but will also feature exciting attractions for guests of all ages to enjoy.

Upon entering the land guests will be guided to enter their own Nomainsian Monorail which will give them a short tour of the island and bring them into Syndrome's main base. Inside his base guests will be able to design their own robots, virtually explore the island, visit the Incredibles Meet and Greet, ride another pod to have a longer tour of the island (including the underwater garage), or ride The Incredible Adventure, the lands main E-Ticket. Syndrome's base will be very retro futurist in design. Many glass and white fiberglass features; everything will be clean, curved, and smooth.

The Incredible Adventure will be a thrilling roller coaster ride inside the Mountain. Guests will board their own Velocipods and proceed on a crazy journey inside the mountain, following the Parr family as they defeat Syndrome. Guests will pass through intense scenes that lead up to the finale where Syndrome and Mr. Incredible face off in the lava chamber resulting in a victory for Mr. Incredible. This coaster will be extremely exciting for many guests, especially fans of the film. The ride will unload close to the Incredible's meet and greet.

This island will bring new excitment and one of Pixar's most beloved films. With strong and immersive theming this will truly be an amazing land.

2mmxwz9.png

Opening in 2030 at Port Disney will be a brand new experience for Disney World Guests at Mermaid Lagoo. Mermaid Lagoon, based on The Little Mermaid, is an underwater fun land for all guests. This land features many simplistic rides with an underwater spin, a new Mermaid show, and the opportunity to get face to face with Ariel.

Upon entering the land guests will find that it is completely inside King Tritons palace. Upon walking through the palace gates, guests will be 'transported' to the sea. Inside they will find Flounders Flying Fish; a fish themed spinner, Jumpin Jellyfish; a fun parachute like attraction, and Seahorse Carousel. These attractions will all be set in a highly themed building designed to look as though you are underwater. Window's will have screens that make it appear as though guests are really underwater.

On the second level of the palace guests will find a guest shop and two of the lands main attractions. The first is 'The Little Mermaid' broadway show which will be permanently stationed in the land. The second attraction will be Ariel's Grotto, in this attraction guests will get into shells and travel through and Ariel narrated tour of the palace that finally ends at an Ariel Meet and Greet. There the little ones can meet Ariel and Flounder, another great memory to add to the long term memory shelves.

Mermaid Lagoon will be a fantastic addition to an already exciting theme park and will bring joy and excitment to many visitors. Despite the similarities with Disney Sea it will still be fresh and a new experience for Walt Disney World.

Editors Note: As you can see, these expansions and new hotel will take place over the course of a decade. They will bring new people into the Walt Disney World resort and enhance the resorts overall feel and excitiment. By bringing new and unique experiences I feel as though I have created an improved and more exciting Walt Disney World. Thank you for reading and your consideration.

Last edited:

DSquared

Original Poster
Okay, your last challange is to design a water park. It should have no more than 10 rides(only ddetail 1)
2 places to eat
1 shop

You don't have to go full detail, just a bsaic outline. Due July 20th

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom