Trip Report The Goodbye Childhood.....HELLO DISNEY! TR

Soooo... I've been back home for approximately 72 hours, give or take a few. So I figured it was time to begin my TR!!

If you would like to read my PTR, it's located here.

Here's a little disclaimer before I get started, all my pictures were taken on and Iphone 4. So sorry if they quality isn't perfect :D I have a little point and shoot camera but carrying it around and remembering I have it doesn't work for me haha. So I usually use my phone.

Now, let's get this report started!!!!!!

We all woke up on Thursday (4/3/14) around 6am, I woke up a little earlier but refused to leave my bed until I was ready! That's how I am haha. Definitely not a morning person. I made myself some coffee and decided it was time to get ready, I had a date with a mouse!!!

My dad and sister packed the car pretty quickly, but not before making the necessary "Gosh Jess, did you pack your closet for a 4 day trip?" comments. Every trip I get them. I like to have options in the parks for outfits!! Sue me.

I have no pictures for the first few hours of our trip, forgive me. It was dark out and I was exhausted. After we got the car packed, we brought our dog, Nala (like the lion king :) we are a VERY Disney family haha) to my grandparents. We said our goodbyes to her and we were off by 6:30!! We got on the Florida Turnpike northbound and drove.... and drove.... and drove..... now I don't remember almost any of this because I was not feeling very well and passed out! I woke up as we were parking at Cracker Barrel.

Now this is when the whole not feeling well thing really kicked in. I got out of the car and got super nauseous. I ran back to the car to get my water and to drink it away. I really thought I was going to be sick right there. Thank God, It went away and inside I got a coke hoping the bubbles would help my tummy.

Thankfully the coke did help and I was starting to feel better. We ordered our food and it came out pretty quick. I wish we had a CB closer to us... oh well haha. I got biscuits and gravy with hashbrown casserole. YUM!!!! After eating, we all went to the bathrooms, we were not stopping until we got there! I got a water to go, in case I didnt feel well again haha. Here I am being a dork... FIRST PICTURE OF THE TRIP!

IMG_4732_zps6d067da4.jpg

We all piled back into the car for the next leg of the journey. I fell asleep AGAIN! Which is unheard of. I can never fall asleep in cars so this was amazing haha. I woke up as soon as we got off the turnpike. That's a new record!

After that I was ready and excited, so I did what anyone would do, take pictures and annoy their siblings in the process.

IMG_4734_zps234a2918.jpg

SMILE ASHLEY! She wanted nothing to do with me.

About 10 minutes after we got off the turnpike, I saw this beauty in the distance...
IMG_4736_zpsc6d09398.jpg

Closer....
IMG_4737_zps4bbc388b.jpg

AND CLOSER....

IMG_4738_zps5aef9a06.jpg

WE'RE HERE!!!!!

As everyone else knows, once we passed under that sign, all our troubles were left in the outside world.

We got to WDW by about 10:30am. Pretty good timing!

We drove a little and made our way to DTD to get our passes. We just renewed our Florida Resident Seasonal Passes for the year... This was the first time I had to be an "adult" and buy my own... I wanna be Peter Pan and never grow up haha.

Now, DTD Is doing A LOT of work right now, and it just so happens that my sister is TERRIFIED of cranes... Well we were driving in and saw about 10 of them. This is the reaction we got...

IMG_4739_zps0ebd2140.jpg

That picture just makes me happy haha.. I'm evil :D

IMG_4740_zps29adb133.jpg

This is her saying "You don't understand!!"

And of course.. the cranes themselves..
IMG_4741_zps756fbe57.jpg

Once we were done laughing at Ashley's expense. We parked and got out. We were finally walking on WDW property! I saw these windows and HAD to take pictures, even if they did come out this bad..
IMG_4742_zps77a8b5dc.jpg

IMG_4742_zps77a8b5dc.jpg
IMG_4744_zps4ef16fcf.jpg

I love Frozen... it's pretty sad haha

After that, we went over to Guest Relations, got our passes, linked them to our magic bands and we were back in the car to head to the resort... Would our room actually be ready this early???? Guess you will just have to wait and find out....

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
Following along! More, more, more!!!! :D

Thanks! More's coming soon :)

We always stop at Cracker Barrel on our way to Disney as well. it has become tradition. Can't wait to read more!
It's and awesome way to start your trip. We get to eat really good food and talk about how excited we are! haha. Thank you for following along :)

Love your driving/car photos! It's always so exciting driving through that sign!
Thank you!

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
Who's ready for more??

Soooo, we left DTD and drove across property, finally we saw this
IMG_4747_zpseec8c57a.jpg

I love the theming here, everything is just so beautiful and it meshes really well together.

We drove up to the guard gate and provided our name as usual. He looked us up and said "Welcome Home" They have to say this to us or else it doesn't feel right to me haha :) When they don't I always tell my parents "They didnt say it!!! That's not right!"

We drove down a winding rode and saw the sign to where we were going!

IMG_4748_zps178c1249.jpg

Now this was our first time staying at Kidani Village. We've stayed at AKL before but a while ago. I was so excited to see the inside. I love the lobby of Jambo house so I couldn't wait!

We parked the car and slowly made our way inside. I had to stop for some pictures of course

IMG_4751_zps910026b0.jpg

I absolutely loved the entrance to the lobby, the lanterns were a nice touch and at night they lit your way at night from the bus stop and look gorgeous

IMG_4753_zps381a7a11.jpg

IMG_4754_zpsb3d129f7.jpg

We walked inside and I feel in love. While my dad went to check in, I took a few pictures

IMG_4755_zps3da9f629.jpg

I really wished this picture turned out better. But, I still love it.

I went up to my parents, they were trying to combine our reservation with my aunt's to get a 1 bedroom lockout instead of a 1 bedroom and studio so they would be attached. The CM made a call, and luckily, they were able to do it! So we all would get to be together! Woot Woot :D

Unfortunately, it was only noon at this point, the rooms were not ready and wouldn't be until at least 3. That was ok with us.

Ash and I wanted to go to HS anyway, so we went out to the car and got clothes to change into, Went into the bathroom and we were ready. We went with our parents to park the car.

Now.. here's something I REALLY liked about this resort. The parking is underneath the resort. It's a parking garage. So you park in your section underneath the resort. We were told to park in Pumbaa since it was closest to our rooms.
IMG_4756_zpsa9cd1d07.jpg

Finally we were ready to go. Ash and I left our parents and headed to the bust stop. They had the screen with ETA for the buses, but as we learned very quickly, they're not very accurate.

Waiting for a bus..
IMG_4757_zps490f56e8.jpg

The bus showed up 10 minutes earlier than the board had said, which we were definitely not complaining about! It stopped at Jambo house to pick up people, but barely anyone got one. YAY

We arrived at HS in about 10 minutes. We went to guest relations and got my birthday pin :D and walked down Sunset Blvd to our favorite ride, TOT.

The wait was only 13 minutes, SCORE

IMG_4758_zps464e8a4b.jpg

We had a conversation about how this needs to be a resort and how we would totally stay there. I think it would be really fun!

We walked right into the preshow, where Ashley feels the need to say EVERY SINGLE WORD to the video... doesn't matter how many times we ride it, she still does it.

We stopped in the boiler room to take a picture
IMG_4761_zps77689e0e.jpg

I see our elevator!
IMG_4762_zps3edce2cc.jpg

We had an AMAZING ride sequence! We dropped the full way from top to bottom twice. I loved it :)

After we got off, I noticed something I usually walk by, the Sunset Room door. I loved the Tower of Terror movie when I was younger and that is where they filmed the creepy alien scene haha..

IMG_4766_zpsd514d375.jpg

That's all I can do for now guys, but I'll post a new one tomorrow before work. Thank you for following along!

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
Like I promised, I am writing a new post before work!

Where were we.... oh yeah, we got off of TOT and made our way over to RNRC. Standby was slightly ridiculous so we hopped into single rider. Now, this weekend seemed to have A LOT of high schools marching and concert band groups there, must have been a competition or something. Unfortunately Ash and I got stuck behind a group of about 7 girls from a high school and they all apparently have NEVER heard of deodorant. They smelled, and bad at that. I mean come on girls! You're teenagers, you have to know about this, you had time to cover your face with makeup, but couldn't put on deodorant?

My rant is over haha, we went through the preshow and out to the loading area
IMG_4767_zpsdc3cffd1.jpg

Then someone decided to be funny and get into my pictures...
IMG_4768_zpsa8b94fec.jpg

Even when you try to avoid her this happens,
IMG_4769_zps792aa86d.jpg

We were lucky and got to sit together even though we went in single rider, and we got the back row. Woot Woot.

After going backstage with Aerosmith, we were getting hungry, we had gotten TSMM FP's but had a while for them. We decided to eat at the Commisary.

I got the chicken club, which I've gotten before. It's good and big enough to fill you up.
IMG_4772_zps132290f4.jpg

Ashley got some salad thing, no pictures of that..

The CM who gave me my food did something really nice for me:D He gave me a cupcake for my birthday! It was raspberry flavored.
IMG_4771_zps81eb912a.jpg

I was expecting a filling of some sort but not in this, it was a vanilla cupcake with raspberry frosting. I usually don't like vanilla cupcakes, but this was awesome! It wasn't very heavy either like some cupcakes

IMG_4775_zps7b1802b4.jpg

And now a few embarrassing pictures of Ashley eating..
IMG_4776_zpsb94c6bb6.jpg

And now for my personal favorite..
IMG_4778_zps3ab2110b.jpg

After eating, we went over to the GMR,

IMG_4779_zpsdf49714a.jpg

I love the ceiling in here, like I say in almost every TR
IMG_4781_zpsf56e82a6.jpg

I was happy to see they added a few new costumes in the line
IMG_4782_zps2ca3791a.jpg

That's all I got for now, time to go to work :/

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
Continuing Day 1! :D

Again, thank you all for following along. Are you enjoying it so far?

When we left off, we were in line for GMR, the line took about 5 minutes, if that. They were sending 2 cars at a time though with 2 separate guides. It was distracting at first because you could hear the car infront of us, we sounded like and echo.

I was definitely disappointed once we reached the gangster scene, because I realized the car in front of us got the cowboy scene. Oh well, there's always next time right?

I was right next to the car
IMG_4785_zpsc0d2d4b8.jpg

The gangster we got was alright, her accent sounded like she just got her wisdom teeth taken out.. haha. The actual tour guide we had though, was EXTREMELY awkward. You know when you just meet someone and they just are awkward, well this was her. She kept laughing after almost every sentence. I mean come on! You know you're speaking in front of a large group. You can't act like that. Then again, I know not everyone is comfortable speaking like I am... haha

We made it into the Alien section just fine. I had a goal though, to get a picture of the alien. I've never really seen what it looked like, The fog and stuff kinda kept me from it. So I was on a mission...

Did I succeed? You tell me...
IMG_4792_zpsa170b2b3.jpg

I was pretty satisfied with myself, haha. I know it's not much to you all, but it was to me! :D

'

Apparently, I was so satisfied that I stopped taking pictures on the ride. haha. Nothing special happened on the ride. We got off and headed towards Pixar Place. We had FP's for TSMM but had about 30 minutes.

We passed by One Man's Dream, we both decided to go in. Now Ashley and I have always loved Walt. He's been like an uncle to us. Even though we've obviously never met. His dream and what he created, has gotten us through very tough times in our lives and he holds a very special place in our hearts. So we obviously enjoy this attraction

IMG_4794_zps6bc08b5a.jpg

IMG_4795_zps447c9871.jpg

IMG_4798_zps24be7a63.jpg

I loved the office, it looks exact to the one from the Saving Mr. Banks. Which I'm pretty sure is not a coincidence ;)

IMG_4800_zpsb104bc26.jpg

I'm dying to visit DLR, one day hopefully. :happy: Soon... fingers crossed

IMG_4801_zps81d0bfdc.jpg

IMG_4802_zps5dc8fd3d.jpg

This amazed me, how the technology is still exactly the same from so long ago and this ride is still just as popular

IMG_4806_zpsb3cbe3d6.jpg

Of course I HAD to get a picture with Uncle Walt <3

After taking our time through here, the movie was about to begin. We had never seen it before, and we still had time for our FP's. So we sat down and enjoyed.

I was ecstatic to hear it was narrated by Julie Andrews! I loved the movie. It showed you pictures and videos of Walt's story. I'm not gonna lie, I cried a little... ok maybe more than a little! Like I said, he holds a place in my heart.

Once the movie was over, we stopped in Pixar Place for a bathroom break and then it was time for our FP's! It took us maybe 5 minutes to get on the ride. Of course we took some pre-ride pictures

IMG_4807_zpseab85e0b.jpg

Then I tried to take one of myself and my "wonderful" little sister did this...
IMG_4808_zpsff740ea5.jpg

Yeap, HER hand, not mine!

IMG_4809_zpsf5072307.jpg

This is my "I "love" my sister face"... haha

Wellllll..... as usual, Ashley won. I'm just not very good at these, Buzz or TSMM... Here are our scores.
IMG_4810_zps68e2f7f2.jpg

I'm blue, she's red. Embarassing...

While waiting to unload, we took some more pictures
IMG_4811_zps676e8959.jpg

Did I mention, someone ALWAYS does a weird face in pictures. We are a family of silliness as you will soon find out

IMG_4812_zpseed7d11c.jpg

Ashley deciding she no longer wants anything to do with me

After getting off, we decided to go see what was up on the backlot of the studios. But not before spotting the Green Army Men! One was actually outside of Pixar Place, all alone. We went up to him. I love my picture with him :)
IMG_4814_zps9d5818e7.jpg

It kind of looks like a weird prom picture to me haha

Ashley's picture were slightly better for one reason. He spoke to her while taking it. While she was taking one, her hair flew into her face. He tried to fix it for her like a gentleman, but was saying "shhh... be still. Dont' move" while doing it. She flipped out! The pictures of her face are great haha. I don't have them, she does :/ I will try to get them. When I tell you they're awesome, they are!

So that is all I got for now guys. Are you all enjoying???

Thanks for following!

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
Yes...but I'm now starting to develop a phobia about cranes. Thanks for that! :)
Haha, sorry :) my sister is crazy though! We have no idea where the fear came from.

Fun report! Thank you for sharing. :)
Thank you for following! :)

Following along. Love the pictures of the underground garage at AKL. I never knew that!
I know right! My parents pulled into the garage and I was sitting there like "WHAT is going on!" haha.
Thanks for following!

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
I finally have a few minutes to post an update

The last few days have been CRAZY! Between working and just life, I have had no time for anything. But there was good news! I bought my first car, and you better believe the first thing I did was put a Mickey antenna topper on it and my AP magnet haha.

Let's get back to this report! So after we were done with the Army man, Ashley really wanted to go on the Backlot Tour. I love this ride, so that was cool with me. We watched the preshow, which had NO volunteers, not as interesting. I've been a volunteer before, its fun but you get SOAKED. I was not up for that today. So we observed

IMG_4816_zps4b1b4356.jpg

This picture made me feel artsy haha. I liked it

IMG_4817_zps8ecb6e6f.jpg

Pre-show, they pretty much talked and showed us the effects

After the show, we got onto the tram. We were squished into a row with this family who refused to scoot down to let us on. The CM had to come over and ask them to move. I mean hello! You see us trying to get on, have some manners. I said excuse me about 4 times before he came over. Rude people, you didn't buy the entire park out for your vacation, MOVE DOWN. Rant over haha.

The first thing we saw were new, the Lone Ranger sets, I didn't see the movie so I was just like "cool" haha
IMG_4819_zps1e1e2ccb.jpg

Saw some planes, I wish they didn't add all the faces to them, especially to Walt's plane, it ruins it for me. You don't have to tie everything to the newer movies!

IMG_4820_zpsdc27d8db.jpg

I got another picture of the Earful tower
IMG_4821_zps41857443.jpg

Not the best picture, but oh well :p

We went through my favorite parts of the ride, costumes and scene shop. I do Musical Theatre, and all throughout high school, I costumed every musical, and did set design and construction, as well as performed in the shows. So I love that stuff :)

We eventually made it into here,
IMG_4822_zps5641eec7.jpg

After the ride, we made our way down SOA, Ashley wanted a picture over at the Singing in the Rain area, while she waited, I went to throw something out and discovered something. Down on San Francisco street, there were about 10 characters doing M&Gs. I yelled over at her "Ashley, get over here!"

We hopped in the first line we saw, Pinocchio
IMG_4823_zps0c9f8e7a.jpg

He was fun, he danced with me after he saw my birthday pin :)

Next up was Ashley's favorite princess, Jasmine
IMG_4825_zps5ecbb2c1.jpg

She did not look like her at all... The picture doesn't really show it. She was definitely pale and just covered in tan makeup and her face was just nothing like Jasmine's. And she didn't act it very well either. But again, just me being critical

Up next was Stitch! He tried to eat my hair after we took the picture haha
IMG_4826_zps8c65f111.jpg

Then we ran into some Army Men again! These ones were hilarious, while I was in line for Stitch, the shorter one tapped me on the shoulder to walk by and I turned around and he started dancing, so I danced with him haha. So he actually pulled me over for a picture and we got this

IMG_4827_zpsa9123220.jpg

This picture took a while to get, one would salute and the other would do something silly, until they hit each other and we got this, but of course at first I wasn't saluting, so they had to show me. I wish I had a picture of all of that haha

After that, all the characters had to go back, they all only had 2 handlers and there were about 10 characters here is who I think was out If I can remember, Stitch, Pinocchio, Snow White, Jasmine, Pocohantas, Belle ( in her blue dress), 2 Army men, Jimminy Cricket, And a country bear (don't know which one)

Ashley and I made our way down by Muppets and saw our favorite Disney siblings, besides us of course, So we got in line.

IMG_4828_zps797b0bd3.jpg

They made us take our sunglasses off, Phineas and Ferb did haha. They took them off for us. Ferb accidentally head-butted me when trying to give me a kiss haha. So Phineas took me from him. They both clapped at my birthday pin.

IMG_4829_zps228c7281.jpg

This picture makes it look like we're standing on slanted ground haha

After meeting the brothers, I called Daniel, he said he was about 1 hour away. Ashley and I were trying to figure out what else we wanted to do, We would be coming back here tomorrow too, so we didn't have to do everything. We walked past Star Tours and Ash, who is a huge Star Wars fan didn't even say anything, she just walked in line and I followed haha.

Neither of us were the rebel spy :( but we did go to somewhere new for us on the ride. Don't ask me where, I couldn't tell you haha. I know nothing about Star Wars.

At this point, we still had about 45 minutes until Daniel got here, Ashley's phone was dying, so we went inside the restaurant by Star Tours, I can never remember the name of this place haha. We went inside and looked around for an outlet. We looked psycho, we kept checking all the walls and people kept staring,

FINALLY we found one and plugged our phones in
IMG_4831_zps46956413.jpg

That's her "my phone is dying face"

We sat there talking and relaxing. Daniel called about 10 minutes of us being in there, he had gotten off of the turnpike. We were going to meet at Beaches and Cream for dinner so we were going to meet at Beach club. Ashley did not want to leave, her phone didn't have enough yet. I told her she had 5 more minutes.

How long did she take? Did we actually get to each at Beaches and Cream? Guess you will have to wait and find out because I am off to work!

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom