Trip Report The Goodbye Childhood.....HELLO DISNEY! TR

Soooo... I've been back home for approximately 72 hours, give or take a few. So I figured it was time to begin my TR!!

If you would like to read my PTR, it's located here.

Here's a little disclaimer before I get started, all my pictures were taken on and Iphone 4. So sorry if they quality isn't perfect :D I have a little point and shoot camera but carrying it around and remembering I have it doesn't work for me haha. So I usually use my phone.

Now, let's get this report started!!!!!!

We all woke up on Thursday (4/3/14) around 6am, I woke up a little earlier but refused to leave my bed until I was ready! That's how I am haha. Definitely not a morning person. I made myself some coffee and decided it was time to get ready, I had a date with a mouse!!!

My dad and sister packed the car pretty quickly, but not before making the necessary "Gosh Jess, did you pack your closet for a 4 day trip?" comments. Every trip I get them. I like to have options in the parks for outfits!! Sue me.

I have no pictures for the first few hours of our trip, forgive me. It was dark out and I was exhausted. After we got the car packed, we brought our dog, Nala (like the lion king :) we are a VERY Disney family haha) to my grandparents. We said our goodbyes to her and we were off by 6:30!! We got on the Florida Turnpike northbound and drove.... and drove.... and drove..... now I don't remember almost any of this because I was not feeling very well and passed out! I woke up as we were parking at Cracker Barrel.

Now this is when the whole not feeling well thing really kicked in. I got out of the car and got super nauseous. I ran back to the car to get my water and to drink it away. I really thought I was going to be sick right there. Thank God, It went away and inside I got a coke hoping the bubbles would help my tummy.

Thankfully the coke did help and I was starting to feel better. We ordered our food and it came out pretty quick. I wish we had a CB closer to us... oh well haha. I got biscuits and gravy with hashbrown casserole. YUM!!!! After eating, we all went to the bathrooms, we were not stopping until we got there! I got a water to go, in case I didnt feel well again haha. Here I am being a dork... FIRST PICTURE OF THE TRIP!

IMG_4732_zps6d067da4.jpg

We all piled back into the car for the next leg of the journey. I fell asleep AGAIN! Which is unheard of. I can never fall asleep in cars so this was amazing haha. I woke up as soon as we got off the turnpike. That's a new record!

After that I was ready and excited, so I did what anyone would do, take pictures and annoy their siblings in the process.

IMG_4734_zps234a2918.jpg

SMILE ASHLEY! She wanted nothing to do with me.

About 10 minutes after we got off the turnpike, I saw this beauty in the distance...
IMG_4736_zpsc6d09398.jpg

Closer....
IMG_4737_zps4bbc388b.jpg

AND CLOSER....

IMG_4738_zps5aef9a06.jpg

WE'RE HERE!!!!!

As everyone else knows, once we passed under that sign, all our troubles were left in the outside world.

We got to WDW by about 10:30am. Pretty good timing!

We drove a little and made our way to DTD to get our passes. We just renewed our Florida Resident Seasonal Passes for the year... This was the first time I had to be an "adult" and buy my own... I wanna be Peter Pan and never grow up haha.

Now, DTD Is doing A LOT of work right now, and it just so happens that my sister is TERRIFIED of cranes... Well we were driving in and saw about 10 of them. This is the reaction we got...

IMG_4739_zps0ebd2140.jpg

That picture just makes me happy haha.. I'm evil :D

IMG_4740_zps29adb133.jpg

This is her saying "You don't understand!!"

And of course.. the cranes themselves..
IMG_4741_zps756fbe57.jpg

Once we were done laughing at Ashley's expense. We parked and got out. We were finally walking on WDW property! I saw these windows and HAD to take pictures, even if they did come out this bad..
IMG_4742_zps77a8b5dc.jpg

IMG_4742_zps77a8b5dc.jpg
IMG_4744_zps4ef16fcf.jpg

I love Frozen... it's pretty sad haha

After that, we went over to Guest Relations, got our passes, linked them to our magic bands and we were back in the car to head to the resort... Would our room actually be ready this early???? Guess you will just have to wait and find out....

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
Who is ready for some more fun?? Well I hope you all find it fun :D

On to the continuation of day 2!

We met up with Amanda
, Aunt Cathie, and Teagan. The adults wanted to take a smoke break so Daniel, Ashley and I took Teagan in the Tinkerbell butterfly garden!

IMG_4910_zps6b266315.jpg

IMG_4912_zps9a24fdcf.jpg

They had these really cute fairy houses all over! I love the Fairies movies and books, I read all the books when I was younger so seeing these was really cool

IMG_4913_zps620bbbd5.jpg

IMG_4914_zps726cc9f8.jpg
IMG_4915_zps15d34aec.jpg

For some reason, after this, we went up to the front of the park.... I don't remember why...... haha, see what happens when I dont take notes! ahh... well either way, we went up to the front of Epcot for a little bit!

I had to take a picture of my custom ears and the ball!
IMG_4918_zps7b29a542.jpg

The 3 of us taking a nice picture! It's a miracle
IMG_4921_zps048cb516.jpg

And a "selfie" of course!
IMG_4919_zps6c0a9ae3.jpg

Ashley is wearing my mom's custom Elsa ears. Check this place out online! She makes AMAZING ears! All custom! She is on Instagram as themousemaker

The whole family went on SSE after that, Daniel and I decided to be "fierce" for our future. We had a Fierce Future! haha

IMG_4925_zps155fb32c.jpg

Me being fierce

IMG_4926_zpsa10d9601.jpg

And Daniel

After that, Amanda decided she NEEDED to ride TT! So, on we went! We rode single rider, but we hit the jackpot because of my birthday button! They sat Ashley, Daniel, and I together! SCORE!! We of course had to have grumps in on it!

IMG_4929_zps62508de6.jpg

And if you were wondering.. yes grumps is wearing my Ariel ears.... :D

TT was fun, we got stuck in the crash test area, right before they shoot you out the doors, we sat there for about 10 minutes it passed pretty quickly though because of how silly we all are, we entertained the family with us haha.

After our trip as test dummies, Teagan said "NEMO!" which is rare seeing as she cannot talk very well, so we took her advice and on to Nemo we went!

There was NO ONE on the ride at all, so we each sat in our own clam and made jokes the whole ride, we only do stuff like that when we know we will not be disturbing anyone else.

IMG_4933_zpsbcfc39f0.jpg

Its the jellies!

IMG_4936_zpsefa82da1.jpg

It was about 9 now and illuminations was starting, we stayed where we were because miss Teagan does not like the noises, loves the look of them not the sounds. After it was over, we still had a few EMHs left in the park. We headed over to the countries and just looked around.

Amanda, Daniel and I got margaritas in Mexico. We stopped and looked in every store we could, we loved the masks in Italy! Which I completely forgot existed. The CM there was amazing, he let us try some on, showed us how they were made and everything! He let me try on the most expensive one since it was my birthday :) no pictures though :/ oh well!

I have no more pictures of this night, except one, so I will sum it up!

We walked all around the countries, Michelle got some wine in Italy, Ashley kept falling asleep when we sat down haha, she cant handle anything past 9:30pm .

Eventually we finished the circle and made it to the front of the park. Daniel Ash and I drove there, the rest of them took the bus, so we split up and headed back to the car. Ashley passed out in the car and I got a picture of her waking up so beautifully..

IMG_4938_zps03391455.jpg

We went back to the room, hung out for a little and relaxed, we took showers and got our clothes out for the next day, we had the Keys to the Kingdom tour and we couldn't be more excited!!!!! :D:D:D:D

That's all I got for now! Enjoy

and thank you so much for following along!

mrdrift

Great trip report, great pictures. Looks like you guys are having a magical time of your lifes :). I cant wait to heat about the Keys to the Kingdom tour. My family has always wanted to do that.

Sam J W

Loving this TR and the way you write is awesome! Your pictures keep me smiling because they remind me of how I take holiday pictures; normally more silly faces than serious ones!

The custom ears look amazing and I really wish I had a pair. Looking forwards to reading future posts about your trip

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
Great trip report, great pictures. Looks like you guys are having a magical time of your lifes :). I cant wait to heat about the Keys to the Kingdom tour. My family has always wanted to do that.
Thank you so much!! I am actually about to post about the tour. Stay tuned :)

Send me the link for the custom ears in a personal message. I think they may have deleted.
I just did!

Loving this TR and the way you write is awesome! Your pictures keep me smiling because they remind me of how I take holiday pictures; normally more silly faces than serious ones!

The custom ears look amazing and I really wish I had a pair. Looking forwards to reading future posts about your trip
Thank you! :D

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
Who is ready to hear about the Keys to the Kingdom Tour??

It has been a little while since I have posted, from the comments I'm reading, everyone wants to hear about the tour! Sorry about making you all wait :) haha. I just planned a very last minute trip this weekend for the Rock Your Disney Side 24 hour event, so it has been crazy!!! Definitely will have a TR for that coming :D

Lets get this show on the road!

We all woke up at 7am to get ready, our tour was at 9:30am, but they ask you to be there 30 minutes early, and since we were on the opposite side of the property we had a little trip to get there.

Around 8:30 we were ready to go, we all tried to eat something for breakfast but we couldn't we were so excited!

We hopped in the car and were off to TTC!

IMG_4939_zpsb9aee231.jpg

The 3 of us are slightly obsessed with "DisneyBounding" if you don't know what that is, it's dressing like a character without wearing a costume. So wearing their colors and accessories that relate to them. We each were a character this day, I was Ariel (of course), Daniel tried to be Mickey, and Ashley was Captain Hook. You will see us later :)

We made it to TTC around 8:45 and I was worrying about the time, I HATE being late to things, I'd rather be extra early

On the tram!
IMG_4940_zpse44c163d.jpg

We made it into MK as the Welcome Show was finishing, we rushed to the entrance for tours and reservations, we made it to town hall and they gave us our badges, took our lunch order, and complimentary water. We were so excited!!! We were finally there!

IMG_4942_zps972f81a8.jpg

We were very excited... haha everyone else in our group must have thought we were crazy, we were all dressed up for anything but a walking tour and we kept taking pictures of everything haha

We started the tour and our guide was amazing! His name escapes me now.... which I feel bad about haha, but he was great. There are no pictures allowed while you are on the tour so I don't really have much here but I will give you a summary...

We were brought down Main street and he told us all these secrets about when WDW was being built and explained all the names in the windows and stuff. It was so cool! It is A LOT of information to take in such a short period of time.

We then were brought to Adventureland, it was really good that we were given listening devices because it was so crowded that it got hard to hear at times and you could just raise the volume. My parents have taken the tour before and were not given listening devices.

Once in Adventureland we were given a bathroom break, Daniel got a popsicle because he was so hungry haha. we took some pictures

IMG_4943_zps95765747.jpg

Grumps got in on the tour too

IMG_4944_zps20f48d20.jpg

We continued on with the tour, they brought us to our first backstage location, the parade floats holding area for MSEP, it was so cool, they were working on fixing some lights for the performance that night. We also got to see the training vehicles the drivers have to use. Pretty cool!

We also learned about the trash system they use in MK. It's all these vacuum tube things haha. The CM drop them off at certain locations around the park and they get brought back near Splash Mountain and it is handled back there. We were taught about "Go Away Green" paint that everything you are not suppose to notice is painted.

They then brought us to Liberty Square and told us about the really old tree there and how there are 13 lanterns hanging for the 13 colonies. Eventually it was time for lunch at the Harbor House!

When we got there, everything was already set up for us at tables. If you were alone in the tour, they sat you with other people who came alone. If you came in a group you sat together, so the 3 of us were together!

I had opted for the tuna salad sandwich
IMG_4947_zps51bbd6df.jpg

We also were given our "Key to the Kingdom" pin at lunch, it's that thing in the picture with my name on it..

IMG_4948_zps8f597549.jpg

Waiting for our lunch to be over

After lunch we rode HM and were given little secrets before we rode, we got to stay in the stretch room and learn the secrets of that and even more. I won't give them all away :) haha

We then went over to the Crystal Palace area and had another break and then it was UTILIDOOR TIME!!!! (Sorry if I spelled that wrong ) haha

I was very excited to go down there. It doesnt look very special but if you are a true Disney fan, you appreciate it. Just knowing I was there was amazing.

There are also a lot of older things from Walt and Roy down there in showcases.

After the Utilidoors, we went back up to Main Street and the tour was over :( it was 5 1/2 hours, so worth the $70!!!

One thing though, wear comfortable shoes, I wore sandals, which I'm usually perfect in at the parks, but the standing is what really gets you. Not the walking. My feet were killing me!

We met up with my parents after, it was about 2 ish. We all got water and Ash and Daniel got Waffles from Sleepy Hallows. We wanted to see the FOF parade!

We got perfect seats in Frontierland. We had a little bit of a wait but talked to a CM to pass time

Finally it was happening!!!!

IMG_4951_zpsb6c777b4.jpg

IMG_4953_zps17fef9f3.jpg

IMG_4956_zpsb94a941e.jpg

This next picture just makes me so happy. I had my birthday pin on and Prince Charming points at me and says "Happy Birthday Princess Jessica".... I died haha. I am such a kid when it comes to Disney

IMG_4959_zpsccb1ffc7.jpg

And I got it on camera! haha

Then I saw my two favorite sisters!
IMG_4962_zpsb0d59bf3.jpg

Then came my FAVORITE part of the parade! No it wasn't the Ariel part haha

TANGLED!

IMG_4966_zpsa7378222.jpg

IMG_4968_zpscdcffbb8.jpg

IMG_4969_zps53ea6e4d.jpg

The BEST. FLOAT. EVER... The Snuggly Duckling!

IMG_4969_zps53ea6e4d.jpg

IMG_4972_zps70335eae.jpg

Now Flynn Rider is definitely one of my favorite princes, this guy made my life.. haha

He was ontop of his little swinging axe thing and fixing his boot strap, he looked down at me from up there and said, "Hey! Happy birthday!" and then smoldered at me... haha <3 very happy girl over here

IMG_4974_zpsee2689bd.jpg

After freaking out, I saw my girl in the distance!
IMG_4976_zpsec837b4e.jpg

IMG_4982_zps47233778.jpg

Unfortunately after this, my phone overheated and turned off. Oh well, I got the best parts of it!!!!

That is all I have for now, there are some more exciting things coming! I hope you all enjoyed this post! Sorry it was very word heavy.

Thank you for following!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom