The Great Disney Race- Test Challenges

Sam Magic

Okay, your last challange is to design a water park. It should have no more than 10 rides(only ddetail 1)
2 places to eat
1 shop

You don't have to go full detail, just a bsaic outline. Due July 20th
When should we expect results/reviews of the previous challenge?

Also, does this waterpark have to be in our main resort or can it be somewhere else?

Rutt

Two excellent results again! You guys are making this awesome to judge!! Cant wait to see who wins ;)

I will have my reviews up tonight I promise!!

DSquared

Original Poster
Ok. Another close one
Orlando-8.75 (Best- Superhero City)
Sam-8.5 (Best- Mermaid Lagoon)
The last 2 scores plus the next one will be averaged to see who wins.

Rutt

Im sorry if the critiques aren't as specific as last time but really, I LOVED both concepts. I feel both add some flavours to their individual Disney Parks that would keep people coming back again and again.

Folktale forest is something WDW should seriously consider for the Kingdom. This screams kids land. I actually think the sound of the kiddie coaster going through the trees is awesome. The eateries sound clever although the Rums one gave me pause in a land obviously geared toward the kiddies. (If you ask me anyway). The Pocahontas show sounds exciting, although it seems a lot like the show at Great Wolf with the animatronic tree bit, maybe just me. Superhero City is the anti-princess land we all wish they had over here although I question combining the Marvel heroes with the Disney ones. They've always seemed like seperate entities and personally, Im not sure that we can simply mesh them into one land. I LOVE the Labs idea. Rides are cool, but having interactive elements MAKES the parks and is one of the things I think sets Disney apart. Well done. You can find me at Edna's, spending all of my dough. Shadowlands is again well themed, but needs be approached carefully. I think this land may be too much for some of the youngins which may limit the audience and push them into your other very well done lands (like the soon to be overflowing Superhero City). Regarding the hotel, Art of Pixar didnt really grab me, I actually dont think there would be anything wrong with reusing the name Art of Animation here (it is in Hong Kong afterall) and theming it to Pixar. Just my opinion. The rooms and theming sound awesome, and I love using the Pixar Place gate. Just creates the experience right off the bat. The Bugs Life pool is unique and themed incredibly well. This is a resort that screams Disney, well done. I will say that the Villains area will be an excellent detractor to what was a very Disney yungins sounding park. Great job!

Sam:
The resort: Where do I register? The Five Kingdoms sounds like it would become one of the most popular Deluxe resorts around. The meet and greets and shows at the resort would ensure a constant flow of both guests and resort hoppers (one of my favourite Disney hobbies). I would assume it would be incredibly pricey, but hey, we're imagineering here. Port Australia could lead to so many amazing things and Im not sure that this park hit the nail on the head. Nemo is already well represented at both AK and Epcot and Im not sure another Nemo section would do much for the World. The observation tower on the other hand would be an incredible view with your themed areas. It would also be something that the entire family could enjoy. The Incredibles section sounds very exciting. The monorail ride is something that would be very popular but seems a little far fetched. Perhaps more of a people mover would be more realistic? The mountain ride sounds like one of the better ride ideas yet. My only concern is that as well as everything in this park seems to be themed, Im not sure this area fits the rest of the park? Maybe just me . Mermaid Lagoon is a hit! I love the theming, love the rides, just love it altogether. Again, it feels like this park as a whole is kinda going all over the place. I guess the island and the mermaid lagoon kinda fits the Port and water feel, but got the feeling that your original opening of the park was more of a confused MK/ Epcot. With this addition, it feels like it added some DHS/ AK to the mix. Altogether, it seems like a great collection of all the things that dont quite fit in to the other parks, which to me makes it rather exciting. Well done!

Last edited:

DSquared

Original Poster
Orlando-
I liked Superhero City a lot. Great use of the Marvel IP. The only thing is that it doesn't fit the best with theming, but it was good.

I also enjoyed the Pixar themed hotel, reminded me of that sick Toy Story one in Shanghi. Great use of IP.

Sam-
Again a great job. I thought Mermaid Lagoon was a great addition, and how you kind of seperated The Incredibles from the rest of the park to better fit the theme. And as good as the Nemo ride sounds, there's already enough Nemo.

Your 5 Kingdoms hotel was a great idea. It kept with the more archutectural, and majestic themes of some of the WDW resorts. The Mulan IP worked great here.

Sorry I was a little late, got caught up in housework:(

orlando678-

In 2040, Hong Kong Disney Resort will open its' first water park called:

This new water park will be based on a Polynesian island. The park's focal point will be Mount Pele, a volcano that erupts from time to time( similar to mount prometheus). The island is filled with tikis, tropical plants, water slides and other fun experiences. The park will have 10 attractions, 1 shop, 1 quick service and 1 table service. The main attraction of the park will be Pele's Wrath. This water slide will the highest and most thrilling slide of the park. The ride will start inside a glas tank where the floor is taken away and then you will drop down into the lagoon of the mountain. Inside the tank you will hear Pele saying hahaha now you will be punished for disturbing my mountaineous home. You will then hear her saying a Polynesian spell and you will drop down. The slide will go both around and inside the mountain. There will be an AA Pele in the ride too, but you will see her shortly. The quick service will be Polynesia Paradise, where guests can eat tropical fruit, smoothies, dole whips, but also fast food. The table service will be Trader Sam's Hut. The bar from Disney's Polynesian Village resort will be converted into a full table service restaurant serving American, Polynesian and Chinese dishes. It will be both indoor as outdoors. The restaurant will be expanded so that more people can enjoy the madness inside Sam's hut. The shop will be Tiki Traders selling Polynesian and Disney souvenirs. You can also find swimwear, sunglasses and many other things for the beach or for at the swimming pool. Lilo, Stitch and Moana will be meeting guests at certain times here. There will be two main pools called the Kowabunga Wave Pool and the Lava Lagoon. There are also 15 hot tubs. The waterpark will be located behind fantasyland, the road and the river.

Attractions:
- Pele's Wrath
- Tangaroa River( a lazy river )
- Tiki and Liki( duelling slides)
- Kamohoalii rapids( 3 different water rapids water slides)
- Volcano bay( children water play area)
- Hulu Waka River Rafts( a 4 seater river rapid slide similar to Teamboat Springs)
- Lava runners( 4 duelling low slides similar to snow stormers)
- Namaka( similar to slush gusher)
- Kowabunga Wave Pool
- Oro( similar to Tobbogan racers)

Restaurants:
- Polynesian Paradise( quick service)
- Trader Sam's Hut( table service)

Shops:
- Tiki Traders

Rutt

I hope all is well with @Sam4D23 and can't wait to read your last project! In the meantime, @orlando678- I will review yours.
Using Mt Prometheus was an excellent base in my opinion. Retheming it to Polynesia makes it unique and although very similar to the TDS attraction, just different enough to make me have to travel to both, thanks for that! Im not completely sold on how the water slide would be the highest attraction in the park (I'm reading that as the Resort, so I could be confused, if its just the waterpark then I apologize, it makes perfect sense), but if it works great! The AA on the water slide sounds awesome. Bringing over Trader Sam's brings another touch of Disney USA to the East, and ensuring that the quick serve not only offers up the Polynesian but Asian choices as well ensures that a greater spectrum of visitors will be satisfied, not forcing the 'unusual' cuisine on them. Adding the character meet and greets to the park adds yet another Disney touch, and the fact that I can meet Stitch there (my favourite) makes me want to go even more. My only concern is that the rest of the park really sounds like your average run of the mill waterpark with plussed theming, although its tough to tell with only one ride descriptive (damn challenge!). Based on your previous challenges I am certain there would be more twists and magic to the other attractions, maybe even some innoventions that would make the rides unique.

Overall, extremely well done!

Sam Magic

LAVA LAGOON

disney-pixar-lava

Inspired by the tropical beauty of Hawaii, Lava Lagoon will be located between the Polynesian and Grand Floridian resorts. It will be constructed in the 'lagoon' of a great Volcanic island (think Pixar's Lava short). The entrance will be in the islands 'back'. Guests will walk under tunnels in the mountain where they can purchase snacks, towels, and other items in Nauni's Shack. and catch a glimpse of the guests in the lazy river. As guests begin to see the end of the tunnel their excitement will grow with the sound of laughter and exciting screams. In the center of the island will be the Haupuna River, a lazy river that flows around the entire park giving guests a unique perspective of both the shore and inside the mountain. The Hehena Wave Pool, located in the center as well, will excite guests with intense waves will also be located here. Also located here will be Stitches Luau, this water play-land for kids will feature many small slides and interactive fountains to excite guests it will also be the location of a Lelo and Stitch meet and greet. A Shave Ice stand will operate here during the day and at night a Luau table service will serve guests traditional Hawaiian cuisine.

c70b597862be0b111e43d3c6d7726857.jpg

One of the feature attractions of the Water Park will be four major attractions. These attractions will all be located in the Volcano itself and empty into two lagoons that surround the park; Neptune Lagoon and Mars Lagoon. The longest of these attractions will be
Tiki Rafts. This will be an exciting raft ride that goes around the Volcano and has an exciting drop. The second Eruption!, will be an exciting drop from the top of the mountain to the pools below. Two more attractions located in this area will be the Roaring Mountains, a dueling slide that goes along the two matching sides of the Volcano and LAVA a calm water dark ride in the depths of the volcano based on the Pixar Short. This attraction will feature a unique take on the short...extending it a bit.

lavalagoon5.jpg
Located in Neptune Lagoon, going around the Volcano's side will be Aloha Falls, a simplistic raft side ride pictured above. This attraction will utilize the same water and beaches as the attractions Tiki Rafts and Roaring Mountains. The beaches of this area will be both white and black, similar to what you would find at an actual Volcanic Mountain!

lavalagoon4.jpg
Lelo Springs will be located in Mars Lagoon and will be a geothermal like pool...a large hot tub of sorts. It will be a quite and relaxing place exclusive to those 18 and up. Here will also be a quick service restaurant, The Tiki Bar. The Tiki Bar will serve Hawaiian themed foods and limited alcoholic drinks (This means each guest will be limited to the number of drinks they can have...the limit is two). Mars Lagoon will also be a drop off place for ERUPTION!, and Roaring Mountains. Lava will link up to the Lazy River.

So that is Lava Lagoon, the most exciting Water Park in the whole World ;)! Aloha!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom